Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Was looking at my titan armour mods yesterday. Thought I had all class ability regen on. What I actually had was a kinetic reload, energy weapon handling, one class ability and two arc grenade regens. I do like the pulse grenades but I'd be better off dropping these.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,953 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Everything 305 on my warlock, apart from every helmet, which is a max Base of 294. Infuriating. Unless I get an exotic helmet or one from a power engram (which could still be 299) my warlock won't move an inch.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Was looking at my titan armour mods yesterday. Thought I had all class ability regen on. What I actually had was a kinetic reload, energy weapon handling, one class ability and two arc grenade regens. I do like the pulse grenades but I'd be better off dropping these.

Well Gims I wont be dropping my Grenade regen mods in my setup cos I use them alot :D The other day I was playing ran straight from spawn to go and cap A and came across all 4 of the team trying to make their way to C. Threw a nade down in behind them then another on front of them. They seen the nade on front of them and crapped themselves while they backed into the rear nade, all 4 down and it was the start of a crushing victory :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Earned a bright engram at the start of an IB match earlier. That golden wing like symbol remained emblazoned on the screen for the rest of the game. Annoying glitch I haven't encountered before.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

i love the grenade mods, nothing beats goading in an attacker when he has you low health only for him to see you eat your grenade and back to full health before ****ing him up

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

PetKing wrote: »
    Earned a bright engram at the start of an IB match earlier. That golden wing like symbol remained emblazoned on the screen for the rest of the game. Annoying glitch I haven't encountered before.

happened me as well, not great!

I'd probably back out and take the loss rather than adding a few unnecessary points to my blood pressure.

jcd5971 wrote: »
    i love the grenade mods, nothing beats goading in an attacker when he has you low health only for him to see you eat your grenade and back to full health before ****ing him up
    or.... as I have done more than once - throw the grenade into the wall infront of myself, suiciding, cause I stopped the eating process a split second too soon.

I'm not a good player.

I haven't even tried to eat a grenade. There's too much going on with people shooting at me to consider such advanced tactics.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

gimli2112 wrote:
    I haven't even tried to eat a grenade. There's too much going on with people shooting at me to consider such advanced tactics.

That twirling dodge reload as a Hunter while engaging an opponent makes me feel like a PvP god :p

• Advertisement

Found this article very good:

https://kotaku.com/top-players-weigh-in-on-the-good-and-bad-of-destiny-2-p-1819364710

Datto, Triple, SirD and Mr. Fruit.

That twirling dodge reload as a Hunter while engaging an opponent makes me feel like a PvP god :p

i just find it to be an elaborate death animation when I use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,654 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Its actually very useful but its completely different to shadestep. I use it a lot to back out of long range engagements when I'm losing, whereas shadestep could be used more aggressively. Its good for peaking corners/gunfights then realising you're screwed but managing to get out of there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Found this article very good:

https://kotaku.com/top-players-weigh-in-on-the-good-and-bad-of-destiny-2-p-1819364710

Datto, Triple, SirD and Mr. Fruit.

After reading that, I have a slight uneasy fear growing in me that future decisions on PvP modes / playlists / team sizes / balancing will be taken with PC in mind only, or at least with PC being the 85% focus for the decisions. :(

After reading that, I have a slight uneasy fear growing in me that future decisions on PvP modes / playlists / team sizes / balancing will be taken with PC in mind only, or at least with PC being the 85% focus for the decisions. :(

quite possibly. Team Size/Playlist may not be an issue from that respect, but they absolutely have to consider console and PC completely separate for gun balance, which I have to assume they are smart enough to do.

The article echoed my thoughts on 4vs4 and the weird middle ground of nothingness that Bungie have placed themselves in. Its not eSports/Comp, and also isn't the fun power fantasy that Destiny1 was.

6v6 control/clash make PvP great again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

jcd5971 wrote: »
    6v6 control/clash make PvP great again.

I'd prefer if they made all the PvE stuff in 4's to be honest, it's the differing sizes that bugs me the most.

I do think we will see 6's back in PvP when a lot of casuals start dropping off.

dudeeile wrote: »
    I'd prefer if they made all the PvE stuff in 4's to be honest, it's the differing sizes that bugs me the most.

I do think we will see 6's back in PvP when a lot of casuals start dropping off.

I think they should bring 6s back for QuickPlay and keep comp 4vs4.

I don't think 6s wouldn't work on any map in D2. It doesn't feel like 'Distant Shore' is any more spacious than the new D2 maps. If Shores of Time can work in D2, why can't 6s on that map work in D2?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I don't think 6s wouldn't work on any map in D2. It doesn't feel like 'Distant Shore' is any more spacious than the new D2 maps. If Shores of Time can work in D2, why can't 6s on that map work in D2?

There are a few maps that would be chaos in 6v6 tbh, I'm liking the 4v4 for the most part.

Most my favourite COD maps were smaller than D2 maps and worked with 6v6. Some of them were bedlam.
    D2 maps would be fine for 6v6 I think.

• Advertisement

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Most my favourite COD maps were smaller than D2 maps and worked with 6v6. Some of them were bedlam.
    D2 maps would be fine for 6v6 I think.

Rust been the worst for 6v6 in fairness :P

I'm sure someone on the other discussion site is already working on overlaying the two maps, the new version does seem smaller.

Would it be that hard to add a multiplier to maps to increase sizes to accommodate the extra players, nothing else would need change except maybe an extra power ammo brick or two.

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Rust been the worst for 6v6 in fairness :P

God I loved Rust, probably because it hardly came up in the rotation but yeah Rust and Shipment would be two that would have you in a tizzy.

dudeeile wrote: »
    I'm sure someone on the other discussion site is already working on overlaying the two maps, the new version does seem smaller.

Would it be that hard to add a multiplier to maps to increase sizes to accommodate the extra players, nothing else would need change except maybe an extra power ammo brick or two.

A multiplier to increase the physical size of the map?

I would imagine they would have to manually change the map and spacing to make them bigger.

I just don't think it is really needed.

I think Vostok, Dead Cliffs, Fortress, Midtown and Distant Shore, at least, are big enough for 6s. Especially if you think back to 6s on Anomaly or Cauldron for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,654 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Anomaly was only added to the 6s playlist late on in Destiny, was 3s before and frankly a ****fest when played in 6s.

AdamD wrote: »
    Anomaly was only added to the 6s playlist late on in Destiny, was 3s before and frankly a ****fest when played in 6s.

I always enjoyed it to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

I always enjoyed it to be honest.

Have to agree. Spawning at A and running up to the stairs to lob a grenade or Nova on to B. Great fun.

Have to agree. Spawning at A and running up to the stairs to lob a grenade or Nova on to B. Great fun.

Spawing at C, running to the opening across from the boxes, lobbing a grenade up onto the catwalk. :D

I seem to recall anomaly was hated by trials carriers etc, but loved by the less skilled of us.

Obviously in some ways the map lended itself to a more casual play style, I could see it working to be honest in d2.

Also agree with dudes point.

Make it all 6s or all 4s pve and pvp

• Advertisement

A multiplier to increase the physical size of the map?

I would imagine they would have to manually change the map and spacing to make them bigger.

I just don't think it is really needed.

I think Vostok, Dead Cliffs, Fortress, Midtown and Distant Shore, at least, are big enough for 6s. Especially if you think back to 6s on Anomaly or Cauldron for example.

Well yeah I kinda over simplified to be fair but it wouldn't require a re-inventing of the wheel either. The only map so far that I think could work with FOUR extra players might be the raid one. That's a whole other team to accomodate and the maps are already set that you are only ever really roughly two to three corners from another engagement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement