Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

gimli2112 wrote: »
    They've been working fine for me, keep up the good work lads. :) Are you sure you have all the milestones done or did it work and then stopped?

anyone know at what point in the story my alt chars can start getting the clan rewards? is it when you first meet hawthorn or do I need to complete the story to unlock the tower?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Just a general pvp thought. I'm less than average at pvp but enjoy it. Watch a good bit of it on youtube and constantly see complaints in relation to how other people play. Saw one yesterday and the guy was moaning about how slow the game was, everyone camping, lieing back in doorways picking off people. Yet he was doing the same thing as far as I could see.

Provided people aren't cheating or boosting I never have an issue with how other people play. I'm not going to go running around getting destroyed by better players though and will resort to underhandeness if needs be. I'm unashamedly using the Mida at present and playing to its strengths. Recently swapped out the mini for Urials Gift and while I'm a little weak in CQ now it's the better option for me.

I've come a long way from my MW2 days camping in a corner surrounded by recharageable claymores but I'm never going to be a run and gunner.

SeanHarty wrote: »
    anyone know at what point in the story my alt chars can start getting the clan rewards? is it when you first meet hawthorn or do I need to complete the story to unlock the tower?

I would have thought it was when you complete the story. I'm sure you have to kind of activate Hawthorn in the Tower.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Just a general pvp thought. I'm less than average at pvp but enjoy it. Watch a good bit of it on youtube and constantly see complaints in relation to how other people play. Saw one yesterday and the guy was moaning about how slow the game was, everyone camping, lieing back in doorways picking off people. Yet he was doing the same thing as far as I could see.

Provided people aren't cheating or boosting I never have an issue with how other people play. I'm not going to go running around getting destroyed by better players though and will resort to underhandeness if needs be. I'm unashamedly using the Mida at present and playing to its strengths. Recently swapped out the mini for Urials Gift and while I'm a little weak in CQ now it's the better option for me.

I've come a long way from my MW2 days camping in a corner surrounded by recharageable claymores but I'm never going to be a run and gunner.

Im really liking PvP this time around, maybe its because I am doing better than when I started in D1. Mida/Uriels is the go to combo at the moment but I was using the combo because it was my highest loadout more so than anything else. The better devils hand cannon is awesome aswell.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

SeanHarty wrote: »

The clan rewards are only available to 1 char tho arent they?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

jonnycivic wrote: »
    The clan rewards are only available to 1 char tho arent they?

All of them except the personal clan XP, you can do that on 3 characters.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Nightfall this week is a right pain in the arse, barely beat it. Boss disappearing, and then reappearing in the middle of a group of adds is frustrating. In the end, only got it completed after I got a last gasp super and just threw as many hammers as I could at him.

Angron wrote: »
    Nightfall this week is a right pain in the arse, barely beat it. Boss disappearing, and then reappearing in the middle of a group of adds is frustrating. In the end, only got it completed after I got a last gasp super and just threw as many hammers as I could at him.

Hammers still rule, well unless your a fisty titan :P

Mickeroo wrote: »
    All of them except the personal clan XP, you can do that on 3 characters.

ah ok I haven't started my alts yet, was thinking of it to get the rewards for a few weeks as I'm not getting a lot of play time so I'm just trying to get one guy up to speed.

I can hold off on the alts for a while so

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Hammers still rule, well unless your a fisty titan :P

I tend to go between hammers and fists, depending on what I'm doing. While the Captain America shield titan is cool, I just don't like it as much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Johnny's just mad for the fisting is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,954 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Tried it last night, failed massively both times. just couldn't survive long enough to put damage on the boss, was dying every few seconds. Ads weren't droping health enough, no heavy ammo dropped at all in boss room. no decent cover, always ads picking at your health and poor ways of getting it back. Super frustrating. Feels like Attrition is a modifier I will be compelled to avoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,440 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

finished the game with my 2nd character yesterday afternoon.
    A few hours later my titan was level at 270 with my first character.
    Very very fast..must start my warlock off now as well.
    Ranking up your second and third characters is a helluva lot faster than Destiny 1.

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Johnny's just mad for the fisting is all.

I love a good fisting i do ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

Arse like a burst blood orange.

Tried it last night, failed massively both times. just couldn't survive long enough to put damage on the boss, was dying every few seconds. Ads weren't droping health enough, no heavy ammo dropped at all in boss room. no decent cover, always ads picking at your health and poor ways of getting it back. Super frustrating. Feels like Attrition is a modifier I will be compelled to avoid.

Yeah, there was a distinct lack of purple ammo dropping for my group too once we got to the boss. I think it took my group 3 runs to get it, worst part is those shanks that shock you and you can't double jump away.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭roadie_2013

Haven't ran it myself this week yet but seen a post or video somewhere saying there was a some crates on the platform in the north west side where you can use as cover and stand on to stop melee attacks and also stops you getting shocked

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Yeah, there was a distinct lack of purple ammo dropping for my group too once we got to the boss. I think it took my group 3 runs to get it, worst part is those shanks that shock you and you can't double jump away.

Respawns there are also terrible. Respawned in one of the permanent shock spaces around the terminals, boss immediately ran over and punched me off the map.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I just thought I was cr@p cause I'd never done that raid before (at all) and basically caused us to fail 1st time.
    2nd time we got it done with 6 mins left but that was more down to 2 of the lads from the Community who jumped in who seemed to know where all the Oracle thingys were to shoot as I was just wandering off solo chatting to myself failing to contribute.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,954 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I just thought I was cr@p cause I'd never done that raid before

Yeah. you dying three times in the one run last night was a bit crap alright! :p:D (Was that the run we actually completed it on?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

I just thought I was cr@p cause I'd never done that raid before (at all) and basically caused us to fail 1st time.
    2nd time we got it done with 6 mins left but that was more down to 2 of the lads from the Community who jumped in who seemed to know where all the Oracle thingys were to shoot as I was just wandering off solo chatting to myself failing to contribute.
    Scrub..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Yeah, again that nightfall isn't enjoyable for me at all, but I'm sure I'll bum along with two others and get it done at some stage this week.

I still need to do the Rat King stuff, but I think I'll wait until next week to have a go at the Nightfall section of the quest.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I love a good fisting i do ;)

giving or receiving?:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Scrub..

I prefer the term "high-risk, high-reward player" thank you very much :P

giving or receiving?:pac:

Both :P

Both :P

one for one? meet ya down by cayde.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

I'm definitely giving the nightfall a miss this week. Exodus Crash is the only strike I don't like in the normal rotations so the added difficulty, time limit and lack of power ammo would probably result in the controller bouncing/shattering off the wall after my 5th attempt.

See plenty of videos up soloing this week's nightfall, may give it a go later.
    I can only do the :) and :pac emotes neither of which are relevant here

Edit: I've forgotten how to do the pacman one obviously

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

See plenty of videos up soloing this week's nightfall, may give it a go later.
    I can only do the :) and :pac emotes neither of which are relevant here

Edit: I've forgotten how to do the pacman one obviously

You forgot the second colon :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement