Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

Yeah, NF was not nearly as bad as last week. Although my rewards were not great. I am now 270 and I've hit a wall is the raid the only way to get from 270 to 300? I'm late to the game and struggling to understand how to level up now. I tried raid LFGs but as you know, it's the usual, "Must be 300", "must have raid emblem", "must have 250 completions" yada yada yada!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yeah, NF was not nearly as bad as last week. Although my rewards were not great. I am now 270 and I've hit a wall is the raid the only way to get from 270 to 300? I'm late to the game and struggling to understand how to level up now. I tried raid LFGs but as you know, it's the usual, "Must be 300", "must have raid emblem", "must have 250 completions" yada yada yada!

You'll get there from Nightfall, Flashpoint, Call to arms and clan engrams too. Also you don't need to be 300 for the raid at all, 280 is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

skerry wrote: »
    Got the Ghost Primus Raid Auto Rifle from a Clan Engram last night. Haven't tried it yet but looks sweet.

It's a f**king amazing gun imho

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Mickeroo wrote: »
    You'll get there from Nightfall, Flashpoint, Call to arms and clan engrams too. Also you don't need to be 300 for the raid at all, 280 is fine.

Indeed, despite the usual lfg bs.

I once got asked what level my PSN account was on LFG..... you know that number thats based off how many trophies you have across all games?
    Yeah, that. It wasn't a typo he was 100% serious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,954 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Mickeroo wrote: »
    One of the fellas in our group last night was 271 starting the raid and we completed each encounter up to Calus on the first try.

Calus took a few more goes but I don't think the 271 light guy was the problem on any of the wipes. We had a few where I missed a psion inside or got bounced off the side of the map for example.

That said, i think the rest of the players were 290 and up, and have done the raid a few times - so we know our roles and how to do things - and Generic is quite happy to talk AT LENGTH at what needs to be done before we go do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

I once got asked what level my PSN account was on LFG..... you know that number thats based off how many trophies you have across all games?
    Yeah, that. It wasn't a typo he was 100% serious.

I'm curious, what was an acceptable number?

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

That said, i think the rest of the players were 290 and up, and have done the raid a few times - so we know our roles and how to do things - and Generic is quite happy to talk AT LENGTH at what needs to be done before we go do it!

Has Calus upped the stakes yet? :D

nevelator wrote: »

"I think my platform is glitched"

"RAID MECHANICS BOYO! THE STAKES ARE UPPED!".

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I really need to do the Raid. My "clan" is small and getting 6 together is tough. I'm wondering should I try the guided raid, if that's possible.

• Advertisement

Grayditch wrote: »
    I really need to do the Raid. My "clan" is small and getting 6 together is tough. I'm wondering should I try the guided raid, if that's possible.

I think the wait times for it (Guided Games) are horrible.

and Generic is quite happy to talk AT LENGTH at what needs to be done before we go do it!

We got the 1st 3 sections done 1st time. And i'd say Calus on the 4th or 5th run, so my long-windedness came good in the end :P
    I'm curious, what was an acceptable number?

I was too taken aback to actually get into it.

I had a LOT of Fun with that whole discussion, as I'm sure was pretty clear :pac:
    "I think my platform is glitched"

"RAID MECHANICS BOYO! THE STAKES ARE UPPED!".

ARE YOU FULLY EXPERIENCING DESTINY 2's FIRST RAID DAVE?!?!? IT'S LIKE ORYX BUT MORE COMPLEX. ARE YOU PREPARED?!?!?

:pac:

I think the wait times for it (Guided Games) are horrible.

You should see the wait time for the lads I play with... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

skerry wrote: »
    Got the Ghost Primus Raid Auto Rifle from a Clan Engram last night. Haven't tried it yet but looks sweet.

It's a f**king amazing gun imho
    Looking forward to trying it out alright. Loving Auto's so far in PVP, was even doing damage the other night with my puny Titan and a green Auto Rifle (Home Again I think, actually feels a bit like Scathelok). Got the Mida last week and think I've used it maybe twice, auto/ sidearm combo is far more craic.

Think I'm finally at the stage now where I can "Sherpa" newbies through with a minimum of fuss after finishing the whole Raid 3 times.

A lot of that is down to content creator stuff like those great maps and some videos though.

Gonna try get my Titan going this week so next week I'll have all 3 classes available to give people a hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Think I'm finally at the stage now where I can "Sherpa" newbies through with a minimum of fuss after finishing the whole Raid 3 times.

A lot of that is down to content creator stuff like those great maps and some videos though.

Gonna try get my Titan going this week so next week I'll have all 3 classes available to give people a hand.

Have a lvl 6 hunter if you want to blast through campaign @ weekend.

Have a lvl 6 hunter if you want to blast through campaign @ weekend.

Yeah, sounds good.
    Will probably do a drunken Raid either Friday or Saturday but will shoot you a message if I see you on when I ain't doing that.
    For now I've a few Milestones/NFs/Exotic Quests to wrap up on my main two characters

Yeah, sounds good.
    Will probably do a drunken Raid either Friday or Saturday but will shoot you a message if I see you on when I ain't doing that.
    For now I've a few Milestones/NFs/Exotic Quests to wrap up on my main two characters

What platform you guys on?
    I only have 1 character at present and was looking to get a Warlock and Hunter setup.

What platform you guys on?
    I only have 1 character at present and was looking to get a Warlock and Hunter setup.

I think most of us here would be PS4 generally
    If you're looking for some of the X-box One guys, they have a thread here with GTs and so forth though
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057548724

It's kinda handy to have Signatures enables on Boards cause we tend to put or PSN IDs or GTs in those for easy friend making

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Grayditch wrote: »
    That nightfall was ok. Grenades for days :)

striker titan with pulse grenades were brilliant. Got it finished at 5.03 just enough for the rat king :D

• Advertisement

syboit wrote: »
    striker titan with pulse grenades were brilliant. Got it finished at 5.03 just enough for the rat king :D

Finished it with 4 second. Not taking advantage of the time exploit for the last one means I doubt I'll get the Rat King any time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Exotic Quests were very hit and miss in Destiny 1

No time to Explain - got it and used it once
    Black Spindle - handy for some raid stuff but wow was it frustrating to get early on
    Khvostov - some of my life wasted getting it
    Sleeper Simulant - this was useful but quite a long quest. Remember something bad around public events and a code
    Thorn - greatest thing ever and then it wasn't
    Boolean Gemini - this just kind of happened. Hardly used it but believe it was actually quite good
    Chaperone - there was a pvp leg in this that I remember being a bit of a chore. The quest was actually better than the reward but some people could use it effectively
    Exotic Swords - these were actually excellent. Jonnycivic did all the heavy lifting and I kind of tagged along
    Touch of Malice - hardly used it. Useful for some Raid stuff at one point

• Registered Users Posts: 12,655 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I'm actually so lazy all I bothered with above were Spindle and Thorn :o

gimli2112 wrote: »

Black Spindle - handy for some raid stuff but wow was it frustrating to get early on
    Sleeper Simulant - this was useful but quite a long quest. Remember something bad around public events and a code
    Boolean Gemini - this just kind of happened. Hardly used it but believe it was actually quite good
    Chaperone - there was a pvp leg in this that I remember being a bit of a chore. The quest was actually better than the reward but some people could use it effectively
    Exotic Swords - these were actually excellent. Jonnycivic did all the heavy lifting and I kind of tagged along

For me, the Outbreak Prime quest was a dog.
    The Chaperone one was also a killer - Never finished it in the end
    Exotic Sword Planetary material part took about a week of my life
    I was lucky with the Thorn quest as it auto completed for me when TTK dropped.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

gimli2112 wrote: »

Oh, the chaperone. Yup a grind to get a win, think in the end I just put it on with 1 min to go when I knew we had a win, +3%. Later on people figured out it could be done during the first sparrow event.

which one needed the 7 headshots in pvp ? I remember finding some-one in lfg to do that with.

NTTE, just loved that whole quest, it was the first time I got to do VOG and absolutely loved it. Think the gun was useful for certain rounds of the new POE stuff, when doing headshots ?

Spindle/sleeper/touch of malice all came into their own in specific parts of Taken King and Wrath raids. Sorry, but I never got it why people wouldn't use the touch, especially for the daughters and oryx.

The Chaperone?
    That was the Jolly Holiday quest right?
    I'm trying to remember how I got that quest step completed.... hmmm... :thinking:

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭roadie_2013

The Chaperone?
    That was the Jolly Holiday quest right?
    I'm trying to remember how I got that quest step completed.... hmmm... :thinking:

Sparrow Racing got me mine I think...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Grayditch wrote:

Why not just run it with us rather than random guided games, throw up a post on the arange a raid thread here on boards, I'm sure any if us free and not already in a group would be happy to run.

I'm finished early tomorow I'd jump in for example

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

305 on the warlock.

Was going to start another class but thought fyck it.

At least now I am not having to do multiple everything so can enjoy the game a bit.

• Advertisement

jcd5971 wrote: »
    Why not just run it with us rather than random guided games, throw up a post on the arange a raid thread here on boards, I'm sure any if us free and not already in a group would be happy to run.

I'm finished early tomorow I'd jump in for example

Deadly, ok.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement