Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Kirby wrote: »
    A clan member commented that it was hard to get a raids going.
    You responded saying nobody knows his PSN tag.

Because I could check if he's on my friends list and if so, and I see him online I can try help out. It's a pretty straight forward line of logic
    You responded by calling my post a rant. It was dismissive and rude and frankly uncalled for. All I did was lay out some facts about the current situation of low activity and suggest a fix.....and you got pissy.

So me saying your post is a rant is worse than you saying I'm pissy?
    Thats not in the least bit rude, dismissive or uncalled for is it?
    I made a suggestion, you ignored it. It happens.

Your suggestion was for us to kick 100 members.
    I didn't ignore it. I'm just not going to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Where exactly did I suggest kicking anyone?

I didn't, so you are talking nonsense there.

Where exactly did I suggest kicking anyone?

I didn't, so you are talking nonsense there.

Talk me through the steps required to create a Clan of only 100 active players so.

There arent 100 active players. There are about 20. You could fit every player who has logged in in the last week in Clan 1 and still have over 70 more spots.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

There arent 100 active players. There are about 20. You could fit every player who has logged in in the last week in Clan 1 and still have over 70 more spots.
    Not gonna happen. This still requires kicking the vast majority out of Clan 1. Where do they go? Clan 2? Even if all 20 actives where in Clan 2, that's only 20 spots to dish out to 100 displaced Clan 1 members. Doing this requires either Clan 3 or "bye bye everyone else". Again, not gonna happen.

Time to draw a line under this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Kick me out of the clan and I'll ****ing kill all of you.

Nah. Im kidding, I'm not in the clan.

But I would.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

It's been a while since we've had an argument in here so we were probably due one. Seen as this seems to be a PS issue again could the chat be taken over to the thread Mickeroo/Jonnycivic set up last time?

Not gonna happen. This still requires kicking the vast majority out of Clan 1. Where do they go? Clan 2? Even if all 20 actives where in Clan 2, that's only 20 spots to dish out to 100 displaced Clan 1 members. Doing this requires either Clan 3 or "bye bye everyone else". Again, not gonna happen.

Time to draw a line under this.

Nobody would have to get kicked. Are you telling me clan 1 still has 100 members? I know for sure Clan 2 doesn't. You could take the 10 active members from one and add them to another without kicking anyone.
    emmetkenny wrote: »
    It's been a while since we've had an argument in here so we were probably due one. Seen as this seems to be a PS issue again could the chat be taken over to the thread Mickeroo/Jonnycivic set up last time?

It only turned into an argument when somebody responded to suggestion with "Lolz rant!" instead of responding with "I agree, I dont agree because of X, Y and Z".

Nobody would have to get kicked. Are you telling me clan 1 still has 100 members? I know for sure Clan 2 doesn't. You could take the 10 active members from one and add them to another without kicking anyone.

It only turned into an argument when somebody responded to suggestion with "Lolz rant!" instead of responding with "I agree, I dont agree because of X, Y and Z".

It doesn't really matter who said what. It's quite boring reading this again after the last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

This still won't solve anything you've a problem with. It's an unnecessary action with no tangible difference on the perceived problem.

That's the last I'm going to say on it. Back on topic now with the thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

emmetkenny wrote:

Yeah you Xbox lads need to step up the game with the old civil wars.

On a serious note your right there's a thread for it

• Registered Users Posts: 45,952 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

So, handcannon bloom eh? PC didn't have it? Gimme that on console!

jcd5971 wrote: »

On a serious note your right there's a thread for it

We just curse each other out of it in party chat :pac:

D2 is extremely quiet on our side as well, lots of the hardcore guys have dropped off. I haven't been on since the first night of IB.

Nobody would have to get kicked. Are you telling me clan 1 still has 100 members?

It has 99 currently.
    I know for sure Clan 2 doesn't.

It has 95 currently
    You could take the 10 active members from one and add them to another without kicking anyone.

We already did this Before D2 launched

There were 3 clans.
    The most active players (aside from 4 of us who stayed/moved to Clan 2 to admin it) over 3 years got offered spaces in Clan 1 if they were in Clan 2 or 3.
    Then all the remaining players from Clan 3 were offered to move into Clan 2.

Your proposal for "most active players all in 1 clan" already happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

jcd5971 wrote: »

Ahh, sure we're always bitchin about ye PS4 lads behind your back :-D

Only one clan on Xbox, but similar issues where a lot of nights you wouldn't get too many on. Not even sure where half of them came from, I don't recognise any of the names associated with people posting here.

This day next week is gonna be interesting.... PC trials could be a great watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

This day next week is gonna be interesting.... PC trials could be a great watch.

Cue the k&m warriors versus controllers. I see Goth gets a lot of stick for using a controller. If he stomps a team , it's all 'killing noob's' / 'aim assist', just can't win.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,654 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I've not watched PC D2 but I'd be very surprised if anyone's stomping with a controller. K+M has a massive advantage in shooters, there isn't really a debate to be had about it.

AdamD wrote: »
    I've not watched PC D2 but I'd be very surprised if anyone's stomping with a controller. K+M has a massive advantage in shooters, there isn't really a debate to be had about it.

All the talk I've seen is that controllers are totally usable in d2. Aim assist, reduced recoil, no bloom.

I think it will still be the case that at the highest level kb&m will be better cause of the skill ceilings bit for the vast majority of gamers the controller is a viable input option.

Listening to dcp - opening 10 mins 100% agreeing with me that the gun shooting on PC is better on PC, when using a controller and no reason why the sane sandbox couldn't be active on console - not a kb&m issue, or frames issue, just the sandbox being different on PC in a way that isn't a result of PC specs.

No bloom.

Get rid of bloom!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,654 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Who remembers trials? I memba

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

I member.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Call to arms last night with Titan, couldn't lose. Call to arms with Warlock today, couldn't win. Puzzler.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,148 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

I feel dirty.

Walked into the end of a Heroic glimmer extraction, fought for all of 60 seconds, got an exotic engram. Decryption fulfilled a Sturm/Drang objective and gave my nice shiney Nightstalker an Orpheus Rig.

My tears will dry.

Calus on prestige.....

Oh my, that is a horrible fight.

Any tips from those that have done it? I'm thinking you need to hold off PSION punching until after it's called that the two projections are killed in the void, or is there not enough time? I would think you don't want to be swapping players mid shooting on psions or do you have to trust the two players staying to get that done?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Osiris trailer just dropped at Sony Paris conference. Out December 5th.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Osiris trailer just dropped at Sony Paris conference. Oit December 5th

looked good

Wonder what it will be - horde mode or raid? Will Atheon make a return?

is... is that...is that a JADE MFING RABBIT?

nMcXrzB.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Thought trailer was meh,most reveared guardian in history and theres not build up to his reveal.

Also hes wearing a jaffa hat,how predictable:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement