Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

PS4 OS 5.0 update now available. No mention of Improved notifications on Communities.

Friends List can now be separated into individual lists by game.

Well is there anywhere that Sony announce the changes for communites etc or will they just be in the update patch notes etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Well is there anywhere that Sony announce the changes for communites etc or will they just be in the update patch notes etc?

If there are any updates, they'd be in the patch notes. Nothing of real importance in the current update, only this:
    The friends and communities area has seen some upgrades in 5.00, too. You’re now able to assign friends to custom lists, and follow any account regardless of whether or not they’re verified.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Pretty inconvenient time to shut down the servers, but I guess that's a thing.

Grayditch wrote: »
    Pretty inconvenient time to shut down the servers, but I guess that's a thing.

Inconvenient for Europe, but considering their servers are in Las Vegas, it's only 9:30 in the morning, so perfect for them considering it's office hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Inconvenient for Europe, but considering their servers are in Las Vegas, it's only 9:30 in the morning, so perfect for them considering it's office hours.

A lot of server maintenance would take place outside of normal working hours though, would it not?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

When do we find out who won the Faction Rally?
    I wan't my FWC gun!

Also the Philomath gear is MUCH nicer than the NM gear - I feel deceived.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I've a Titan with DO and a Hunter with FWC.

I'm expecting a late win for New Monarchy, so ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭ginger_hammer

I read that FWC was the only faction without the 30 engram limit for some reason, so the farmers went to town on it and so would expect a FWC win.

The missus is out all night so I expect maintenance to run twice as long tonight...

• Registered Users Posts: 45,954 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

FWC might win due to the engram glitch, only FWC gives gear after 30 faction packages.

29 handcannons not enough? KEEP ROLLING FOR MORE!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Is it only server maintenance tonight? No word on a fix for that bug that makes raid keys vanish?

• Advertisement

dudeeile wrote: »
    A lot of server maintenance would take place outside of normal working hours though, would it not?

Weekends? When the US playerbase would be more prominent? After 5? Primetime for US playerbase? US working hour maintenance minimises the impact on the local playerbase. I've no real problem with it.

Is it only server maintenance tonight? No word on a fix for that bug that makes raid keys vanish?

there are a few bug fixes coming.

This is what they said on the last TWAB:
    • Fixed an issue in which players could lose access to the Veteran’s Transmat Effect by deleting characters
    • Fixed an issue in which clan engrams would grant Trials of the Nine and raid rewards at only 10 Power
    • Fixed an issue in which progress for the Exotic Quest Step "His Highness's Seal" was not incrementing properly
    • Quest progress will still increment by 1, but the Quest Step now only requires 10 Seals to be collected
    • Fixed an issue in which raid milestones would not show for some players after the weekly reset (This didn’t affect any raid rewards)
    • Fixed issues in which players could enter a state where they are continuously killed or unable to resurrect if encounter complete and failure events occurred simultaneously

Weekends? When the US playerbase would be more prominent? After 5? Primetime for US playerbase? US working hour maintenance minimises the impact on the local playerbase. I've no real problem with it.

Early morning US time. Say 6am Seattle:

2pm UK/Ireland.
    3pm for a lot of Europe.
    8am US East Coast.
    11pm Japan
    Midnight I think in Australia.

I don't understand why they can't cycle the maintentiance - so it isn't ALWAYS EVERY WEEK the eurpoean base who getting knocked off line in the most convenient playing time.

I agree it could be done better. Blizzard stagger their maintenance windows per region for WoW, or at least they used to. I think their EU servers are here in Ireland though, so makes it a little easier to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Dont have a problem with a 4-6hr maintenance, but I do every ****ing week!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

There is a patch after maintenance completes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Don't think so: https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/46358

• Registered Users Posts: 12,655 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Did the raid for the first time tonight, wasn't overly fond of it, very mechanical. Lacked spectacular moments too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

wexdevil wrote: »
    So I'm only 1 point off 305, damn gauntlets holding me back(they're 304)

I'm a step behind. All my characters need one item for 300 engrams to start dropping. In time this will resolve itself but right now the anguish is real.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

120 Hours, a few Calus kills and 3x Characters 300+ and I think I've gotten my monies worth now.

Gonna start weaning off the game now and just play 2-3 times a week as I've "done" everything now and cannot be bothered trying to go from 304.9 -> 305

Will be on the odd evening to give a hand with the Raid or play a bit of PvP (might give Trials a bigger focus).

Have too many good games in my backlog to drive my head repeatedly into the wall for the Vanilla D2 experience.

Edit: Forgot I need to do my Sunbreakers Quest step and then I've platinumed the game too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Gonna start weaning off the game now and just play 2-3 times a week as I've "done" everything now and cannot be bothered trying to go from 304.9 -> 305

Datto put out a video about the lack of grind at the end, saying the game is a bit more casual. Last time around by this stage, you were probably still level ~27 surely? Funny that there's almost an "end" (temp) to the end game content.

Yeah I don't see the draw when you are more or less max light level. I still see myself doing the weekly reset stuff until I get to 305 but really selectively. The PS Plus games have been pretty good recently. Downloaded MG5 yesterday which I hope I like.
    Put on TLOU this weekend first time on the Pro and it looks a fair bit better so I see myself running through that again.
    I would buy a shedload from the PSN store only their pricing is so fecked up. Still see myself getting games I want on release digitally though TLOU2 / Wolfenstein 2. I feel I've posted this before or maybe I just thought of it and never posted.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I haven't played it since i got the last achievement I needed just over a week ago. Time wasted on destiny says I clocked up 89 hours, which is a decent amount for any game but for some reason I still feel a bit short changed by it tbh. The end game is pretty shallow compared to post TTK D1 and even vanilla D1 held my interest for a lot longer than this. See absolutely no reason to try and get my main character from 300 to 305.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

PetKing wrote: »
    Datto put out a video about the lack of grind at the end, saying the game is a bit more casual. Last time around by this stage, you were probably still level ~27 surely? Funny that there's almost an "end" (temp) to the end game content.

I think that video was a bit "early" he focused on the 2% who had done a Prestige mode NF, that's now closer to 6% on Playstation.

I think around this time, I'd have been Forever 29 (Hard Mode VoG dropped late September) and with nothing to do to progress that weekly bar Hard Mode VoG and hope for certain Exotic armour from the NF

I'm happy with what I go out of the game so far and will do the seasonal/monthly stuff and content drops etc (Prestige Raid) but I'm glad to feel free enough to stop no-lifing this entry like I was at periods in D1

I have no complaints with the game either. I was off work and practically mainlined it into me. Ridiculous hours over a very short period. Can hardly complain now that I'm feeling a little burned out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,655 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Quite happy with the game in general, far less grinding to get to the more enjoyable activities (raid/pvp/trials) and no random rolls is great. Got a good PvP loadout quick enough. Feel like you can play a couple of times a week without falling behind which is nice as I wouldn't have the time to do that anymore. D1 suited me at the time and D2 is suiting me now. Can see why people would be disappointed though.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

AdamD wrote: »
    Quite happy with the game in general, far less grinding to get to the more enjoyable activities (raid/pvp/trials) and no random rolls is great. Got a good PvP loadout quick enough. Feel like you can play a couple of times a week without falling behind which is nice as I wouldn't have the time to do that anymore. D1 suited me at the time and D2 is suiting me now. Can see why people would be disappointed though.

That's a good point in fairness, it is nice rbeing able to log on for two hours on Tuesday (if the servers are up :pac:) and just do a few milestones rather than having to grind all week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Mickeroo wrote: »
    That's a good point in fairness, it is nice rbeing able to log on for two hours on Tuesday (if the servers are up :pac:) and just do a few milestones rather than having to grind all week.

2 hours! Few milestones! Only 1 character Mick yeah?

2 hours! Few milestones! Only 1 character Mick yeah?

Haha no I have three, one at 300 and two circa 280 but not arsed doing them on the others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Haha no I have three, one at 300 and two circa 280 but not arsed doing them on the others.

I must be doing something seriously wrong!! I'm 282 on my main and going nowhere fast. My "Powerful" legendary engrams are decrypting below by current gear light!!

I have gone up on 2 light points in the past 8 days.

Maybe I'll just throw in the towel too!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement