Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

gimli2112 wrote: »
    See plenty of videos up soloing this week's nightfall, may give it a go later.
    I can only do the :) and :pac emotes neither of which are relevant here

Edit: I've forgotten how to do the pacman one obviously

To do Pac just put Pac inside these guys :

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

You forgot the second colon :pac:

Stop, you'll get jonny going again...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Grayditch wrote: »
    Stop, you'll get jonny going again...

mmmmmmm colons :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

This thread has taken a disturbing turn

jcd5971 wrote: »
    This thread has taken a disturbing turn

Hey dont disturb the turning, i like it when they turn ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭ginger_hammer

Hi, I have a couple of questions. I'm in a clan of 3 and we aren't online together much - I want to do the nightfall and raid but I believe there is no matchmaking? Then I saw that guided games for the nightfall and tried being a seeker for like 10 mins and nobody joined. Do I have any other options? I really don't want to change clan, is there any other way of forming fireteams for raid/nightfall? I'm level 279.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Hi, I have a couple of questions. I'm in a clan of 3 and we aren't online together much - I want to do the nightfall and raid but I believe there is no matchmaking? Then I saw that guided games for the nightfall and tried being a seeker for like 10 mins and nobody joined. Do I have any other options? I really don't want to change clan, is there any other way of forming fireteams for raid/nightfall? I'm level 279.

This is likely due to GG being in a beta atm, and more people wanting to be helped, than to do the helping. Particularly with this weeks awful NF and a lot of people still working out Raid mechanic and encounters.
    Personally, I prefer LFG sites (on the very rare occasion I don't play with my clan mates, but you're like 3, so that's a bigger issues for ye)
    This is my preferred site, I'd highly recommend setting up an account :)

http://www.destinylfg.net/

This is likely due to GG being in a beta atm, and more people wanting to be helped, than to do the helping. Particularly with this weeks awful NF and a lot of people still working out Raid mechanic and encounters.
    Personally, I prefer LFG sites (on the very rare occasion I don't play with my clan mates, but you're like 3, so that's a bigger issues for ye)

Thanks for that. The site above - how does it work for the fireteam? Do you have to friend people on PSN first or how does it work?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,954 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Thanks for that. The site above - how does it work for the fireteam? Do you have to friend people on PSN first or how does it work?

Generally use a party invite and then join the game session from the party.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Reddit fireteams is also worth a look.

• Advertisement

nevelator wrote: »
    Reddit fireteams is also worth a look.

Since I moderate there, me linking that here would be poor form/shilling/breach of rules etc, just saying

And tbh, I actually prefer LFG.net personally, just always found it to be super useable over other sites.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

You can also try posting your gamertag/PSNID in any of the relevant threads here if you like, you don't have to part of the boards clan to post or play with people here. You might not get a whole lot of uptake but it's worth a try anyway.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    You can also try posting your gamertag/PSNID in any of the relevant threads here if you like, you don't have to part of the boards clan to post or play with people here. You might not get a whole lot of uptake but it's worth a try anyway.

Ok great, thanks for the tips.

My gamertag/PSNID is ginger_hammerer - please add me to any games/friends going on if you see me online or however things work! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

The Destiny app is fairly handy for getting a group as well.

Since I moderate there, me linking that here would be poor form/shilling/breach of rules etc, just saying

And tbh, I actually prefer LFG.net personally, just always found it to be super useable over other sites.

hardly would be in breach would it?

lfg.net is good, lfg.com is a bit iffy bungie have a fireteam finder on the website, i used it last week was fairly ok, gave me a notification on the pc as well so you dont need to sit refreshing the page for an update.

reddit lfg i have not used much.

on subject of reddit tho has anyone else found the app waaaaay more user-friendly than the actual website?

its like a weird mirror image of boards's good website shockingly ****e app:D

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

I feel like I have gone from being a big fish in a small pond to being a small fish in a big pond.

I was on holidays for the past 3 weeks and before I left, I had (in D1) 3 x 400 guardians with all 4 raid armour and weapons, all exotics, all IB gear... everything!

Now, I'm back and I'm running around with 1 character at very low light trying to catch up. I'm not eligible for NF or Raids yet so I'm on the grind. Public events mainly.

Any tips to get me from 200 to 260? I want to get strong again.

Any tips to get me from 200 to 260?

Genuinely almost anything will lvl you up

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Seriously are Bungies servers held together with ****ing pritsick and blutack?!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Seriously are Bungies servers held together with ****ing pritsick and blutack?!

It's fine here on Xbox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

mean while at bungie....

Hamster_computer_sm_high.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Power was out at 5am, was meant to be back at 5pm that changed to 7pm and not power is out again until midnight.

Was at the raid end boss door and then flash everything goes off.

SeanHarty wrote: »
    mean while at bungie....

Hamster_computer_sm_high.jpg

its pete someone tell salty. bungie kidnapped him

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Only finished the campaign with the main toon 2 nights ago. Bit dissappointed with the story. Bit underwhelming.

So i guess its just levelling now till im high enough to do NF/Raid etc?

Do the normal strikes give decent loot? I keep seeing public events mentioned so not sure which would be more fruitful

EoinHef wrote: »
    Only finished the campaign with the main toon 2 nights ago. Bit dissappointed with the story. Bit underwhelming.

So i guess its just levelling now till im high enough to do NF/Raid etc?

Do the normal strikes give decent loot? I keep seeing public events mentioned so not sure which would be more fruitful

It doesn't matter what you do pre-265, anything will help you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Crucible solo is just the completely wrong way to play the game, get matched with full fire teams which make your own teammates quit out.

Uuuugh

wexdevil wrote: »
    Crucible solo is just the completely wrong way to play the game, get matched with full fire teams which make your own teammates quit out.

Uuuugh

I've only ever done Crucible solo and I've enjoyed near every game. It is a balls when you get matched with a clan but try stick with your teammates, I've beating a few clans with randoms.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    It doesn't matter what you do pre-265, anything will help you out.

Is there specific loot from strikes though or does any activity drop every gun?

Well the ones that dont require a quest anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    I've only ever done Crucible solo and I've enjoyed near every game. It is a balls when you get matched with a clan but try stick with your teammates, I've beating a few clans with randoms.

What bugs me the most is people quitting out almost instantly if the other team gets in the lead,sure it doesn't happen every game but often enough to bug the ****e out of me.

Though I have had some pretty fun games but they've been few and far between. :(

EoinHef wrote: »
    Is there specific loot from strikes though or does any activity drop every gun?

Well the ones that dont require a quest anyway

I wouldn't have a clue about specific loot from certain activities tbh.

• Advertisement

wexdevil wrote: »
    What bugs me the most is people quitting out almost instantly if the other team gets in the lead,sure it doesn't happen every game but often enough to bug the ****e out of me.

Though I have had some pretty fun games but they've been few and far between. :(

I've had people quit alright but it's usually just been the one, and they'd be replaced quick enough.

But I get where you're coming from, losing a player is a very big thing in D2, D1 not so much. That's one of the reasons I preferred Crucible in D1. I remember having games in D1 where my team would be losing by a few thousand points only for us to comeback and win by a couple of thousand points, I've never seen that happen in D2 yet.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement