Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

syboit wrote: »
    Anyone up for trying for the black spindle? I might be on later.
    Yea I need it for my hunter but it'll be 10pm or after when I'm on.

I'm looking to do it tonight too.

PSN Kiplesworth. Might already be friends with you guys. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Any idea what level Black Spindle drops at?
    If I get a 310 Spindle and finish the Raid this week, I'll have a 310 artefact.

Nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

It used to be 310 but pretty sure they dropped it to 290. Mine was definately 290 when it dropped.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,390 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Nice.

290 these days I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Nice.

They patched it so it will only drop at 290

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

Only drops at 290 now. But with the amount of useless shotguns and sniper rifles that drop from the raid, sure you'll have it over 300 in no time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Deffo running HM raid tonight lads fresh, Left it too late last night in hope a few regulars logged on but where side tracked (Dam you FO4) so 8:30 - 9 bells if anyone in for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Deffo running HM raid tonight lads fresh, Left it too late last night in hope a few regulars logged on but where side tracked (Dam you FO4) so 8:30 - 9 bells if anyone in for it.

I'd LIKE to throw my name down for this, but timing.

The Titan is now 302, so should be able to contribute up to a certain point. Still stuck with a 285 heavy. Just absolutely no luck with heavy drops. Everything else, bar helm which is 299, is 300 or above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I'd be up for that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Run my Titan up to Oryx and switch to Warlock. Or keep going if drops are favourable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

Count me in lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

I'd be up for that raid Wonda.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Anyone up for trying for the black spindle? I might be on later.

I should be on at some point tonight, can give a hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Can't you just buy it from the wall for marks once you have it once ?

Probably but I'd rather put myself through the heartache of trying again

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Mcsirl

anyone raiding on xbox tonight, or are you all on battlefront now ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Mcsirl wrote: »
    anyone raiding on xbox tonight, or are you all on battlefront now ?

hopefully, if I get the time. these 2.30 finishes are starting to catch up on me :D

Just in case you haven't done it, I got the "boolean gemini" today for reaching rank three of queen's wrath, dropped at 290. No collecting 45 piece's, killing 10,000 ads and then completing a raid. nice and simple for a change :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

hopefully, if I get the time. these 2.30 finishes are starting to catch up on me :D

I felt broken after that last night. I lost count of the times we were on the last bomb phase and it went tits up. We couldn't even blame it on lag or glitches, just folk not paying attention or not concentrating.

I felt broken after that last night. I lost count of the times we were on the last bomb phase and it went tits up. We couldn't even blame it on lag or glitches, just folk not paying attention or not concentrating.

guilty myself at that :), jumped up too soon one time at the start, I know we didnt lose much and its another reset, but its another 10mins gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Mcsirl

Well if ye are on tonight and theres a spare spot give me a shout as the missus is on nights tonight :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

guilty myself at that :), jumped up too soon one time at the start, I know we didnt lose much and its another reset, but its another 10mins gone.

Sorry, I wasn't aiming that at yourself! I don't even remember that happening. I was more getting at the lads coming out of the teleporting stage after the 100th time and asking what happens next.

Sorry, I wasn't aiming that at yourself! I don't even remember that happening. I was more getting at the lads coming out of the teleporting stage after the 100th time and asking what happens next.

nps :) , seemed a lot of confusion allright.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Having serious withdrawals here :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,510 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

When's it due to end?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,258 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

NEVER! or 9. but who knows at this point, will be 2 hours past initial estimate - meaning 6 hours down rather than 4. a 50% overrun is rather poor planning/execution.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

So it seems that the next update is happening next week, looking forward to being able to buy weapons parts!

Also Iron Banner is coming back and thank god it is not limited to Control anymore as apparently it will be clash (I am not sure if both or just clash) which is good news for me as I can do better solo playing clash than control which I desperately hate
    More information here

link

Anyone seen this video... surprisingly his 2 team mates got disconnected at the beginning of the match... worst part is that one of the other players on the other team kept tea bagging him despite being 3-1 for the entire game...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

I'm all for Iron Banner Clash. Can someone put me back in the crucible chat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Just logged in to boards and saw all the kerfuffle. I particularly enjoyed the #justice4phlegmy :p Fieldy actually invited me back weeks ago but I missed the PMs so this is my bad.

I guess my point was that there are heaps of people in that chat that are not heavily active players, compared to me, who regularly has players jump in to my NFs and raids etc. But from reading the posts, I understand the difficulty for the likes of Cormac, Mitch and Fieldy when it comes to culling people and getting new regulars in and clan tag is about as good a reason as it gets, given the circumstances.

The only thing I think it misses, is the particularly active player, in the sense that you will get guys who will play for a few weeks, then leave until next expansion, who may not add as much value on a friends list (joining an NF or Raid, or trials team ad hoc) as somebody who has some random clan tag (which is not highly important to many, in the grand scheme of things) but plays ****loads. I play 20 hours a week for the last 14 months, whereas other guys might just play once a fortnight or worse.

But at the same time, I get the logic that it is hard to quantify so clan tag culling makes sense, and respect the work put in by the guys. And by all means absorb the clan I am spuriosuly affiliated with. At a quick glance, 70% are in the boards clans as is :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

my ps4 chat cable is busted. A €250+ headset rendered useless by a €5 cable.
    Been on Fallout 4 most of the week so it's not too serious but I do miss Destiny. As good as FO4 is I'm a long way from done with this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,258 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

So for any not in the clan/chat - would anyone be interested in a specifically ACTIVE players chat?

It would be open to anyone on boards.ie or any particularly active player that is good friends with someone who is.

I can set one up, and invite anyone interested (send me a friend request if we aren't PSN buddies). Given people already get spammed enough with PSN messages I would suggest the following (if there is enough interest in the chat at all...).

1. It is kept PURELY for raid/nf/mission requests - ie. no general chit chat.
    2. If you no longer play destiny or have no interest in the co-op aspects anymore you leave the chat (I would say this for the clan chat too).

I'm not trying to take over from Cormac here, and as I've said I've no issue with anything he has done or why he has done it - might be no real interest in this either as it could end up being 90% members of the Clan chat anyway.

If you are interested, stick your PSN tag in the following Drive spreadsheet. We can guage interest and move from there, I suppose.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UP6grwY_obIUHWPeo1ETXXbK7xo6B8JmJzh4pO-mjmE/edit?usp=sharing

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement