Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    I wouldn't have a clue about specific loot from certain activities tbh.

No worries. Been avoiding spoilers till i finished the campaign so the same. I guess ill just try all the stuffs and see what loots i get:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

gimli2112 wrote: »
    They've been working fine for me, keep up the good work lads. :) Are you sure you have all the milestones done or did it work and then stopped?

Edit.
    I should have said. I get the three personal xp awards for each character but you seem to only get the clan rewards per account and not per character ie. one for reaching weekly xp, one for Crucible, one for nightfall etc

Do you have to have the milestones done yourself to get clan rewards? For example, some of the lads in the clan have beaten the raid, and folk who haven't beaten it yet are going to Hawthorne to get the reward- when i go she has nothing for me. Same for nightfall.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

ibFoxer wrote: »
    Do you have to have the milestones done yourself to get clan rewards? For example, some of the lads in the clan have beaten the raid, and folk who haven't beaten it yet are going to Hawthorne to get the reward- when i go she has nothing for me. Same for nightfall.

You don't have to complete the activity yourself to get the clan reward, but I think you must be level 20.

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    You don't have to complete the activity yourself to get the clan reward, but I think you must be level 20.

Level 20 on two characters, neither of which can claim any reward from Hawthorne.

Surely someone else has come across this?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Level 20 on two characters, neither of which can claim any reward from Hawthorne.

Surely someone else has come across this?

Have you tried on both characters? my trials one never materialised last week but the others were all there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I'm pretty sure I got the Raid sword as a clan reward this morning. It was only level 10 but seems to have the raid perks - 3 quick hits restore ammo. I've never done the Raid. Certainly got the crucible and nf clan rewards earlier this week and picked up the raid one today. Trials one is not complete.

I don't know what you have to do to activate the clan rewards but it's something pretty straight forward eg. speak to Hawthorn in the Tower so not sure why you are not getting them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

So eh that's a thing.

I'm pretty sure I got the Raid sword as a clan reward this morning. It was only level 10 but seems to have the raid perks - 3 quick hits restore ammo. I've never done the Raid. Certainly got the crucible and nf clan rewards earlier this week and picked up the raid one today. Trials one is not complete.

I don't know what you have to do to activate the clan rewards but it's something pretty straight forward eg. speak to Hawthorn in the Tower so not sure why you are not getting them.

I now know it's because i deleted a clan invite, apparently a known bug.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭mcgrath1992

Has anyone here ever gone flawless for the trials before? and if so is the loot like prosecuter worth it? i would love to go flawless but i just dont have the skill or the team to achieve enough kills or even defuse the charge to win lol

Has anyone here ever gone flawless for the trials before? and if so is the loot like prosecuter worth it? i would love to go flawless but i just dont have the skill or the team to achieve enough kills or even defuse the charge to win lol

I got a prosecuter from the clan rewards earlier. This clan thing is cool.

• Advertisement

I got a prosecuter from the clan rewards earlier. This clan thing is cool.

oh seriously? so its not just a trial exclusive reward? i just joined the boards clan yesterday so im new to how all this clan rewards works

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

oh seriously? so its not just a trial exclusive reward? i just joined the boards clan yesterday so im new to how all this clan rewards works

Nope, I got the Adjudicator Trials SMG last week from Clan Rewards and I've never ran trials. Dropped at Power level 10 and infused it up

skerry wrote: »
    Nope, I got the Adjudicator Trials SMG last week from Clan Rewards and I've never ran trials. Dropped at Power level 10 and infused it up

cool sounds good i just changed clans yesterday and it said switching clans may affect me getting rewards until next week so not sure what that means but looks like no rewards for me until next week for cool stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

EoinHef wrote: »
    Is there specific loot from strikes though or does any activity drop every gun?

Well the ones that dont require a quest anyway

Nope, no specific strike stuff at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

I now know it's because i deleted a clan invite, apparently a known bug.

How's that bug work foxer? I got stuff last week but not this week, even though 3 green boxes are filled in on the clan page.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Clan reached level 2 and everyone but me got somethin :/
    Also, I don't think I'll be getting that Trials Of The Milestone. Win one game. It's rough!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Grayditch wrote: »
    Clan reached level 2 and everyone but me got somethin :/
    Also, I don't think I'll be getting that Trials Of The Milestone. Win one game. It's rough!

Clan level just increases clan perks on the banner. The clan engrams come from clan activity completion and earning 5000 clan xp in a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Clan level just increases clan perks on the banner. The clan engrams come from clan activity completion and earning 5000 clan xp in a week.

Ah ok, they must have just gotten stuff from us doing Nightfall, so.

I presume the clan rewards can only be gotten once a week from doing the reset clan milestone?

I presume the clan rewards can only be gotten once a week from doing the reset clan milestone?

yup
    you get rewards per character for getting 5000 clan xp and you get a clan reward when the NF, Crucible, Raid and Trial challenges are completed by the clan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Servers down again tomorrow from 2pm until 8pm. This is the third week with significant downtime for server maintenance since release, absolute joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Servers down again tomorrow from 2pm until 8pm. This is the third week with significant downtime for server maintenance since release, absolute joke.

To be honest I think it's complete bull****.

There's no excuses for it.

Doesn't affect me personally tomorrow as I won't get on till at least 8pm (although will it be done by then?) but it'll affect a lot of people.

People will get sick of this if it continues.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

This feels like they're finishing the game, one "server maintenance" session at a time.
    Three weeks of this plus a 6 odd GB day one patch reeks of half finished game released.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Spent the weekend doing public events, hoping to climb out of the 270 bracket. I seem to be stuck on 275.

Finally got an exotic drop on my last heroic event tonight. Suddenly I feel like all the time I spent doing public events wasn’t wasted. All the dismantling of 268 blues wasn’t worthwhile.

Get to the cryparch. Decide exotic engram. New exotic helmet! Cry when I see it’s a lower light level than my other hat. F**k.

Yes exotic decrypting can be soul crushing. The milestones helped me rank up from 270 pretty quickly. Flashpoints, cadayes treasure maps, personal clan xp, call to arms and clan engrams. Doing this with public events after certainly helps. Only done one nf , no raid or trials. Do have three characters which helps. Hit a bit of a wall now as I'm waiting on the reset to rank up. Characters are 297-298.

I'd play pvp but there's little point as progression is almost non-existent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

Notorious wrote: »
    Spent the weekend doing public events, hoping to climb out of the 270 bracket. I seem to be stuck on 275.

Finally got an exotic drop on my last heroic event tonight. Suddenly I feel like all the time I spent doing public events wasn’t wasted. All the dismantling of 268 blues wasn’t worthwhile.

Get to the cryparch. Decide exotic engram. New exotic helmet! Cry when I see it’s a lower light level than my other hat. F**k.

not even joking this is the exact point I'm at, finding it very tough to push past this point!

after multiple public events an exotic finally dropped and I rushed back to the tower, decrypts at 278 and the boots I have being 276, hardly worth infusing the exotic and I cant wear it because I'm wearing a helmet.

was also using a 265 primary and dropped a 278 exotic infused that and my primary only went to 273 :mad:

I had 267 gauntlets and bought ones off xur even to try get up a little bit that way.

gave up and started a new charater, ill go back to my main after reset and do those activities and hopefully get him up that way :confused:

also have exotic quests I'm running on my main so hopefully that will help a little.

Any exotic you get should be infused into your legendary gear if it raises your LL, unless it's an exotic you need for your sub-class or is a gun you'll use a lot. Every little bit helps.

Definitely starting alts will help raise LL. The way it works is the ones you start later rank up faster. I went Titan, Warlock and Hunter and the Hunter's now the strongest followed by the Warlock. There's not much in it but it's there.

Wardcliff Coil is so much fun in pvp btw. It's almost a guaranteed kill.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,954 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Tazzimus wrote: »
    This feels like they're finishing the game, one "server maintenance" session at a time.
    Three weeks of this plus a 6 odd GB day one patch reeks of half finished game released.

Day 1 patches are completely standard in games now. I see that as no indication of anything.

None of the server maintenance periods we have had so far have resulted in significant changes to gameplay.

As far as I am aware if they are making changes to the game itself, we would need to be downloading patches on our end. (balancing stuff on their end is patchless I think but actually adding content to the game would require a patch)

At worst it reeks of servers not capable of supporting the game - which we have seen through 'Contacting Destiny' and so many connection drops.

The server downtime is annoying, no doubt about that, but a half finished game? I don't see the server maintenance being proof of that at all.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

SeanHarty wrote: »

was also using a 265 primary and dropped a 278 exotic infused that and my primary only went to 273 :mad:

Watch out for this, all exotics drop with a legendary mod which adds 5 to their LL. So the actual LL of that exotic was 273.

It works in reverse too so assuming the 276 legendary boots you mention don't have a legendary mod they would actually bring the 278 exotic boots up to 281.

• Advertisement

I get contacting destiny servers nearly every time I log on. Game has crashed a few times but not game breaking considering how much I've played, although I was annoyed when it crashed just as I completed an heroic public event.

If they balance stuff like guns don't we get a patch? I'd say it's more likely they're looking at connection/performance issues rather than gameplay.

See a lot of moaning about the Mida online. I get it is over used in Trials but is it really a problem? I changed to an smg over the weekend and had a blast. Mida's a good scout in PvP but if it's frustrating you why wouldn't you use it yourself?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement