Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

I haven't changed from Mida and Uriels Gift in ages. I couldn't buy a kill with any other guns. I'll give Prosecutor a go and see how it goes, but I don't see me un-equipping Uriels for long.

Don't have a uriels yet so I don't know what that's like, unfortunately my blue is a primary so I cant run the mida with it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,654 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Any 450 Auto will do the job really.

Made my titan over the weekend, really noticed the drop off in PvP whilst playing with no armor mods to reduce recoil. Also got my first trials run in on it last night, the nades are completely ridiculous, easy mode.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

For my primary I mostly use the Ghost Primus, and then for secondary I'll change between Hard Light and Prosecutor.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Those pulse grenades are crazy... Especially given how weak all the other grenades are.

Also the Warlock melee and Axion bolts are so weak now, you can't really use either of those.
    Warlock has a 3 melee kill.
    Axion bolt just tickles and the initial explosion doesn't cause any damage, so if you hit the guy with a grenade - he won't take damage and no Axion bolt...

I haven't tried the shatter grenade in a while but the last time I did I unequipped it after feeling it was pretty poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

I used the Prosecutor in the raid the other night. With no Energy weapon handling mods on my armour, it handled beautifully. Little to no recoil, really smooth. Haven't tried it in PvP, but without HCR, I can't see me using it too often.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Oh yeah, pulse grenades are so strong in the game. When I was playing as a Titan in Nightfall, when one of the modifiers was increased recharge of abilities it was crazy using nades. Myself and the other two players were just constantly hurling grenades, the damage output with pulse ones makes it sort of a breeze to beat.

I can sense an incoming nerf for HCR, Pulse grenades and possibly even autos range - to bring the other guns into play.

Saw a test of HCR on youtube and it looked as if they made very very little difference..

Rather see buffs than nerfs tbh, though I could live with just removing HCR altogether as its just a nuisance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

I run with a hrof smg with two counter balance mods on primary and uriels for secondary. Find it to be a very good combination.

Also 2 pulses is op as ****

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

anytime I'm getting shot by Uriels it just feels like I'm convulsing. I couldn't hit a barn door once I get hit first.

• Advertisement

AdamD wrote: »
    Saw a test of HCR on youtube and it looked as if they made very very little difference..

Rather see buffs than nerfs tbh, though I could live with just removing HCR altogether as its just a nuisance.

HCR only works if you're hitting headshots (my crit accuracy with Uriels isn't great TBH).

Again, I'd rather see buffs too. I like the way auto's work now. I feel like I haven't really used an auto since D1 launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,952 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

The fallout video shows HCR aren't a massive difference to non-HCR in terms of flinch. You get flinched regardless, its just a small amount extra.

jcd5971 wrote: »
    I run with a hrof smg with two counter balance mods on primary and uriels for secondary. Find it to be a very good combination.

Also 2 pulses is op as ****

Yeah - a reasonable nerf to Pulses could simply be to only allow one. Maybe change that perk to shorten the cooldown instead, i dunno. I'd prefer they didn't make the nades themselves weaker.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,490 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

I think they could definitely look to reduce AR range some. A scout/ pulse shouldn't be losing mid to long range engagements, all things being equal.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,490 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Hunters need a grenade buff of some sort. Either improved damage or something to give them double.

was never a fan of the grenade nerf from D1. I get OHK stickies were a problem but they were also a lot of fun. The Nova Warlock had some brilliant grenades, they all had something in fairness.
    Getting 90 damage with axion bolts in the crucible annoyed me the other day. I killed someone from miles away with an inaccurate throw just 'cos they weren't at full health so there is that. The pulses and chain lightning grenades seem especially strong in certain circumstances.

Hunters need a grenade buff of some sort. Either improved damage or something to give them double.

The Unlucky Rasberry chestplate gives a pretty strong buff on chain lightning grenades

I've noticed more and more people using Ghost Primus and Prosecutor so you could well be right.
    I've used Restoration VIII a bit and liked it but didn't think it was as good as Uriels - although it has a higher rate of fire (600 v 450) and lower impact.

I really need to branch out and try more.

There are certainly more viable weapons than people make out. You could argue a case for any of the 450 autos, a few SMGs, a couple of sidearms and scouts as all being effective. Fusions, swords and rockets all viable for heavy too (though I'd always say use rockets).

I still really don't think Hunters should get buffed, they could end up very OP., having now tried all 3 classes I'd choose Hunter dodge over the other 2 perks in PvP by a mile, they're too slow to be effective. Warlocks feel pretty shoddy tbh.

Warlock melee and grenades are pretty crap, with rift there's always the danger of a pulse or AOE grenade landing on them.
    I've put a fair bit of time into my Hunter but I'm not getting the increased movement. I can't use the dodge effectively and the low recovery is tough to deal with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,148 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

For mobile combat I agree they're underpowered but I'm primarily using a Nightstalker/Trapper and I've found hitting the target with a Snare Bomb (to stun) and following up with a Vortex grenade is extremely effective against mini-bosses (since mains are immune to the Snare).
    It seems part of the Hunter design to have situation specific almost OP strengths (I'm also running Orpheus Rig with that character :D, and yes for Mobs it's unbelievable strong...anything else...meh).
    I actually like the mechanic, it suits the Hunter's classification as a more tactical DD, lacking more team positive skills.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

If they are gonna make the hunter this vulnerable they need to make him alot more agile they need to be as quick as having the both midas equipped with a pair of stompees on so you can actually evade the mobs and be able to dodge.

Only thing I really dislike with the hunter is the nades are woeful, really really underpowered even next to the warlock not the titan.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    If they are gonna make the hunter this vulnerable they need to make him alot more agile they need to be as quick as having the both midas equipped with a pair of stompees on so you can actually evade the mobs and be able to dodge.

Only thing I really dislike with the hunter is the nades are woeful, really really underpowered even next to the warlock not the titan.

yeah they are weak but on the other hand the explosive solar burn throwing knife is insanely OP - I killed a solar shield hive wizard with one throw from 100 yards last night.. it was beautiful!

The more I play with my Hunter character, the more I like it.. 6 shot GG, auto reload dodge, OP throwing knife, good looking armor..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

The more I play with my Hunter character, the more I like it.. 6 shot GG, auto reload dodge, OP throwing knife, good looking armor..

Oh I just use the mele recharge dodge and throwing knife refill on crit kill.

Knives for days

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Stolen from reddit. Fun no use fact about weapons. (Can confirm on DiM and IC)
    Fun Fact: Kinetic Weapons point to the left, Energy Weapons point to the right.

It's of no actual use, but now you know... Weapons in vault and Inventory are aligned according to their slot. Kinetics point to the left, Energy/Heavy to the right

Yep, slow day today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Stolen from reddit. Fun no use fact about weapons. (Can confirm on DiM and IC)

Yep, slow day today.

at least only a few hours to the first live stream.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

For really really slow days, you can go here:

https://destinyitemmanager.com/

If you go into the options, you can download a .csv file of all your weapons and armor.

The level of detail is quite incredible and I use it a lot to identify most optimal weapons for different game types.

If you are an excel geek, this will give you a semi :):)

For really really slow days, you can go here:

https://destinyitemmanager.com/

If you go into the options, you can download a .csv file of all your weapons and armor.

The level of detail is quite incredible and I use it a lot to identify most optimal weapons for different game types.

If you are an excel geek, this will give you a semi :):)
    Rumour has it if you say 'excel geek' 5 times in a mirror, Generic will appear, and offer to create a well formatted and macro'd spreadsheet for any issue in your life.

So no proper raid in either expansion 1 or 2.

These 'layers' better be fun.

And they are gonna need to spruce up the pvp to compensate too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

The reveal looked very promising imo.

People are calling it a reskin despite it being completely new encounters in new areas =/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement