Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,709 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Dunno maybe I'm just on another page to you guys. Collecting dead ghosts feels like work to me, not something I have any interest in doing in my spare time. Same with those exotic sword quests/grinding a strike. Quite happy nobody has a PvP advantage over me because they played a boring strike 200 times to get a god roll.

However dead ghosts has no impact on me, so put that in if you want. Super rare godroll weapons? Nah. Also the loot pool isn't really small though is it? Datto had an interesting video, we only really use about 15% of weapons, the loot pool isn't small, we just immediately disregard non-optimal archetypes and perks.

A lot of these issues are simply because we've been playing Destiny 3 years, when D1 came out you tried every legendary you had, because you didn't know better, now you could identify an insta-shard with your eyes closed. People are just jaded with the franchise IMO. D1 at this stage was significantly worse yet people are getting massively upvoted on reddit for saying the opposite, sorry, they're wrong, D1 was in a worse state, we just played it more because Destiny was new. 3 years later its a lot more difficult for a game to keep your attention. Even the final D1 expansion seemed like quite a strong addition but I barely played it simply because i was bored with destiny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

AdamD wrote: »
    Dunno maybe I'm just on another page to you guys.

I think a lot of us are one the same page for certains items but others we differ. I liked the ghosts you didn't. Neither of us liked 60 motes to upgrade a gun.

I suppose that just shows how diverse destiny 1 really was, it really had something for everyone. I know a lot of players just enjoyed the gun play, others just loved PVP and sweaty trials. Me, brought out the hoarder/collector in me :D

I suppose if you compared vanilla D1 and vanilla D2 they both had their flaws, but at least with D1 I certainly saw progression over the years. If D2 can progress upwards aswell I'd be happy enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

No one here is arguing that D1 vanilla is better than D2 vanilla, I don't think. But, as a sequel, it should have all the QoL and other components of Y3D1.

D2 loot table isn't small? It's tiny compared to Y3D1. Random roles allowed the possibility of more than 15% of the loot table being usable. Raid gear had meaning, now?

Yes, someone should not have an advantage in PvP because they grinded PvE, that's why they should be seperate to a degree, and trials should be the pinnacle of PvP gear wise. Not OP to fcuk, but should give a slight advantage, as the weapons did in D1 with their intrinsic perks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

No one here is arguing that D1 vanilla is better than D2 vanilla, I don't think. But, as a sequel, it should have all the QoL and other components of Y3D1.

D2 loot table isn't small? It's tiny compared to Y3D1. Random roles allowed the possibility of more than 15% of the loot table being usable. Raid gear had meaning, now?

Yes, someone should not have an advantage in PvP because they grinded PvE, that's why they should be seperate to a degree, and trials should be the pinnacle of PvP gear wise. Not OP to fcuk, but should give a slight advantage, as the weapons did in D1 with their intrinsic perks.

But 99% will just use whatever the streamers are using so there's no point in a big loot pool.

If anything it will increase dismantling and hoarding of currency which at the moment are useless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

AdamD wrote: »
    D1 was in a worse state, we just played it more because Destiny was new. 3 years later its a lot more difficult for a game to keep your attention

I agree with this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,215 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I agree with this

More, and more rewarding, strikes.
    More PvP maps and more control over modes.
    A ranking system in PvP.
    A more interesting Raid.
    A differing and more rewarding hard mode raid.
    A better loot system.

If D2 had those things, I reckon it would be holding peoples interest better.

A poor raid, 6 unrewarding strikes (and an utter lack of strike modifiers to make them more interesting/fun), the change up to 4vs4 and only two playlists, and a general lack of end game content to grind are design choices they made - which are part of the reason it is not holding the interest D1 did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Stupid lucky Warlock got to 305 before my wonderful Titan :mad:

I do think people are remembering D1 with rose tinted glasses tbh. On reddit acting like the player base was solid for months. It wasn't, I was there. It dropped like a stone after 2-3 weeks tbh.

I'm not defending D2. I just think a lot of the Reddit circle-jerk is hyperbolic

The Raid is utter cr@p though. I said that the 1st time we killed Calus and for like 2 hours later I couldn't sleep cause I soooooo disgustingly underwhelmend

• Registered Users Posts: 39 DinoSteve

Anyone know what has changed for the prestige raid?

Yes, apparently
    New changes:

Dying loses your revive token

Gauntlet
    A player cannot run twice in the Gauntlet (everyone must run once)
    Psionic projections spawn during the running phase
    3 Psionic Charges spawn in the walls during final 6-man running phase (down from 4 in NM)

Pleasure Gardens
    There are now 8 dogs (2 extra, Rocks/Cave and L2)

Baths
    Bathers are renamed Oiled Ceremonial Bathers (not a major change)
    More bathers spawn during DPS phase
    Burden of Worthiness buff after damage phase
    4 people will see symbols above Sun plate, they will have to go to the corresponding plate

• Advertisement

I do think people are remembering D1 with rose tinted glasses tbh. On reddit acting like the player base was solid for months. It wasn't, I was there. It dropped like a stone after 2-3 weeks tbh.

I'm not defending D2. I just think a lot of the Reddit circle-jerk is hyperbolic

The Raid is utter cr@p though. I said that the 1st time we killed Calus and for like 2 hours later I couldn't sleep cause I soooooo disgustingly underwhelmend

are you comparing it to Destiny 1 vanilla or a later version of Destiny 1?

Surely we should be comparing Destiny 2 to what Destiny 1 became, not the broken game we got at first?

Should we not have been able to view Destiny 1 TTK/RoI as the foundation for Destiny 2? Not Vanilla Destiny?

I'm NOT comparing it. I'm pointing out people that ARE comparing D2 to D1 (here, reddit, whatever) are often doing it through rose tinted glasses.
    And I think Adams point about it being a totally new experience is valid, the WOW factor was there then as it was all sooooo new, now, we kind of knew what to expect with D2 to an extent yanno?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

"Generic wrote:
    I think Adams point about it being a totally new experience is valid, the WOW factor was there then as it was all sooooo new, now, we kind of knew what to expect with D2 to an extent yanno?

Yeah, the wow factor was definitely there. Still remember my first strike against sepkis prime, and later doing a 6 man raid. I had never played anything like it.

Maintenance this evening from 4-8ish(10) if I've worked out my timezones properly.

Think I'm just about done with season 1. One chest away from having all characters max ranked (of course it's my primary character) and have all the meta guns. Don't feel the need to max rank individual pieces of gear (although I'll probably do a bit) as once the dlc drops they become obsolete and max rank isn't necessary for anything.
    Six weeks of fairly solid gaming is a fair return imo. There is no end game/spoon.

Already purchased Wolfenstein II and Darksiders Collection and finishing off some games that fell by the wayside thanks to D1, such as Doom, TitanFall 2, Far Cry 4 (this will be the 3rd or 4th restart) and several more. Will look to finish Infamous Second Son and start First Light again. Dishonoured 2 demo .... there's a lot of stuff to do that isn't d2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Think I'm just about done with season 1. One chest away from having all characters max ranked (of course it's my primary character) and have all the meta guns. Don't feel the need to max rank individual pieces of gear (although I'll probably do a bit) as once the dlc drops they become obsolete and max rank isn't necessary for anything.
    Six weeks of fairly solid gaming is a fair return imo. There is no end game/spoon.

Already purchased Wolfenstein II and Darksiders Collection and finishing off some games that fell by the wayside thanks to D1, such as Doom, TitanFall 2, Far Cry 4 (this will be the 3rd or 4th restart) and several more. Will look to finish Infamous Second Son and start First Light again. Dishonoured 2 demo .... there's a lot of stuff to do that isn't d2.

titan fall 2 is solid, haven't played in a while but might throw it on later for a bit of craic!

something similar happened to me in terms of games building up.

I have the last of us, god of war 3, shadow of mordor GOTY, Dragon age inquisition GOTY, lords of the fallen, tomb raider and a few more id say...

so tempted to buy the witcher 3 GOTY at 20euro... even though I know itll probably just sit there :rolleyes:

Anyone having difficulty getting the end game stuff done, great link here: Not scummy at all./URL]

Anyone having difficulty getting the end game stuff done, great link here: Not scummy at all./URL]

Free shipping. Thank f*ck.

I read "Don't buy from here contact me and we'll work something out" and all I thought was "this isn't going to end well"

If you were seriously thinking of buying something like that you really shouldn't be playing the game..........or allowed anywhere near the internet

100% positive feedback though must be legit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

Maintenance this evening from 4-8ish(10) if I've worked out my timezones properly.

I haven't logged in all week. Just have no interest anymore.

I haven't logged in all week. Just have no interest anymore.

I played last night and completed a raid with some people who hadn't done it before. Was fun.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

In terms of mechanics, the raid gets a bit dull after a while, but I still think the leviathan looks fantastic.

Angron wrote: »
    In terms of mechanics, the raid gets a bit dull after a while, but I still think the leviathan looks fantastic.

Nice chassis, terrible engine.

Because of the mechanics.

I'll get my coat.

Gimli, you're really not missing out by not finishing Far Cry 4. The latter half of the game is not as good as the 1st few hours and overall it's not a patch on 3. Put that one right to the back of the queue, it's disappointing imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

Gimli, you're really not missing out by not finishing Far Cry 4. The latter half of the game is not as good as the 1st few hours and overall it's not a patch on 3. Put that one right to the back of the queue, it's disappointing imho.

At the start of the game after you are kidnapped and you are told to wait and finish the crab rangoon, don't leave the room.. sit there for exactly 5 mins and watch... best video game Easter egg ever!!

It's funny but It's not really an Easter Egg though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Bungie: Were gonne release the prestiege raid glitch and all,but we have a way to detect if its used so the team that get that first completion wont have a tarnished/questioned result as they wont be counted if usimg the glitch

Clan that finishes raid first: We used a heavy ammo glitch

Bungie: There still the champs and its ok cause we have no way to detect the heavy ammo glitch and cant verify if glitch used.

Even though the clan themselves said they used the glitch to do the raid. Good job bungie

www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-10-19-destiny-2-prestige-raid-world-first-awarded-to-team-which-used-glitch

EoinHef wrote: »
    Bungie: Were gonne release the prestiege raid glitch and all,but we have a way to detect if its used so the team that get that first completion wont have a tarnished/questioned result as they wont be counted if usimg the glitch

Clan that finishes raid first: We used a heavy ammo glitch

Bungie: There still the champs and its ok cause we have no way to detect the heavy ammo glitch and cant verify if glitch used.

Even though the clan themselves said they used the glitch to do the raid. Good job bungie

www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-10-19-destiny-2-prestige-raid-world-first-awarded-to-team-which-used-glitch
    MEH - to be honest.

Its an exploit, technically cheating, but meh - its a heavy ammo glitch. We've all used them before at Crota. Sure, we weren't going for Worlds First but we did it, loads.

I would probably look at using this glitch myself next time I run Calus cause running out of ammo all the time is a massive PitA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Personally makes no odds to me,just thought it was funny considering they made a song and dance about being able to catch the glitch they thought people were going to use but then say they dont care when a different glitch is used amd award the clan a worlds first.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement