Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

EoinHef wrote: »
    Thought trailer was meh,most reveared guardian in history and theres not build up to his reveal.

Also hes wearing a jaffa hat,how predictable:D

Funny, I don't remember Osiris beating Atheon at level 29, or killing Crota, or kicking the crap out of Skolas, trespassing on Oryx ship and killing the majority of his family, or wiping Axis and his other machine goons.... But apparently Osiris is a bad ass :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Wonder what it will be - horde mode or raid? Will Atheon make a return?

no scene's of 6 guardians running anywhere so not sure about a new raid. How about a return to the vault of glass?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Funny, I don't remember Osiris beating Atheon at level 29, or killing Crota, or kicking the crap out of Skolas, trespassing on Oryx ship and killing the majority of his family, or wiping Axis and his other machine goons.... But apparently Osiris is a bad ass :confused:

In the lore he was a badass anyway,wrecked the shop at the battle of 6 fronts,was friends with saint-14 and at one point was a candidate to be head of the vanguard after saint 14 suggested him. In his search to understand the nature of the darkness he experimented and was then shunned (as in many cases with guardians who experiment).

Its thought he somehow managed to merge himself with the vex network while staying in control of his mind,unlike others before him,and may have learned the ability to time travel and exist in multiple dimensions. So who knows what type of guardian he could be when we meet him.

Sounds badass to me though:P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

syboit wrote: »
    no scene's of 6 guardians running anywhere so not sure about a new raid. How about a return to the vault of glass?

Seems weird how they worded it
    Features: Curse of Osiris adds a new chapter to the world of Destiny 2, expanding the universe by adding an all-new cinematic story with new and returning characters, a new destination to explore, Mercury and its Infinite Forest, a new social space to visit called the Lighthouse, new missions, new strikes, new raid content, new free roam activities. a world quest to complete, and more.

Why does it say Raid Content, and not just a New Raid..... concerning if they are just gonna put a fresh coat of paint on the Leviathan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Seems weird how they worded it

Why does it say Raid Content, and not just a New Raid..... concerning if they are just gonna put a fresh coat of paint on the Leviathan

If anything I'd say they will jazz up an old raid, VoG with a comeback and new gear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

dudeeile wrote: »
    If anything I'd say they will jazz up an old raid, VoG with a comeback and new gear.

Which if true is lazy and disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Which if true is lazy and disappointing.

Depends really, they could just end up using the arenas with different bosses and mechanics, who knows as it may be nothing of the sort.

I'd definitely prefer new content in expansions but happily take re-hashes as bonus content in addition.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

anything is better than this current raid, bring back crota all is forgiven.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,759 ✭✭✭✭klose

Bringing back old weapons is laziness imo, I'm sure they've a heap of interesting and fascinating exotic weapon concepts that we haven't seen before. I've seen YouTube videos saying they are vault of glass scenes in the game play too, they surely aren't going to rehash the same content 4 times? (original and updated raid and the taken King vog Misson)
    The raid content wording screams it ain't a new raid to me, if there was one it would be well worded in bold writing. I guess however it is a new location, it took destiny 1 until the taken king to see a new patrol space so that's nice to see. I'll see how it looks online before deciding on picking it up as I didn't get the season pass this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,952 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Decided to do call to arms on my warlock last night before bed.... Got my warlock helm to bring her to 305! All three can be 305 now!

Done with destiny now, dead game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

dudeeile wrote: »

The warlock seems to be wearing a variant of the vog helmet. Don't mind the old content coming back, but it should really be an addition to new content.
    Looks like telesto is returning too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Decided to do call to arms on my warlock last night before bed.... Got my warlock helm to bring her to 305! All three can be 305 now!

Done with destiny now, dead game.

I'm finding the call to arms giving me a reason to play PvP. More so than something like IB. Had my first session where I went negative KDR yesterday, since the game launched including being on the wrong end of a hilarious 3v4 Mercy. It's not that I'm getting any better more that I'm not drinking as much.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I'm finding the call to arms giving me a reason to play PvP. More so than something like IB. Had my first session where I went negative KDR yesterday, since the game launched including being on the wrong end of a hilarious 3v4 Mercy. It's not that I'm getting any better more that I'm not drinking as much.

First negative? Fook me I think I have one every day I play a few games - and considering it is a Kills+Assists/Deaths stat its even more painful to take than in D1.

Ah I'm not lighting it up or anything but yeah finding it much easier than D1. First game yesterday went 18-9 and that set me up for the rest of the call to arms thingy. Just running circles from heavy to heavy, had a full fusion at one point, got a nice double kill with one shot. They're going to need to do something with fusions, the range on those things is brutal

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

New Raid "Content" is worrying. I'm guessing no new raid just a different way to do the Leviathan one. Old raids won't be back either seeing as the planets such as Moon, Venus etc are not available in D2.

I'm guessing, 5 new missions and a Mercury strike!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

New Raid "Content" is worrying. I'm guessing no new raid just a different way to do the Leviathan one. Old raids won't be back either seeing as the planets such as Moon, Venus etc are not available in D2.

Vex gates can teleport you so it might be these new Vex have reopened the VOG and we've to go back.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,654 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Been enjoying solo crucible recently, matchmaking has felt a lot nicer in the past couple of weeks. Potentially due to team mates playing smarter now that people are more used to the game.

I'd be very worried, and annoyed, if you are right - this isn't free content.

They've got to be giving us something substantial for our cash.

AdamD wrote: »
    Been enjoying solo crucible recently, matchmaking has felt a lot nicer in the past couple of weeks.

All your usual top end foes are over lighting up PC at 100+ fps!

AdamD wrote: »
    Been enjoying solo crucible recently, matchmaking has felt a lot nicer in the past couple of weeks. Potentially due to team mates playing smarter now that people are more used to the game.

I'd imagine skill based matchmaking for the likes of you wasn't much fun in the first game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

All your usual top end foes are over lighting up PC at 100+ fps!
    No harm, might give us scrubs a chance now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

There's a belief that the Endless Forrest on Mercury will be the new End Game, in that it will have some form of Procedural Generation to it, similar to the Rift dungeons in Diablo 3. If they where talking to the Diablo guys in relation to how seasons run, it wouldn't be any stretch to say they spoke to them about other aspects too. If done right, this could be quite fun and interesting.

I finally figured out the end game in Diablo 3 thanks to those youtube videos. I've started dieing a lot more now

There's a belief that the Endless Forrest on Mercury will be the new End Game, in that it will have some form of Procedural Generation to it, similar to the Rift dungeons in Diablo 3. If they where talking to the Diablo guys in relation to how seasons run, it wouldn't be any stretch to say they spoke to them about other aspects too. If done right, this could be quite fun and interesting.

That would be awesome in my humble opinion.

I'd be very worried, and annoyed, if you are right - this isn't free content.

They've got to be giving us something substantial for our cash.

I'd doubt it they know how badly burned they got by dark below being a content light expansion.

And they got butchered for no raid in house of wolves.

I'm probably wrong of course but I'd expect they are in overdrive right now adding to this next expansion.
    Personally I see it as a test of this new engine they have built, because right now they know they need a home run here to stop the bleeding player Base.

jcd5971 wrote: »
    I'd doubt it they know how badly burned they got by dark below being a content light expansion.

And they got butchered for no raid in house of wolves.

I'm probably wrong of course but I'd expect they are in overdrive right now adding to this next expansion.
    Personally I see it as a test of this new engine they have built, because right now they know they need a home run here to stop the bleeding player Base.

wasn't high moon studios working on DLC content for a while? We should have reasonable expectation for greater content this time (but I felt we had reasonable expectation for more than we got in D2 for a start)

wasn't high moon studios working on DLC content for a while? We should have reasonable expectation for greater content this time (but I felt we had reasonable expectation for more than we got in D2 for a start)

True

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

They will expand it and we will all wonder why we were giving out about it in the first place. Then we will all move on to different games and forget about d2 completely :P

jonnycivic wrote: »
    They will expand it and we will all wonder why we were giving out about it in the first place. Then we will all move on to different games and forget about d2 completely :P

Trailers for TLOU2 and Detroit : Become Human blew my mind. With the world gone mad I found myself thinking I hope I live long enough to complete TLOU2 yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I have given up the ghost on the Prestige Raid for this week, gave it a shot last week but pumped so many hours into it for no reward (got 3/4 of it done at the expense of my sanity).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement