Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

I usually knock out the flashpoint on the tuesday morning, leave the rest until I can play again on the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

wexdevil wrote: »
    I usually knock out the flashpoint on the tuesday morning, leave the rest until I can play again on the weekend.

that's not what I knock out in the mornings!!! :D

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I must be doing something seriously wrong!! I'm 282 on my main and going nowhere fast. My "Powerful" legendary engrams are decrypting below by current gear light!!

I have gone up on 2 light points in the past 8 days.

Maybe I'll just throw in the towel too!

Do you have two characters the same subclass? Someone mentioned to me there's some kind of nerf to prevent you pwer levelling if you do (don't know if it's actually true). I've never seen a powerful engram drop below my light level.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

SeanHarty wrote: »
    that's not what I knock out in the mornings!!! :D

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Did you actually google what I think you googled to get that gif?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Do you have two characters the same subclass? Someone mentioned to me there's some kind of nerf to prevent you pwer levelling if you do (don't know if it's actually true). I've never seen a powerful engram drop below my light level.

My main is a Titan and 2nd in a Warlock - Haven't started my Hunter just yet!

Simply Google "Donald Trump ponders election win"

I refuse to answer that question, as it may be harmful to my defence.

Giphy.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Or worse, he might have had it handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

dudeeile wrote: »
    Blank+_43eae8abcce0b2655896d538f0e20015.jpg

• Advertisement

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

PetKing wrote: »
    Datto put out a video about the lack of grind at the end, saying the game is a bit more casual. Last time around by this stage, you were probably still level ~27 surely? Funny that there's almost an "end" (temp) to the end game content.
    gimli2112 wrote: »
    Yeah I don't see the draw when you are more or less max light level. I still see myself doing the weekly reset stuff until I get to 305 but really selectively. The PS Plus games have been pretty good recently. Downloaded MG5 yesterday which I hope I like.
    Put on TLOU this weekend first time on the Pro and it looks a fair bit better so I see myself running through that again.
    I would buy a shedload from the PSN store only their pricing is so fecked up. Still see myself getting games I want on release digitally though TLOU2 / Wolfenstein 2. I feel I've posted this before or maybe I just thought of it and never posted.
    Mickeroo wrote: »
    I haven't played it since i got the last achievement I needed just over a week ago. Time wasted on destiny says I clocked up 89 hours, which is a decent amount for any game but for some reason I still feel a bit short changed by it tbh. The end game is pretty shallow compared to post TTK D1 and even vanilla D1 held my interest for a lot longer than this. See absolutely no reason to try and get my main character from 300 to 305.

I miss some of the grindy stuff, but certainly not the 60 motes of light and 50 acensdant shards or whatever they were to upgrade the likes of vog gear. Some-one mentioned me yesterday transfer over all your best guns when doing other characters, but to be honest I'll get there all the same. All 3 characters nearly 300, its not like it makes any difference anyways.

Will have to wait and see if any further improvements come along, strike loot, exotic time-gates etc etc, but something deffo seems missing right now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

giphy.gif

If your computer ever had to be forensically analysed the poor fecker would never recover haha

jonnycivic wrote: »
    If your computer ever had to be forensically analysed the poor fecker would never recover haha

his google search history is a dark, DARK place.

wooo.. the long wait is over.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/7452ze/xbox_guardians_heres_what_you_can_now_obtain_in/?st=j8e84pjd&sh=e84016c5

Did the 2 quests last night, well done in 30 mins. Ps4 lads didnt get much there, but would have liked to have gotten some of the guns/armour when it was still relevant.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Fecking hell, I'd forgotten that exclusivity was still going. Crazy it only ended now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

syboit wrote: »
    wooo.. the long wait is over.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/7452ze/xbox_guardians_heres_what_you_can_now_obtain_in/?st=j8e84pjd&sh=e84016c5

Did the 2 quests last night, well done in 30 mins. Ps4 lads didnt get much there, but would have liked to have gotten some of the guns/armour when it was still relevant.

Hope you manage to nab both the guns, both excellent fun to use in PvP.

Hope you manage to nab both the guns, both excellent fun to use in PvP.

Nope, did manage a primary exotic but it turned into a no land. Surely they could have just turned around and unlocked it for everyone or let one of the vendors sell all the missing gear.
    What harm, hopefully the D2 stuff won't be long. Does ps4 still have sublime engrams for the exclusive gear ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

You have to earn your Jade Rabbit

• Registered Users Posts: 45,954 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I actually think they should bring Jade Rabbit and Zen Meteor back for D2, let the xbox players play with them in a relevant game. I don't think either would upset the balance in the game either. both would fit quite well.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I loved the look of the Zen Meteor, I only wish I was better at sniping :pac:

You have to earn your Jade Rabbit

Meh, nothing replaces my imago or red spectre. However after 3 years of wearing pandion type1, the Jovian guard helmet has displaced it.

I logged into D1 last night and to be honest, it looked and felt like D2 had never dropped at all. No wait times for strikes. Tower was full. It was a blast! D1 has and will always hold a special place in my heart and I have a feeling that once D2 is dead and buried, I will still be playing D1

Saying that.... PLEASE BUNGIE... Do not ever turn off the D1 servers!!

I logged into D1 last night and to be honest, it looked and felt like D2 had never dropped at all. No wait times for strikes. Tower was full. It was a blast! D1 has and will always hold a special place in my heart and I have a feeling that once D2 is dead and buried, I will still be playing D1

Saying that.... PLEASE BUNGIE... Do not ever turn off the D1 servers!!

id LOVE to see the login stats for D1 and D2 now a few weeks in... I think it would be surprising...

I don't have a massive want to play D2 as I did we D1, if I login on a Tuesday and Wednesday night and got a few bits done I'm happy enough.

but then I start to question why bother doing these few bits to get better gear? I'm over 290 now and I haven't been arsed to even try the raid yet and the new NF mechanics have made them so un-enjoyable I don't know if ill bother with them anymore TBH....

thank god Final Fantasy 9 has been re-released...

• Registered Users Posts: 45,954 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

PVP is what kept me hooked in D1.

I find PvP in D2 less enjoyable and I don't feel any desire to play solo, like I did most of the time in D1.

Hopefully Iron Banner makes a return.

I do certainly think Bungie need to get 6 man teams back into PVP. I don't think the maps are so small that it wouldn't work. We played on similar size maps in D1 I feel.

I think they have made one or two ... missteps in D2. The Raid, in and of itself, is fine. Good encounters. The underbelly? While I will give credit and commend them for the work they put into it, and it being a way of replacing the old checkpoint system (which didn't need replacing or fixing), it's a bit meh in relation to having to go there to get rewards for each encounter. It breaks the immersion a little bit of the raid.

Perma Juggler is another one. Out in the wilds of patrol, it's not too much of an issue, but in strikes and raid, there shouldn't be a mechanic in play where you are low or empty on ammo. Don't remove it completely, but tweak it a little.

Vault's & Kiosks need a permanent sorting option, the same with our inventory for shaders and mods.

With how they've reworked rewards and faction leveling, Crucible could do with a slight increase to token drops, as it's lagging behind the others a bit. Would also like a return to Strike specific gear. Not full sets of armour or weapons, but 1 unique piece of armour and a unique weapon per strike would be nice. Something to grind for. Unique fixed perks that can't be got elsewhere. Bring back heroic strikes too.

Infusion could do with a slight fix. Instead of limiting it to the same archetype (AR into AR), maybe they could change it to same slot only. Kinetic into Kinetic, Energy to Energy.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Did they patch the faction levelling. Ikora and Zavahla were so brutal I haven't gone near them in weeks. He still has a scout rifle I'd like

Reddit
    Ready for no enemies in the throne room?

When everyone spawns in you start the encounter by shooting the cup. Five people get stomped by Calus and dies. The 6th person kills themselves in the blue flames goblet.

The important part:
    Once the wipe timer shows that 6th person leaves to orbit when 4 seconds is under the skull. This should time that person to leave when the timer reaches 0 and wipes the run.

If it has worked all the doors will be open when the 5 spawn back in. The 6th person joins and then you start as normal. Shoot the goblet amd no enemies will spawn. You'll do the whole encounter with no enemies in the throne room.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Infusion could do with a slight fix. Instead of limiting it to the same archetype (AR into AR), maybe they could change it to same slot only. Kinetic into Kinetic, Energy to Energy.

Here's an odd one. Rather than opening the weapon I want to infuse and seeing what's available, I'd rather open a high powered weapon that is the infusion fuel and, in reverse, see what I can infuse it into.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

This is on par with pulling out the LAN cable in Crota :rolleyes:

EDIT: I'm not gonna bother giving that piece of $hit video anymore air time frankly. It's f**king pathetic :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement