Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

I've almost got my Titan up to where he needs to be.
    Which character would guys recommend I start next please?

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

The Hunter gets a lot of slack lately but I am a huge fan of the dodge & auto reload perk. You can also get a 6 shot GG perk too.. I'm a big fan!

Warlock is an all rounder - Nothing too special IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

This raid is just underwhelming in every way. Just no desire to even run it.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,952 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

jcd5971 wrote: »
    This raid is just underwhelming in every way. Just no desire to even run it.

Just wait til we get Curse of Osiris and the new raid content is just a new room.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

The Hunter gets a lot of slack lately but I am a huge fan of the dodge & auto reload perk. You can also get a 6 shot GG perk too.. I'm a big fan!

Warlock is an all rounder - Nothing too special IMO

Auto reload?! I like the sound of that.
    Sold.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

titan - actium war rig - sweet business

thanks me later.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Auto reload?! I like the sound of that.
    Sold.

Hold on.

Warlock.

Space.
    giphy.gif
    https://twitter.com/TakeMeHaya/status/887467690670948353

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I'll rank up a Hunter and Warlock for you just pm me your PSN and bank account details.
    Seriously though, the natural order of things is Titan, Warlock and then Hunter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I'll rank up a Hunter and Warlock for you just pm me your PSN and bank account details.
    Seriously though, the natural order of things is Titan, Warlock and then Hunter.

I went warlock, titan, meh

Wanted the DO hunter helmet, scout rifle, hand cannon and auto rifle from faction rallies. Given my experience last time I expected frustration.

Out of my first 6 packages....

Helmet check.
    Scout check.
    Other scout check
    Hand cannon check.
    Auto rifle check.

Boom. Done with faction rallies for the season. :-D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

9 x Faction Tokens per minute - Every minute till Bungie patch it!!

Head to to European Dead Zone and Load into The Winding Cove section of the map.

Head into the lost sector and clear it out. Collect loot from the crate (3 x tokens). Just above you, the exit door will open, head out and make your way up the corridor.. once you see the new sector name appear on the bottom left of your screen, turn around and head back into the lost sector room.

As you approach the door, it will open for you allowing you to re-enter and open the lost sector crate again.

Exit, rinse and repeat.

Once you get into a flow, you can get in and get out 3 times a minute = 9 tokens.

I expect this to be patched soon so make hay!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

That sounds like even less fun than farming public events tbh

That sounds like even less fun than farming public events tbh

Oh, so you are one of those people that like the S in FPS. :-p

Can't see Dead Orbit winning this time round. Thought they tried everything last time giving NM the nicest gear, FWC the best guns and DO nothing. This time they've upped the ante given NM an awesome looking sword, FWC a real snazzy Fusion and Dead Orbit a f***ing Grenade Launcher, it even looks s**te

Can't see Dead Orbit winning this time round. Thought they tried everything last time giving NM the nicest gear, FWC the best guns and DO nothing. This time they've upped the ante given NM an awesome looking sword, FWC a real snazzy Fusion and Dead Orbit a f***ing Grenade Launcher, it even looks s**te

I probably wont be on to take part really but id still be going for DO, wanna try get the full gear set, missing the boots and gauntlets

I have no sense of style irl which unfortunately carries over to gaming, My Diablo character looks like something vomited on her

I have no sense of style irl which unfortunately carries over to gaming, My Diablo character looks like something vomited on her

all I could think when you said that :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

SeanHarty wrote: »
    all I could think when you said that :pac:

I would have said Ghom to be honest

hqdefault.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

The faction token farm on EDZ is a busy spot, constantly lads spawning in as your running back and forth. A tad boring but chatting away in a group you don't see the time fly.

440 tokens later have my full fwc set, not bad at all.

syboit wrote: »
    The faction token farm on EDZ is a busy spot, constantly lads spawning in as your running back and forth. A tad boring but chatting away in a group you don't see the time fly.

where is this? and how long did it take for that many tokens?

• Advertisement

syboit wrote: »

If it is still up on the weekend I'll probably kill some time there, but i'll probably try to actually play the game if I get on tonight/tomorrow. Some PvP, Nightfall, Raid etc.

Its a great farming method but I'm not that pushed about any of the rewards at this point. If one of the factions starts dropping 300 gear (for infusion) that could change my mind a bit.

Have the NM scout, auto, shotgun and smg. Not bothered about their armor for any class. (all from last rally)
    Have the FWC Auto, Scout (I think) and Hand Cannon. Again, don't want their armor. Want the pulse though. (all from last rally)
    Have the DO Auto, Scout, Scout, Hand Cannon, Auto, and Hunter Helmet. Not bothered about anything else. (all from this rally, 6 packages last night).

9 x Faction Tokens per minute - Every minute till Bungie patch it!!

Head to to European Dead Zone and Load into The Winding Cove section of the map.

Head into the lost sector and clear it out. Collect loot from the crate (3 x tokens). Just above you, the exit door will open, head out and make your way up the corridor.. once you see the new sector name appear on the bottom left of your screen, turn around and head back into the lost sector room.

As you approach the door, it will open for you allowing you to re-enter and open the lost sector crate again.

Exit, rinse and repeat.

Once you get into a flow, you can get in and get out 3 times a minute = 9 tokens.

I expect this to be patched soon so make hay!!!

500 hundred per hour or something like that if you want to sink that time into it.

Its in the winding cove (EDZ), there is a lost sector there called the weep ?

Basically finish that, jump above the loot box open the door and move into the next section. Turn around head back and the door will re-open and you can open the loot box again.

Here's a vid for it
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCY9nTbKHx0

reddit are saying 9 tokens a minute , did a run there this morning for around 40mins, stopped at around 500, as I'll get the rest doing power engram stuff.

The limit of 30 packages is still in place, and I believe aswell that tokens don't carry over

Up early today soloing the Drang quest. Got the exotic but carried onto the boss. Had him down to maybe 5-10% and he knocked me off the edge. Went into work seriously annoyed. Work hasn't improved my mood.

Up early today soloing the Drang quest. Got the exotic but carried onto the boss. Had him down to maybe 5-10% and he knocked me off the edge. Went into work seriously annoyed. Work hasn't improved my mood.

thankfully you only need to kill the servitor in that strike which is solo-able. Finishing that boss solo in the end part is a right pain in the neck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

syboit wrote:
    thankfully you only need to kill the servitor in that strike which is solo-able. Finishing that boss solo in the end part is a right pain in the neck.

I must go back and try this again. Connection issues were awful the last time I tried.

Started using some different weapons last few days, hrof kinetic smg with 2 counterbalance mods is ****ing unreasonably effective at close to medium range, reminds me of last word in a strange kind of way.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

jcd5971 wrote: »
    Started using some different weapons last few days, hrof kinetic smg with 2 counterbalance mods is ****ing unreasonably effective at close to medium range, reminds me of last word in a strange kind of way.

Lincoln Green is the same mid to far, melts Mida users.

Lincoln Green is the same mid to far, melts Mida users.

Nice shout I have about 607 of them in the vault as well so will give it a run.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Halfdan-D I'm finding is a reasonable alternative to Origin Story, bit slower firing but serious range on it and slightly higher damage.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement