Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Cormac... wrote: »
    Turtle Beach Stealth 800p, they are like €250+

Ouchies, I would pay it if they blew me off after every raid or something like that but I will have to settle for lower priced ones haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Turtle Beach Stealth 800p, they are like €250

Subs must be rolling in good and proper :) #MLG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,259 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

One problem I encountered with the PS headset I got yesterday is the noise cancelling.

It resulted in an angry other half "What the **** is with the shouting - i'm trying to sleep".

On the other hand though, the 7.1 surround sound is AMAZING. Was hearing sound effects in Destiny I hadn't heard before - and the impression of direction from the sound is quality. A very good value purchase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

One problem I encountered with the PS headset I got yesterday is the noise cancelling.

It resulted in an angry other half "What the **** is with the shouting - i'm trying to sleep".

On the other hand though, the 7.1 surround sound is AMAZING. Was hearing sound effects in Destiny I hadn't heard before - and the impression of direction from the sound is quality. A very good value purchase.

Is that the 2.0 PS4 one yeah?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

You do realise that it doesnt cancel out your voice so your missus doesnt hear you :pac:

• Advertisement

Is that the 2.0 PS4 one yeah?

Yep - the ones posted on this thread Friday. Picked them up yesterday afternoon and went raiding last night. Couldn't get over the sound. Though I need to find out how to adjust the party chat/game audio levels somewhat seperately.

But yeah, very happy with the quality - though i know I'll need to be careful with the plastic hinges. Also imagine keeping it charged will be a bit of a pain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Think I might go for that one next time. That's the Sony 7.1, one is it? I have Turtlebeach XP500 (or 510s) I actually have a spare set which is a long distressing story but the ones I'm using at present appear wrecked or at least were last time I was on.

jonny24ie wrote: »
    You do realise that it doesnt cancel out your voice so your missus doesnt hear you :pac:
    I thought it might cancel out her noise too.

Yep - the ones posted on this thread Friday. Picked them up yesterday afternoon and went raiding last night. Couldn't get over the sound. Though I need to find out how to adjust the party chat/game audio levels somewhat seperately.

But yeah, very happy with the quality - though i know I'll need to be careful with the plastic hinges. Also imagine keeping it charged will be a bit of a pain.

Get a longer charge cable, they only last about 3-4 hours

Also this headsets are neither 7.1 (they are Stereo with Virtual Surround Sound) nor are they noise cancelling.... they are just covering your ears :P

The button on the front essentially is your balance.

Press "Chat" 4 times, now it's 100% chat, 0% sound, press "Game" 8 times, now you're 100% game and 0% chat, press Chat again 4 times and you're 50/50

Took me ages to work that out, think of it as a slider between each. And the volume button at the back is the OVERALL volume of whatever blend you've chosen
    gimli2112 wrote: »
    Think I might go for that one next time. That's the Sony 7.1, one is it? I have Turtlebeach XP500 (or 510s) I actually have a spare set which is a long distressing story but the ones I'm using at present appear wrecked or at least were last time I was on.

Not 7.1, but if you're not looking to spend €200+, well those are the very best headset for any device for their price... period

I thought it might cancel out her noise too.

No if it was only that easy we would all be happy haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

There should be a pair of buttons on the headset to toggle the volume between game and chat.
    A USB extension cable is handy for the charging. You can then recharge while playing without having to move.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Bohrio wrote: »
    Hope you listened to me guys! Gunsmith has the Eirenne RR4 with luck in the chamber this week waiting to be collected! :)

Also has the Suros PDX 45, its a hawksaw type pulse rifle, I used it in trials this week and it is very good, if next week he sells it with a proper roll it could be a great buy! so get one as well if you can

Picked it up this morning. I was hoping for triple tap as I wanted to use it more in PvE. I have the Uzume RR4 with triple tap and it's a great for bosses, but the impact is really poor compared to the Eirenne.

I'm guessing we're going to see a lot of people using this sniper in Crucible now.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Rev.Sulphur

Looking for Destiny weekly raid group PS4.

I am looking for some players to meet up once a week and do all 3 raids in Hard mode. I am a Warlock 302 with TOM and Black Spindle. All I ask is you must have a headset and be a bit relaxed about the game. Not interested in playing with hardcore gamers that flip out after one wipe.

I am looking for some players to meet up once a week and do all 3 raids in Hard mode. I am a Warlock 302 with TOM and Black Spindle. All I ask is you must have a headset and be a bit relaxed about the game. Not interested in playing with hardcore gamers that flip out after one wipe.

Well you came to the right place, join the group back on the first post on this thread.

You can add me - jonnycivic I do be on alot :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Welcome Reverend.

Why not join our local commune, as seen in my signature. All our flock have been taught to never flip out, or they'll be sent to a Scientology seminar as punishment. :P

Joking aside, you should join the clan. There are raids running pretty much every day of the week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Welcome :)- my advice would be to join the PS4 group, the lads seem to get together regularly and run the raids/trials/etc, you should definitely find some players to run with.

Not interested in playing with hardcore gamers that flip out after one wipe.

Christ, I forget how annoyingly serious LFG groups can be until I hear this is a thing. Most of us in the clan are very casual and don't get too worked up over stupid s**t like this.

Me and Gimli and Dave had an hour of wipes at the totems cause we were laughing so much a few weeks ago :pac:

Ok, will this is a painful thing to learn after all this time. I wonder how many drops/engrams I have missed out on.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Help/Article/13965
    If you complete a raid (or any other activity) and then switch characters, log out, turn off your console, put it into rest mode, close the destiny app, or get disconnected instead of returning to orbit with your current character first, ALL DROPPED ITEMS you didn't have room to pick up will be PERMANENTLY LOST (even if your postmaster is not full).

This is because the items are only sent to the postmaster when you go back to orbit immediately after the activity with the same character! Be careful out there guardians. Don't lose any important items!

I would turn the console off during end game crap when done rather than orbit quite a bit. Bugger.

Christ, I forget how annoyingly serious LFG groups can be until I hear this is a thing. Most of us in the clan are very casual and don't get too worked up over stupid s**t like this.

Me and Gimli and Dave had an hour of wipes at the totems cause we were laughing so much a few weeks ago :pac:
    Its the stories we come for Cormac, not the drops:D

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Well you came to the right place, join the group back on the first post on this thread.

You can add me - jonnycivic I do be on alot :)
    Welcome Reverend.

Why not join our local commune, as seen in my signature. All our flock have been taught to never flip out, or they'll be sent to a Scientology seminar as punishment. :P

Joking aside, you should join the clan. There are raids running pretty much every day of the week.
    ibFoxer wrote: »
    Welcome :)- my advice would be to join the PS4 group, the lads seem to get together regularly and run the raids/trials/etc, you should definitely find some players to run with.

Wow didn't expect so many responses and so soon. I already am part of a clan and am pretty set on staying with it. I wouldn't mind joining the clan forum though just so I can find a raid group.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

We have struggled with those totems for the last week :o

Just can't get it done. Driving me bananas.

I spent 4 hrs trying to kill croda with 2 randoms. We were just in total knots at all the people joining the raid and flipping out.

Wow didn't expect so many responses and so soon. I already am part of a clan and am pretty set on staying with it. I wouldn't mind joining the clan forum though just so I can find a raid group.

Honestly none of our PS4 players ever use the Forums

We use Chat rooms (on the PS4 and App), thing is these are for "Clan Only" reason being 100 is the max for a chat room.

We also use the Communities page Fieldog set up but that's still only gaining momentum

QHq1K0S.jpg?1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,341 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Kill it with fire.... iTS NOT ONE OF US :D

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Kill it with fire.... iTS NOT ONE OF US :D

I've already reported him..... not sure a full site-ban is going far enough though..... I guess I could track him down in Cork and we could have a duel

I've already reported him..... not sure a full site-ban is going far enough though..... I guess I could track him down in Cork and we could have a duel

Muhahahahahah it has been many moons since I have been on here and my details are old. YOU WILL NEVER FIND ME :D

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

Muhahahahahah it has been many moons since I have been on here and my details are old. YOU WILL NEVER FIND ME :D

5341939+_1405ab2ebc654fbd5a3dffcb94d8233e.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

#ScrubLobby :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

#ScrubLobby :pac:

It was very erm ..... glitchy that night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

I have a question for all the long term / established players...

Do you find yourself reaching the 200 limit for legendary marks regularly and if so, what do you spend them on to make space or do ye leave them sit there until you need them?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement