Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,148 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Halfdan-D I'm finding is a reasonable alternative to Origin Story, bit slower firing but serious range on it and slightly higher damage.

It's one of my fave's also, I keep going back to it when I need an AR.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

_CreeD_ wrote: »
    It's one of my fave's also, I keep going back to it when I need an AR.

Got the dead orbit one tonight, similar to the scathelock also with high cal, liking it so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

TWaB is up now with some interesting info.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/46467

The main points being changes to Guided Games coming on stream with CoO, and even more importantly that the weekly reset time will be changed to 1700 UTC from the current 900 UTC when CoO goes live on December 5th.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,952 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

The main points being changes to Guided Games coming on stream with CoO, and even more importantly that the weekly reset time will be changed to 1700 UTC from the current 900 UTC when CoO goes live on December 5th.
    So have to assume CoO won't go live til that time.

Not happy with any dev that locks away content you pay for, for the majority of the release day. Should absolutely be live from midnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I've come to the conclusion Cadaye 6's Treasure Hunt is the most pointless thing in the game. Costs 20-25G, chests in far flung places, 15-10% there's nothing in them and 75-85% what's in them is crap.

Have a couple left over from EDZ & not opened any this week. I'm going to have those little ace symbols splattered all over my maps if this keeps up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I've come to the conclusion Cadaye 6's Treasure Hunt is the most pointless thing in the game. Costs 20-25G, chests in far flung places, 15-10% there's nothing in them and 75-85% what's in them is crap.

Have a couple left over from EDZ & not opened any this week. I'm going to have those little ace symbols splattered all over my maps if this keeps up.

couldn't agree more, I did them for the first few weeks and the best I ever got was a coldheart, every other time I got sweet f all.

why anyone does anything but public events after the powerful engram stuff is beyond me

• Registered Users Posts: 8,761 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

There's also this little piece at the start -
    High Fidelity

The holiday season is nigh, so you might be compiling your wish list. The PlayStation 4 Pro and the Xbox One X are now both out there in the wild, and either of them would make a great gift – even if it’s one you buy for yourself. We’ve seen a lot of questions about whether or not Destiny 2 would scale to meet the potential of new hardware. On this festive occasion, the answer is “Yes!”

Is adaptive 4k a sony exclusive? :pac:

SeanHarty wrote: »
    couldn't agree more, I did them for the first few weeks and the best I ever got was a coldheart, every other time I got sweet f all.

why anyone does anything but public events after the powerful engram stuff is beyond me

Just something else to eat up 'in game' time. Chance of an exotic or new emblem is the main reason I do them, and its not like I can't afford the glimmer anyways, not much else to spend it on.

Though on the exotic front I am getting near the end of them now, think I'm short 3 armour pieces for the warlock.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,490 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Exotic dupes are really irritating the **** out of me lately. How many times can I get Lucky Pants and Foetracer in a row? It's the 4th year of Destiny, can they seriously not get a bloody algorithm to mitigate for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Exotic dupes are really irritating the **** out of me lately. How many times can I get Lucky Pants and Foetracer in a row? It's the 4th year of Destiny, can they seriously not get a bloody algorithm to mitigate for this?

Ohmergod no end game nothing to grind for

Ohmergod I have to grind for exotics.

Only joking dupes do indeed suck

• Advertisement

got three pairs of the same boots in a row the other day.

There's nothing quite like rushing eagerly back to the Tower to decrypt yet another Fighting Lion.
    You can't even infuse it into anything worthwhile.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I think the only weapons I'm missing now are Coldheart, Skyburner's Oath, and the raid shotgun.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

Bungie certainly have an algorithm for restricting the exotics I really want. No Bungie, I don't want 10 pairs of Transversive steps. How about just one Crown of Tempests?? Please???

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Annoyingly, too much weighting towards duplicates was another issue from D1 that they "fixed" and brought back for D2.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Its funny, wasnt there loads of talk about 'smart loot' and how this wouldnt be a problem.

There's nothing quite like rushing eagerly back to the Tower to decrypt yet another Fighting Lion.
    You can't even infuse it into anything worthwhile.

Rollercoaster of emotions. Punching the air when you finally get what you want.

Bought the sweet business from Xur and felt cheated, didn't last long, decrypted 2 more the following week :)

this could be the first mention of ps4 exclusive stuff coming with the new DLC,

---
    Everyeye.it : In addition to the new maps, what changes will come to Destiny 2 PVP? Will we have new modes and playlists?

Dave Matthews (bungie) : "The expansion will contain three new maps , two available for everyone, and one for PS4 users.
    ---

coming from Wolfenstein, playing the titan in pvp and he feels soooooooslow

had to change loadout to the Midas

Did the three call to arms milestones yesterday where my kdr proportionally dropped in direct correlation with alcohol consumed. Early on with the Walock (aka the second best character) I went to town with the IB fusion. Killed an enemy off a point he just captured and a 10 kill-streak, went to recapture, two team mates jumped on (???), so I put down a rift and left to guard a door. Just as we had it a striker activated, burst in the door I was "guarding". I can only imagine his disappointment. Hours later I started feeling real bad for the guy.

• Advertisement

Congrats to the lads making it flawless for the first time.

I can only imagine 3 of the guardians were turned deaf by the 4th when that last opponent fell. :D

I'm not jealous at all of your success. I'm perfectly happy with my 4 and 3 card.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,654 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I think my moral support in the party chat was the difference maker :P

Noise levels went pretty high when Generic (?) got a triple nova to win the last game! Chimp's nova tips and tricks obviously paid off

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Well done on flawless did ye get any good drops

• Registered Users Posts: 10,490 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Anyone on tonight to for some PvP?

may be on later if you fancy a few games?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

jcd5971 wrote: »

I got the pulse rifle from the engram. Seems decent enough.

I might get on around 10 or so. Monday is always a less likely night for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

jcd5971 wrote: »

Loads of weapons:
    Prosecutor Auto!!!
    Sidearm.
    Sniper.

Armour - not a great selection:
    2 x Warlock Bonds.
    1 x Flawless Bond.

I already have the Warlock helmet and Chest, so was hoping for something other than 3 Bonds :pac:

Loads of weapons:
    Prosecutor Auto!!!
    Sidearm.
    Sniper.

Armour - not a great selection:
    2 x Warlock Bonds.
    1 x Flawless Bond.

I already have the Warlock helmet and Chest, so was hoping for something other than 3 Bonds :pac:

I have to say I find the Prosecutor very meh I have a blue i'd rather use, be pulling out the prosecutor though if they ever bring light level back into pvp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

SeanHarty wrote: »
    I have to say I find the Prosecutor very meh I have a blue i'd rather use, be pulling out the prosecutor though if they ever bring light level back into pvp

I haven't changed from Mida and Uriels Gift in ages. I couldn't buy a kill with any other guns. I'll give Prosecutor a go and see how it goes, but I don't see me un-equipping Uriels for long.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement