Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Did another 2 raids this week up to oryx and the drops are getting seriously bad for me. So in the last 5 raids on HM (3 full) I have gotten 2 weapons nothing higher then 313 and only one piece of armour (warlock bond).

Its like the game permanently thinks I have done the raid already on my chars.....seriously annoying.

When I do ORYX today twice (LFG) if I get a ****ty drop I will immerse myself god forbid in FO4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,258 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Got good drops on my Hunter yesterday, to be fair. Couple of weapons and some armour, decent levels for the most part.

Not even attempted Oryx this week. Will try to give it a bash tomorrow night and Sunday night. Fingers crossed.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,390 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Did another 2 raids this week up to oryx and the drops are getting seriously bad for me. So in the last 5 raids on HM (3 full) I have gotten 2 weapons nothing higher then 313 and only one piece of armour (warlock bond).

Its like the game permanently thinks I have done the raid already on my chars.....seriously annoying.

When I do ORYX today twice (LFG) if I get a ****ty drop I will immerse myself god forbid in FO4.

My hunter got two harrowed items this week I think but my warlock literally only got the normal drops from what I remember. Still have to run with the titan.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

Xúr:
    Crest of Alpha Lupi
    Young Ahamkara's Spine
    Obsidian Mind
    Gauntlet Engram

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,390 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

CDBWhoop wrote: »
    Xúr:
    Crest of Alpha Lupi
    Young Ahamkara's Spine
    Obsidian Mind
    Gauntlet Engram

Boo-urns, was hoping for a new year 2 variant of year 1 armour, thought they'd be tempted to throw one in with all the new games coming out at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Xúr:
    Crest of Alpha Lupi
    Young Ahamkara's Spine
    Obsidian Mind
    Gauntlet Engram

You forgot legacy chest engram.
    Worth picking up to try and get a Lucky Raspberry or Purifier Robes for Crucible. 29 strange coins though :/

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Boo-urns, was hoping for a new year 2 variant of year 1 armour, thought they'd be tempted to throw one in with all the new games coming out at the moment.

The Xur Mehgathread :pac:

Analysis from aWrySharK

Titan - Crest of Alpha Lupi
    - 110 Intellect/?? Strength
    If you somehow don't have 18 of these things already, then good on you. Intellect is exactly the stat you want, no matter what Titan class you're rocking. At 310 Defense, you can potentially see up to 124 of this stat, but 110 is nothing to frown at at only 280 Defense. Strength is a great pinch of a secondary stat for Sunbreakers and Defenders.
    The Crest of Alpha Lupi is the perfect example of a very good, but very boring Exotic. As a "Keeper of the Pack" Exotic, it's roll is all about team synergy. Your first Super "orb move" will grant you an extra orb - making the cap one higher overall. Defenders will make 3 with WoD, Sunbreakers will spawn 2 with the first significant Hammer kill, and Strikers will pop one more when they shake the earth. Aside from this, you'll be able to resurrect teammates with lightning speed, and they you. One of these perks is excellent for PvE, and both are quite good for PvP. Arguably, revive speed is less important in PvE these days, with Nightfall having the 30 second hard cap, but orb generation is more helpful than ever. For Sunbreakers, that's 20% more orbs; for Defenders, 50%. These are non-trivial. For team play, Crest of Alpha Lupi gets a deserved A tier. Solo players will want to avoid it, full stop.
    Twist Fate? : Yes
    Your goal here is to land the Armor pairing you want - either Solar or Void, and Sniper Rifle Ammo, if you're interested in playing the meta. Any splash damage/burn defense you get is icing on the cake, but first things first it to acquire the above.

Hunter - Young Ahamkara's Spine
    - 68 Discipline/?? Intellect
    Discipline/Intellect is likely what you'll want from these, so no problems there. At 310 Defense, you could see up to 84 with the high/low roll profile, otherwise expect an even split between Discipline and either stat, capped at 53.
    YAS still doesn't see a lot of use in PvE, thanks to the absurd superiority of the Nightstalker, but I'm of the mind that this is a shame. The new intrinsic perk adds an extra Tripmine grenade charge, in addition to the usual duration bonus. Gunslingers can do serious damage with Tripmines, and smart placement can control chokepoints where you expect to be flanked. In power-enabled PvP, there's hardly a better Gunslinger Exotic at this very moment. I believe I might have gave them an A when I first spotted them, but a high B is more realistic for PvE; they're a little too one-note, and Nightstalker is just too appealing in Gunslinger's stead.
    Twist Fate? : Maybe
    The stat spread and Impact Induction is ideal, but your mileage with the reload perks may vary. Scout Rifles like Doom of Chelchis appreciate the buff, but you might be better served with Pulse Rifle for all-around PvP and PvE utility. Certainly, Shotgun Loader is inferior to its Sniper counterpart for conventional PvE play. Sleeper Simulant fans might even want Fusion Rifle Loader for an overall +DPS boost in boss burn phases. Aim for your reload perk of choice, and the rest is just a bonus; Fastball is guaranteed.

Warlock - Obsidian Mind
    - 49 Intellect/50 Strength
    This is the even-split roll profile, and it's arguably the lesser of the possible profiles and stat spreads. You're guaranteed Intellect, and Voidwalkers prize Discipline just a tad above Strength. At 310, a max of a 60/60 split is possible, whereas the high/low roll profile could get you up to 95 Intellect. Think about it.
    Obsidian Mind is still the gold standard for Voidwalker, and the main argument for its continued viability in PvE. Stormcaller may have staying power, but Voidwalker is still top of its class for straight-up instant devastation with peerless orb generation. Without the hard cap of 5, you can still have the potential to easily generate 6-7 orbs by targeting a group (8 if you're extremely lucky), and depending on the number of enemies, you'll instantly generate a chunk of Super back. For OM VWs, those little Nightstalker orb sprinklings are even more important, and nothing is music to their ears more than the sound of some Taken spawning in with a Blight: "Oh look, target practice." I may have equivocated and gone with an A before, but if anything still deserves an S tier for PvE, it's Obsidian Mind.
    Twist Fate? : Yes
    Remember how good Inverse Shadow was on the stock model? Yeah, you need that again. Infusion is excellent, but according to the Armory, may simply be a given? If you Twist, aim for Inverse Shadow first, Int/Disc second, and don't worry about the rest

So we'll be able to buy all three legendary swords from shaxx next week? So glad I never bothered my hole farming hadium flakes now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

So we'll be able to buy all three legendary swords from shaxx next week? So glad I never bothered my hole farming hadium flakes now.

Didn't take that long, I did it in about an hour or two, still ain't done the exotic one yet though.... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Fieldog wrote: »
    Didn't take that long, I did it in about an hour or two, still ain't done the exotic one yet though.... :(

Saw someone whining about farming for the exotic sword and thought "you only need ten how bad can it be". Much much later I was ready to trash the sword. The thing about it is you're running round looking for materials (which isn't helped when you don't have any equipment highlighting them) and only one in about 20+ turn into the one you want. It's so annoying - really grindy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

I had 7 collected over the course of about 4 days before I had the bright idea of using a ghost to assist. Think that falls second in light bulb moments for me, after finding out the mythoclast was full auto two weeks after getting it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,258 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

PetKing wrote: »
    I had 7 collected over the course of about 4 days before I had the bright idea of using a ghost to assist. Think that falls second in light bulb moments for me, after finding out the mythoclast was full auto two weeks after getting it.

Cormac didn't know ToM was auto for a while - and was hammering the button like a mad man in the raids.

Heh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Cormac... wrote: »
    Just on the above, I have this all in Excel, and colour coded (red = don't have, green = have 310 version) so I can filter and see how many engrams (roughly) I should buy each week and who I should try decode 310 versions on.

For those of you who get as excited by excel tables as I do

L4wsjIc.jpg?1

Why no file download link? I couldn't be arsed putting this together.

PetKing wrote: »

Light bulb moment for me recently was at the start of the raid. After slamming the relic I couldn't figure out how Salty was getting outside so quickly. In a temporary moment of brilliance I said I'd follow him next time and find out.

Lo-and-behold, instead of turning back inside he goes straight out past the relic and jumps across like a right cute hoor!! Some man...

Light bulb moment for me recently was at the start of the raid. After slamming the relic I couldn't figure out how Salty was getting outside so quickly. In a temporary moment of brilliance I said I'd follow him next time and find out.

Lo-and-behold, instead of turning back inside he goes straight out past the relic and jumps across like a crafty bugger!!

Pro Tip: Ya learn loads of interesting stuff when you blue orb.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Ah nuts, I have 1 already but I will get the other 2 now :D

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Ah nuts, I have 1 already but I will get the other 2 now :D

Sounds expensive.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

dudeeile wrote: »
    Sounds expensive.

Ah i dont mind doing the grind on my 2 characters to get it :D

Ill be online most of this evening I need to do a Nightfall, done 1 with 2 randomers last night and just as we got to the boss they jumped out and left me going solo, nearly had him dead a few times but I had to give up on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭jarain

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Ill be online most of this evening I need to do a Nightfall, done 1 with 2 randomers last night and just as we got to the boss they jumped out and left me going solo, nearly had him dead a few times but I had to give up on it.
    I'll jump in with you If I'm on the same time need to get it done myself.

• Advertisement

jarain wrote: »
    I'll jump in with you If I'm on the same time need to get it done myself.

No probs at all dude sure I dont mind doing a couple of them this evening if needs be :D just send me a message, PSN - jonnycivic :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Crest of Alpha Lupi worth getting from Xur?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Fast revive for the Titan. I love fast revive.

Unless you're low on strange coins or you have a higher level exotic armour piece you prefer I'd say yes, it is definitely well worth getting. Crest of Alpha Lupi is a good all-rounder, it allows you generate an extra orb when casting supers and you can revive teammates quicker, carry extra ammo (pulse/shotgun by default) and it also gives you greater armour against arc damage plus better arc damage recovery.

All very handy if not spectacular perks to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Who's up for killing atheon tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

If I get to log in tonight, I'll definitely be up for this.

And for the day thats in it...

ItsNotCaark_loike_zpsehfehs5m.jpg

We all chipped in and got you this:

CTgibW9W4AAl87n.jpg

Disclaimer: Not really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Nice. Gonna get it so, have 16SC to spend :P

Nice. Gonna get it so, have 16SC to spend :P

If PvP is your thing then definitely purchase. For revive enabled playlists (ToO, Skirmish, Salvage), while not a must it is very very helpful.

On the PvE side of things, you won't be rocking it that often, if at all, if you have other exotic armour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Might be on around midnight depending on how things go, but otherwise I should be available Saturday night.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement