Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

jcd5971 wrote: »
    anything interesting on trials on pc?

how did the pc crowd take to it.

It's even easier to DDOS on PC than on console. I dread to think what its like. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 45,952 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

anything interesting on trials on pc?

how did the pc crowd take to it.

Was watching some streams, it looks a different game. So much faster. Do much more reflex based.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

The game on PC is a joy to behold, looks truly stunning.

As for the headaches the PvP will bring thats another kettle of sardines.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    The game on PC is a joy to behold, looks truly stunning.

As for the headaches the PvP will bring thats another kettle of sardines.

Had shesnaps on for a bit last night cause she was the bungie bounty - she was having huge difficulty with playing on xbox after pc.

The only reason I am glad I can't afford the PC rig I'd want for destiny.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Do pc get the PS exclusive stuff?
    As in is it console exclusive or proper PS4 only.

• Advertisement

Do pc get the PS exclusive stuff?
    As in is it console exclusive or proper PS4 only.
    Don't think it has been said.

Speaking of which. Only realised today ice never played what I think is the ps exclusive strike - a taken one. 2 months in, not seen it..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Don't think it has been said.

Speaking of which. Only realised today ice never played what I think is the ps exclusive strike - a taken one. 2 months in, not seen it..

I've actually never played the arms dealer one, never seems to come up for me.

Lads in work are at me to get this on the pc but I'm just trying to will myself into it, slog of the campaign again is what's stopping me for now

Tazzimus wrote: »
    I've actually never played the arms dealer one, never seems to come up for me.

Lads in work are at me to get this on the pc but I'm just trying to will myself into it, slog of the campaign again is what's stopping me for now

You can do arms dealer right now - its the nightfall! I failed it a few times on prestige last night.:(

Just completed the challenge mode there on bathers, the emblem is nice and you get twice the loot but I think I will stick with the prestige raid emblem.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Just completed the challenge mode there on bathers, the emblem is nice and you get twice the loot but I think I will stick with the prestige raid emblem.

You do it on normal? Heard datto saying zero point to ring it on prestige. Nothing different for doing it, just a crap load harder.

• Advertisement

Ahh yeah just normal, its not that hard TBH. Just leave one chap in the water in the middle at all times shooting ads while the rest rotate clockwise. Just takes a tad longer.

You can do arms dealer right now - its the nightfall! I failed it a few times on prestige last night.:(

Ps4 is 60 miles away so not at the mo :) might try Monday before the reset, although trying to get people running the nf after Tuesday can be a bit tricky sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Ps4 is 60 miles away so not at the mo :) might try Monday before the reset, although trying to get people running the nf after Tuesday can be a bit tricky sometimes.

Might do it with you, haven't been on Destiny since before I went to Budapest.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,643 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

I can do it Monday as well, been away most of the week so didn't get a chance yet

How do stats work in Destiny? According to the game and DIM my stat spread on my Hunter is:

Mobility: 5
    Resistence: 6
    Recovery: 4.

But if I add up the stats on the armor itself it should be higher than that.

Mobility: 5
    Resistence: 9
    Recovery: 7

Whats the disparity between the armor stats and the overall stats? I have a Resistance mod and a Recovery mod on the armor, but surely everything should be getting reported? Looks like the stats on the Warlock are matching up.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,654 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

My hunters a 5-4-4 so no idea how you'd be getting 5-9-7

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

AdamD wrote: »
    My hunters a 5-4-4 so no idea how you'd be getting 5-9-7

My titan is like 5-7-4 i think but some stats can go way up from what I have seen because of the mods etc.

Recovery Hunter boots are apparently bugged so you don't actually get any recovery from them.

9 resiliance seems way off though

I know the numbers seem like they are way too high for what should be available, but they are the numbers reported by both DIM and the Companion App.

Mobility Resistance Recovery
    Helmet AA1 RoadComplex 1 2 2
    Arms AA1 RoadComplex 1 2 2
    Chest Raiden Flux 2 2 2
    Legs AA1 RoadComplex 1 3 1

Helmet has Impact Absorbsion mod and the Boots have a Self-Repairing mod.

It must be the numbers being reported on DIM and Gear Manager are simply incorrect.

I checked Raiden Flux online and it says the stats start with Mobility 2, Resistance 2 - with the option to increase Resistance or Recovery - neither of those options should result in a 2-2-2 spread. Might be a similar issue on other pieces.

• Advertisement

Is that maybe the total stats on each piece of gear before you pick between say resiliance and recovery?

Is that maybe the total stats on each piece of gear before you pick between say resiliance and recovery?

I dunno.

The Warlock and Titan builds match between what the armor says in DIM and GM when I look at them, and the overall stats reported by DIM too.

So its only the Hunter where the numbers aren't adding up.

I would guess it is a bug in the display on DIM and GM because the stat spread I have (overall) looks like a viable number for a Hunter, adding the armor numbers up seems way too high, even with mods.

Do you lads put much stock in the mobility stat?

I tend to have it at 0 for the Warlock and Titan, doesn't seem to do a whole lot.
    I think the gear I use for running the raid is something like
    Warlock: 0-4-10
    Titan: 0-7-6

Do you lads put much stock in the mobility stat?

I tend to have it at 0 for the Warlock and Titan, doesn't seem to do a whole lot.
    I think the gear I use for running the raid is something like
    Warlock: 0-4-10
    Titan: 0-7-6

None at all. Walking and strafe speed aint a big thing. Even in the dogs section i'm not thinking "IF ONLY I COULD HAVE WALKED QUICKER".

• Registered Users Posts: 12,654 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Think strafe speed is a little overlooked in PvP, pretty important in 1v1s. I'd still get 4 resilience and put most of the rest into recovery where possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,490 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Scandalous that the weakest class in the game can't roll for high recovery or resilience. Hunters getting the shaft as usual. Had a great tether the other day in PvP. Right in front of a Striker in his super, did absolutely nothing. Slammed right on thru it, killing me. Love it.

Scandalous that the weakest class in the game can't roll for high recovery or resilience. Hunters getting the shaft as usual. Had a great tether the other day in PvP. Right in front of a Striker in his super, did absolutely nothing. Slammed right on thru it, killing me. Love it.

Can't use it as a shutdown super unfortunately - has to be a trap and even then it may not work.

There is no way I would be running any char. with zero mobility especially in pvp you would be a sitting fat duck. I usually have it on at least 2 for pve and 4 for pvp with most points going into recovery as apparently its the only stat actually working at the moment....unless the last few patches have fixed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

to be honest I cant see why any hunter is running anything other than golden gun:confused:

• Advertisement

Thats because you are a noob.

I run void shadow walker as I am not a selfish hunter fook and am more of a team player then 99% of the self centred swines who play the class......

"Ohhh look 250 million kajillian damage on calus, I am a legend with my celestial nighthawk hunter"

LMFAO

You know who you are!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement