Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I thought my controller was on the way out.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Grayditch wrote: »
    I thought my controller was on the way out.

I thought the same until it done it on my DS4 and Nacon.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

jonnycivic wrote: »
    I thought the same until it done it on my DS4 and Nacon.

Do you still use the Nacon much? I have relegated mine to be a back-up for the back-up controller.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Am I losing my mind or sometimes do guns legit just not shoot on repeated trigger pulls?
    Finding it an issues in PvP since launch when spamming Nightshade Pulse rounds and I'm not sure if it's game related or due to my new DS4 controller

I had the same problem with 3 different blue DS4's. Happened it a load of games too, haven't felt it happen in Destiny though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

nevelator wrote: »
    Do you still use the Nacon much? I have relegated mine to be a back-up for the back-up controller.

Lol, same. :pac:

I should just sell it or use it. Sh!t or get off the pot like...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

Lol, same. :pac:

I should just sell it or use it. Sh!t or get off the pot like...

why do you guys not use it?

was thinking if I buy a new controller ill buy a fancy one, thinking I better not now!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I use it when I play overwatch now, its great for getting quick turns with mercy so I stick to it. I will try get it setup for destiny 2 tho and use it more often.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

SeanHarty wrote: »

was thinking if I buy a new controller ill buy a fancy one, thinking I better not now!

My issue is that the thumb-sticks are really loose.

My issue is that the thumb-sticks are really loose.

Hence why its great in OW with mercy, its ideal for her but destiny 1 it made the sniping so much harder.

SeanHarty wrote: »

It has weird hand feel. Like my index fingers are way to far back and it feels uncomfortable like it's stretching the area between my thumb and index finger kinda. Maybe I just have tiny hands tho

• Advertisement

It has weird hand feel. Like my index fingers are way to far back and it feels uncomfortable like it's stretching the area between my thumb and index finger kinda. Maybe I just have tiny hands tho

A pic of you before you grew the hair :P

trump_small_hands.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,655 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

In regards to bullets not firing - can't comment specifically on Destiny 2 as I managed 3 missions in total before the world conspired against me and put Destiny on a 6 hour maintenance about 90 minutes after me buying it but..

In other FPS games and D1 on PS4 I've had issues with burst fire guns not firing the odd burst, which I was able to solve by switching from triggers (R2/L2) to R1/L1 as shoot/aim.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

yeah I've seen comments that the L1/R1 triggers are better/more responsive than the default ones. Having started there and then PS4 forcing me to go to L2/R2 I'm reluctant to go relearn everything again.

Maintenance extended to 10pm, so effectively all day for Europeans, what a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

AdamD wrote: »
    Maintenance extended to 10pm, so effectively all day for Europeans, what a joke.

****ing ****

Gonna be a bragging dickhead but in my second game on D2 I got 'we ran out of medals'

New meta ftw? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

When inspecting exotic item, you can read the lore of each item by pressing the left trigger (PS4). This will give you the story behind each item - works for armour, not sure about weapons.

^^From SGA thread
    There's meant to be more in game too, with ghost telling you bits and pieces, when he casts his flashing blanket on stuff? The reality for me is me spinning around, backing up, edging left and right to prompt the Investigate scan, then I give up and move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Howya lads

Got a PS4 bundle with Destiny 2. Ive no clue what its about. Some science fiction stuff it seems. Can someone give me a brief discription of what the games about? it seems pretty popular on here but i dont know anyone that plays it. is it mainly online multiplayer?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,643 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

akelly02 wrote: »
    Howya lads

Got a PS4 bundle with Destiny 2. Ive no clue what its about. Some science fiction stuff it seems. Can someone give me a brief discription of what the games about? it seems pretty popular on here but i dont know anyone that plays it. is it mainly online multiplayer?

Thanks

It's basically about hopping around space shooting the feck out of aliens to level up and get yourself better gear. There's more to it than that but that's the gist of it.

It's all online, as in you need a connection to play and you'll see other people running around in the game world, but if multiplayer isn't really your thing you can still play through the main campaign without paying much attention to other players.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

And a discord server I'm on had Americans complaining about how it sucked for them.

• Advertisement

No when you leave the room with the watchers it will shut, you then open and kill the watchers again and a new chest will spawn.

This wasn't working last night, the room to the chest just stayed open :/

This wasn't working last night, the room to the chest just stayed open :/

Well then in that case youll have to go to orbit and start again through the maze.

Well then in that case youll have to go to orbit and start again through the maze.

F**k. That. Noise

Talk about an arbitrary way of adding more play time.

Every time I've done the raid on my alt so far, about 2 of the 3 keys have been the same/dupes.

So if I were to run the Raid on 3 chars, to get all my rewards they expect me to run the Belly of the Beast 3 times?

That's honestly a disgusting and shameful design choice

• Registered Users Posts: 45,954 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

The more I play D2, the more that statement applies.

As I have seen others mention (maybe here).

Destiny 2 looks like a sequel to Vanilla Destiny, not Age of Triumphs Destiny. So many missteps and poor choices.

Whats the bets the DLC rights a lot of these wrongs, that never should have been wrong in the first place. And I will still love it....:mad:

I'm ok with the game as a foundation, not so much as a finished product. Which would normally be galling given the full AAA price tag, but tbh even the core gameplay loop to get to 265 would be comparatively worth the money when you compare it to a lot of AAA releases in terms of time spent and enjoyment with some obvious exceptions like GTA/The Witcher et-al

It just means I can f€ck off to play X-Com 2 WotC, Shadow of War (when it's cheap or 2nd hand), South Park tFBH, RDR2 and of course mop up that backlog of TLOU, DOOM, HZD etc. It's actually kind of relieving compared to January 2015 when you'd be running 6 Raids, 3 NFs and a bunch of other stuff a week.

Thank God the end-game in Tricky Towers is still solid

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

F**k. That. Noise

Talk about an arbitrary way of adding more play time.

Every time I've done the raid on my alt so far, about 2 of the 3 keys have been the same/dupes.

So if I were to run the Raid on 3 chars, to get all my rewards they expect me to run the Belly of the Beast 3 times?

The first night we were raiding I just thought they had decided not to have checkpoints this time. While it's not quite that bad the way it's designed is an absolute pain in the hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,954 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Nightfall is Pyramidian

Modifiers.

Timewarp - Zero Hour: No way to extend the time of the run, base time is upped to 22mins.
    Torrent - Basically Daybreak from my reading of it - all class abilities recharge faster.

Could be a good one this week. Tether, Hammers (or striker titan pulse grenades?) and Dawnblade for massively quick boss DPS?

Anyone got a brief synopsis of how I get the Mida Multi Tool?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

Anyone got a brief synopsis of how I get the Mida Multi Tool?

its an exotic quest in the EDZ I think? could be wrong though, indicator on the map is a blue banner with a crown on it. think its just beside the church.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

It's basically about hopping around space shooting the feck out of aliens to level up and get yourself better gear. There's more to it than that but that's the gist of it.

It's all online, as in you need a connection to play and you'll see other people running around in the game world, but if multiplayer isn't really your thing you can still play through the main campaign without paying much attention to other players.

Cheers for that man. Might give it a go.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement