Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

emmetkenny wrote: »
    You won't because its only available Friday to Tuesday Reset and you need to be 290 light recommended. If your using a 170 YR1 Suros I don't think your near that level.

You need at least 3 passage coins to buy a boon. You'll need a fireteam of 3 to get into the game mode as well.

Ah no I am using a pulse rifle at the moment, I only thought about the Suros this morning when i looked at the app and seen I had the year 2 available :P

Im light level 270 odd at the moment but a grind later on should bring that right up cos I need marks to upgrade a few bits :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,341 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Ah no I am using a pulse rifle at the moment, I only thought about the Suros this morning when i looked at the app and seen I had the year 2 available :P

Im light level 270 odd at the moment but a grind later on should bring that right up cos I need marks to upgrade a few bits :D

Do you play much Crucible ?

Trials can be very frustrating and you could easily be put off it if you go in under levelled. It's a great game mode so don't give up on it if you get hammered over and over.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Anyone up for a run at oryx on normal later, gotta kill him with my hunter.

Then switch over to hard for my Titan...

Then maybe consider going to bed and ponder what I'm doing with my life...

Then get bored of that and play more destiny!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Do you play much Crucible ?

Trials can be very frustrating and you could easily be put off it if you go in under levelled. It's a great game mode so don't give up on it if you get hammered over and over.

I have only played 3 or 4 matches in the Crucible tbh, I have been concentrating more on getting quests out of the way first and getting better drops :D

PS4?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

It's crazy how addictive it is. I understand the game is not for everyone but if it hooks you you're in real trouble. I've stopped getting up at 2-4 am and playing a few hours before going into work. First steps towards recovery? I even played a different game last night (before logging onto Destiny).:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Some of the Free PS Plus games are fun

gimli2112 wrote: »
    It's crazy how addictive it is. I understand the game is not for everyone but if it hooks you you're in real trouble. I've stopped getting up at 2-4 am and playing a few hours before going into work. First steps towards recovery? I even played a different game last night (before logging onto Destiny).:o

Recovery...... your on the first step but dont worry it will catch you out again soon haha
    Cormac... wrote: »
    Some of the Free PS Plus games are fun

Pfffftttttt traitor...... 50 laps of dread for you :P

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

So I tried the Xbox Elite controller on the weekend with Black Ops 3. The pad is amazing. €160-170 seems expensive, but the build quality is way better than the standard controller. The swappable sticks and paddles are really slick. I used a normal left stick and a domed right stick and 2 short paddles on the back mapped to the A and B buttons. Would have loved to try it with Destiny. I'm really tempted, and have put in a tentative request for one for Xmas.

I even enjoyed BlOps 3. First CoD game I've been interested in since Black Ops 2!

Also......... I'll be on for a raid tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

I believe you know where I stand on all of the above :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

So I tried the Xbox Elite controller on the weekend with Black Ops 3. The pad is amazing. €160-170 seems expensive, but the build quality is way better than the standard controller. The swappable sticks and paddles are really slick. I used a normal left stick and a domed right stick and 2 short paddles on the back mapped to the A and B buttons. Would have loved to try it with Destiny. I'm really tempted, and have put in a tentative request for one for Xmas.

I even enjoyed BlOps 3. First CoD game I've been interested in since Black Ops 2!

I dont understand the expensive tag, well, they are not cheap but compare them for a second with a scuf controller with similar features.

I actually went to scuf and chose the closest controller to the Xbox Elite one, but even then I couldn't get the same level of features, somethings such as programmable buttons (via software), removable thumbsticks and pad, quick adjust trigger stoppers are not available with Scuff, also, the elite comes with a 1 year manufacturer warranty vs 3 months warranty from Scuf (and they have the worst customer service I have seen in years)

Price for my slite was 165 euro delivered

Price for the Scuf was 234 euro delivered... with a 2-3 weeks delivery time (which in my case was 5 weeks).

To me unless you want fancy colors there is no brainer... but yes, they are 3 times the price of the normal xbox controller I agree with that

Or, spend a tenner on Kontrol Freeks and re-map controller buttons if you have a PS4 or are generally cash-poor :)

Helped me MLG the hell out of Trials* last night with Nev

*may have only happened one game in ten

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I'm Always interested in other peoples setups, I have my paddles set up to cover jumping x2 , crouching and reload for both destiny and Blops 3

for halo, I swap out one of the jump paddles to take care of the speed boost button.

A week into owning it, and I only find myself reaching for the face buttons occasionally when I'm under pressure, but that's even happening less with practice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,259 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

People around for a hard raid tonight from 9 or so?

Will be picking up my new PS headset tonight (the one posted a couple of days ago from Amazon) and my 310 titan or Warlock are ready to go.

I got mine yesterday from Game. Ordered at 8pm on the 5th and it shipped the 6th.

I only got to play for around an hour last night but was running two short paddles mapped to A and X and the two longer thumbsticks. I did find it a little weird but was starting to get the hang of the paddles before I turned it off.

I'll stick with two paddles for a week or so and then add two more and map them to B and Y so much right thumb will never have to leave the thumbsticks again.

Just buy one Steve they are a great bit of kit :)

Will be picking up my new PS headset tonight (the one posted a couple of days ago from Amazon) and my 310 titan or Warlock are ready to go.

I might be

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Or, spend a tenner on Kontrol Freeks and re-map controller buttons if you have a PS4 or are generally cash-poor :)

Yeah you got off to a fast start alright.

"Lads, I'm throwing an axion bolt at the tunnel and following it in"
    <BOOM> <BOOM> <BOOM>
    "Enemy team Eliminated"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Should be on. Head is still ringing a bit from last night \m/

Ill be online if youll have me with my low 270 light :)
    I might be

Ah you will be :P

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Bohrio wrote: »
    I dont understand the expensive tag, well, they are not cheap but compare them for a second with a scuf controller with similar features.

I actually went to scuf and chose the closest controller to the Xbox Elite one, but even then I couldn't get the same level of features, somethings such as programmable buttons (via software), removable thumbsticks and pad, quick adjust trigger stoppers are not available with Scuff, also, the elite comes with a 1 year manufacturer warranty vs 3 months warranty from Scuf (and they have the worst customer service I have seen in years)

Price for my slite was 165 euro delivered

Price for the Scuf was 234 euro delivered... with a 2-3 weeks delivery time (which in my case was 5 weeks).

To me unless you want fancy colors there is no brainer... but yes, they are 3 times the price of the normal xbox controller I agree with that

Compared to Scuf controllers, it's a bargain. I had a scuf for my 360 and used it for a year (ice white with all black buttons). The triggers have cracks in them now because the trigger stops are literally just screwed into the top of the triggers. It still works though. My mate (who owns the Elite I tried out) also got a scuf at the same time and one of the paddles snapped off the back of the pad after about 6 months. But he is way more aggressive using the pad and hitting buttons when playing CoD.

The Elite controller feels like it's made to last a long time. The trigger stops feel really solid and the sticks/paddles are metal. It's heavy and the build quality is outstanding. Even the packaging and the storage case look expensive. It's an investment like a quality headset, and I'd expect it to last a long time. It should work really well in Destiny with all the jumping about. Have you used it much in Crucible Porphy?

My only concern with the price is that the pad is just a little less than half the price of a new Xbox One console. But the quality of the pad is way above anything else out there. I only used it for 4 hours, and I have to say it's the best game controller I've ever used.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

ibFoxer wrote: »
    I believe you know where I stand on all of the above :D

See you on around 8 or 9 so?
    Should be on. Head is still ringing a bit from last night \m/

Lamb of god?? How was it even after he got clocked on the back of the head?

Crouch invisibility & Blink strike

I've had a Scuf and sold it because the thumbsticks rubber kept breaking and Scuf didnt want to know anything about it.

I've two sets of KontrolFreakz and I really like them and that's why I'm using the longer thumbsticks on the Elite. The build quality is absolutely fantastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

I'd be around tonight for a run at the normal mode anyways, reckon I still haven't enough light for the hard mode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Compared to Scuf controllers, it's a bargain. I had a scuf for my 360 and used it for a year (ice white with all black buttons). The triggers have cracks in them now because the trigger stops are literally just screwed into the top of the triggers. It still works though. My mate (who owns the Elite I tried out) also got a scuf at the same time and one of the paddles snapped off the back of the pad after about 6 months. But he is way more aggressive using the pad and hitting buttons when playing CoD.

The Elite controller feels like it's made to last a long time. The trigger stops feel really solid and the sticks/paddles are metal. It's heavy and the build quality is outstanding. Even the packaging and the storage case look expensive. It's an investment like a quality headset, and I'd expect it to last a long time. It should work really well in Destiny with all the jumping about. Have you used it much in Crucible Porphy?

My only concern with the price is that the pad is just a little less than half the price of a new Xbox One console. But the quality of the pad is way above anything else out there. I only used it for 4 hours, and I have to say it's the best game controller I've ever used.

Hey Steve

Unfortunately I havent played any crucible yet on Xb1. I tried the controller for a few hours and loved it, but I am still much better on PS4 in general, I feel quicker on PS4 compared to Xb1, the new controller will make up for it I just need to get use to it.

I agree with Scuf, I have had several of them, all of them are broken now, some of them broke within 4-5 months. Scuf use to have excellent customer service but those days are long gone now.

I think the only reason why people are still using it is because of youtubers/streamers recommending them (obviously to get a partnership from Scuf).

Dont get me wrong, they are good controllers but not worth 4-5 times the price of the original one (which they are built on anyway), specially when the vast majority of them seem to break only within a few months of owning them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

They were fine. Called that a fine Irish welcome during the set.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

I should be on for 10. I might be able to get on a bit earlier but I'll need to check how many brownie points are in the account :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

Count me in for that Conovar, should be on by 9

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

I've had a Scuf and sold it because the thumbsticks rubber kept breaking and Scuf didnt want to know anything about it.

I've two sets of KontrolFreakz and I really like them and that's why I'm using the longer thumbsticks on the Elite. The build quality is absolutely fantastic.

You managed to pick it up from where it was then? Recommend? Might put it on the Christmas list .P

• Advertisement

ibFoxer wrote: »
    You managed to pick it up from where it was then? Recommend? Might put it on the Christmas list .P

No I called down again and they wouldn't answer even though they were in the house.

They called up about an hour and a half later with it though.

Yes its very nice. Feels very study and a nice press from the paddles. It will take a few weeks to get used to though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement