Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,216 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Mickeroo wrote: »
    It works in reverse too so assuming the 276 legendary boots you mention don't have a legendary mod they would actually bring the 278 exotic boots up to 283.

It would bring them up to 281, not 283.

Actual Power Level is 272. Infusing would bring that power level to 276, mod would add 5 to that, so then 281.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,380 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

It would bring them up to 281, not 283.

Actual Power Level is 272. Infusing would bring that power level to 276, mod would add 5 to that, so then 281.

Yeah I know, still a bit early for simple maths :pac:

Raid completion talk.....

Ran the raid last night with 5 Hunters and 1 Warlock.

I thought the boss battle would be a bit of a joke without a Warlock or two putting down rifts on each platform (Cal may have put on on the 2nd or 3rd platform, I honestly wasn't checking - I know he was using healing one at the skulls.)

But - it actually seemed fine, though I think throne room team missed the roaming supers though.

Was funny loading into the raid - TEAM HUNTER GO!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Celestial Nighthawk specc'd with the Bottom Skill Tree hit Calus for like 1.6 million damage when he's doing his wavey armed light up thingy.
    Handy to have 1 person in Team Teleport use that, and failing that rockets.
    We had a tough time keeping our health topped up before he did that manoeuvre, seems like it takes a ludicrous amount of time for Hunters to regen Health.
    Celestial Nighthawk would have been good against the dogs too now that I think about it, better than the weak as pi$$ Arc Strider super for the damage phase then

Celestial Nighthawk specc'd with the Bottom Skill Tree hit Calus for like 1.6 million damage when he's doing his wavey armed light up thingy.
    Handy to have 1 person in Team Teleport use that, and failing that rockets.
    We had a tough time keeping our health topped up before he did that manoeuvre, seems like it takes a ludicrous amount of time for Hunters to regen Health.
    Celestial Nighthawk would have been good against the dogs too now that I think about it, better than the weak as pi$$ Arc Strider super for the damage phase then

Yeah, I was running arc-strider and even with the exotic chest and a decent multiplyer I was struggling to take off half health with the super.

Armor spec on a hunter is a massive issue for me - mobility is high almost by default with any Hunter armour. I have very little that allows me to spec recovery/resiliance.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,380 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Tethers are the way to go. Can burn down a dog in one phase solo with the top skill tree plus it gives everyone a buff when burning down calus. Invisible roll is also handy if the ads are overwhelming you at any point.

Base health regen should be the same for all classes I think? Just need to spec armour for recovery to speed it up, though hunter armour definitely favours mobility from what I've seen.

Supers you can just "dump" into the Dogs are probably best for that phase imho
    plus it gives everyone a buff when burning down calus..

Does it? This seems to be a bit of a contentious point atm :confused:

Tethers are the way to go. Can burn down a dog in one phase solo with the top skill tree plus it gives everyone a buff when burning down calus. Invisible roll is also handy if the ads are overwhelming you at any point.

Base health regen should be the same for all classes I think? Just need to spec armour for recovery to speed it up, though hunter armour definitely favours mobility from what I've seen.

Burn them down how? Just super/nade usage or with a particular weapon combo?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

SeanHarty wrote:
    was also using a 265 primary and dropped a 278 exotic infused that and my primary only went to 273

The exotic was actually 273 when you take out the legendary mod.

When you put a legendary mod onto the primary it will jump up to the 278.

My advice is if you get a legendary weapon that drops with a legendary mod before your at 280 keep it and infuse other gear into that Aa you will be getting the +5 light from the mod.

Do this even if your not using the gear as all future drops will now be at this higher level.

Nades are great pulse grenades melt the ****ers.

I use nova bomb with damage over time, and a charged up vortex grenade.

Have often killed a dog by accident with grenade.

• Advertisement

jcd5971 wrote: »
    Nades are great pulse grenades melt the ****ers.

I use nova bomb with damage over time, and a charged up vortex grenade.

Have often killed a dog by accident with grenade.

None of those are tethers.

Supers you can just "dump" into the Dogs are probably best for that phase imho

Does it? This seems to be a bit of a contentious point atm :confused:

Googled it there and maybe you're right, just assumed it worked the same as the first game. Could have sworn I was getting higher damage numbers when the tether was on him though.

Yeah just Tether, then vortex grenade and go ham with your weapon of choice. Think I was using the valkaydan autorifle with the odd rocket (though apparently tether might not effect power weapons now). Had no issue killing on one phase provided the pollen bit wasn't screwed up.

Do Hunters have a damage over time grenade?

I was saying I'd dump my super (nova for me) and then follow up with a damage over time grenade to melt them down.

I'd imagine a golden gun followed with solar grenade( if they still have it) would be just as effective.

Or even better the debuff after a tether with their damage over time grenade.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

One of the skill trees on the night stalker allow you to spec for shadow-shot dealing huge damage to tethered enemies. I haven't really used nightstalker - so have no idea of what the actual damage is.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I was saying I'd dump my super (nova for me) and then follow up with a damage over time grenade to melt them down.

I'd imagine a golden gun followed with solar grenade( if they still have it) would be just as effective.

My strat on the doggies (Striker Titan) is 2 nades and 4 bullets from the merciless and bang the dog is gone :D

yeah nightstalker has the exact same grenade.
    nevelator wrote: »
    One of the skill trees on the night stalker allow you to spec for shadow-shot dealing huge damage to tethered enemies. I haven't really used nightstalker - so have no idea of what the actual damage is.

Yeah I was using the top tree instead as the tether lasts longer. it's possible the one you mention is better.

nevelator wrote: »

I heard that only works on the blue-collar enemies, not emperors et-al

Which is a kinda cheap way of Bungie f**king with Boss strategies. But hey, I never thought I'd use a Bladedancer for a boss encounter, and yet here we are :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,678 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

jonnycivic wrote: »
    My strat on the doggies (Striker Titan) is 2 nades and 4 bullets from the merciless and bang the dog is gone :D

When did Barry Scott take over Jonnys account?

What do you do if you have 2 of the same Raid keys (Pipeline for example)? Can you open the chest twice? Go to orbit? walk away and see if the chest regens?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

When did Barry Scott take over Jonnys account?

He likes to take over my body from time to time :P
    What do you do if you have 2 of the same Raid keys (Pipeline for example)? Can you open the chest twice? Go to orbit? walk away and see if the chest regens?

No when you leave the room with the watchers it will shut, you then open and kill the watchers again and a new chest will spawn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Hunter with the "Orpheus Rig" boots is easily one of the best if not the best armour piece in the game, you can nearly spam the supers if used correctly. Its a invaluable piece of kit in the raid for the team.

I was using Nightstalker on Calus last night and the damage is mental, we got him in 2 phases.

And one of the void grenades is a continuous burn nade.

Started using a sidearm again at the weekend. Was using Last Hope. You have to be closer than I remember in D1 to do anything but I really liked it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Last Hope is the only sidearm I've seen youtubers banging on about. Got killed a few times by it over the weekend. It has range perks and I guess now shotguns are less of a thing it's probably a good option.

Started using a sidearm again at the weekend. Was using Last Hope. You have to be closer than I remember in D1 to do anything but I really liked it.

yeah i really like the trials one so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,709 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Finally home from travelling, pick up D2 today hoping to smash through most of the story before going back to work tomorrow and I see its maintenance all day..

AdamD wrote: »
    Finally home from travelling, pick up D2 today hoping to smash through most of the story before going back to work tomorrow and I see its maintenance all day..

They have learned from the ahead of it's time Wii, "You should take a break"

Last hope melts in PvP :D

Am I losing my mind or sometimes do guns legit just not shoot on repeated trigger pulls?
    Finding it an issues in PvP since launch when spamming Nightshade Pulse rounds and I'm not sure if it's game related or due to my new DS4 controller

Am I losing my mind or sometimes do guns legit just not shoot on repeated trigger pulls?
    Finding it an issues in PvP since launch when spamming Nightshade Pulse rounds and I'm not sure if it's game related or due to my new DS4 controller

it is definitely a thing, its very noticable on handcannons seen a few videos on it.
    happened me with the lincoln green pulse as well in trials on sunday

• Advertisement

Ghost bullets are back lads, they are back.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement