Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Shout outs to Wonder, Steve, TheGame, Bashful and Zero Craic. We managed to kill Calus and finish off the raid. And get some nice loot too. Have a 305 chest now. :)

It was tough at times but I had fun during the week and it was great to finally finish it off. Might take a break for a day or two now. :P

Make sure everyone from the clan collects their emblems!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,440 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

still have to do the raid.
    On one hand I have to watch it on youtube so I know wtf is going on but on the other hand I find it ruins it for me like a spoiler. I don't want to do the raid for the sake of it but as a new adventure for my first time.
    Anyway anyone up for a raid tonight?

Kirby wrote: »
    People have a right to their opinions. And his opinions might be right.

However, I'm of the view that a person has to....ya know....actually PLAY the parts of the game they moan about?

Joe got to around 250 light and then stopped. He never did a nightfall, and never raided. He's lying about that. He took footage from youtube and made his mind up from watching others. And he wasn't being honest about it.

Thats a mark against him in my book. If you dont have the time to review the endgame, say it. Don't lie about it.
    He openly admits he didn't bother with the raid as he gave up. It simply wasn't fun.
    That's a perfectly valid reason.

Indicating the amount of reused assets & untouched work on the AI. That's a valid reason.

The main campaign was disappointing in it's entirety even if it was an improvement on the first one (which wasn't hard to accomplish).

Regardless of liking him or not a lot of people obviously believe his opinion is valid considering how many followers he has and I'm sure most critics YouTube or otherwise are in it to make money.

Personally I'm enjoying the social aspect again, brought alot of players back onto Xbox ect that I haven't played with in quite some time but expect to move onto to other titles this coming season, I'm already kind of burnt out @ level 258 so been taking a break the last 2 days.

Personally the strikes have been the most fun when playing in a group.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Kirby wrote: »
    Shout outs to Wonder, Steve, TheGame, Bashful and Zero Craic. We managed to kill Calus and finish off the raid. And get some nice loot too. Have a 305 chest now. :)

It was tough at times but I had fun during the week and it was great to finally finish it off. Might take a break for a day or two now. :P

Make sure everyone from the clan collects their emblems!

Yeah very well done lads, it was a tough slog but its a great achievement to be one of the 1st from clans 1 and 2 to finish it. I do think the raid will deffo need a bit of a buff as the lack of ammo is ridiculous for the amount of ads getting killed. And I hope its not a genuine tactic on bungies behalf to add to the difficulty as its no fun at all looking for ammo with all thats going on.

Raid box in clan settings is not ticked all the same, must be because there was only 2 of us from clan 1 that did it and 4 from clan 2.

Still very well done all involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,954 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Yeah very well done lads, it was a tough slog but its a great achievement to be one of the 1st from clans 1 and 2 to finish it. I do think the raid will deffo need a bit of a buff as the lack of ammo is ridiculous for the amount of ads getting killed. And I hope its not a genuine tactic on bungies behalf to add to the difficulty as its no fun at all looking for ammo with all thats going on.

Raid box in clan settings is not ticked all the same, must be because there was only 2 of us from clan 1 that did it and 4 from clan 2.

Still very well done all involved.
    congrats!
    You'll have to give the rest of us some tips cause we got nowhere close!

Wonder if I will have an engram waiting at Hawthorne for the raid completion or if it disappears at reset (given that I am in clan 2 and majority were in clan 2)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

congrats!
    You'll have to give the rest of us some tips cause we got nowhere close!

Wonder if I will have an engram waiting at Hawthorne for the raid completion or if it disappears at reset (given that I am in clan 2 and majority were in clan 2)

I think Yeah, it disappears at reset. Got mine this morning, and the trials flawless one. Raid Sword and Trials Sidearm. Power Level 10 on both.

I think Yeah, it disappears at reset. Got mine this morning, and the trials flawless one. Raid Sword and Trials Sidearm. Power Level 10 on both.

BBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Browsing Reddit, came across a map of The Leviathan Underbelly. Looks very useful.

DLb2OA9.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

"Death by Kool-Aid", what an awful way to die.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

So I've hit a bit of a wall at 268. What exactly should I be doing to move up?

I've watched a few YouTube clips and it seems to be decrypt engrams late on. (Too late for that), do your milestones (doing that) and then end game stuff.

So nightfalls and raid I assume are my only two other ones.

I'm not going to do the raid yet but would like to get in on the nightfalls with ye again.

What chat are ye using so I can get involved a bit more.

Thanks a mil.

Edit ... I'm in Clan 1 if that makes any difference

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Wonda-Boy wrote:

I think half the members at least have to be clan

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I've watched a few YouTube clips and it seems to be decrypt engrams late on. (Too late for that), do your milestones (doing that) and then end game stuff.

I'm not going to do the raid yet but would like to get in on the nightfalls with ye again.

Thanks a mil.

Basically your only avenues for grinding up now are:
    -Raid
    -Nightfall
    -Flashpoint
    -Call to arms-
    -Clan engrams
    -random exotic drops from public events/chests/strikes/PvP etc

The first 5 there can all be done weekly. The game is pretty much designed so you slow down now in order to keep you playing longer.

Thanks a mil.

Edit ... I'm in Clan 1 if that makes any difference

Anything that provides Luminous Engrams, so your weekly Milestones, will give you the higher level gear. Nightfalls and Clan Engrams will also give the higher level stuff. Exotics will decrypt higher level too. Everything else, dropped Legendary engrams and faction level up engrams are usually round 5 levels below your current level.

Chat now is in the Community, you should have received an invite to it by now. If not, I'll throw one out to you.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    -Raid
    -Nightfall
    -Flashpoint
    -Call to arms-
    -Clan engrams

The first 5 there can all be done weekly. The game is pretty much designed so you slow down now in order to keep you playing longer.

Thanks for that. flashpoint is one I've heard of but not done so I'll need to remedy that.
    Glad there's not a lot I'm missing though. Call to arms is on my list of to do's as well though in fairness.

Otherwise nightfall and slowly does it.

You can also get exotic drops from public events (might need to be an heroic completion, I don't know) and they will decrypt higher than you current light level.

You can also do the blue quest markers in EDZ to kick off a quest for Mida-MutiTool. First part will drop you an SMG variant that will be a higher LL, then you can continue on to get the mida at a higher level. No Raid requirement on Mida, or Nightfall iirc. Think the most nigling part of that one is needing to dismantle 5 scout rifles.

I THINK you can also get an exotic drop from Cayde's chest - bought via treasure map from Cayde.

Anything that provides Luminous Engrams, so your weekly Milestones, will give you the higher level gear. Nightfalls and Clan Engrams will also give the higher level stuff. Exotics will decrypt higher level too. Everything else, dropped Legendary engrams and faction level up engrams are usually round 5 levels below your current level.

Chat now is in the Community, you should have received an invite to it by now. If not, I'll throw one out to you.

Cheers for that info and could you invite me again please? I don't think I got one.

Really appreciate that.

Cheers for that info and could you invite me again please? I don't think I got one.

Really appreciate that.

Done.

Word of warning though. Notifications are not working the way they used to with Messages. It will require manual refresh of the feed to see new stuff. Most of us are getting notified of replies to our own posts, but not new ones. We hope this gets fixed by Sony when OS5 is released. Fingers crossed.

Done.

Word of warning though. Notifications are not working the way they used to with Messages. It will require manual refresh of the feed to see new stuff. Most of us are getting notified of replies to our own posts, but not new ones. We hope this gets fixed by Sony when OS5 is released. Fingers crossed.

Thanks a mil for that. Looking forward to giving the nightfall a go now with a couple of ye who are willing and able to help a lower level gaurdian. :-)

Thanks a mil for that. Looking forward to giving the nightfall a go now with a couple of ye who are willing and able to help a lower level gaurdian. :-)

Woh woh woh there - are you saying you aren't going to be carrying the rest of us? Solvable - revoke the invite plz, only leets and carriers.

• Advertisement

Woh woh woh there - are you saying you aren't going to be carrying the rest of us? Solvable - revoke the invite plz, only leets and carriers.

:D We'll give him a few weeks. If he proves to as good in PvE as Jakari_LFC is in Trials (Flawless), he can stick around.

So long as he's not still using the Vita to play ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

When is the reset now for the different activities and whats xurs craic?

:D We'll give him a few weeks. If he proves to as good in PvE as Jakari_LFC is in Trials (Flawless), he can stick around.

So long as he's not still using the Vita to play ;)

I won't be using the vita for a nightfall or when I'm teaming up with ye in general as I want to be mic'd up etc...
    I have a nice little set up in the dining room with PC monitor etc since last playing with ye on destiny 1.

but I will say I have played a good lot of public events and even strikes on the vita.

Don't get me wrong it isn't ideal but it's not bad in fairness and reduces the likelihood of divorce if I'm in the room with her at least. Lol.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

You can get exotics from non-heroic public events but I'd imagine it's a lower chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Mickeroo wrote: »
    -Raid
    -Nightfall
    -Flashpoint
    -Call to arms-
    -Clan engrams

The Flashpoint is handy - just a case of doing public events on a given planet (this week is Titan).

SeanHarty wrote: »
    When is the reset now for the different activities and whats xurs craic?

Nightfall, Raid, Flashpoint, Clan XP resets Tuesday mornings 10am.

Trials back 6pm Friday.
    Xur returns 10am Friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

Nightfall, Raid, Flashpoint, Clan XP resets Tuesday mornings 10am.

Trials back 6pm Friday.
    Xur returns 10am Friday.

fcuk I never checked the clan rewards I don't think.:mad:

SeanHarty wrote: »
    fcuk I never checked the clan rewards I don't think.:mad:

Stupid question, where do you check the clan rewards?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

jcd5971 wrote: »
    I think half the members at least have to be clan

Indeed at least half the members from the fireteam need to be in the same clan to get the clan rewards, so at least two clan members for nightfall, crucible and trials and at least three for the raid.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I think Hawthorne gives them out in the city.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement