Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

The Chaperone?
    That was the Jolly Holiday quest right?
    I'm trying to remember how I got that quest step completed.... hmmm... :thinking:

I got that fairly quickly after the quest dropped and it was my go to gun in crucible for a long time until the shotgun nerf.

Once I got used to hitting headshots it was extremely satisfying :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,490 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I got that fairly quickly after the quest dropped and it was my go to gun in crucible for a long time until the shotgun nerf.

It was a great gun til they ruined it, like so many others.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

emmetkenny wrote: »

The suros shotguns in D2 are all like the chaperone, very satisfying to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

That NF is madness, think i threw more grenades than i shot bullets out of all my guns.
    A grenade had barely left my hand and another was ready to go again.
    Felt like I was playing BF3

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I love Crucible, but I have to say I absolutely detest Supremacy. I know all about how it's supposed to be more tactical and push for different play styles but I think it's the worst thing about PVP.

I seem to get 3 Supremacys for every Clash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,954 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Grayditch wrote: »
    I love Crucible, but I have to say I absolutely detest Supremacy. I know all about how it's supposed to be more tactical and push for different play styles but I think it's the worst thing about PVP.

I find it grand in a team of 3 or 4 clan mates - cause we are on headsets and things are more focused, but when you have 2 or 3 blueberries more often than not you see them just straight up ignoring the crests - and that is when it becomes horrid.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Grayditch wrote: »

I find it endlessly frustrating, because far too often I seem to wind up on a team that has little to no interest in capturing the tags. The number of times I've either gotten a mutual kill on an opponent, or they've killed me and a team mate finishes them off, only to see a team mate run by and ignoring the tags is absurd. At one point last week I got 3 games of Supremacy in a row, and had to turn off the game because I was just getting too annoyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

I honestly think that quick play is heavily weighted towards Supremacy at the moment. It seems the be the only mode I get for the first couple of games, everytime. And I hate being dropped into an in-progress supremacy match, on a team that was a man down and about 30 crests down. No thanks. Return to Orbit. Search again. Fresh game. Supremacy. FUBungo.

It's a ****show on matchmaking alright. But even with 3 others on headsets, if we're winning and I'm doing well... I'm still not enjoying it. I just don't like it at all.

You can do so many great things in a match that count for nothing. I think I'll stick to competitive to avoid it. Shame because I love clash.

I honestly think that quick play is heavily weighted towards Supremacy at the moment. It seems the be the only mode I get for the first couple of games, everytime.

100%. I get three before I get to play Clash or Control.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

It feels like al the changes the made to D2s PvP make Supremacy far less palatable and playable than it was in D1

The camping, weaker melees, slower overall map transversal, less speedy jump types, lack of CQC, scare ammo etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

It feels like al the changes the made to D2s PvP make Supremacy far less palatable and playable than it was in D1

The camping, weaker melees, slower overall map transversal, less speedy jump types, lack of CQC, scare ammo etc

I think the fact its now 4v4, the maps are bigger and very few offer good cqc along with the camping the game type has been ruined.

bring back running through tunnels with a shotty.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I don't mind supremacy. My kdr suffers however as my mind goes blank when I see a crest and just run at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,655 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I think supremacy is infinitely better than the cluster**** it was in D1 as the pace is slower

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I don't mind supremacy. My kdr suffers however as my mind goes blank when I see a crest and just run at it.
    AdamD wrote: »
    I think supremacy is infinitely better than the cluster**** it was in D1 as the pace is slower

I do not like Supremacy, but, in D2, my dislike for it is a little less than it was in D1. It's a little more palatable as a 4's mode with the slower TTK, but I wish it wasn't as favoured in QP.

Yeah. I think I'd just be ok with it it if it didn't come up so much. I thought I was just being salty at first, but I got pretty decent at it and still don't like the game type.

I knew the Warlocks super reminded me of something.

hocus.jpg

More scheduled maintenance.... Tuesday from 5 to 8....so guess we can say all of Tuesday given recent experience...

Thet need to get far better at patching.

Dammit reset day, the best day of the week.

Pulled an exotic from a public event earlier that decrypted into Titan Boots.
    Automatically reloads smgs when stowed
    Didn't think much of it
    On the way into work it occurred to me I can equip the Antiope and Mini Tool and never have to reload
    Now it's all I think about

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

The thing that annoys me about Supremacy is the fact that my team mates more often than not seem more inclined to run away from a Blue crest than collect it. Its like they don't understand the value of them.

• Advertisement

Dammit reset day, the best day of the week.

Pulled an exotic from a public event earlier that decrypted into Titan Boots.
    Automatically reloads smgs when stowed
    Didn't think much of it
    On the way into work it occurred to me I can equip the Antiope and Mini Tool and never have to reload
    Now it's all I think about
    That is one of the things I like about Exotics in this version - while an SMG reload perk sounds rubbish - if you lean into the perk it can offer a really fun and deadly playstyle. I like that the exotics don't appear to give a massive OP advantage (though the warlock gloves that give health on melee hits seem like that - not tried them) but really allow you to 100% to a certain playstyle and try something else out.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

From the patch notes in the weekly update:
    "Fixed an issue in which clan engrams would grant Trials of the Nine and raid rewards at only 10 Power "

I thought that was a design choice rather than a bug!

nevelator wrote: »
    "Fixed an issue in which clan engrams would grant Trials of the Nine and raid rewards at only 10 Power "

Yeah so did I
    TBH it's been pretty easy to rank up so far and I was more than happy to be getting the gear. Kind of feel guilty I'm getting all this stuff for free

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Yeah so did I
    TBH it's been pretty easy to rank up so far and I was more than happy to be getting the gear. Kind of feel guilty I'm getting all this stuff for free

Do a raid then Gim. No jumping puzzles this time for you to stumble into.

nevelator wrote: »

Hmmm, I thought so too, but when you hover over the engram before collecting it, it shows a PL similar to the Crucible and NF ones. I thought THAT was the bug.

Do a raid then Gim. No jumping puzzles this time for you to stumble into.

The Gauntlet would like a word. This IS Gim after all. ;)

The Gauntlet would like a word. This IS Gim after all. ;)

Not everyone needs to run, all he needs to due is sit down at the start. Should avoid falling into any open manholes that way.

*falls into gap at front of saferoom in the Pleasure Gardens:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

nevelator wrote:

I'm going to grow fat and lazy in a hammock, being showered in those engrams. I'd thank ye but it's too much effort :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

PetKing wrote: »
    I'm going to grow fat and lazy with strength

*drops Power Ammo brick*

• Advertisement

PetKing wrote: »
    I'm going to grow fat and lazy in a hammock, being showered in those engrams. I'd thank ye but it's too much effort :p

mgs2_55_637.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement