Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I didn't see one exotic engram on any flashpoint public event with my three characters, including people I was playing with. Seems odd.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I didn't see one exotic engram on any flashpoint public event with my three characters, including people I was playing with. Seems odd.

were they heroic?

me and jcd done one heroic last night that the timer ran out on and he still got an exotic from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,440 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

got Sweet business minigun last night from Cayde for completing public events on Titan..its a blast :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Blazer wrote: »
    got Sweet business minigun last night from Cayde for completing public events on Titan..its a blast :)

The only weapon i want and no sign of it yet for me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 45,954 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

jonnycivic wrote: »

I want that bad - feel it could actually make me usefull in the final part of the raid for the skulls. Cause right now I am feeling like a carry....

• Advertisement

I want that bad - feel it could actually make me usefull in the final part of the raid for the skulls. Cause right now I am feeling like a carry....

Sure the skulls is where you use the ould preorder beam gun isnt it?

Sure the skulls is where you use the ould preorder beam gun isnt it?

at that point in the raid I am not sure what my loadout is at the moment.

Generally some scout, some auto, some sniper.

Last night I was trying Nameless Midnight, Solemn Hymm, Borealus (sp).
    Don't have an auto I am prepared to junk to get cold heart up to a decent level with respect to the rest of my loadout.

Might just suck up up and sacrifice my Scathelock (at 291) to my coldheart.
    Would prob then go Nameless, Coldheart and some sniper.

Constantly having an issue where I come out of the other realm with f all ammo.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I found Sweet Business only good for certain situations alright. Boss fight or hoard would be grand. It's acceleration got to me after a while. Still a lot of fun.

Grayditch wrote: »
    I found Sweet Business only good for certain situations alright. Boss fight or hoard would be grand. It's acceleration got to me after a while. Still a lot of fun.

It was very very good for PvP in the beta as long as you remembered to keep her spooled up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,440 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

It’s going to piss you off then when I gave it to my titan who in turn got another one from Zavala for finishing the game. Even better it’s a level 17 one which means my warlock will be able to use it for the last few levels of the game which will be a blast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Public events is all rng lads. Regardless of Yellow Knights, how many Warlocks are in the area, how many medallions are equipped. Some sessions you'll only get blues. Others everything comes up Milhouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,374 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Howdy lads.

I've never played Destiny but Destiny 2 looks awesome.

Will i be completely lost if I got Destiny 2 lore wise?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Vicxas wrote: »
    Howdy lads.

In some aspects I would definitely say yes tbh. Wouldn't let it put me off getting it though, and Destiny 1 is pretty cheap now anyway if you didn't want to miss out on the original

Base game + all DLCs is €28 in Argos

In some aspects I would definitely say yes tbh. Wouldn't let it put me off getting it though, and Destiny 1 is pretty cheap now anyway if you didn't want to miss out on the original

Base game + all DLCs is €28 in Argos

i disagree - not much is mentioned in the game that really requires prior knowledge, at least not in terms of main story. You wouldn't know who Savathun is, but neither did Generic! Mentions of Siva would be missed but that is a rare comment.

I think Bungie really sidestepped Destiny 1 in a lot of aspects to be honest, and a new player wouldn't be too lost. Sure there is missing connections with NPCs, but I don't know if those connections are required to not be lost. Would the general plot point of the light being lost be something that doesn't hit for a new player? I think the dialog we (players with D1 accounts on platform) heard is different to a new guardian so they may get explanations that we didn't.

were they heroic?

me and jcd done one heroic last night that the timer ran out on and he still got an exotic from it.

yeah mostly maybe bad rng and/or I didn't notice some dropping for others.

I'd also agree you wouldn't need to have played D1 to play D2.

Public events is all rng lads. Regardless of Yellow Knights, how many Warlocks are in the area, how many medallions are equipped. Some sessions you'll only get blues. Others everything comes up Milhouse.

Ran about 4 at lunch and got an exotic on my second one :D

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Vicxas wrote: »
    Howdy lads.

Not really, there's a not a whole lot to it story wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Pure luck! I have run 183 public events (according to destiny tracker), about 3/4 of those were public heroic events and I have got 4/5 exotic engrams from those.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

I've done near enough to 200 and I've gotten plenty of exotic* engrams though some of those times the fireteam medallion was active.

(though destiny tracker says i've done 341 public events)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Byf on YouTube has a destiny 1 lore catch up vid its half hour ish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

You're just exceptionally jammy.

95% of my legendary engrams have been ****ing hand cannons and half the exotics I got have been duplicates

nevelator wrote: »
    Pure luck! I have run 183 public events (according to destiny tracker), about 3/4 of those were public heroic events and I have got 4/5 exotic engrams from those.
    Tazzimus wrote: »
    You're just exceptionally jammy.

95% of my legendary engrams have been ****ing hand cannons and half the exotics I got have been duplicates

I tell yis what lads, since I'm so jammy how about yis join my fireteam when I get on and we see if I can get you some of the lovely exotics :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

I tell yis what lads, since I'm so jammy how about yis join my fireteam when I get on and we see if I can get you some of the lovely exotics :P
    Share that rabbit foot/horse shoe/random lucky charm around eh? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭roadie_2013

Might take you up on that!!!! :)

nevelator wrote: »

Didn't realise you could check this. I've ran 405 public events and would say with duplicates have got about 15 from them.
    More worringly of my 599 deaths 105 have been suicides. I need to put that Wardoff Coil away.

Might take you up on that!!!! :)

No problem at all joining in, I'll be on most of the evening

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

I don't know why, but when i read
    gimli2112 wrote: »
    More worringly of my 599 deaths 105 have been suicides. I need to put that Wardoff Coil away.
    I thought of this:

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 7,643 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Sweet business is unreal craic. Haven't worked out if it's good or not yet mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Anybody having issues with clan rewards? I haven't got any for the last two weeks, despite the app telling me to go visit Hawthorne to collect.

• Advertisement

ibFoxer wrote: »
    Anybody having issues with clan rewards? I haven't got any for the last two weeks, despite the app telling me to go visit Hawthorne to collect.

They've been working fine for me, keep up the good work lads. :) Are you sure you have all the milestones done or did it work and then stopped?

Edit.
    I should have said. I get the three personal xp awards for each character but you seem to only get the clan rewards per account and not per character ie. one for reaching weekly xp, one for Crucible, one for nightfall etc

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement