Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,216 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

SeanHarty wrote: »
    fcuk I never checked the clan rewards I don't think.:mad:

Yep - seemingly the clan XP rewards reset Tuesday morning so if you haven't collected them (i would have had a raid one thanks to the lads last night) they are lost. Ah well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,216 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Angron wrote: »
    I think Hawthorne gives them out in the city.

Solvable said they disappear if you don't collect them prior to reset.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Oh I know, but someone asked where you get them, so information for the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

I think Hawthorne gives them out in the city.
    Oh I know, but someone asked where you get them, so information for the future.

Yeah, all clan related rewards are collected from Hawthorne, down by Ikora.

Yeah, if you don't collect any outstanding reward engrams before 10am reset, you've lost them. I got the raid one this morning due to leaving the house later than normal for work. Only got the sword though so .....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Mickeroo wrote: »
    You can get exotics from non-heroic public events but I'd imagine it's a lower chance.

I'd love to see testing on this. I've done mostly heroic but the few non-heroic ones seem to have a similar exotic drop rate.

Was doing the ether mining one in the town, solo yesterday (where you have to destroy the 3 little pods to trigger the heroic). On the first one the last boss walked right into the patch of my merciless and I killed him by mistake. Thought the heroic was gone but did the next one and on the final landing two pods spawned and I was able to trigger it..... for no reward.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I'd love to see testing on this. I've done mostly heroic but the few non-heroic ones seem to have a similar exotic drop rate.

Was doing the ether mining one in the town, solo yesterday (where you have to destroy the 3 little pods to trigger the heroic). On the first one the last boss walked right into the patch of my merciless and I killed him by mistake. Thought the heroic was gone but did the next one and on the final landing two pods spawned and I was able to trigger it..... for no reward.

I have had 1 exotic from a non heroic and I done a good few with Blues that didnt know how to trigger heroics but again as you say its probably a smaller chance of getting them. Exotics are easier to come by in this compared to Destiny 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭roadie_2013

jonnycivic wrote: »
    I have had 1 exotic from a non heroic and I done a good few with Blues that didnt know how to trigger heroics but again as you say its probably a smaller chance of getting them. Exotics are easier to come by in this compared to Destiny 1.

I have yet to have one exotic drop from a heroic event. Must have done about 40 at this point..........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

I have yet to have one exotic drop from a heroic event. Must have done about 40 at this point..........

My issue is I keep getting exotic arms over and over again, fecking dupes

jcd5971 wrote: »
    My issue is I keep getting exotic arms over and over again, fecking dupes

Yeah there's nothing quite like the excitement of getting an exotic engram followed by the crushing disappointment when you decrypt it.

Got the legend of acrius raid exotic shotgun last night.

**** me is that quest hard.
    Its the arms dealer strike with a 7 min timer at power level 300 passed with 8 seconds left on our groups 5th attempt at it. Was some celebrations when it finished.

Now have to do the raid with it a few more times to reached its 2nd upgrade.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Got the legend of acrius raid exotic shotgun last night.

**** me is that quest hard.
    Its the arms dealer strike with a 7 min timer at power level 300 passed with 8 seconds left on our groups 5th attempt at it. Was some celebrations when it finished.

Now have to do the raid with it a few more times to reached its 2nd upgrade.

Yeah have to this later on with a group, have not done it yet but it looks tough going maybe we need to be a higher light so a few more raids. But will give it a bash later on, any tips to smooth things along?

congrats!
    You'll have to give the rest of us some tips cause we got nowhere close!

Wonder if I will have an engram waiting at Hawthorne for the raid completion or if it disappears at reset (given that I am in clan 2 and majority were in clan 2)

TBH, its very straight forward but quite technical. Really dont think the coldheart is the way to go for the skulls despite the vids online.

If I am doing it again I am deffo bring a riskrunner and throwing an arc nade on the floor in the shadow realm and getting the skulls from the arc conductor perk, that will melt them.

3 strongest lights should be outside dealing with ads as they are getting hammered constantly, the shadow realm sequence is really straight forward but needs concentration. But deffo have lad on left shooting right psion and bubble counsellor and lad on right doing the same other side. Reason being alot of the time the psion in front is hidden behind broken tiles. Centre guy only worryies about middle psion and what the other miss if anything.

Forget fusion rifles of any description useless for DPS on boss, rocket launchers and sniper rifles. The latter is alot better.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I get at least 1 a session tbh :D

Wonda-Boy wrote:
    Yeah have to this later on with a group, have not done it yet but it looks tough going maybe we need to be a higher light so a few more raids. But will give it a bash later on, any tips to smooth things along?

I'll run it with you if you want msg me when your doing it.

I was 297 doing it others were 300, 301 and it was rough enough

If you have a group that's cool throw me a party invite there is one or 2 big tips for it.

I'll run it with you if you want msg me when your doing it.

I was 297 doing it others were 300, 301 and it was rough enough

If you have a group that's cool throw me a party invite there is one or 2 big tips for it.

Sweet, I let you know when I am giving it a shot. Helps if you have someone how has done it already.

Wonda-Boy wrote:
    3 strongest lights should be outside dealing with ads as they are getting hammered constantly, the shadow realm sequence is really straight forward but needs concentration.

A good tip for those inside the realm.

Take out the red psions first, their attack will bounce you over the barrier and that's a wipe, you have plenty time for the floating psions.

Also on the 2 last phases before skulls, the red psions on the left and right hide behind a ramp.

If the guardian on left shoots diagonally the right psion and the guardian on right shoots the left psion you can get them before the boop you off.

Honestly once we sorted that bit, we had not even one wipe on shadow realm over 8 or 9 more phases.

I get at least 1 a session tbh :D

How many would you typically do in a session?

How many would you typically do in a session?

Well I was home for lunch yesterday so ran public events and done the world quests. In an hour I had 4 level ups for Failsafe, 5 Legendaries and 2 exotics.

Well I was home for lunch yesterday so ran public events and done the world quests. In an hour I had 4 level ups for Failsafe, 5 Legendaries and 2 exotics.

Great return for an hour....I'm getting no where near that.
    In that hour how many public events do ya think ya ran?

Great return for an hour....I'm getting no where near that.
    In that hour how many public events do ya think ya ran?

I would say about 6 or 7 max. A few non heroics in there too.

• Advertisement

I would say about 6 or 7 max. A few non heroics in there too.

Maybe that is my problem - not running enough of them in one sitting...

Will try put 6-7 back to back tonight and see how it goes..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

Maybe that is my problem - not running enough of them in one sitting...

Will try put 6-7 back to back tonight and see how it goes..

you using the medallion?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Are we supposed to get engrams for all the 4 clan items ? I see 2 filled in already for me , i.e. the crucible but got nothing for it.

Anyone else notice a large shank dropping with the walker public event on titan now ? Also seemed to be a larger hive knight and thrall spawning near the landing pad aswell.

SeanHarty wrote: »
    you using the medallion?

No, I haven't had any popped when running these. Could give that a try too

• Registered Users Posts: 8,762 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

syboit wrote: »
    Are we supposed to get engrams for all the 4 clan items ? I see 2 filled in already for me , i.e. the crucible but got nothing for it.

Anyone else notice a large shank dropping with the walker public event on titan now ? Also seemed to be a larger hive knight and thrall spawning near the landing pad aswell.

The hive Knight is a yellow bar that always spawns there irrespective of the public event, not sure about the shank

I never noticed the second knight before today, the shank is new too afaik.

Someone on my friends list joined my fireteam and had one of those medallions going. Got two bright engrams in a relatively short session, must start buying them. Got a 299 Coil RL from the flashpoint

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

The hive Knight is a yellow bar that always spawns there irrespective of the public event, not sure about the shank

No, he doesnt mean the regular one in the corner that has always spawned. This fellow is new and while he isn't related the public event, he spawns in the same area. He's new. As is the Shank that spawns during the event. Seems to be some changes in the last patch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Kirby wrote: »
    No, he doesnt mean the regular one in the corner that has always spawned. This fellow is new and while he isn't related the public event, he spawns in the same area. He's new. As is the Shank that spawns during the event. Seems to be some changes in the last patch.

Yeah, wondered if it was something in the patch or is it linked to Titan being the flashpoint area this week. You'll notice txt in the corner for these 2 additions , the knight and the oversized shank.

The hive ritual on the rig also spawns a second boss, it gets crazy in there for the heroic one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

you must have gotten very lucky then or they've nerf'd the drop rate.

me, salty and rossi ran about 8-10 tonight all heroic bar one I think and between the group I think we had 2 exotics and about 8-9 purples drop.

we all had the medallion on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

syboit wrote: »
    The hive ritual on the rig also spawns a second boss, it gets crazy in there for the heroic one.

Great craic that. I was in one that seemed to be all Warlocks last night.
    2 knights spawned in and 4 nova bombs went off one after the other. I was just standing there with my rocket launcher feeling a bit unneeded.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement