Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

jcd5971 wrote: »
    Also agree with dudes point.

Make it all 6s or all 4s pve and pvp

Whoooooah, don't misquote me there chief!

I'm pro all 4's, anti 6's but can still see 6's being introduced in PvP :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

dudeeile wrote: »
    Well yeah I kinda over simplified to be fair but it wouldn't require a re-inventing of the wheel either. The only map so far that I think could work with FOUR extra players might be the raid one. That's a whole other team to accomodate and the maps are already set that you are only ever really roughly two to three corners from another engagement

That map reminds me of the one in D1. catherdal of dusk i think it was. Just basically 2 longish run ups to the middle and everyon fighting it out there for b.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭ginger_hammer

General question - when I go to a planet for a public event I see 5-6 other random people in the Roster - then we complete the public event and I look at the map for the next one on the same planet then fast travel to it. However this seems to get rid of everyone on the Roster and I'm alone doing the next public event. Is this normal? Should I not fast travel?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

yeah you are likely to be travelling to another session, same map/location but a different part of the internet, if that makes sense.
    Depending on the Public Event I'll often fast travel to the same location I just completed the PE on. Sometimes you run into the same PE immediately that is being completed in that space.

ok thanks - so the new session can have other players already in it? Whenever I fast travel the new session always seems to only have me in it.

• Advertisement

yeah it can have other players in it. I've launched in on my own and then people joined up. If you're travelling straight after a public event you can be the first one there.

Solo Public Events is seriously more painful than solo PvP imo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

dudeeile wrote:
    I'd prefer if they made all the PvE stuff in 4's to be honest, it's the differing sizes that bugs me the most.

jcd5971 wrote:
    Also agree with dudes point.

jcd5971 wrote:
    Make it all 6s or all 4s pve and pvp

dudeeile wrote:
    Whoooooah, don't misquote me there chief!

Pfft I mid quote nuthin
    Don't call me chief pal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

gimli2112 wrote: »
    yeah it can have other players in it. I've launched in on my own and then people joined up. If you're travelling straight after a public event you can be the first one there.

Solo Public Events is seriously more painful than solo PvP imo

Gave up going Solo on public events, I just keep fast traveling back into the same area hopefully to land in with a group. If not I just move onto the next one.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,953 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

does the '300' drops happen with shaxx aswell ? I've a lot of his tokens I've been saving up, once I got the better devils I didnt spend any more with him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

syboit wrote: »
    does the '300' drops happen with shaxx aswell ? I've a lot of his tokens I've been saving up, once I got the better devils I didnt spend any more with him.

Yeah, each Vendor is on a 30 min Power Level Rotation.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,761 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Some of the public events are easy to pull of solo, even on heroic. And others are an absolute nightmare!

Dismantling legendary shaders used to give bright dust but now only glimmer?

Dismantling legendary shaders used to give bright dust but now only glimmer?

depends which ones. The ones you get from the vendor for bright engrams definitely give dust, most of the others give glimmer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Is there any way to check how many hours I've played D2? There used to be in the app for D1 but can't find anything now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Is there any way to check how many hours I've played D2? There used to be in the app for D1 but can't find anything now.

google "wasted on destiny" should give you a link to a site.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

ItsHoggie wrote: »

46 hours for you

https://www.wastedondestiny.com/search/itshoggie

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Haven't really used any mods yet. Is the only difference between the purples and blues the +5 stat, or are the cool downs faster with a purple?

Just the +5 Power Level afaik

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

Holeee crap... 1,414 hours on D1
    Only 52 hours on D2.

Says it all really on the playability of D2.. I don't even bother logging on most days now. A shame.

1,414 hours on D1 though.. Thats 59 days playing 24 hours a day non stop.

Possibility of PoE making a Return.

More Tokeny goodness?

Thought this was a pretty handy post showing all the famous voice actors and where you would recognise them from

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/7652uc/voice_acting_in_destiny_2/

Thought this was a pretty handy post showing all the famous voice actors and where you would recognise them from

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/7652uc/voice_acting_in_destiny_2/

Jaysus, Calus was Reinhardt.

Blew my mind when I read Lord Shaxx was the same person as Morgan from TWD.

Possibility of PoE making a Return.

More Tokeny goodness?

The least appealing and well received Destiny 1 content....why? Why would it make a return?

Would have to be linked to the Reef though, which should surely mean that all those related characters would return... with a story?

The Queen, her brother and Eris all linked via TTK and pre-D2 grimoire. I hope when they return, that they return with an interesting and investing story arc - as well as some fun activities to play. Could be part of the Osiris DLC - given Trials of Osiris (and Brother Vance) were Reef related activities.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Cozmo has already stated there is no plans for its return. Thats just leftovers in the api...just dust and echos

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/764a5t/prison_of_elders_returning_in_destiny_2/dobnq3u/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_vyrgpaijk

Danced too soon my friend.

Well, we didn't ask for it but we got it!!
    This week's Nightfall is Exodus Crash.

A f***ing strike on a timer where the boss seems to disappear for minutes at a time. I think I hate this NF more then any other activity in the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Think I've done 2 nightfalls since launch

Could not be arsed whatsoever

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement