Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I thought my Mida would drop at 305, but I got a 304. Still does the job...

I suppose... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,766 ✭✭✭✭klose

Was certainly a destiny 1 fan, had plenty of gripes with the game but always found myself coming back even after plenty of long spells away. A big part of destiny 1 for me was pvp, it was super solid and fun to play solo. 6v6 madness nothing like a close game going down to last second and it was quite and often occurrence. Raided once with a couple lads from here and it was hands down the most fun I had, strikes were hit and miss but was such a long list of em by destiny 1s end you could kill a good few hours in the strike playlist.

Going from destiny 1 to destiny 2 just feels like such a step backwards. We had a plethora of content whether you liked it or not and now here we are again with a fairly meager amount of content. Sure the campaign had a "cinematic" experience but it never interested me, we lose our powers and an hour later we have them back I mean really?!
    I just can't believe how little they introduced, I appreciate the new planets yes and that's there more to patrols. But we still have the same 3 classes, and only 3 new subclasses, and arcstrider ain't far away from what blade dancer was. I enjoy the new weapons set up although I don't think I've used a sniper or shotgun yet now they are bundled in with rocket and grenade launchers. They've really went from one extreme to the others with exotics too, I'm not even 240 on my titan and I've a heap of exotics already, legendarys easy to get too, I appreciate it's not as much of a grind anymore but exotics really have lost the meaning of the word. And why can't we buy off vendors anymore and it's just another rng loot drop? I've been waiting on a pair of gloves and a helmet for ages, I've chest pieces and boots aplenty though.
    No new enemy types either? And the taken are still knocking about? I didn't follow the buildup to release and knew little about the content before I started playing so not sure if it was public knowledge the taken were returning but I audibly groaned when they first popped up. Fcuk them most annoying enemies by far, I see there is a new enemy type (I assume) teased in the final scene after you beat the campaign, are they popping up in dlc or is this a ludicrously early set up for destiny 3?
    And pvp, where do I start? Talk about a strip back when they should be building on it. 4 v 4? Who asked for that? Keep you tactical team based pvp to trials and what not, but there's no way the general pvp playing public wanted this introduced. It's slow paced, supers take way too long to regenerate I mean you get them once on the last quarter of the game. 2 play lists too, fcuk off. I can see it now in the trailer for the first dlc "YOU ASKED, WE LISTENED 6V6 PVP IS COMING BACK ALONG WITH YOUR FAVOURITE DESTINY ONE GAME TYPES" giving the illusion they are adding new content when it's a simple flick of a switch for them more than likely.
    Destiny honestly feels at times to me like some sort of social experiment to see how little they can release initially and sell the rest in dlc and keep fans loyal. It looks once again I'll continue to have a love hate relationship with this series but at this moment I've no urge to play much more. I've got once character to 240 and feel like ive done the majority of it.
    Lastly, another lame ass character creation screen!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Sure wasn't the European Dead Zone and the Cabal Raid meant to be in the original Destiny 1? It's not surprising me that D2 isn't that much of a step up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,766 ✭✭✭✭klose

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Sure wasn't the European Dead Zone and the Cabal Raid meant to be in the original Destiny 1? It's not surprising me that D2 isn't that much of a step up.

I remember seeing concept art for edz when destiny released. Very cliche thing to say but it feels like destiny 1.5, it's just dlc to me.

Also can anyone tell me was there any dialogue or anything about the new tower? I just remember bearing the campaign and then I spawned into the new tower out of nowhere?.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,953 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Anyone think we might get some destiny changes when the PC version launches?

1. They may have held back some time gated content (Black Spindle type stuff) for after PC released.
    2. They are starting to talk about seasons... I wonder if seasons will see a change in the perks of weapons - would certainly be a way of refreshing the economy. New season, new weapon versions. I think seasons have to change something in the game economy and not just reset the clan back to zero rank.

PC version launches on the 24th, they are going to be talking about seasons at TwitchCon on the 20th.

We have seen 'static' weapon rolls change on a periodic basis previously (with vendors in D1) - so it wouldn't be an entirely new concept; and I think it would solve some of the playability issues Destiny currently has - a lack loot in their looter shooter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I wouldn't hold my breath tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Anyone think we might get some destiny changes when the PC version launches?

1. They may have held back some time gated content (Black Spindle type stuff) for after PC released.
    2. They are starting to talk about seasons... I wonder if seasons will see a change in the perks of weapons - would certainly be a way of refreshing the economy. New season, new weapon versions. I think seasons have to change something in the game economy and not just reset the clan back to zero rank.

PC version launches on the 24th, they are going to be talking about seasons at TwitchCon on the 20th.

We have seen 'static' weapon rolls change on a periodic basis previously (with vendors in D1) - so it wouldn't be an entirely new concept; and I think it would solve some of the playability issues Destiny currently has - a lack loot in their looter shooter.

Time gated stuff , yes I could see that. As they want to keep something original for the PC crowd. For seaons I reckon it could be very basic changes to the clan rewards, or else we'd just have another lot of moans about 'how I can't get season 1 guns again'

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

syboit wrote: »
    Time gated stuff , yes I could see that. As they want to keep something original for the PC crowd. For seaons I reckon it could be very basic changes to the clan rewards, or else we'd just have another lot of moans about 'how I can't get season 1 guns again'

Yeah the clan change will be LvL 1 this week give you more glimmer instead of LvL 3 etc I would imagine.

Sure when the PC version releases the data mining that will be done will be insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

If they make any changes it will most likely be to guided games. Not enough active helpers and a lot of issues including:

1. There is a language barrier for many non English speaking players. They need a language option especially when...
    2. Average wait time is over 1 hour. While waiting, you are sitting in orbit and cannot even go on patrol. Not much fun.
    3. There is no minimum requirement to be a helper. i.e. you do not have to have even started the Raid in order to be a helper - Kind of defeats the purpose.
    4. There is no incentive for helping players via guided games.. Maybe introduce rewards systems to encourage this - Kind of strange that I even have to mention this.

It's ironic that the LFG section of the Bungie forums will knock out a fireteam in 2 mins and guided games which was meant to be a game changer is backwards, clunky and ineffective.

Saying that, I think this will be the big fix for PC launch.

Prestiege Raid has some issue that Bungie need to fix so it has been delayed until next week.

Not to say that isn't a poor show from Bungie.... but I couldn't understand why they were putting it out tomorrow (per schedule), the same week as the first run of Iron Banner in Destiny 2. Should have been one or the other, and now that is what we have.

• Advertisement

If they make any changes it will most likely be to guided games. Not enough active helpers and a lot of issues including:

1. There is a language barrier for many non English speaking players. They need a language option especially when...
    2. Average wait time is over 1 hour. While waiting, you are sitting in orbit and cannot even go on patrol. Not much fun.
    3. There is no minimum requirement to be a helper. i.e. you do not have to have even started the Raid in order to be a helper - Kind of defeats the purpose.
    4. There is no incentive for helping players via guided games.. Maybe introduce rewards systems to encourage this - Kind of strange that I even have to mention this.

It's ironic that the LFG section of the Bungie forums will knock out a fireteam in 2 mins and guided games which was meant to be a game changer is backwards, clunky and ineffective.

Saying that, I think this will be the big fix for PC launch.

You add a minimum requirement to be a guide (and i'm not arguing there shouldn't be) then you decrease the amount of guides, and it is clearly already a problem.

They certainly need to make it so that you can run patrols while waiting for a spot. being stuck in a match-making screen for an hour is INSANE.

I also think it shouldn't be seen as a clan recruitment tool (though it would be good for that). Clans 1 and 2 are full as far as I know, and that means that no one in Clan 1 or 2 can take part in guided games (certainly not as a guide) which I think is a poor decision. I do think we should sherpa or run with people in the clan as much as possible but sometimes even with our numbers we could still use GG at times - which would benefit both us and the seekers.

Along with that.... there needs to be a reward for being guides (and completing the activity). Some quality loot or something.

I think GG is a decent idea, but I just think the execution is a bit off - and I'm not sure if they can really fix it. They don't want to go full LFG and have 6 randoms match up, they clearly want some central point of communication, but there are.... issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Prestiege Raid has some issue that Bungie need to fix so it has been delayed until next week.

Not to say that isn't a poor show from Bungie.... but I couldn't understand why they were putting it out tomorrow (per schedule), the same week as the first run of Iron Banner in Destiny 2. Should have been one or the other, and now that is what we have.

Not an issue with the prestige raid, delayed to patch the Calus exploit.

Not an issue with the prestige raid, delayed to patch the Calus exploit.

that the wipe/orbit thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

that the wipe/orbit thing?

Yeah, the exploit that causes the mobs not to spawn during the Calus encounter.

Destiny 1map Shores of Time returning in d2 today. In iron banner first, on all play lists after IB ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Destiny 1map Shores of Time returning in d2 today. In iron banner first, on all play lists after IB ends.

Always liked that map, some of the original ones (not Bastion) were actually quite good. I found in COD the maps I liked the most were the DLC ones from previous games. Nostalgia's a curse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Knave calls it Distant Shores on the IB thread. Is it a new map or the old one with a new name?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

PetKing wrote: »
    Knave calls it Distant Shores on the IB thread. Is it a new map or the old one with a new name?

Its a remake of the old one with a new name from what I can see.

https://dotesports.com/general/destiny-2-shores-of-time-remake-map-pvp-17913

Shores of Time was, imo, a good 6vs6 size map.

I wonder if it will have been made smaller - or is it a map in d2 that could support a 6vs6 playlist a little further down the road.

Would love to see quickplay go 6vs6, comp could remain 4vs4 so it isn't a total sea change of game design - with the introduction of seasons soon it could be that comp becomes a somewhat ranked 4vs4 playlist.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

PetKing wrote: »

Was on mobile when I saw the tweet, so never really paid too much attention to the pics attached.
    jonnycivic wrote: »
    Its a remake of the old one with a new name from what I can see.

https://dotesports.com/general/destiny-2-shores-of-time-remake-map-pvp-17913

Inspired by Shores of Time. Although, after looking at the pics, "Inspired" seems to mean something different. They look almost identical.

• Advertisement

Was on mobile when I saw the tweet, so never really paid too much attention to the pics attached.

Inspired by Shores of Time. Although, after looking at the pics, "Inspired" seems to mean something different. They look almost identical.

A, B and C points could have the same design, but the sapce between them could have been shortened or changed up to match up with 4vs4 and the different movement/balance of D2.

We'll know in an hour I suppose.

Without my beautiful, trusty, almost broken, Jade Rabbit destroying those sight-lines it ain't gonna feel the same though.

there was a space on the right running from C to B that Snipers used to sit on. I don't think I've ever been over there.

Got my Titan to 305 last night. Will now be gaming for more armor options on them.

Gonna wait until the gunsmith is giving 300 level weapons and cash in on him to try build up my 305 weapons - and also build up my mod stack at the same time. Have zero freaking Titan arc or decent weapon mods for armor. ALL Solar and Void class stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,654 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Hopefully it has changed because it wasn't a balanced control map at all

Got my Titan to 305 last night. Will now be gaming for more armor options on them.

Gonna wait until the gunsmith is giving 300 level weapons and cash in on him to try build up my 305 weapons - and also build up my mod stack at the same time. Have zero freaking Titan arc or decent weapon mods for armor. ALL Solar and Void class stuff.

Is he not dropping 300 now? If you're 305 you're 300 LL with mods and I would have thought everything drops @ 300

AdamD wrote: »

Oh the anger when you spawned at C and some blueberries thought capping A was the way to go. STOP DOING THAT! WE HAVE THE GAME WON BY DEFAULT IF WE JUST STAY HERE!

Reducing the number of players, and speeding up the zone capture could make a huge difference though, won't be as easy to protect both B and C, I reckon we'll see a lot more rotation just based on the general changes to PvP, rather than any possible changes to the map.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,654 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Is he not dropping 300 now? If you're 305 you're 300 LL with mods and I would have thought everything drops @ 300

Nope. The can drop between 296 and 300 even after getting to a base 300 light.

But the vendors have a Light Level rotation of 30mins, so if a vendor is giving out 300 engrams to eligible guardians they will do so for 30mins. If they aren't giving 300 Engrams you won't get a 300 engram no matter how many faction ranks you put in.

Last night when I hit 305, I knew EDZ guy was giving 300's, so I got 5 off him.

I was looking at this last Friday. I checked every planetary vendor before going to work and they were dropping 294 on my true LL 299 character. Bought an engram with each and left it there. They were all still 294 later that evening and I didn't notice any change from 294 over the weekend
    The powerful engrams do now seem to be dropping at 300

• Advertisement

Nope. The can drop between 296 and 300 even after getting to a base 300 light.

But the vendors have a Light Level rotation of 30mins, so if a vendor is giving out 300 engrams to eligible guardians they will do so for 30mins. If they aren't giving 300 Engrams you won't get a 300 engram no matter how many faction ranks you put in.

Last night when I hit 305, I knew EDZ guy was giving 300's, so I got 5 off him.

Is there away of telling when the vendors are doing 300?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement