Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    I remember there was a Cucible mode that was advertised and released with the Taken King and when Rise of Iron came out I was locked out those modes and was only left play on the "classic" maps and modes, basically locked out of content I payed for because I didn't pay for the new stuff. It's no surprise to me Bungie are doing this again.

But so soon? From a PC player perspective, imagine getting locked out of VOG activities after a month from launch?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

But so soon? From a PC player perspective, imagine getting locked out of VOG activities after a month from launch?

that's just ridiculous :mad:

have any other games done anything like this?

the rise of DLC's is really taking the piss now, gone are the good ole days that when you got a game it was actually complete and you weren't pretty much beta testing it for a few months like we seem to be with some many games now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Some talk now of Trials being cancelled due to the Prometheus Lens bug. No official word on it yet though

It needs to happen. The damage the gun puts out is just bonkers. Either cancel trials or force Xur to sell it so EVERYONE has it. Most likely Trials be cancelled. Though I think they have more urgent issues on the plate, what with MS supposedly giving Bungie 24 hours to sort out the locked content preventing people from 100% the achievements. Really big ****show release.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,661 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I reckon Trials will be cancelled - but it really is a situation that Bungie shold be reacting to quickly and getting a fix out immediately. By the time trials comes round, will 2 days not have been enough to do something?

Didn't epic games fix an autorifle bug in Fortnite in that timeframe?

I reckon Trials will be cancelled - but it really is a situation that Bungie shold be reacting to quickly and getting a fix out immediately. By the time trials comes round, will 2 days not have been enough to do something?

Didn't epic games fix an autorifle bug in Fortnite in that timeframe?

Its nearly unfair to compare the way epic games have dealt with fortnite issues with the way bungie have dealt with destiny issues.

Epic have been amazing in listening to the community and dropping patch's and updates extremely quick.

Extremely impressed with the way Epic have done with Fortnite, will be top of my list whenever they release a game now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

I'd imagine trials will get cancelled for at least a week,probably something easy enough to fix BUT losing money will 100% be the priority fix.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I haven't played in ages and probably won't even get the DLC (at least not yet), so my opinion probably doesn't matter...but locking out content, that you got with the base game, after a DLC release as absolute and utter bull****.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,709 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I didn't buy the expansion because I know full well after 2 hours of gameplay there will be literally nothing to do as before.

Its not that the game lacks content its the systems in place for an sort of progression or meaningful activities that is sadly lacking resulting in zero incentive to play, they could learn an awful lot from Digital Extremes with warframe how they threat their playerbase and how they create real endgame content.
    So this DLC BS so soon after release did not sit right with me initially and certainly does not now after hearing of this utter BULL**** of gating us behind a paywall.
    They are doing their best to oust EA as the most despicable games company.

Kiith wrote: »
    I haven't played in ages and probably won't even get the DLC (at least not yet), so my opinion probably doesn't matter...but locking out content, that you got with the base game, after a DLC release as absolute and utter bull****.

You won't get any arguments from anyone here. It's just another step backwards, and after making some positive noises last week.

Really looking forward to the TWAB later....

"Trials cancelled until we fix Prometheus bug".
    "We are gathering your feedback and we will discuss our thoughts with you when we have collated the data"
    "Here's some montages from YouTube".

• Advertisement

Dcully wrote: »

It hasn't gotten that bad yet. (The Eververse stuff is still only cosmetic) :cool::D:rolleyes:

You won't get any arguments from anyone here. It's just another step backwards, and after making some positive noises last week.

And that is really why the TWAB will be interesting later.

We heard what they said last week, we heard how they promised to discuss the game with us more - and discuss it prior to having a solution too; I know it has only been 2 days since the content release, but if they don't say something meaningful today their words last week will ring as hollow as we feared they would be.

And that is really why the TWAB will be interesting later.

We heard what they said last week, we heard how they promised to discuss the game with us more - and discuss it prior to having a solution too; I know it has only been 2 days since the content release, but if they don't say something meaningful today their words last week will ring as hollow as we feared they would be.

Its already too late for a lot of us, I lost hope long ago.

Games company's have become laughable from the goings on over the last few weeks in regards to Bungie and EA.

I don't think ill ever buy another EA game, seriously considering adding Bungie and Activision to that list.

Going to spend a lot more time researching new games before I buy them in terms of how the developer has treated its customer base, games going up to a standard of 75euro+ makes it very worth while so you don't lose out.

Dcully wrote: »
    Its already too late for a lot of us, I lost hope long ago.

and that is fair enough.

Personally I know i will still be playing destiny.

I will finish the story on my Titan tonight, maybe do some adventures. Try to level myself up a bit before the new raid lair on Friday. Will be giving it a bash over the weekend.

I still don't see myself stopping playing. I also know I will still be optimistic about what they release in the new year.

There is a far more reasonable expectation, imo, that the DLC in March/April will be more substantive and address more of the issues - and then in September i would expect a big, big change in the game with the release of the year 2 expansion (or at least I expect one) - similar to how TTK was a huge change for Destiny 1.

I see the issues, I complain about them. but at the end of the day, I still enjoy the game when I play it.

If I don't get a Jade Rabbit i'm gonna burn the place down though.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

SeanHarty wrote: »
    Games company's have become laughable from the goings on over the last few weeks in regards to Bungie and EA.

I don't think ill ever buy another EA game, seriously considering adding Bungie and Activision to that list.

Going to spend a lot more time researching new games before I buy them in terms of how the developer has treated its customer base, games going up to a standard of 75euro+ makes it very worth while so you don't lose out.

The other option is to wait a few months after release and pick the games up at a reasonable price. Easier said than done I know but having a decent backlog of games helps.

CDBWhoop wrote: »
    The other option is to wait a few months after release and pick the games up at a reasonable price. Easier said than done I know but having a decent backlog of games helps.

Yeah I've held off a good bit really recently, have a good back log now, only problem is I generally like competitive PvP games and if you wait to long either the game could be dead or people are so far ahead of you in regards to weapons and that its hard to get into them.

Dcully wrote:

Let's not get hasty here people, nobody is that bad.

Waves of refunds handed out already, hilarious stuff bungie.

So - Trials isn't cancelled this weekend, so have fun going up against Promethius Lens or whatever it is called. Not that I play much of Trials anyway, but I'll certainly be avoiding it this weekend. (Out tonight and trying the Raid Lair tomorrow night so no big deal regardless, for me, this weekend) Fix for it is coming on Tuesday with the next round of updates.

Said they are working on a fix for vanilla players being locked out of achievements - but gave no hint of a timeline for that being fixed.

Nowt else of much interest in the TWAB, no discussion or acknowledgement of the gameplay/content issues people have.

Got my first of the Forge weapons last night - got the Scout Rifle, looks pretty cool. Grinding for those mats is a pain, but better than the ol' Exotic Sword quest stuff!

• Advertisement

So - Trials isn't cancelled this weekend, so have fun going up against Promethius Lens or whatever it is called. Not that I play much of Trials anyway, but I'll certainly be avoiding it this weekend. (Out tonight and trying the Raid Lair tomorrow night so no big deal regardless, for me, this weekend) Fix for it is coming on Tuesday with the next round of updates.

Said they are working on a fix for vanilla players being locked out of achievements - but gave no hint of a timeline for that being fixed.

Nowt else of much interest in the TWAB, no discussion or acknowledgement of the gameplay/content issues people have.

Got my first of the Forge weapons last night - got the Scout Rifle, looks pretty cool. Grinding for those mats is a pain, but better than the ol' Exotic Sword quest stuff!

why don't they just throw up a hotfix that stops you being able to take that weapon into PvP? or just take it back off everyone and when they fix it give it back to the players that had it.

Their so stupidly slow at fixing problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Am I the only person who liked the expansion?
    The Infinite Forest is a bit meh, but everything else was pretty cool.

The level design was something else, I spent a lot of time just exploring, looking around.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

The level design was something else, I spent a lot of time just exploring, looking around.

Its alright but its nothing special. The game doesnt draw me back in like D1 did :(

Don't know how they are going to fix the Trophies situation without scaling back on the power level requirements, or adding a third power level version of the Raid / Lair / NF.

I'm enjoying the mat gathering as it's all public events so far (though only have 4 of the mats). It certainly is a step up from the sword quests we had.
    SeanHarty wrote: »
    why don't they just throw up a hotfix that stops you being able to take that weapon into PvP? or just take it back off everyone and when they fix it give it back to the players that had it.

Their so stupidly slow at fixing problems.

I'd say it's not as easy as just removing the gun from people's inventory or preventing it being chosen in Crucible. The easiest solution was to turn Trials off this weekend, not like they haven't done it before.

It's a little bare after the story, but so far I'm enjoying it. As usual, the visual department have done a stellar job. Infinite Forrest could have been so much better, but I'd hope they build on it later. Watched a Datto vid yesterday and he says that the I.F. seems to be a tech demo in a way, Bungo seeing if they could actually pull off the "Randomness" of the Forrest pathways themselves, and I kinda agree with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

I think I paid for both DLC's but was pretty happy with it.

I think it's important to note the upcoming QOL changes next week will make a big impact too.

I've not really been melted by Promethius Lens - so I'm not salty about that.

Myself and wondaboy went into crucible last night and man that prometheus lens is death incarnate some lad took out 3 of us on his own at one point it's mad.

I think it's a joke it got out the way it is.
    I 100% will use it if I got it though :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Thankfully realised that the materials you get from public events can be got on any planet and not just Mercury.
    Gonna grind out strikes now as well for the other material thing for the second gun.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

I think I paid for both DLC's but was pretty happy with it.

I think it's important to note the upcoming QOL changes next week will make a big impact too.

I've not really been melted by Promethius Lens - so I'm not salty about that.

Played a few games of PvP last night and man is that gun broken. How it wasn't picked up in play testing is beyond me. Of course, it wont drop for me until after it has been nerfed (same happened to me with the vex, suros & grasp in D1).

I am happy enough with the DLC, the story wasn't the best and was short but it added some re-playability - although I can see why others would be disappointed. The art is fairly cool especially Mercury past. Glad to see heroic strikes back although modifiers would be nice. Heroic adventures are tough enough solo (probably will be ok once LL goes up) - just missed out on the timer but still got the milestone.
    Those D1 exotics must have been stored in a off-site bunker when the Red legion showed up to say that they keep re-appearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

Does anyone know how to activate the forge at the lighthouse? I have finished the campaign but there is no way to activate it.

Cheers

• Advertisement

Does anyone know how to activate the forge at the lighthouse? I have finished the campaign but there is no way to activate it.

Cheers

You need to run the 3 normal Adventures and then one Heroic Adventure. They are all under a Milestone so that needs to be finished off first before you get your first Forge collectable box thing. You'll have to talk to Vance again to kick things off.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement