Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

CDBWhoop wrote: »
    Count me in for that Conovar, should be on by 9

Count me in also, will do it on lock as Titan at Golgo check point. Will be on from 8:30 ish lads

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Well im up for a raid at 9, should be home by then so if I am just send me an ould invite :D psn - jonnycivic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

ahh the joys of grinding, just got the 25 kills with sword in crucible, and everyone of them with the hilt of the sword :) think I got lucky in one game, looked like a few were grinding headshots (probably for imprecation) and was able to get in close for the kill.

If anyone gets a cp for atheon let me know, I need to kill him for my NTTE quest, thanks...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,544 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Got to love getting a Fusion drop in HM with a lower rating than the one I got in NM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,259 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Got to love getting a Fusion drop in HM with a lower rating than the one I got in NM

From the Totems and Warpriest I got 4 mouldering shards and 4 black wax idols. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,341 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Did you run NM this week before HM ? If not the Fusion was your NM drop and you probably got shards as your HM drop.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I done my 5 Strikes Quest last night, after my 3rd one i said I would throw on a 3 of coins for my last 2 games..... I got an exotic in both of them :D

First one I got was "Hereafter" and the second was "No Backup Plans" gauntlets :D My light level is now around the 280 mark :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Bohrio wrote: »
    Just for those looking for a nice high impact sniper the gunsmith has the omolon eirene rr4, excellent sniper specially if it has luck in the chamber (1 shot kill in PvP)

Reserve it now and maybe it comes with a decent roll next week

Hope you listened to me guys! Gunsmith has the Eirenne RR4 with luck in the chamber this week waiting to be collected! :)

Also has the Suros PDX 45, its a hawksaw type pulse rifle, I used it in trials this week and it is very good, if next week he sells it with a proper roll it could be a great buy! so get one as well if you can

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

When I was closing in on 300 I stopped opening exotic engrams. Once you hit 300 they decrypt into 300 or 310 exotics. Before 300 I think they only decript as 290 - 300.
    Once you hit 300 you should have a nice stash of exotic engrams to open.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    When I was closing in on 300 I stopped opening exotic engrams. Once you hit 300 they decrypt into 300 or 310 exotics. Before 300 I think they only decript as 290 - 300.
    Once you hit 300 you should have a nice stash of exotic engrams to open.

can still open at 290 once you pass the 300 mark.

I opened an engram yesterday and got a 290 telesto - which was quickly turned into an exotic shard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

From the Totems and Warpriest I got 4 mouldering shards and 4 black wax idols. :mad:

Drops for me over last two weeks have been worse then appalling, got to oryx tonight and one piece armour lower then I have. Beat oryx 3 times last week and got NOTHING only shards and ****.

Better improve rapidly as game is getting tired rapidly, nothing to do now really

Sorry yes they can still open as 290 - the benefit is they can open as 310 once you hit 300.

can still open at 290 once you pass the 300 mark.

I opened an engram yesterday and got a 290 telesto - which was quickly turned into an exotic shard.

Destiny-Bungie-setzt-der-Loot-Cave-ein-Denkmal-meme-5.jpg:D

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Drops for me over last two weeks have been worse then appalling, got to oryx tonight and one piece armour lower then I have. Beat oryx 3 times last week and got NOTHING only shards and ****.

Better improve rapidly as game is getting tired rapidly, nothing to do now really

Whatever about drops from warpriest or totems or gogoroth - a good drop from Oryx should be a certainty. You should be absolutely certain of getting a 310 (minimum) weapon or piece of armour from Oryx, imo. Obviously a 310 item may be of no use to you, but that would be the luck of the draw part. To get only shards or nowt off him should simply not be possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

jonny24ie wrote: »
    I done my 5 Strikes Quest last night, after my 3rd one i said I would throw on a 3 of coins for my last 2 games..... I got an exotic in both of them :D

First one I got was "Hereafter" and the second was "No Backup Plans" gauntlets :D My light level is now around the 280 mark :D

You're raid ready now.
    Wonda-Boy wrote: »

Trials?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I've stopped hoping for drops in pretty much all activities, that way I'm never let down, just playing for the fun and banter now at this stage. That being said I think I have all the Exotic Weapons and Armour in some form or another and have 3 characters 310 plus so I'm sitting fairly pretty.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I've been out of my house for about 4 months now but I'm back in. I should be able to join back into Fireteams now.

I'd really like to try out the new Raid over the weekend. I've got a Warlock at Light Level 295 right now.

I'm on PS4. Will anyone be willing to bring along someone new Saturday night maybe? I'm usually on around 10/10.30.

dudeeile wrote: »
    You're raid ready now.

Yeah I am indeed, gonna keep going with my hop in and do some quests and now some Strikes for the Legendary marks etc as I have a few Legendaries I have to upgrade and by my reckoning this evening I could be up to about 290+ light :D
    Cormac... wrote: »
    I've stopped hoping for drops in pretty much all activities, that way I'm never let down, just playing for the fun and banter now at this stage. That being said I think I have all the Exotic Weapons and Armour in some form or another and have 3 characters 310 plus so I'm sitting fairly pretty.

Destiny never lets me down, I got another drop for the sleeper simulant last night so I only have 2 more to go now :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

awhhh yiss my Taken King arrived yesterday :D

Anyone here using a monitor with their PS4?

I need to get mine off the TV so I've been looking at options online and just thought I'd check in here before making the splurge.

As it won't be just dedicated to a console and it'll have further uses down the line, I've narrowed the options down based on IPS technology and as consoles only offer up 60fps, the list is even smaller if you don't want to spend ridiculous money.

Budget in the region of €300, so my first choice is the Eizo Foris FS2434, being an American monitor, I don't expect much experience this side of the pond.

It's got a good response time for an IPS model and comes in on budget, shipped from Amazon UK. For an Asus model with similar spec you're looking at about €700. I haven't managed to locate anything from Dell to match this as their response time seems to stay around 8ms, these are probably the most used here all the same.

I'll post this over in PC Building but just thought I'd drop it here first.

• Advertisement

I've been out of my house for about 4 months now but I'm back in. I should be able to join back into Fireteams now.

I'd really like to try out the new Raid over the weekend. I've got a Warlock at Light Level 295 right now.

I'm on PS4. Will anyone be willing to bring along someone new Saturday night maybe? I'm usually on around 10/10.30.

Sounds like a Generic Drunken Sherpa job to me!

I'll likely be on Saturday night, and will prob look to run a normal mode raid with my hunter.

Monitors? Scuff Controllers? Game Chairs?
    No wonder I'm getting murdered in PvP.

You can buy a mod/contrption that allows you to use an XBOX One Elite pad with the PS4 (no idea how/if button mapping is supported). If you don't buy it you may as well never play PvP again. straight up. legit.

Sounds like a Generic Drunken Sherpa job to me!

I'll likely be on Saturday night, and will prob look to run a normal mode raid with my hunter.

I will more than likely be on unless a young lass gives me a better offer :P

I want both a new chair and a new headset :o

No the issue is all the drink :P

Don't forget streaming and green screens!

Cormac... wrote: »
    I want both a new chair and a new headset :o

What headset tho?

No the issue is all the drink :P

:pac:

• Advertisement

What headset tho?

Turtle Beach Stealth 800p, they are like €250+
    dudeeile wrote: »
    Don't forget streaming and green screens!

Those screens were only like £5, said I'd treat myself

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement