Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,953 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

EoinHef wrote: »
    Personally makes no odds to me,just thought it was funny considering they made a song and dance about being able to catch the glitch they thought people were going to use but then say they dont care when a different glitch is used amd award the clan a worlds first.

They can't track it - so they can't say if any other team used it at any other point in the raid. They could 'disqualify' the winning clan, but whose to say (and prove) none of the other teams used it.

Taking out all ads from the encounter is a much bigger exploit imo - and it is the one they could track.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

They can't track it - so they can't say if any other team used it at any other point in the raid. They could 'disqualify' the winning clan, but whose to say (and prove) none of the other teams used it.

Taking out all ads from the encounter is a much bigger exploit imo - and it is the one they could track.

They are still awarding it to a team that admitted using a glitch. If your going to release the raid with glitches maybe dont make a big song and dance about world first.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,654 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Think you may be overreacting here

EoinHef wrote: »
    They are still awarding it to a team that admitted using a glitch. If your going to release the raid with glitches maybe dont make a big song and dance about world first.

I never expected them to release a raid without glitches, or to not make a deal out of Worlds First. It isn't even something they provide an award for - just an aknowledgement. It is the community that makes it a thing. It is also the community that will decide if it is legit or not.

They called out a massive exploit they were aware of, and could track, a said that was a no-go.

There are probably a load of other glitches that could be exploited too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

They admitted to doing the raid using tactics outside what Bungie would have intended. THEY ADMITTED IT.

And yes most of us have used a similar glitch but we we're not competing to be worlds first.

In order to qualify, every member of the team should have to live broadcast and save their full run, it would save **** like this.

Give it to team 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

I dont think im over reacting,in fact my intial post was just to poke fun at the way its been handled/the irony rather than to convey any annoyance about it.

Even calling it a "prestiege" activity now looks like a mistake now. Wheres the prestiege in everyone glitching it/using exploits to get it done!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Who cares, you'd swear there was a cash reward.

Destiny has pretty much run its course until the next DLC drops. Couldn't be bothered Ieveling a third character.

Who cares, you'd swear there was a cash reward.

cheer-grumpy-bear.png

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭ginger_hammer

What is the Legend of Acrius (exotic shotty) like? Anyone have it after 1st upgrade? Is there a 2nd upgrade for prestige raid?

• Advertisement

What is the Legend of Acrius (exotic shotty) like? Anyone have it after 1st upgrade? Is there a 2nd upgrade for prestige raid?

I haven't made much use of it, keep forgetting but it is usable in both PvE and PvP. There's only one upgrade for the shotty, prestige drops the shader for the gun but I don't know if that is guaranteed or random and maybe it can be got from other sources.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I've seen videos of it in pvp and the range is mental for a shotgun. Damage falls off very quickly outside of optimum range but if you're within range of it you are in serious trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

No Trials this weekend or next due to emote glitching

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/46413

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/46413

.... Bungie... I... How.... What?

One problem after another. Mess of a launch and evidence that bungie have no idea what they're at.

Look at the nightfall we were supposed to have - it was bugged before, and bugged in the exact same way when they put it live thus week. How dies crap like that happen?

Also - could they not just remove the emote and offer up 200 bright dust or something as a compensation for it? I find it shockingly bad from Bungie to simply remove Trials for 2 weeks over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

dudeeile wrote: »
    They admitted to doing the raid using tactics outside what Bungie would have intended. THEY ADMITTED IT.

And yes most of us have used a similar glitch but we we're not competing to be worlds first.

In order to qualify, every member of the team should have to live broadcast and save their full run, it would save **** like this.

Give it to team 2.

Team 2 were at it as well. Think you have to go all the way to team 6 to find a team not at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Can they not simply remove the walk from players that have it? Give it back when it's fixed?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

PetKing wrote: »
    Can they not simply remove the walk from players that have it? Give it back when it's fixed?

tumblr_msddg1nSuz1rhd1xfo1_400.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 12,654 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Jesus the game really is turning into a complete write off

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

PetKing wrote: »

You'd have thought so like. Bungo gonna bungo though

On Wednesday, they temporarily banned a load of people from trials for cheating

The duration of their ban is 2 weeks. You couldn't make it up!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

So how exactly was an emote giving people an advantage?

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    So how exactly was an emote giving people an advantage?

Ridiculous Walk - stand against a wall and do it, and you can glitch back through the wall, going off map.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Ridiculous Walk - stand against a wall and do it, and you can glitch back through the wall, going off map.

So a Monty Python reference inadvertently became a Simpsons reference.

OptimalThoseFoal.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

“Payback time!” (click-clunk)

Finally got a sweet business, and I haven't stopped firing it since. For the 100 or so fallen I've killed there must be 10,000 bullet casings strewn around the rig.

syboit wrote: »
    “Payback time!” (click-clunk)

Finally got a sweet business, and I haven't stopped firing it since. For the 100 or so fallen I've killed there must be 10,000 bullet casings strewn around the rig.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Not going to lie, I burst out laughing when I heard that.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Don't play trials - so doesn't affect me, but talk about taking the nuclear option. It is really strange that -- as the lads said above -- that they can't just disable the emote. Reddit must be melting down to a salt plain at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

BBC have a behind-the-scenes making of Destiny programme on tomorrow. (You can watch our behind the scenes at Bungie film on BBC Click on Saturday 21 October. )

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/41667810/how-the-makers-of-destiny-2-learnt-from-their-mistakes

As for the title...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSRSWM7jzH1XzLYoYnZJcKFvwYdc90sRvCtU-bIUKEEpjwE4K0J

CDBWhoop wrote: »
    BBC have a behind-the-scenes making of Destiny programme on tomorrow. (You can watch our behind the scenes at Bungie film on BBC Click on Saturday 21 October. )

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/41667810/how-the-makers-of-destiny-2-learnt-from-their-mistakes

As for the title...

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

CDBWhoop wrote: »

As for the title...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSRSWM7jzH1XzLYoYnZJcKFvwYdc90sRvCtU-bIUKEEpjwE4K0J

I predict a Conovor meltdown in about as long as it takes him to type up his post after reading the article. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Member happy Conovar? I member

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement