Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

So bungie were caught by the bollix hiding their trottling of xp ,basically deceiving the players and now they respond with one hand removing this from the game and with the other hand rehash it so total xp gain is 50% of what it used to be.
    They are not doing themselves any favours at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Dcully wrote: »
    So bungie were caught by the bollix hiding their trottling of xp ,basically deceiving the players and now they respond with one hand removing this from the game and with the other hand rehash it so total xp gain is 50% of what it used to be.
    They are not doing themselves any favours at all.

Its not that total xp gain has been halved, they doubled the amount of XP required for a Bright Engram from 80,000XP to 160,000XP.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

That's just ****ty of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

In the current environment of loot boxes and what happened with ea.

The **** they've pulled with XP gains and now doubling the amount needed is just ****ing stupid.

They are all ready in a poor place with the game and this helps to only disillusion more players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

Its not that total xp gain has been halved, they doubled the amount of XP required for a Bright Engram from 80,000XP to 160,000XP.

why have they done that?

people getting to much stuff out of them so not buying silver? :confused:

• Advertisement

same thing effectively man, im only quoting from kotaku

http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2017/11/27/destiny-2s-fix-of-a-rigged-system-turns-out-to-nerf-players-xp-gains

either way they have been deceiving their player base and when they were caught they pull another ****ty stunt, absolute tossers.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

It feels obvious that if you do something perceived as crappy towards the community, you don't remove it then immediately replace it with something that achieves the same basic effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

I'd understand if people were grinding for top notch gear, but it's all just cosmetic stuff..
    Makes zero sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,148 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

I only downloaded Warframe yesterday. Played it for about an hour but finding it so confusing.. Need to spend a bit of time online researching this game.

Cannot believe it's free. It's massive!!

Yup as Gimli mentioned it is daunting in it's depth and complexity, but at the same time you can dive right in and go gunning, learning the rest as you go (for quite a while). I played the hell out of it back in 2014, went Grandmaster founder I loved it so much (I still have my commemorative Bandana :) ). Even with 500 or so hours in the older version I found the current build confusing again for the first day. Still the speed is fantastic, procedurally generated maps certainly help, it plays/looks/sounds far better than a F2P has any right to.
    The only thing I really don't like about the current version is the wall running mechanic. It's been majorly nerfed in terms of usability and that bloody hop-hop animation is awful (it was a seamless run animation before). I used to take pride in how I could move in that game, working out a lot of extreme shortcuts and maneuvres with some very hard to pull off but satisfying multi-jumps, now it's a bit meh.

Pro tip for warframe, keep the wiki open in the background your gonna need it :) awesome game, better than destiny imo and a hell of a lot more content.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Can we keep the Warframe discussion in the Off Topic thread please.

Can we keep the Warframe discussion in the Off Topic thread please.

Who died and made you mod :-)

To be fair its a similar game in a lot of respects, and bungee could learn a thing or two from it.

Thread is a bit dead lately anyway, what's the harm.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

jcd5971 wrote: »
    Who died and made you mod :-)

To be fair its a similar game in a lot of respects, and bungee could learn a thing or two from it.

Thread is a bit dead lately anyway, what's the harm.

Like some others, I assumed Jonny had :pac:

Bungo could learn from a lot of different games. I'd like em to take the way loot and seasons work in Diablo.

Like some others, I assumed Jonny had :pac:

Bungo could learn from a lot of different games. I'd like em to take the way loot and seasons work in Diablo.

that would be a good start!

I'd like to see them interact and listen to the community as much as Epic has when it comes to Fortnite, if there's an ongoing problem being brought up by the community they try release a patch asap.

I would not like the weapon crafting system from Warframe though.

You have an exotic engram, please return in 3 days to decrypt.

jcd5971 wrote: »
    I would not like the weapon crafting system from Warframe though.

You have an exotic engram, please return in 3 days to decrypt.

I'd wait three days if I knew I was getting an exotic I wanted rather than the same boots for the third time in a row.

SeanHarty wrote:
    I'd wait three days if I knew I was getting an exotic I wanted rather than the same boots for the third time in a row.

This true

Tomorrows CoO live stream has been cancelled.
    Deej wrote:
    Tomorrow, we had planned to conduct the final stream prior to the launch of “Curse of Osiris” to show off some of the weapons and armor the expansion includes. Instead, we are investing all our efforts into delivering some higher priority information about Destiny 2. You’ll hear from studio leadership about their assessment of Destiny all up, they’ll talk about our goals for the game going forward, and you’ll also learn about how we’re reacting to your feedback with some game updates that will arrive in the next few weeks.

That will appear on the Bungie Blog on Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,643 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Sounds like they're putting out something a step above the standard PR damage limitation stuff, but time will tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,952 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

3 good things from this.

1. I might be home late tomorrow cause i have a meeting in town so I may have missed the stream.
    2. Armor and weapons are now more likely to be a little bit of a surprise once CoO does hit, cause the stream won't have spoiled it all.
    3. I'm looking forward to reading all about their responses and plans.

• Advertisement

Destiny 2 will be offline on Thursday for 6 hours from 5pm to 11pm for server maintenance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Don't think anybody minds the weekly/bi-weekly "server maintenance" any more.
    I logged in last night for a few hours and got pretty much all the milestones done on both characters, just need to do the call to arms one and I'm done for the week.

Will be very interesting to see what Bungie say today.

Personally I don't see how they can win back a large portion of the people who have gone against them.

For a lot of people the incentive game isn't actually the problem imo, at least not in terms of loot. Sure people were hoping for a god roll eyasluna in Destiny 1, but i don't think it was the driving force behind the PVP community that kept Destiny going through much of Year 2 and Year 3. People played PvP because, for the most part, it was fun.

In order to get back to Destiny 1 'fun' can they do so without changing the weapon economy? Without moving Snipers, Fusions, shotguns to secondary again - people still won't have their one shot capability at all times in a match, and that is what has brought the team shotting meta we have now. Personally I like the weapon meta we have now, and I don't want to see them change it to the D1 loadout - i'm glad we don't have people shotgunning or sniping 100% of the match. I don't see how they could change the loadout given the game was built around this loadout.

Bringing 6vs6 back won't change things too much, imo. It will mean we can have more people and more 'bants' in the fireteam, but would we not just end up with 6 people team shotting instead for 4?

I think speeding up the Super/Grenade recharge would make a fairly big difference (If they did this I would probably tone down Pulse grenades a bit). Maybe bump damage from weapons a bit as well, so that TTK speeds up a bit, and speed up recovery - which would mean if you get the jump on a 1vs2 or position yourself well enough you can do more when outnumbered.

Two big changes for PVP i think would make a big difference and they need to bring in ASAP are Ranked and Private matches.

Ranked is a no brainer. Its already there in the background cause of Skill Based Match Making - just bring it to the frontend and give players a number to chase. An emblem for each major rank. Two easy changes and would absolutely increase people's grind in PvP.

Private matches are used by a small percentage - but the Comp scene (Farcog etc) need them, the 'sweats' teams need them - without Private matches there is no comp scene. If you bring them in you will see more comps, you will see more people competing in them on Twitch (creating some hype) and practising for them. It would increase the popularity of Destiny 2 from a spectator perspective. If they added the ability to change attributes of the match via a more customs environment it could also act as an unofficial test chamber for Destiny 2 changes - if they see a huge spike in popularity of a particular rule set they could use that as a discussion point internally.

In terms of incentive loot game, there is so much they could do. We have 8 different types of handcannons, for example - lean into that for end game activities. Why don't we have both kinetic and energy variants of the Raid weapons for example - give us more weapons. They need to make more unique armor - why are there so many reskins of the same armor set, already, in D2? They need to make the armor more visually distinct and they also need to make intrinsic perks on them that give us a reason to grind for them. The mod economy is also so very basic - to the point I don't understand it. Its such a good idea, and executed so badly. We should have mods that change weapons by more than just an increase in power. We should have mods that provide perk sets to the armor. we should have exotic mods to grind for that do special things. I think there is so much they can do but unless they were working on these things since at least D2 launched (and they should have been cause they ARE F**KING OBVIOUS things that should have been in the base game to begin with) I don't see us getting them in the proper short term.

Some things like being able to buy specific things off vendors, especially from the timed event vendors feels like an easy thing they could, and likely are (given their previous comments on Iron Banner changes) giving us - but I don't think that is one of the bigger problems/solutions to the game.

Couldnt care less about the pvp, its poor at best and so many far superior games do pvp better.
    PVE on the other hand is excellent in D2 and on PC atleast its what the majority of players are interested in , the problem is content, or more so the system in place to gain loot.
    Any looter game needs loot and a hell of a lot of it with a solid progression system in place for players to keep logging in.
    This is the fundamental problem with D2.
    Unless bungie face up to that fact and address their system no amount of DLC will bring the players back.

Sadly D2 looks to be going down a similar road the division went, great world but no real system in place for progression therefore no endgame to speak of.

Make no mistake this stream is cancelled because the whole event was scripted to a tee and now they were caught by the bollox cheating their very own fans they havent got the balls or a scripted event to face the public live.

As Jim Sterling says "Activision Blizzard is a manipulative snakepit of a company" stunts like this make it hard to disagree with him.
    Ofcourse they are not the only ones there are many more you could feel the same about.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

I was reading online that the stream is cancelled and maintenance is due to Bright Engrams.

I believe some countries around the world classify random loot boxes from real world money as gambling. And as minors have access to them, Bungie could be slapped with promoting underage gambling.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was all their silence and server maintenance is about.

I was reading online that the stream is cancelled and maintenance is due to Bright Engrams.

I believe some countries around the world classify random loot boxes from real world money as gambling. And as minors have access to them, Bungie could be slapped with promoting underage gambling.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was all their silence and server maintenance is about.
    Bright engrams is pure speculation. As of right now they are not gambling as far as I know, but a lot of regulatory bodies are taking a real look at it now.

What bungie are doing right now is legal and if there was change in the law they would be given time to make the necessary changes before anyone would come after them legally.

Curse of Osiris is out next week, along with season 2 changes - would be perfectly in keeping with past actions that bungie is doing extensive server/game prep for that.

Bright engrams is pure speculation. As of right now they are not gambling as far as I know, but a lot of regulatory bodies are taking a real look at it now.

What bungie are doing right now is legal and if there was change in the law they would be given time to make the necessary changes before anyone would come after them legally.

Curse of Osiris is out next week, along with season 2 changes - would be perfectly in keeping with past actions that bungie is doing extensive server/game prep for that.

They are considered gambling in China, but can be circumvented by having them be purc6by a premium currency as opposed to directly with real money as Destiny 2 does with silver.

Dcully wrote: »
    As Jim Sterling says "Activision Blizzard is a manipulative snakepit of a company" stunts like this make it hard to disagree with him.
    Ofcourse they are not the only ones there are many more you could feel the same about.

What are their actions that people have a real problem with in World of Warcraft or Overwatch? Or hero's of the storm?

I feel destiny is the only one getting a backlash and that's mainly cause people are vocally disappointed with the game rather than loot boxes.

Isn't overwatch loot boxes considered a fine implementation?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

What are their actions that people have a real problem with in World of Warcraft or Overwatch? Or hero's of the storm?

I feel destiny is the only one getting a backlash and that's mainly cause people are vocally disappointed with the game rather than loot boxes.

Isn't overwatch loot boxes considered a fine implementation?

Destiny doesn't follow the Overwatch model though as they have paid DLC on top of the loot boxes.

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Destiny doesn't follow the Overwatch model though as they have paid DLC on top of the loot boxes.

Not relevant. The comment was about Activision Blizzard as a company - apart from destiny issues (which are mostly gameplay) what's the horrible things Activision Blizzard have done to get this rep?

People love and rave about overwatch and WoW

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement