Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,390 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I did it way back in the first week, it's really handy now you only have to unlock it on one character. Have gotten a few 310 exotics from the quests since and a 310 ghost, beats running a nightfall anyway. "Nightfall tier" drops are always going to underwhelming at this stage anyway considering there's so few exotics in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Mcsirl

Anyone raiding on Xbox tonight ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I did it way back in the first week, it's really handy now you only have to unlock it on one character. Have gotten a few 310 exotics from the quests since and a 310 ghost, beats running a nightfall anyway. "Nightfall tier" drops are always going to underwhelming at this stage anyway considering there's so few exotics in the game.

In all fairness they are pretty quick to do, not as easy as the nightfall but easy enough. However, the average loot in crucible is horrible compared to last year.

I dont remember getting anything since I am playing with the exception of a 240 party crasher way at the beginning...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

NF drops were pretty good to me 310 Supercell , 310 TLW and meh but 2 out of three ain't bad!

Got 4 310 exotic in under 2 hours on Friday. Game's being real kind to me since Fallout 4 released and a 314 Taikonaught from Trials. :D

Game dropped me into a game of control midway through. My team was getting molested. Dragged them kicking and screaming to the win. Went ahead with about ten seconds left. No-one on our side bar me broke 1 kdr. God I love the Invective.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,258 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Finally got a killing on Oryx hard mode last night. Group ran the no knight strategy and got it done on the second attempt. Ran it fresh with a few people from the same group in the hope of getting it done on a second character but failed a load of times at Oryx; I was the relic runner in that run but people kept dying on the way back to the bubble. Annoying but glad to get it done at least once; will hopefully give it another go tonight.

Didn't get too much of use from the Oryx drop. A low level helmet and a 314 Raid scout.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Finally got a killing on Oryx hard mode last night. Group ran the no knight strategy and got it done on the second attempt. Ran it fresh with a few people from the same group in the hope of getting it done on a second character but failed a load of times at Oryx; I was the relic runner in that run but people kept dying on the way back to the bubble. Annoying but glad to get it done at least once; will hopefully give it another go tonight.

Didn't get too much of use from the Oryx drop. A low level helmet and a 314 Raid scout.

Well done m8, drops are massive disappointment at oryx. But good to get him done....I have a cp for oryx so be on tonight to sort him!

BTW, I BET YOU USED THE SUPERCELL TO KILL HIM.....LMAO

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Have a checkpoint for the Warpriest Hard Mode tonight if anyone is interested. I'll be on around 8-8.30 this eve.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭roadie_2013

Morning,

I have been trying to get KF raid finished but always seem to fall short at Oryx. Mostly due to guys only willing to give it a couple of attempts. There are three of us that wants to get it done, with one having completed a few times and two having only gotten to last checkpoint.

Any chance there would be 3 that would be willing to drag us over finish line this evening? (on ps4 btw)

Cheers

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Well done m8, drops are massive disappointment at oryx. But good to get him done....I have a cp for oryx so be on tonight to sort him!

BTW, I BET YOU USED THE SUPERCELL TO KILL HIM.....LMAO

I have heard it is a beast for getting them ogres down super quick. Will bring it with me tonight if you want. Its 310, obviously....:cool::D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,341 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Have a checkpoint for the Warpriest Hard Mode tonight if anyone is interested. I'll be on around 8-8.30 this eve.

I can help out if your stuck for numbers Steve. Just send me a message if I'm not on I'll pick it up on my phone.

• Advertisement

had a weird match in trials at the week end.

Other team were WAY better than us and raced to a 4-1 lead. At which point two of them suicided at the start of the round leaving it 3vs1. We won the next 3 rounds in this way to make it 4-4.

To be honest, if they had killed themselves again I'd have wanted to kill myself and lose the match as I would reckon it was an attempt to troll the remaining guy on their team. But in the 4-4 game they went for us again, all three sniping in at us. Unfortunately for them I had just got my super and hammered the lot of them.

Can't understand why they let the match go that way though.

My moment of the weekend was when playing with a couple of other lads and in a game at 4-4 the two other guys got killed. I was in the map room and knew at least one was rushing so I Nova-bombed the door. Turned out all three had decided to rush me. TRIPLE DOWN. I laughed so much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

^ They might have been just doing it for the LOLZ

Sometimes I dance with enemies in 3v3

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Morning,

I have been trying to get KF raid finished but always seem to fall short at Oryx. Mostly due to guys only willing to give it a couple of attempts. There are three of us that wants to get it done, with one having completed a few times and two having only gotten to last checkpoint.

Any chance there would be 3 that would be willing to drag us over finish line this evening? (on ps4 btw)

Cheers

I have to finish Oryx aswell so ill be up for it :)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,390 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Might already have been to the lighthouse on that passage and were messing around or throwing the match to get some coins.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭roadie_2013

jonny24ie wrote: »
    I have to finish Oryx aswell so ill be up for it :)

Good stuff. Should be starting at about 8.15ish

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Good stuff. Should be starting at about 8.15ish

Grand I should be online for that time with a bit of luck :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,951 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Right ,

I bought the taken king and other expansions , I have not played the game in a long time, I think my character is only level 20.

Where do I start ? I think i will give it a go for a while before the Ireland game tonight.

2smiggy wrote: »
    Right ,

I bought the taken king and other expansions , I have not played the game in a long time, I think my character is only level 20.

Where do I start ? I think i will give it a go for a while before the Ireland game tonight.

Pick up on the story wherever you left off and keep doing stories until you run out of story mode or are at a decent enough level to take on raids.

2smiggy wrote: »
    Right ,

Once you install the updates and land in the tower things will be pretty clear and straight forward.

You should get about 10 hours or so before you need to start worrying. Just hit level 40 on your character and enjoy the new content for now before we barrage you with newbie info

Cormac... wrote: »
    Once you install the updates and land in the tower things will be pretty clear and straight forward.

You should get about 10 hours or so before you need to start worrying. Just hit level 40 on your character and enjoy the new content for now before we barrage you with newbie info

Yup, have to agree, theres so much content in the game its unreal. Just play and get a feel for it :D

• Advertisement

Oh and a big thanks to the like of dudeeile/madmadra/totzirl/CDB/Maxi and whoever else I missed for showing me the ropes all the way up to Oryx for the last few days, hopefully tonight I can bring him down :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Lads just a quick question for ye.

I'm about 40 hours into the taken king dlc been playing strikes and crucible randomly really as I only tend to play an hour here an hour there.

I've managed to get to 293 light and I'm just wondering what the quickest way of getting that up further.

Raids are just a no go at the moment for me due to the time. New one looks interesting though the bit of the twitch I watched ye play.

Nightfalls to a point the same but I'll try and do one soon again. I haven't done one on the taken long yet.

I have done a couple of the quests but not a lot so am open to suggestions of the best ones to help level up. Easier the better :-)

Cheers

Lads just a quick question for ye.

I'm about 40 hours into the taken king dlc been playing strikes and crucible randomly really as I only tend to play an hour here an hour there.

I've managed to get to 293 light and I'm just wondering what the quickest way of getting that up further.

Raids are just a no go at the moment for me due to the time. New one looks interesting though the bit of the twitch I watched ye play.

Nightfalls to a point the same but I'll try and do one soon again. I haven't done one on the taken long yet.

I have done a couple of the quests but not a lot so am open to suggestions of the best ones to help level up. Easier the better :-)

Cheers

Nightfalls, Raids, Trials of Osiris and probably Iron Banner will be your ways to better armour/weapons (light).

A good team can get through Oryx on normal in an hour or so; you'd jump levels with a few completions of that. If you are stuck for time run it with multiple teams of understanding guardians. If someone has a totem checkpoint, join on that, complete it in 10 or 20 minutes - good chance of much better new gear. Similar for Warpriest, Golgoroth, Sisters and Oryx. On normal level each encounter, generating drops, is fairly quick. So get the check points, run as much as you can and try come back again another day.

However, if you aren't going to be running raids, or nightfalls, the need for a higher level isn't really there, imo.

I'd recommend Court of Oryx

Thanks for that lads.

Maybe you're right not playing the raids and Nightfalls probably reduce my need for more light but I hunger for light :-)

I used to do the Nightfalls and do hope to do them again soon. Raids are another ball game. Fantastic but can be lengthy.

Would being 293 enough for a nightfall these days or would I be a severe pain in the ass for any poor unfortunate agreeing to play with me?

Thanks for that lads.

Maybe you're right not playing the raids and Nightfalls probably reduce my need for more light but I hunger for light :-)

I used to do the Nightfalls and do hope to do them again soon. Raids are another ball game. Fantastic but can be lengthy.

Would being 293 enough for a nightfall these days or would I be a severe pain in the ass for any poor unfortunate agreeing to play with me?
    recommended light level is 290 (IIRC) so you should be fine, really. It won't be easy, but you shouldn't need to be hiding and running medic all the time!

recommended light level is 290 (IIRC) so you should be fine, really. It won't be easy, but you shouldn't need to be hiding and running medic all the time!

The missus is out on Wednesday so if the kids don't wake I should get a chance to run it or maybe oryx.

... Now hopefully someone won't mind giving me a hand.
    Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

NF was pretty easy this week and that was with what I thought were pretty tough modifiers. It would be easy to two man it and tbh solo wouldn't be that hard. The tank is a one hit kill (or close enough) so you need to be a bit careful there but there's a cheese spot in the final boss room. It's up on a mound along the wall and the bosses can't kill you although you need to watch out foe adds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

The crucible weekly bounties can also give higher light level rewards, or strange coins. So if you have not unlocked these yet it is something to work towards.
    Completing them can be a bit of a pain sometimes. There is always one of them that seems to take forever to complete - usually the last weekly bounty you are chasing.

• Advertisement

gimli2112 wrote: »
    NF was pretty easy this week and that was with what I thought were pretty tough modifiers. It would be easy to two man it and tbh solo wouldn't be that hard. The tank is a one hit kill (or close enough) so you need to be a bit careful there but there's a cheese spot in the final boss room. It's up on a mound along the wall and the bosses can't kill you although you need to watch out foe adds.

Might attempt a solo run for the craic tonight then. I'll be on the vita just to make it extra tough. Lol

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement