Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Got my Titan to 305 last night. Will now be gaming for more armor options on them.

Gonna wait until the gunsmith is giving 300 level weapons and cash in on him to try build up my 305 weapons - and also build up my mod stack at the same time. Have zero freaking Titan arc or decent weapon mods for armor. ALL Solar and Void class stuff.

I've sunk so much glimmer into the gunsmith to get mods, the RNG on getting stuff like legendary kinetic damage mods is a pain in the arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Angron wrote: »
    I've sunk so much glimmer into the gunsmith to get mods, the RNG on getting stuff like legendary kinetic damage mods is a pain in the arse.

getting one to drop is better than getting an exotic at this point. I have three and always have to be careful in that screen not to delete them by accident

• Registered Users Posts: 45,953 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Is there away of telling when the vendors are doing 300?

There isn't a definitive way of knowing.

Couple of sites trying to crowd-source the info, but it would be patchey.

http://destiny-vendor-gear-tracker.com/

https://vendorengrams.xyz/

I don't know if the Engrams can change in light level after you rank up. Ie: Rank up so that the engram becomes available but don't collect it - don't know if it will level up when 300 engrams are available or if it would stay at 296 regardless (if it stays at 296 the only way of knowing 300 for sure would be ranking up periodically, which seems horribly inefficient.)

I did read if you buy an engram and wait on the vendor screen until the reset it can change up or down, usually up. It did occur to me if you are that desperate you probably have bigger problems than engrams.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

I have my general PvE armour now with the Devestation Complex set (just missing the mark) with Arc Impact and Paragon mods, and a Kinetic Loader.

I've a full Phoenix Strife set to convert into a PvP loadout, so I'll be borrowing Adams loadout in the PvP thread (1 kinetic stability, 2 energy stability, 1 energy handling and 1 solar recharge. Makes gun fights a lot easier). This will eventually be replaced with the IB gear.

Ultimate goal is to have a full set of each of the main armour sets (Trials may be the only exception). I can then have a fixed set for each activity and subclass.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I have my general PvE armour now with the Devestation Complex set (just missing the mark) with Arc Impact and Paragon mods, and a Kinetic Loader.

I've a full Phoenix Strife set convert into a PvP loadout, so I'll be borrowing Adams loadout in the PvP thread (1 kinetic stability, 2 energy stability, 1 energy handling and 1 solar recharge. Makes gun fights a lot easier). This will eventually be replaced with the IB gear.

Ultimate goal is to have a full set of each of the main armour sets (Trials may be the only exception). I can then have a fixed set for each activity and subclass.

Sure youll get trials gear from the clan engram every week :P

Sure youll get trials gear from the clan engram every week :P

I wish. First week got the Sidearm, this week the HC. No-one went flawless in the intervening weeks. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I wish. First week got the Sidearm, this week the HC. No-one went flawless in the intervening weeks. :rolleyes:

I got the sniper and the auto so far. But dont worry there is plenty of time to get the gear :D

You don't need to go flawless for the clan engram - you need 7 wins.

Myself and Generic got the trails engram for Clan 2 on Sunday night by going 7-1 (thanks to AdamD and Gregor_1)

You don't need to go flawless for the clan engram - you need 7 wins.

Myself and Generic got the trails engram for Clan 2 on Sunday night by going 7-1 (thanks to AdamD and Gregor_1)

Good to know.

No-one got the seven wins then. :D. Tried the HC last night, wasn't overly impressed by it. Better Devils is, well, better.

• Advertisement

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I did read if you buy an engram and wait on the vendor screen until the reset it can change up or down, usually up. It did occur to me if you are that desperate you probably have bigger problems than engrams.

If you have discord, and can set up channels on it - it is possible to get instant notifications to your phone when 300 engrams are available. If vendorengram.xyz is reliable in the first place.

I've set up a channel on my own personal discord app that vendorengrams will auto post to, and then I will get an instant notification to my phone.

Easy to create a Discord server and set it up if people want to make use of it.

Only just set it up so I have zero experience of it actually working. Again, it is going off crowd sourced data, so if it isn't the popular site for this info it won't be of any use.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/75d5gb/get_discord_notifications_when_vendors_sell_300/

Big fan of discord and all the commands that are possible with it.

Good to know.

No-one got the seven wins then. :D. Tried the HC last night, wasn't overly impressed by it. Better Devils is, well, better.

Someone in Clan 1 got the seven wins last week on Sunday as I got the shotgun from it.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Someone in Clan 1 got the seven wins last week on Sunday as I got the shotgun from it.

Clan 1 vs Clan 2

FIGHT!!

Clan 1 vs Clan 2

FIGHT!!

Sure Trials is easy when you shoehorn Adam into your Clan :)

Clan 1 vs Clan 2

FIGHT!!

Adam is Clan 1 isnt he? I would put my money on clan 1 so :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

He's not in either Boards Clan. He's on our friends list.

He's not in either Boards Clan. He's on our friends list.

Its OK we are recruiting him for clan 1 so :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,654 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I'm just a blow in

Failsafe on nessus selling 300 engrams for next 28 mins, if you are vase level 300 now.

• Advertisement

Failsafe on nessus selling 300 engrams for next 28 mins, if you are vase level 300 now.

Nnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooooooooo i only wrapped up a few mins ago :(

Nnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooooooooo i only wrapped up a few mins ago :(

giphy.gif

Devrim Kay in the EDZ is dropping 300PL gear for the next 14m 19s

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

me and a buddy are thinking of getting this on pc at release. Good game? Many micro-transactions or p2w bs?

you probably won't get an unbiased review on here. It is a good game imo. Supposed to run great on PC. Micro transactions are all cosmetic so you only buy them if yer that way inclined.

me and a buddy are thinking of getting this on pc at release. Good game? Many micro-transactions or p2w bs?

MT's? Yes. P2W bull****tery? Nope.

Mt's are for an Engram called a Bright Engram. These are earned in game at one per level above cap of level 20. For the most part you'll only get shaders / ships / speeders / mods. Low chance drop of armour.

While the MT's CAN provide armour, no one piece is OP. If you do get them to drop, they are at a low power level (10: cap is 305{300 base with an extra 5 from mods}), so you need to infuse gear into them to get them up to par. Caveat is power level makes no real difference in PvP, as it is more team play and your ability with weapons.

There are microtransactions - but I would say there is zero p2w in Destiny 2, at least right now.

I've not paid a penny for any micro transactions and don't think I am missing out on anything. There are some emotes I'd like, but i'll probably get them eventually through the loot box (bright engram) system in place that gives you a box each time you level up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

AdamD wrote:
    I'm just a blow in

Can't wait for the transfer window to open. Deadline day for clan recruitment is hot shiz right now. Shady under the table engrams doing the rounds.

Just a chest piece away from getting the master race to 305. Lots of good clan infusion fuel for him yesterday on the armour side. Hunter wasn't so lucky. :pac:
    Got a couple of 300 sidearms. Having a sidearm as a primary can't be a good set up surely. I just threw one of them into the Last Hope. It was the Last Dance though and I should have held onto it. Got another Raid RL that I put into the Coil.

• Advertisement

Finally got my titan to 305 with all raid armour :D Time to start this PvP armour setup :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement