Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

I see posts like this, and I'm just like, you do know that almost no-one hear knows your PSN ID?
    You're severely limiting you options for scheduling a Raid if all we have is your Boards User Name.

There's ~190 clan members, we can't be all expected to know who DinoSteve is on PSN :o
    This is why so many of us of us enabled viewing signatures on Boards and added or PSN to our signature

I'm not having a go, I just think ye can set yourselves up for success better.
    In saying that, I do think the player pool willing to do the Prestige Raid is tiny since it's so unrewarding.
    We had our 6th drop out last night, and there was f**k all players playing D2 overall, never mind experienced/levelled enough to give the Prestige Mode a good run.

Tis a shame really, but we're trying to deal with the cards we're dealt :(

I think the initial shine has long gone from the game now and only a handful of people will pop on to play it regular enough.
    I'm only still going cos I'm getting my Titan up to speed, dunno if I have the energy to run a squishy Hunter through as well.

I'll still help with the raid most nights I'm on, Johnny has pulled me into a few games that had a drop out, even if I get no rewards for it.
    Be nice even to get a few tokens, instead of zip.

Even trying to get people for the Nightfall is tough at the mo if it's not a Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Finding weapon handling especially sub machine guns better on the Xbox than PS.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

depends on whether you have to get the crest in order to get the kill point too, as you did in D1.

I think I am right in saying you only get points for crests at the moment.

Yeah, currently crests are worth 1 point as opposed to 2, 1 for collection 1 for kill, in D1.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 DinoSteve

I see posts like this, and I'm just like, you do know that almost no-one hear knows your PSN ID?
    You're severely limiting you options for scheduling a Raid if all we have is your Boards User Name.

There's ~190 clan members, we can't be all expected to know who DinoSteve is on PSN :o
    This is why so many of us of us enabled viewing signatures on Boards and added or PSN to our signature

In saying that, I do think the player pool willing to do the Prestige Raid is tiny since it's so unrewarding.
    We had our 6th drop out last night, and there was f**k all players playing D2 overall, never mind experienced/levelled enough to give the Prestige Mode a good run.

Granted no one knows my psn ID on boards but we spent the entire last week from the day the prestige came out looking for people in the communities where everyone can plainly see my psn ID and we couldn't get a party together we ended up going to lfg. But my point was that this game feels like its dying.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,643 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

DinoSteve wrote: »
    Granted no one knows my psn ID on boards but we spent the entire last week from the day the prestige came out looking for people in the communities where everyone can plainly see my psn ID and we couldn't get a party together we ended up going to lfg.

To be fair most of the lads on here who'd be at prestige raid level spent a fair bit of last week sherpaing scrubs like me :pac:

• Advertisement

I get that but no one showed any interest in doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,953 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

thats fair.

I've basically no interest in doing it myself.

Trying to get it done this week with most of the people i'd generally run a first raid with traditionally - but if we get it done I certainly won't be going near it again.

A lot of hassle for no reward, and I don't find it particularly fun to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

I'd imagine that's down to the rewards being bollocks. That's my reason for avoiding it anyway.

thats fair.

I've basically no interest in doing it myself.

Trying to get it done this week with most of the people i'd generally run a first raid with traditionally - but if we get it done I certainly won't be going near it again.

A lot of hassle for no reward, and I don't find it particularly fun to do.
    We did eventually get it done but you are right about it being a pain in the ass for little reward.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Ive heard so much about this not having a good endgame and thats the only reason i have not bought it for PC yet.
    I know i will enjoy the game a hell of a lot and will be left just wanting more as looter games be they shooter or rpg,arpg or whatever i love them.
    Ive so many games occupying my time right now , one of which is warframe ,similar to destiny but has almost too much to do at endgame and it fills my looter shooter needs very well but i really do like the look of D2 with a big endgame if that ever happens.
    So what exactly is there to do at in Destiny 2 endgame right now?
    I just need a summary so i can decide on whether to buy today or wait.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I'd wait if you have enough games to do.
    The story's enjoyable enough but once you rank up (a lot of which is repetitive) there's really nothing to do unless you like the pvp
    This will have a lot more content once the DLCs are added to it if it follows how D1 progressed so if you're not pushed you may as well wait.
    I am more than happy with the €60 or so I spent on the base game for what I got out of it and have no regrets of pre-purchasing the dlc.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I cant say I agree with this. His in-game name is steveeire and he is frankly, probably the most active player either clan 1 or 2 has had since release. He is on literally every day.

He has posted in communities constantly looking for people to raid with and invariably met silence. Thats not his fault and certainly not down to him having a boards name the same.

Last week when the prestige raid was released, we spent hours upon hours on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday looking for people to raid with from clan 1 and 2. We posted here, on communities, even direct messaged people and we got nowhere.....the best we could do was 5. We eventually resorted to the LFG app to find a 6th on the Friday night.

Now some of this is due to the player fall-off. Thats obvious. Bungie has made a mistake with the prestige raid. By not raising the light level or offerring strong gear......many people feel no incentive to do it. And thats fine. Thats on Bungie. And not our fault.

But the fact is, if you logged on any day over the last few weeks at PRIME TIME Clan 1 would have 6 or 7 people online, and Clan 2 would have another 6 or 7 online. This is factual, observable and obvious to people who log in every day.

The reaility is that until the DLC drops or season 2 brings big changes......we are limited to about 15 or so active players accross both clans. And we should be talking to each other more than we are.

Steve is just voicing his frustration with the divide that has happened with the boards clan and I agree with him. It's why a few members that have been here since the destiny 1 launched have left the clan within the last few weeks. There are people in clan 1 I havent spoken a word to and have never grouped for nightfalls, pvp or raids with. And surely thats a problem, no? I've made the effort. It just seems to be ignored most of the time.

I realise that when this suggestion is brought up it gets some fairly visceral resistance but for the meantime I think it would be healthier to move all the active players into the same clan. If we struggle to fill a 6 man raid or a trials group........i think it speaks volumes.

Having 100 people in a clan is pointless if only 10 of them log in every day.....and its the same 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Dcully wrote: »
    So what exactly is there to do at in Destiny 2 endgame right now?

Campaign ends at 200 power
    Endgame begins are 265 power
    Level Cap is 300 power

There are weekly "Milestones" that give gear higher gear than what you have
    • Complete the Raid
    • Do a Weekly Nightfall Strike
    • Play/Kill/Die/Win/Lose in PvP for ~5 games
    • "Flashpoints" = Do ~5 public events on a specific planet

There are also 3x Meditations, which are essentially just 3 specific hard mode missions per week

There are 3x Exotic quests and 2x other quests
    There are a handful of interim milestones before you reach the powerful ones listed above.

There is 1x Daily Milestone which could be play 3x games of PvP or do 3x challenges in PvE

Powerful gear is mostly what gets you from 265 to 300
    Getting from 200 to 254 only takes a bout 4 hours.
    Campaign takes about 10 hours the 1st time.

After ~14 hours you are at the endgame and can do 3/4 of the weekly milestones within 3 hours (per week)

After 80 hours total I was lvl300 on 2 separate characters.

Kirby wrote: »
    I cant say I agree with this. His in-game name is steveeire and he is frankly, probably the most active player either clan 1 or 2 has had since release. He is on literally every day.

He has posted in communities constantly looking for people to raid with and invariably met silence. Thats not his fault and certainly not down to him having a boards name the same.

Last week when the prestige raid was released, we spent hours upon hours on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday looking for people to raid with from clan 1 and 2. We posted here, on communities, even direct messaged people and we got nowhere.....the best we could do was 5. We eventually resorted to the LFG app to find a 6th on the Friday night.

Now some of this is due to the player fall-off. Thats obvious. Bungie has made a mistake with the prestige raid. By not raising the light level or offerring strong gear......many people feel no incentive to do it. And thats fine. Thats on Bungie. And not our fault.

But the fact is, if you logged on any day over the last few weeks at PRIME TIME Clan 1 would have 6 or 7 people online, and Clan 2 would have another 6 or 7 online. This is factual, observable and obvious to people who log in every day.

The reaility is that until the DLC drops or season 2 brings big changes......we are limited to about 15 or so active players accross both clans. And we should be talking to each other more than we are.

Steve is just voicing his frustration with the divide that has happened with the boards clan and I agree with him. It's why a few members that have been here since the destiny 1 launched have left the clan within the last few weeks. There are people in clan 1 I havent spoken a word to and have never grouped for nightfalls, pvp or raids with. And surely thats a problem, no? I've made the effort. It just seems to be ignored most of the time.

I realise that when this suggestion is brought up it gets some fairly visceral resistance but for the meantime I think it would be healthier to move all the active players into the same clan. If we struggle to fill a 6 man raid or a trials group........i think it speaks volumes.

Having 100 people in a clan is pointless if only 10 of them log in every day.....and its the same 10.

Some rant when all I was saying is I don't know what his PSN was I and not, in any way, stating he wasn't active here/there/wherever.
    Christ almighty I even said:

Didn't realise "You should put your PSN in your signature, it helps" was such an explosive subject

Doesn't help that quite a few very good games have been released the last two weeks, such as South Park and Mario Odyssey.

Doesn't help that quite a few very good games have been released the last two weeks, such as South Park and Mario Odyssey.

Pity about the way D2 End-Game turned out, but the silver lining being that there are some good games out alright.

D1 had a kind of hold over you, so even if you picked up a new game (say Bloodbourne) and played that for a few nights, you'd still end up being pulled back into D1. Gimli was the poster child for this :P

I have bought sooooooo many PS4 games over the last 3 years but never gave any of them a shot or even played them period (TLOU etc) cause i'd invariably find an excuse to play D1.

D2 on the other hand, I was only going to commit to Trials (since the whole "get better at Trials by playing more Trials" logic does hold water) cause f**k all else interests me and sure, lo-and-beyhold they yank that away.

Doing the prestige raid is a painful excuse to find "something" to play in D2. And I wasn't even a big fan of the raid in Normal mode.

I think there is merit in doing the D1 Clan PvP Comp soonish though, that would be a great laugh. Kinda sad that's what we'll use to get our Destiny belly-laugh fix :o

It's my missus b-day on Sunday, Mario Odyessy is currently in the Dublin PM Depot, with the help of god that'll get here tomorrow. She'll be only delighted. It's reviewing amazingly

• Registered Users Posts: 45,953 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

It's my missus b-day on Sunday, Mario Odyessy is currently in the Dublin PM Depot, with the help of god that'll get here tomorrow. She'll be only delighted. It's reviewing amazingly
    giving her Mario at 6.30pm on Sunday yeah?

Well if the Last of Us ends up being the 2nd coming of christ tomorrow, I'll give her Mario early :D

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Well if the Last of Us ends up being the 2nd coming of christ tomorrow, I'll give her Mario early :D

I must be getting old, these innuendos don't make any sense to me :(

Some rant when all I was saying is I don't know what his PSN was I and not, in any way, stating he wasn't active here/there/wherever.

What I said was not a rant. And if thats how you respond to such a post...well....good luck to you.

How about you read it and dicuss the point raised, no? Wasn't that what that row a month ago was about? People at the top not listening? I seem to remember reading through that thread and that seemed to be the overriding sentiment.

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I must be getting old, these innuendos don't make any sense to me :(

Would you believe I actually wrote out "I'll give it to her" and then went back and edited it cause I knew there would be an alarm go off in JonnyCivics gaf and he'd pop up here to quote me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Kirby wrote:

I was pretty vocal about a few issues at the time but I can't see what else the lads could have done.

I left the clan and was very active in D1 so I feel happy enough to answer the leaving clan part.

I wasn't using communities (Personal choice, no Drama) and didn't need the clan rewards as I've 2 characters at max power. Therefore I left the clan as others where looking to get in who needed these benefits, I even messaged a mod to say no drama involved.

I didn't post on here about leaving as I didn't want to go looking for pity likes or stir up more drama or something onto that.

And I'm still happy to accept any invites if I'm online. I am finished with destiny(positive not in a bad way) until next patch/expansion/pvp meta shift.

And I'm playing other games I backlog get over 2 years so all Good.

Generic Steve anyone if your stuck for a body and I'm online invite away I'm always happy to jump back in for the banter and a laugh I'm not hating destiny at all just enjoying the lull.

You arent the only one to leave mate.

Kirby wrote:

I know buy I post here regularly so as it popped up I offered a perspective on it.

My weekend in two pictures.

6Uqgw9O.jpg
    7Vtay9D.jpg

What I said was not a rant. And if thats how you respond to such a post...well....good luck to you.

How about you read it and dicuss the point raised, no?

I've replied below.
    To be honest, most of what you were saying seemed like a huge can of worms that had f**k all to do with what I said to Steve.
    It's not like Steve even took any offense, so I failed to see the correlation

You're absolutely correct. Over 38 months we've had more people leave the clans than any of us can count/remember.

Peoples reasons for leaving are their own, generally we don't make anyone answerable to us as to why they do it.
    Some people realise the clan we have isn't a good fit for them or they find a clan they feel is a better fit.

Not like there is a magic way to keep ~200 people 100% happy 100% of the time.
    That being said, I've always been pretty direct in my own feelings that kicking/removing people based on inactivity wouldn't create the kind of atmosphere we wanted to help foster.
    I've always tried to answer any questions about these things as best I can, even if the recipient doesn't like the answer.

You said earlier that there's only 15 people online, well, to be blunt, there's nothing at all anyone here can do about that, that's a Bungie/D2 thing.
    And no one can twist anyones arm to do any activity or log on to D2 for that matter.
    Some people don't Raid, some don't play PvP, some don't do NFs, some play exclusively solo, some only play when their friend/housemate/partner is playing.
    Maybe the 15 people who are all online all want to do or play different parts of the game in different ways.

Thankfully over 38 months there has been a minimum of overall drama as people have accepted that that is life and that is just people playing the game in a way they choose to.
    I don't think anyone wants a system where people feel massively pressured to do something they don't want to cause well "you were online, we needed a 6th, you should have jumped in and you didn't" (not that that is what you suggested)
    I can't count the amount of times we went to LFG to fill spaces for D1 Raids, and those were raids that had a greater clan-wide experience base.

Not sure the lack of general interest in the Prestige Raid is a Clan-sentric problem at all. A quick glance at Reddit/Youtube/Twitter these days attests to that.
    Wasn't that what that row a month ago was about? People at the top not listening? I seem to remember reading through that thread and that seemed to be the overriding sentiment.

I'm sorry your experience over the last few weeks hasn't necessarily aligned with many others experience over the last 3+ years.
    It's disappointing you are disappointed. But I fail to see what any of that has got to do with us.
    I'm not turning Clan 2 into a revolving door elitism system based on regular play activity in End-Game content.
    Some of the most wonderful, fun, engaging, helpful and hilarious people I've met over the last 38 months have been people I may not have even played with for months at a time.
    As far as I'm concerned, they are as welcome as the people who are logging in daily.

I just would rather not getting into a back and forth about these things (not out of any fear of lacking transparency) and clog up this thread for those who do want to come here for the General Destiny Chat.
    Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but you seem to be looking to have a "go" or whatever but tbh, I've said my piece, if anyone else in the Mod Team wants to chime in, they can work away cause I most certainly do not speak for everyone.

I don't think anyone wants elitism, just people who are willing to do stuff.

There is an actual thread in the destiny forum

clan migration/management

Probably a better place for this conversation.

This is destiny general so nothing really to do with the psn clan this is a safe space :-)

( I'm not clan anymore so don't want the drama spoiling this thread for the rest of us #makethreadgreatagain)

Maybe I'm reading it wrong.

Yeah you hit the nail on the head there.

A clan member commented that it was hard to get a raids going.
    You responded saying nobody knows his PSN tag.

I posted stating I didn't think that was relevant as he's on everyday anyway and suggested moving the active members of the community into the same clan.

You responded by calling my post a rant. It was dismissive and rude and frankly uncalled for. All I did was lay out some facts about the current situation of low activity and suggest a fix.....and you got pissy.

But whatever. I'm not going to start arguing with a person on a forum. I made a suggestion, you ignored it. It happens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Granted no one knows my psn ID on boards but we spent the entire last week from the day the prestige came out looking for people in the communities where everyone can plainly see my psn ID and we couldn't get a party together we ended up going to lfg. But my point was that this game feels like its dying.
    I don't think anyone wants elitism, just people who are willing to do stuff.

This is the issue right here. People obviously aren't willing to run the prestige raid for whatever reason. I'm not as there is no incentive. I'm not even bothered to run the NM version. A lack of interest should not be perceieved as a slight against any one individual, and I honestly don't think you are taking it that way at all.

Moving 100 actives in to the one clan will not solve any perceived issues. They still need to be willing to run the activity. You cannot force people into it. You cannot force people to meet a set number of active hours to be considered for an 'Active Clan 1 Spot'. Having Clan 2 as a holding/vetting area for clan 1 goes against everything the clan has tried to instill. It will never happen that way. (D1 led to 3 clans, but by the end, there where roughly only 85 actives).

Unless someone has every member of both clans in their friends list, visible active numbers will still be small to each individual. Until the Live team sort out the issues that are in the game, I expect numbers to remain where they are, or at least until the Osiris expansion in December.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement