Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    There is no way I would be running any char. with zero mobility especially in pvp you would be a sitting fat duck. I usually have it on at least 2 for pve and 4 for pvp with most points going into recovery as apparently its the only stat actually working at the moment....unless the last few patches have fixed it.

Ive ran it with 0 in PvP or very very close it it a few times and never noticed anthing different. In fairness floaty titan rocket kills dont require mobility :D

• Registered Users Posts: 45,952 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

There is no way I would be running any char. with zero mobility especially in pvp you would be a sitting fat duck. I usually have it on at least 2 for pve and 4 for pvp with most points going into recovery as apparently its the only stat actually working at the moment....unless the last few patches have fixed it.

I just don't find my walking speed is a big issue.

Thought it could be an answer as to why i die so much - not mobile enough while ADSing (strafing).

My movement is generally jumping, sprinting and sliding - whether I am a second quicker over 100 meters walking doesn't really seem to be an issue. But as I say, my strafe isn't good enough so maybe if I worked on that i would value the speed there more. I do wonder how high the mobility has to go for that strafe speed to be a real differenciator. Is 2 over 0 really going to be a significant difference?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

Thats because you are a noob.

how did your trails go last night? :D;)

SeanHarty wrote: »
    to be honest I cant see why any hunter is running anything other than golden gun:confused:

Neutral game on the other classes is considered better, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,490 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Can't use it as a shutdown super unfortunately - has to be a trap and even then it may not work.

Which is madness, given that is the entire concept of the super. Bungie really went all out in messing about Hunter subclasses. Garbage nades, Dodge on a cooldown, weakest supers by a country mile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Thought it could be an answer as to why i die so much - not mobile enough while ADSing (strafing).

My movement is generally jumping, sprinting and sliding - whether I am a second quicker over 100 meters walking doesn't really seem to be an issue. But as I say, my strafe isn't good enough so maybe if I worked on that i would value the speed there more. I do wonder how high the mobility has to go for that strafe speed to be a real differenciator. Is 2 over 0 really going to be a significant difference?

Yeah its pure strife related where you will be so predictable and get hammered, well that is my case anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

how did your trails go last night? :D;)

No idea noob, I did not play any trials last night......:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Which is madness, given that is the entire concept of the super. Bungie really went all out in messing about Hunter subclasses. Garbage nades, Dodge on a cooldown, weakest supers by a country mile.

Sure everyone was banging on about how great the arc strider subclass was in the begining and now its all pants :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Has done alright by me so far :)
    I'm no pvp god but I can generally hold my own, mobility seems to make little to no difference. I'd be much more invested in Resilience and Recovery

• Registered Users Posts: 12,654 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Scandalous that the weakest class in the game can't roll for high recovery or resilience. Hunters getting the shaft as usual. Had a great tether the other day in PvP. Right in front of a Striker in his super, did absolutely nothing. Slammed right on thru it, killing me. Love it.
    I don't really buy into this Hunter being weak stuff. Its statistically the best class for W/L and K/D in PvP at the moment.

Dodge is extremely underrated by people. I find it way more useful than the rift.

to be honest I cant see why any hunter is running anything other than golden gun:confused:
    I've been using Nightstalker, the neutral game with invisibility is incredible. Definitely my top choice at the moment.

Not sure on the differences but 1 thing I've found handy is changing my controller layout so that I now crouch using R3, so its easy to duck your head mid gunfight if they're headshotting you causing them to miss. Only takes an hour or two to get used to the change, makes it easier to slide too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I hate FPSs that don't have the option to put duck on the r3 button. I can map it on the console but it's such a pain.

Don't believe mobility, resistance or even recovery make that much difference to a causal pvpr such as myself. Sure it'll help out in certain situations but won't significantly improve you whichever option you go imo.

I'm using the subclasses I used in D1 for PvP but changed one.
    Striker
    Blade Dancer
    Stormcaller - changed to Voidwalker

AdamD wrote: »
    I don't really buy into this Hunter being weak stuff. Its statistically the best class for W/L and K/D in PvP at the moment.

Dodge is extremely underrated by people. I find it way more useful than the rift.

I've been using Nightstalker, the neutral game with invisibility is incredible. Definitely my top choice at the moment.

Not sure on the differences but 1 thing I've found handy is changing my controller layout so that I now crouch using R3, so its easy to duck your head mid gunfight if they're headshotting you causing them to miss. Only takes an hour or two to get used to the change, makes it easier to slide too.

For PvP - most ineffectual supers, slowest class, weakest grenades. No Blink, dodge on a cooldown now. Can't spec for high resilience or recovery, weaker melees relative to the other classes.

I don't see how you could say that they are in a strong place compared to the other classes or to D1.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,654 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

For PvP - most ineffectual supers, slowest class, weakest grenades. No Blink, dodge on a cooldown now. Can't spec for high resilience or recovery, weaker melees relative to the other classes.

I don't see how you could say that they are in a strong place compared to the other classes or to D1.

https://guardian.gg/2/class-stats

The stats say otherwise..:P

They have the best movement by a mile, the others are debateable, Nightstalker super is trash but smoke and dodge are great. Golden Gun is the game's strongest super.

AdamD wrote: »
    https://guardian.gg/2/class-stats

The stats say otherwise..:P

They have the best movement by a mile

I'll remember that the next time I pop Arcstrider and watch my opponents jog away from my desperate flails...:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

AdamD wrote:
    They have the best movement by a mile

I agree on this 100%. I've mained a Hunter for 90% of D2. My warlock is fat, sluggish and slow in comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

While I agree the hunter supers are not good for PVP, it's still the best class for me. When I switched from Titan to Hunter, I was doing way better in PVP and PVE too.

I can't get behind the decision to put Dodge on a cooldown, especially given that Blink was removed and is also not on a similar cooldown for Locks.

Also, Tether is unacceptably broken at the moment, worse than it ever was in D1.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

I'm leveling my hunter now, I hardly drift off gunslinger if I'm honest, but he feels so much faster than my warlock it's probably not as much as I'm imagining but feels faster.

Also I use the 6 shooter golden gun tree in pvp and spam the 6 rounds into cap points etc, get more kills than you'd think.

jcd5971 wrote: »
    I'm leveling my hunter now, I hardly drift off gunslinger if I'm honest, but he feels so much faster than my warlock it's probably not as much as I'm imagining but feels faster.

Also I use the 6 shooter golden gun tree in pvp and spam the 6 rounds into cap points etc, get more kills than you'd think.
    I mained GS on d1 but I just can't play it without the trip mines/ahamkara duo (it's not the same in d2)

I mained GS on d1 but I just can't play it without the trip mines/ahamkara duo (it's not the same in d2)

They got rid of the double trips too, cause reasons...:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Grenades are **** across the board really (except titan pulse) so I keep my incendiary grenade for enemies low health, the burn coupled with foe tracer exotic helm(bonus damage to low health targets) actually kind of helps confirm a few kills.

I agree though I thoroughly miss ahmamkara double trip mines getting kills a few minutes after you've thrown them.

I have a d1 clip somewhere of me throwing 2 trips then getting killed, I respawn in go to capture the point and get a triple kill from the two trips I had fotmrgotten about earlier.

jcd5971 wrote: »
    Grenades are **** across the board really (except titan pulse) so I keep my incendiary grenade for enemies low health, the burn coupled with foe tracer exotic helm(bonus damage to low health targets) actually kind of helps confirm a few kills.

I agree though I thoroughly miss ahmamkara double trip mines getting kills a few minutes after you've thrown them.

I have a d1 clip somewhere of me throwing 2 trips then getting killed, I respawn in go to capture the point and get a triple kill from the two trips I had fotmrgotten about earlier.
    oh double trip mines - how much I loved you.

Playing some D1 PvP tonight. It really is light-years more fun. Supers, abilities, interesting weapons. Yes, still getting sniped to pieces by twitchers, shotguns et al. I don't care.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

When I was into COD I really liked it over several years. Was giddy for each new game and thoroughly embraced them. Always ended up going back to MW2 at some point, where it all began (for me).

Playing some D1 PvP tonight. It really is light-years more fun. Supers, abilities, interesting weapons. Yes, still getting sniped to pieces by twitchers, shotguns et al. I don't care.

oooohhhhh, look at the try-hard over here getting practice in for the boards.ie pvp comp that almost certainly won't happen.

Gauntlet is challenge mode this week.
    Can’t repeat jobs is seemingly the name of the game this time. Assume that is per rotation.

So you have to run rotating plates - so same person is always shooting from the home plate, same person is always the one punching psions on a single run.

Then you have to have a different person running, a different person on home plate and a different person punching the psion the next run, and again the run after.

Couldn’t be arsed!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

You sure?
    I thought it was just different person running each round

You sure?
    I thought it was just different person running each round
    Datto says can't repeat jobs. Seen other saying can't do static plates either.

If it was just a different runner it would just be the presteige mode standard, which wouldn't make sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Datto says can't repeat jobs. Seen other saying can't do static plates either.

If it was just a different runner it would just be the presteige mode standard, which wouldn't make sense.

Ah righteo
    , was not aware that was the Prestige way.

• Advertisement

Shaxx will be dropping 300 gear all week, apparently.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement