Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

nevelator wrote: »
    From the patch notes in the weekly update:
    "Fixed an issue in which clan engrams would grant Trials of the Nine and raid rewards at only 10 Power "

I thought that was a design choice rather than a bug!

I logged in last Sunday morning and the Prosecutor was waiting for me. Felt bad for doing SFA to get it but it's such a PvP beast!

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

Its been posted before no doubt but I saw this elsewhere (here) and there were a few I wasn't aware of so thought it might be useful.

1) The Blight - trigger this by stepping into the shadows of the little blights and then stepping out and firing at the big blight (you'll have a buff for about 4 seconds that allows you to damage the big blight before you'll need to step back into the little blight to re-buff). Do this enough and the big blight will "die" and you'll have a boss to kill.

2) Cabal (the drill) - There will be a ship that flies in, watch for it (usually around 30% and again around 60%). Unload on that thing, destroy it, and trigger the heroic.

3) Cabal...again...
    - For the one with the big extractor where every time you kill a psion, it starts burning you inside the bubble....after each psion dies, watch the extractor for a vent to open. First vents will open at the top (there's one on each of three sides), destroy those (they share damage - destroy one, destroy all). After those are destroyed, vents open in the middle of the extractor, if you destroy those, there will be a single vent randomly opened on a single side of the bottom - destroy this to trigger the heroic. Vents are open briefly at the beginning of the event - you can damage/destroy them at that time too

4) Glimmer extraction
    - At each glimmer extraction site, there will be a smaller thing on the ground that looks a little different from the other mechanical looking things. I like to think of it as the energy source - destroy it. Destroy that at each site to trigger the heroic. Don't stress if you miss one earlier - any not destroyed in earlier sites will be present at the next site

5) Vex Conflux
    - while you're stopping vex from sacrificing themselves, look for the wispy tendrils that are coming out from the conflux, those are leading to three different spots where you can stand in a circle and capture those points. Capture all three as quickly as possible to trigger the heroic. You have to capture all three with about 1:06 remaining to safely trigger heroic

6) Servitor
    - Watch for the baby servitors that feed the big one, kill them quickly to spawn the heroic (there should be one initially, and then three...need to kill all four quickly)

7) Fallen Walker
    - When you bust a leg, the walker spits out orbs, pick them up, put them in the holes on either side of the containment fields that unlock the cannons. Unlock all three containment fields to trigger the heroic.

8) Witch ritual
    - So you know how you have to stand on those circles to be able to hit the witches? Well, after you kill the witches, do the same thing and the little crystals on top of either side of the portal can be shot - destroy them to trigger the heroic.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

The Blight one is so annoying when people join and start killing the taken. Stop it I scream STOP IT!!.... but nobody listens

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

gimli2112 wrote: »
    The Blight one is so annoying when people join and start killing the taken. Stop it I scream STOP IT!!.... but nobody listens
    When I was doing the Ether Extraction one, and there was one of the little generators left to trigger the heroic, some git dived in, blasted their super, killed everything and ended the event without getting the heroic started. To say I was annoyed would put it mildly.

I also find it a particular pain in the arse to get people to do the Vex plates properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

[QUOTE=CDBWhoop;1048241291) The Blight - trigger this by stepping into the shadows of the little blights and then stepping out and firing at the big blight (you'll have a buff for about 4 seconds that allows you to damage the big blight before you'll need to step back into the little blight to re-buff). Do this enough and the big blight will "die" and you'll have a boss to kill.[/QUOTE]

Until today, I have been one of those fuppin eejits killing the little blights. :o I now know what I have been doing wrong and repent all my transgressions and sins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

My clan rewards were only 286 but I was 289 :/

• Registered Users Posts: 45,954 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    My clan rewards were only 286 but I was 289 :/

Which clan rewards? Your stuff for other people doing things or you doing things?

Engrams from others completing activities will drop below your light level. You get a power legendary engram for getting your own weekly contribution done though, i believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

That reply can be read in a variety of tones :D

Which clan rewards? Your stuff for other people doing things or you doing things?

Engrams from others completing activities will drop below your light level. You get a power legendary engram for getting your own weekly contribution done though, i believe.

Yeah.

Have they? I could of sworn mine were always higher until today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

gimli2112 wrote: »

Was doing that myself last week. I thought you had to kill those smaller blights, probably 5 other lads around the world shouting the same thing at me :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

After levelling up the Hunter I'm not sure I can go back to the Titan. Hunter is just so much fun.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Got my Rat King tonight, NF was a much nicer prospect this week for it. Nade spam was kind of hilarious at times. Did the prestige NF too, so can get up to 301 LL now.

My brother picked up the Pro and Destiny bundle today, he’s no interest in Destiny. He’s already traded the game in but if anyone here hasn’t got the Expansion Pass yet and would like it he’ll sell it for €25. PM If your interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Ishtar Commander had been updated for Destiny 2 now, for anyone that uses it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

When do we find out who has won the faction thingy? Is there a way of tracking it or will bungie just tell us when it's over?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    When do we find out who has won the faction thingy? Is there a way of tracking it or will bungie just tell us when it's over?

After reset. Bungie will show the stats in next weeks Bungie update.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

PetKing wrote: »
    Ishtar Commander had been updated for Destiny 2 now, for anyone that uses it.

Updated on the sly. Clever, clever creature.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

How do I know where the weekly flashpoints are. I thought it was supposed to be in my milestones tab? Have finished the game and am at 20. Do I have to speak to cayde every week to open it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

How do I know where the weekly flashpoints are. I thought it was supposed to be in my milestones tab? Have finished the game and am at 20. Do I have to speak to cayde every week to open it

You have to complete the mission to reopen the patrols, then return to Cayde before you can access the flashpoints.

I see a lot of stress
    relax
    take it easy
    hum

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Have you done Caydes patrol mission in the EDZ?

Saw a video earlier testing a 265 AR v a 289 AR and a difference of 3 in the light level. Apart from the Raid where it was marginal there was no difference in damage. You'd wonder why we bother. That said I did find myself playing PvP last night for no reason.

Took 6.5 hours to get my Titan through the campaign, 1 hour later he was 290 and that was without doing anything for Powerful Gear.
    The game is wasting considerably less of my time than it's predecessor thankfully, aside from the grind from lvl12 -> lvl15 :/

yeah there seems to be two points were you can't progress in the game due to level. I now know just to do a couple of heroic events but at the time it was annoying.
    My alts always seems to be higher than my main which I fixed this weekend by running a NF with the master race

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

Took 6.5 hours to get my Titan through the campaign, 1 hour later he was 290 and that was without doing anything for Powerful Gear.
    The game is wasting considerably less of my time than it's predecessor thankfully, aside from the grind from lvl12 -> lvl15 :/

just about finished the campaign on my first alt, think I have 2-3 missions left, already level 20 I ran public events with wonda for about an hour and went from lvl 8 - 12 or 13 pretty handy which means I was able to blast through the story and not have to stop to level.

SeanHarty wrote: »
    just about finished the campaign on my first alt, think I have 2-3 missions left, already level 20 I ran public events with wonda for about an hour and went from lvl 8 - 12 or 13 pretty handy which means I was able to blast through the story and not have to stop to level.

Also, once you complete the story and do a victory lap of the tower it jumps you straight to level 20. I think I was level 17 or so at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Also, once you complete the story and do a victory lap of the tower it jumps you straight to level 20. I think I was level 17 or so at the time.

This is very handy indeed. Just do the bare minimum required to complete the main campaign, and not worry about anything else. I cleared all missions and adventures on each planet first play through, but for the Lock, just did minimum required, and slowly doing same for Hunter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

yep I knew that alright, handy bit of advice for people who don't already know it though!

just wanted to few levels so I could blast the story, finding the hunter very weak compared to the titan, in terms of taking hits, I know that's to be expected but I feel the difference is bigger in D2 than it was in D1.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Took 6.5 hours to get my Titan through the campaign, 1 hour later he was 290 and that was without doing anything for Powerful Gear. The game is wasting considerably less of my time than it's predecessor thankfully, aside from the grind from lvl12 -> lvl15 :/

Thankfully you added the part about the grind there to 15. Thought it was just me. My warlock struggled through the campaign last night. Hitting 15, I could equip legendaries and a few bits and it bumped me nicely.

• Advertisement

Apart from the odd mishap like a Warsat falling on me or Raid jump puzzles I hardly died at all in D1 compared to this one. Constantly getting killed in Public Events and even bog standard strikes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement