Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

It's a raid LAIR apparently.

Shorter than the already very short raid?

Trailer at the end was cool though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

not long home. Has the stream finished? I'd like to watch it all back.

Finished about ten mins ago, I caught the last 15 mins of it I think

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

So no proper raid in either expansion 1 or 2.

These 'layers' better be fun.

And they are gonna need to spruce up the pvp to compensate too
    Lairs. Like a raid dungeon.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

PetKing wrote: »
    not long home. Has the stream finished? I'd like to watch it all back.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/201498682

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,952 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Nothing caught my eye really in that stream.

Dont know enough about the game yet.

Is the forest story missions or it's it alternative end game content too? If it's just used for a couple of story missions then meh.

Raid layer.... Who knows. Gut feeling is rubbish but it may surprise me. Needs to improve the incentives for running it, in comparison to the current raid. It also needs to be very good considering we already know that expansion two is gonna follow along the same lines.

I did like the look of the 12 guns to go hunting after - guess that is where the grinding of the forest is gonna come from.

My big problem with d2 is the lack of incentive to play, and I don't feel this stream addresses that - but it seems that will be stream 3 content. Need more from the next two streams to get me hyped.

Reckon there will be some pvp changes. Holtz, mtashed, lupo maybe Bones (possibly others) were invited to bungie the weekend gone - lupo and mtashed fed be people you'd invite for pvp stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,643 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

They mentioned heroic strikes too, I think? That could add a fair bit of replayability if it's similar to d1

TruVanguard was at bungie too.

Certainlyna pvp player rather than pve.

Gotta be something more than a couple of maps coming for pvp.

Yeah there's a heroic strike list now, but unless there's strike gear to get they're about as appealing as the current strikes/nightfall.

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Yeah there's a heroic strike list now, but unless there's strike gear to get they're about as appealing as the current strikes/nightfall.
    So tv has a video on pve stuff (watts has something similar - first story mission)
    https://youtu.be/mtRLuEqs140
    No pvp talk, yet. Gotta think tv, lupo, mtashed would be pvp focused players.

• Advertisement

Exactly, the problem with destiny is incentives imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Yup, and towards the end of destiny they had loot boxes of some kind for the first completion along with legendary marks etc etc. Hopefully they would bring back the some of the modifiers aswell, like elemental burn.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Destiny 1 & 2 are down for 4 hours maintenance starting at 4pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

There was a time a post like this would drive me crazy. Now I just get on with life. One of the advantages of D2 not being so addictive.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

Xur is selling some pretty sweet gear this week:

Gear:
    Hard Light
    Lucky Raspberry
    Synthoceps
    Karnstein Armlets.

I actually need 3 of these!

I actually need 3 of these!

Same! I've been getting the same 4 (not actually, but feels that way) exotics since the game launched!

Just need the...

giphy.gif

Calus Throne room challenge mode
    All four plates have to be activated at the same time in the damage phase

Absolutely rubbish mechanic - just makes the fight much longer as you get four times less DPS each run

Very disappointed with the challenge design in D2 - Feels like they are completely tacked on afterthoughts, rather than built in to the original design choices.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

That sounds incredibly tedious.

Calus Throne room challenge mode
    All four plates have to be activated at the same time in the damage phase

Absolutely rubbish mechanic - just makes the fight much longer as you get four times less DPS each run

Very disappointed with the challenge design in D2 - Feels like they are completely tacked on afterthoughts, rather than built in to the original design choices.

Why, it appears, they couldn't have built the Raid the way they did KF. Build it once with the challenges included, then just turn them off for respective rotation.

• Advertisement

Also, I think the challenge modes were great fun in Wrath of the Machine. The final boss one could be bit of a pain, but when your team was on top of it - damn it was fun. Soundtrack was amazing, running, jumping, gunning, supers everywhere all the time. SO MUCH FUN.

Anyway....

Iron Banner tonight! PVP-TIME!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,654 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Not a single post about the DLC streams...fair to say D2 is dead in the water

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

AdamD wrote: »

I read a summary of the first one last week and it pretty much ended any chance of me getting the season pass tbh. :(

Saw a couple of videos from Datto and MsSoowatts. Think they were flown out to Japan. Seriously underwhelmed Watts pulled a video she had done on the DLC after the stream and posted a more critical one.
    Tbh I really don't know why I played D1 for 3 years but I did and whatever reason it was D2 doesn't have it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Watched a bit of the dev stream lastnight and got bored silly,thought id catch up with the news on youtube later instead and its as before sweet f all endgame.

To me atleast D2 is dead, gutted tbh as i waited for it on PC for so long.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Saw a couple of videos from Datto and MsSoowatts. Think they were flown out to Japan. Seriously underwhelmed Watts pulled a video she had done on the DLC after the stream and posted a more critical one.
    Tbh I really don't know why I played D1 for 3 years but I did and whatever reason it was D2 doesn't have it.
    Watts is just on holiday in Japan.

Watts, TruVanguard, Datta, Mtashed, IGN, GameInformer and some others were invited to seatle to play the game week before last

actually that makes a lot more sense, was thinking why the hell did Bungie/Activision fly them all over to Japan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I read a summary of the first one last week and it pretty much ended any chance of me getting the season pass tbh. :(

I hate the fact that I have the season pass :(

I'm holding out a slight hope that it improves when the DLC drops and ill go back to it.

Although when I bought Destiny 2 I decided that I got so much play time out of destiny 1 that the game had already paid for itself.

AdamD wrote:

Discord was more active in discussing it. Was still a mediocre stream though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I've been sort of humming and hawing about getting the DLC, reckon I'll hold off for a little bit to see how it actually turns out first.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement