Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,215 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Member happy Conovar? I member

Bullsh... no one remembers a happy Conovar!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

I member.

Seems so long ago now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Bullsh... no one remembers a happy Conovar!

dudeeile wrote:
    I member.

dudeeile wrote:
    Seems so long ago now.

In the tune of 90's band staind

"IT'S BEEN AWHILE SINCE I..... (Too lazy to actually Google staind lyrics)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

jcd5971 wrote: »
    In the tune of 90's band staind

"IT'S BEEN AWHILE SINCE I..... (Too lazy to actually Google staind lyrics)

Well its such an awesome song you shouldnt have to even google for the lyrics, you should know them all off by heart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

giphy.gif

add 'actium war rig' and its

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZ-EOg38t1o

standing behind a barrier in the witches ritual is so much fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

syboit wrote: »
    add 'actium war rig' and its

standing behind a barrier in the witches ritual is so much fun.

FYP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

CDBWhoop wrote: »
    BBC have a behind-the-scenes making of Destiny programme on tomorrow. (You can watch our behind the scenes at Bungie film on BBC Click on Saturday 21 October. )

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/41667810/how-the-makers-of-destiny-2-learnt-from-their-mistakes

As for the title...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSRSWM7jzH1XzLYoYnZJcKFvwYdc90sRvCtU-bIUKEEpjwE4K0J

I'm honestly convinced that Bungo are on a wind-up at this stage :pac:
    "It was stuff we already knew but it was a sharp and clear message from our community - they expected better."

All the seasons info,

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/77q1de/destiny_live_twitch_reveal_seasons/?st=j91bntvl&sh=18a14101

lot of cosmetic stuff, said changes coming to IB and how guns can be purchased.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Max level so that old/smaller clans have a chance vs only larger more active clans to dominate. Keeps everything on a more fair level.

have read several times, frowned while thinking heavily. Still can't make sense of it.
    interpret plz?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,665 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Max level so that old/smaller clans have a chance vs only larger more active clans to dominate. Keeps everything on a more fair level.

have read several times, frowned while thinking heavily. Still can't make sense of it.
    interpret plz?

Its nonsense, with the clan xp capped at 100,000 per week a 7 man clan can earn as much per week as a clan with 100. Can understand resetting to refresh the clan perks though.

• Advertisement

on reading it there's nothing much there that has me jumping for joy that I bought the season pass, perhaps should have bought booze instead?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Live team taking over. Good news, hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Live team taking over. Good news, hopefully

Cue A-Team intro music.

Cue A-Team intro music.

what a week, first Predator and now A-team references.

Roll on 'The Fall Guy' & 'Knight Rider' next week :D

on reading it there's nothing much there that has me jumping for joy that I bought the season pass, perhaps should have bought booze instead?

Season pass is for the DLC, not the seasons stuff. Everyone will get this seasons stuff.

So who is hoping on the PC version this week - and what performance are you expecting?

I am not getting the PC version - my laptop would run it no better than my PS4, probably a lot worse. But I'm kinda jealous of those that are going to be running it at 140+ fps. Would love to see it and play it at the level, just to see what it is like (I, personally, never noticed a difference going from OW at 60fps to Destiny at 30fps)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

I'm contemplating it. Few of the lads in work are getting it on PC and asked me about it.
    Played the beta on full settings and it was fairly tasty looking, PC should be well able I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

PC pre-order waiting to be activated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

2lo54kw.jpg

Managed to finish the prestige raid tonight. Glowy pointless armour for all! :P

Thanks to Steve, Wondaboy, Rossi, Hochspitch and Jaekel.

Also thanks to Iceninja, Fiachra, Pryze, El_fats and Captain Reborn who helped during the week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Well done lads, pleasure doing it with you all. (well most of you!)

#fookbungieforsh1trewardsandglitchedoutraid

• Advertisement

Watching a YT video with the commentator decrying the clan share system as the single biggest problem with the Raid. As a net beneficiary of the system I'm somewhat biased although the vitriolic comments of support by his subscribers was pathetic. I do get how it lessens the loot earned if they give it out for free and tbh would have no issue if they scrapped it. Provided of course the don't drop something game breaking in it for MP, like a Clever Dragon or year one Vex.

Also saw comment that the glass 1/2 full perk on the Number only does +1 crit damage from 23 to 24. I used it the other day and thought the perk was really strong. Must have been a placebo effect. Still a good gun.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I don't have any particular gripes with the clan share stuff. It's nice to have a chance to get another drop beyond what I might already get in a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Nightfall is The Arms dealer with Torrent (mad ability regen) and Zero hour (set time limit)

Flashpoint is IO

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Ah good, Torrent is fun. Io fecking sucks though, I hate going there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Grenade spam time again

• Registered Users Posts: 39 DinoSteve

Kirby wrote: »
    2lo54kw.jpg

Managed to finish the prestige raid tonight. Glowy pointless armour for all! :P

Thanks to Steve, Wondaboy, Rossi, Hochspitch and Jaekel.

Also thanks to Iceninja, Fiachra, Pryze, El_fats and Captain Reborn who helped during the week.

Thanks lads for the raid ye are great but the prestige is far to much effort for far to little reward 0/10 would not do again.

Watching Mtashed's PC gameplay on YT this morning. Was going on how it was like a different game. Certainly looks like it. The movement and speed is incomparable to the console versions as far as I can see. MP Looked glorious. He was delighted although it may be because it was all shiny and new and the lack of endgame issues will arise soon enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,313 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Watching Mtashed's PC gameplay on YT this morning. Was going on how it was like a different game. Certainly looks like it. The movement and speed is incomparable to the console versions as far as I can see. MP Looked glorious. He was delighted although it may be because it was all shiny and new and the lack of endgame issues will arise soon enough.

It looks good alright but do we think the PC crowd will be as forgiving of the end game and stick around?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

emmetkenny wrote: »
    It looks good alright but do we think the PC crowd will be as forgiving of the end game and stick around?

I would seriously doubt it... UNLESS they've been using us all as lab rats and are going to implement changes to the PC version quicker to keep them around?

• Advertisement

PC Version is different - that was evident from the beta. Movement and aiming seems better according to basically every streamer and Destiny 2 on PC gunplay feels like Destiny 1, and controls better with a controller on PC than it does on console.

I don't think PC being different now is a result of feedback from console issues. Its just the way the PC version has been built by VV - hopefully Bungie will make note of the feedback and look to bring that into the console version.

I've no issue with the PC version looking prettier - but gameplay differences are annoying.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement