Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Who's up for killing atheon tonight?

Yup, I should be around. I've never done it, but been watching the youtube vid's for is, so hopefully ready for it.Sleeper simulant is supposed to be good against atheon, so have that at the ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Sounds good guys. I'm sure we'll be able to round up a couple more guys.

I'm hoping to get on, but it will definitely be after the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Wooo... Go sports teams! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

dudeeile wrote: »
    If PvP is your thing then definitely purchase. For revive enabled playlists (ToO, Skirmish, Salvage), while not a must it is very very helpful.

On the PvE side of things, you won't be rocking it that often, if at all, if you have other exotic armour.

Yeah, I got it anyways :P

Just after loading up Taken King :D time to play through all the DLC story missions/strikes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

I should be on from 10 to give a hand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

CDBWhoop wrote:
    Lo-and-behold, instead of turning back inside he goes straight out past the relic and jumps across like a right cute hoor!! Some man...

He's one to watch on strikes and raids. Always knows the back way to somewhere.

Wooo... Go sports teams! :pac:

Go FIRETEAM!

An english lad I work with wants to run the vault this evening (his first run also), so we'll have enough players. I'm aiming to get on for 10pm. Should be fun!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

PetKing wrote: »
    He's one to watch on strikes and raids. Always knows the back way to somewhere.

Shame he doesnt know the back way when he has the unwanted bomb @ golgoroth!!!

:pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

I see Remi223 has left PSN chat. New guys gather round and skip to 1:25.

Just defeated Oryx :D did it first time..only died once at the start by running off the edge..

Also almost lvl 40 and hit 200 light level!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,341 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Just defeated Oryx :D did it first time..only died once at the start by running off the edge..

Also almost lvl 40 and hit 200 light level!

I assume you are on about the Shade and the story missions.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I assume you are on about the Shade and the story missions.

oh yeah, the story missions..just started up all the DLC today :P

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

An update to the Warlock helm.
    EDIT 1: Removed misinformation about Obsidian Mind. Armory's organization had the Infusion perk slot in an odd place so I missed it. You can roll Infusion, Better Already, Invigoration, or Innervation.

Warlock - Obsidian Mind - 49 Intellect/50 Strength
    This is the even-split roll profile, and it's arguably the lesser of the possible profiles and stat spreads. You're guaranteed Intellect, and Voidwalkers prize Discipline just a tad above Strength. At 310, a max of a 60/60 split is possible, whereas the high/low roll profile could get you up to 95 Intellect. Think about it.
    Obsidian Mind is still the gold standard for Voidwalker, and the main argument for its continued viability in PvE. Stormcaller may have staying power, but Voidwalker is still top of its class for straight-up instant devastation with peerless orb generation. Without the hard cap of 5, you can still have the potential to easily generate 6-7 orbs by targeting a group (8 if you're extremely lucky), and depending on the number of enemies, you'll instantly generate a chunk of Super back. For OM VWs, those little Nightstalker orb sprinklings are even more important, and nothing is music to their ears more than the sound of some Taken spawning in with a Blight: "Oh look, target practice." I may have equivocated and gone with an A before, but if anything still deserves an S tier for PvE, it's Obsidian Mind.
    Twist Fate? : Yes
    Remember how good Inverse Shadow was on the stock model? Yeah, you need that again. Infusion is excellent, but it's not worth missing out on Inverse Shadow. So, If you Twist, aim for Inverse Shadow first, Int/Disc second, and don't worry about the rest.

We ran VoG last night, cheers to the lads, myself and 3 others finished the NTTE quest. VoG took about an hour and a half (2 hrs max)... The lads were saying how it used to be up to 4-6 hours work :D

We ran VoG last night, cheers to the lads, myself and 3 others finished the NTTE quest. VoG took about an hour and a half (2 hrs max)... The lads were saying how it used to be up to 4-6 hours work :D

I think I meant on the boss it would take 4-6 teleports. We almost downed him in 1 teleport run which was a nice surprise.

An average VoG run in year 1 would take 2-3 hours. Everyone did really well last night. We beat the Templar on our first attempt. No wipes! That was a first for me.

Upgraded NTTE with bounties and motes and now I'm scheming ways to use it. Will be great for bosses and holding Golgoroths gaze. Also Crucible!

I think I meant on the boss it would take 4-6 teleports. We almost downed him in 1 teleport run which was a nice surprise.

An average VoG run in year 1 would take 2-3 hours. Everyone did really well last night. We beat the Templar on our first attempt. No wipes! That was a first for me.

Upgraded NTTE with bounties and motes and now I'm scheming ways to use it. Will be great for bosses and holding Golgoroths gaze. Also Crucible!

Ahhh I misheard you so... Have to do crota next :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

thanks guys, it was great fun last night. first time doing the vault raid and really enjoyed it. I know the rewards aren't great, but would love to run it again.

Wouldn't mind running crota aswell sometime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

syboit wrote: »
    thanks guys, it was great fun last night. first time doing the vault raid and really enjoyed it. I know the rewards aren't great, but would love to run it again.

Vault of glass is a great raid alright, crota isnt as good as it but still well worth a look

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Good map for trials this week. If you are good with shotguns, you are in with a chance. Not a huge amount of good sniping lanes in thus, imo. Got to the Lighthouse but used the mercy boon to a team where all 3 of them were using Telesto to devastating effect, which was a turn up for the books.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Hard Oryx Done and dusted :)

Sound job lads, no messing about with leaving Ogres alive etc, just kill all the stuff

• Advertisement

Good stuff.
    I had to jump out, wasn't sure if any of ye could hear me saying it though. Happy to have gotten up to Oryx, and be 310 now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

I actually heard you Gowel. Said it to the lads as soon as you left.

It is definitely less messy killing all the stuff - just like voting - early and often!

Ah cool. Happy to see that you got someone in to replace me, and get it finished.

syboit wrote: »

Yeah I'd definitely be up for that. We should aim for the flawless raider achievement when we do our run. It's very do-able on Crota's End Normal Mode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,341 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Yeah I'd definitely be up for that. We should aim for the flawless raider achievement when we do our run. It's very do-able on Crota's End Normal Mode.

Even more so now Steve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Cormac... wrote: »
    Hard Oryx Done and dusted :)

Sound job lads, no messing about with leaving Ogres alive etc, just kill all the stuff

I disagree, both systems have pros and cons so it really does depend on what people are used to. I find the no knight strat alot better and straight forward once everyone knows what they are doing.

Have killed him on both strats. And have sherpa'ed guys doing both and they prefer no knight once the mechanics are explained.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Anyone interested in Road to King's Fall to get the 310 artefact, I've got done properly on my main so can host for others who don't want to do all the missions. Looking for someone else to host as well so I can get it on alt.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Mcsirl

Varik wrote: »
    Anyone interested in Road to King's Fall to get the 310 artefact, I've got done properly on my main so can host for others who don't want to do all the missions. Looking for someone else to host as well so I can get it on alt.

If this is on Xbox then I'm in , haven't done KF on either of my alts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Ok so I decided to complete the crucible quest this weekend. Pretty long definitively the longest quest out there in Destiny.

Finished it yesterday and decided to run the weekly bounties on all my three characters just to get a glimpse of those nightwall rewards that bungie promised.

Man was so worth it, i got 2 290 ghosts and 15 strange coins, and during those maybe 100 games I had to do to complete the quest plus the weekly bounties I didnt get a single legendary drop.

So if you are thinking of doing it dont worry about it too much, you are not missing much tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

I found the crucible questline quite fun. Got to play some game modes I normally wouldn't bother with. But if you aren't big into crucible, then I can see how it may be a slog.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement