Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Might attempt a solo run for the craic tonight then. I'll be on the vita just to make it extra tough. Lol

I wouldn't. I (rage) quit that nightfall and I was 310 and had people helping.
    Things were not going according to plan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,258 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Cormac... wrote: »

the modifiers nullifying your awesome jumping skills would have been tough on you alright.:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Maybe not so. If someone like yourself who knows what you're at and is good at the game rage quit I think it'd be a bit of waste of my time tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

I can show you a cheese spot.

the modifiers nullifying your awesome jumping skills would have been tough on you alright.:P

I don't always Jump....

But when I do, I Jump to Orbit

(••_••)
    ( ••_••)>⌐■■-■■
    (⌐■■_■■)

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,390 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Maybe not so. If someone like yourself who knows what you're at and is good at the game rage quit I think it'd be a bit of waste of my time tbh.

It's really not that bad, with small arms on your primary weapons will do good damage so clearing the ads isn't a problem. Soloing at your light level would be tough but if you can get at least one other person (preferably higher light level) it's straight forward enough. A sunsinger warlock or two would be no harm.

I can show you a cheese spot.

Couldn't be f**ked, Cal tried to show me how to do it, but at the stage I was a broken and battered man. There was no (currently existing) reward that would have made that experience worth it. I'm 310 and have a bunch of 310 exotics for all my characters. I'm done with stuff like that. But thanks for the offer.

On a semi-related note I don't get why people keep complaining about drops. Once you are 310 and have a bunch of exotics (weapons and armour) to choose from, what do people expect to get? I mean there's no real "Fist in the air" moment Exotics like Gjallahorn or Hawkmoon or HotPF left really. Think people expect 320 Gjallys to be dropping from stuff :pac:

I'm afraid we must not have met before.....

I don't always Jump....

But when I do, I Jump to Orbit

(••_••)
    ( ••_••)>⌐■■-■■
    (⌐■■_■■)

nailed it.

I should mention we were 3 hunters...... that was part of the issue..... I hate those tiny handed f**kers :P

Couldn't be f**ked, Cal tried to show me how to do it, but at the stage I was a broken and battered man. There was no (currently existing) reward that would have made that experience worth it. I'm 310 and have a bunch of 310 exotics for all my characters. I'm done with stuff like that. But thanks for the offer.

On a semi-related note I don't get why people keep complaining about drops. Once you are 310 and have a bunch of exotics (weapons and armour) to choose from, what do people expect to get? I mean there's no real "Fist in the air" moment Exotics like Gjallahorn or Hawkmoon or HotPF left really. Think people expect 320 Gjallys to be dropping from stuff :pac:

I'm afraid we must not have met before.....

From nightfall etc I agree - but from HM raid I get annoyed when my drops aren't over 310 for weapons or NOT A GOD DAMN HELMET for armour. I have some 310 weapons, some above that - but i would love a few more primary 310(or higher) weapons so that I can start infusing the normal legendaries that I have and like. I'm kinda stuck on using ToM or Jade Rabbit at the moment cause they were the only 310 weapons I have. Got a 314 raid scout yesterday and have a 307 red death, but beyond that it is 300 and lower.

Side note - have a 315 1000 years stare and a 318 raid shotty... Beyond upgrading the Telesto i'm not sure I'm arsenal about any other secondary in the game (unless they are dropping at 320!)

• Advertisement

^ So go kill Oryx a bunch more times and it'll come in time.

I still haven't gotten a SINGLE Raid Helm since tTK launched, you don't see my whinging.

Then again I have been particularly anti-whinging recently.... must be hitting my 30's

I feel a sense of calmness, and wanting to enjoy my time playing Destiny.

Once you actually don't give a hoot about drops the game is like 3 times more enjoyable.... well it is to me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

^ So go kill Oryx a bunch more times and it'll come in time.

Have killed him 6 times and nothing, nothing even remotely worth it....I bet it will be like this for another couple of weeks.

Pain in the swiss the drops off him. You deffo get better drops on the run upto him...:rolleyes:

I got a 308 raid helmet from the normal mode in all the times I beat him on that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

In fairness, on that nf attempt being 3 hunters did not help.
    Also, I was only in the semi-cheese spot - but it does work if you let the bosses come out into the arena and can handle the mobs.

I still enjoy playing the game though I guess I am about to diversify a little. Would really like to team up more for PvP if others are on for that - I usually do the weekly bounties at the weekends.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Have killed him 6 times and nothing, nothing even remotely worth it....I bet it will be like this for another couple of weeks.

Pain in the swiss the drops off him. You deffo get better drops on the run upto him...:rolleyes:

I got 3 drops off him :pac:
    I even said to the lads I was gonna send you the screenshot.
    But I didn't in the end cause I would have looked like even more of a dope given how strong the group was and how deridingly average I was
    nocal wrote: »
    In fairness, on that nf attempt being 3 hunters did not help.
    Also, I was only in the semi-cheese spot - but it does work if you let the bosses come out into the arena and can handle the mobs.

I still enjoy playing the game though I guess I am about to diversify a little. Would really like to team up more for PvP if others are on for that - I usually do the weekly bounties at the weekends.

I've been running the Weekly Crucible NF bounties and doing a few Trials cards at weekends just for the practice.
    Still can't beat my 6 wins (i think) in Year 2 though
    Even just doing 10-15 games a weekend is helping to learn the mode better.
    Won't be going flawless anytime soon, I mess up way too much

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,390 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I got 3 drops off him :pac:
    I even said to the lads I was gonna send you the screenshot.
    But I didn't in the end cause I would have looked like even more of a dope given how strong the group was and how deridingly average I was

3 drops overall or 3 harrowed drops?

Mickeroo wrote: »
    3 drops overall or 3 harrowed drops?

2 of 1, and 1 of the other. All were infused into stuff I think, definitely had a Harrowed Primary cause I put it into my Jade Rabbit IIRC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Still can't beat my 6 wins (i think) in Year 2 though Even just doing 10-15 games a weekend is helping to learn the mode better. Won't be going flawless anytime soon, I mess up way too much

My trials experience seems to consist off this is easy, this is so easy, Is that three wins already?, god this is so easy, what the hell just happened?

2 of 1, and 1 of the other. All were infused into stuff I think, definitely had a Harrowed Primary cause I put it into my Jade Rabbit IIRC

Ah right, other two were just normal mode drops so, have only had to primaries so far on similar number of completions to wonda-boy (maybe a couple more) so RNG smiled upon you there!

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Ah right, other two were just normal mode drops so, have only had to primaries so far on similar number of completions to wonda-boy (maybe a couple more) so RNG smiled upon you there!

It's always the lucky newbies that get this stuff. My mate get's all the best stuff and only plays the game the odd time :)

Just checked there, think it was Harrowed HC, Normal PR and Normal Secondary

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Is it just me or has pvp become slightly easier?

I was doing a quest the last couple of nights in crucible and I did better than usual. I suppose there's a chance I'm actually improving but I doubt it. Lol.

On a side note I saw you randomly in the tower the other day and was like look there's Nocal.
    I pointed. You didn't point back. I felt silly. I moved on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

Is it just me or has pvp become slightly easier?

I was doing a quest the last couple of nights in crucible and I did better than usual. I suppose there's a chance I'm actually improving but I doubt it. Lol.

On a side note I saw you randomly in the tower the other day and was like look there's Nocal.
    I pointed. You didn't point back. I felt silly. I moved on.

I think that was after I waved at you, got no response so I felt silly and moved on :D

I think for PVP it depends on the class. Hunters are not the all powerful PVP beings that they once were. Warlocks have to choose which special skill to use depending on the map and game type.
    Titans: Hammers = easy mode on.

I was playing some control yesterday trying to get my hand canon kills for the weekly bounty. I was wrecking with a Y1 hawkmoon - no idea what was going on.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Everyone waves to other boardsies and feel akward when they get no reply haha

Altho my moment was piddling about on the dreadnaut the other day and was at the CoO and a few of the lads popped in to say hi haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Anyone from xbone on tonigh, still have an oryx (normal mode) cp, wouldn't mind finishing him off and hopefully get something nice from the drops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,510 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Varik wrote: »
    Anyone interested in Road to King's Fall to get the 310 artefact, I've got done properly on my main so can host for others who don't want to do all the missions. Looking for someone else to host as well so I can get it on alt.

you just need to have unlocked the taken war: etc quest, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

syboit wrote: »
    Anyone from xbone on tonigh, still have an oryx (normal mode) cp, wouldn't mind finishing him off and hopefully get something nice from the drops.

I'll be on after the match Aces. Would be good to get the drops. We'll see if we can organise a group.

I still have the Warpriest HM checkpoint from Saturday also.

Pro Tips for the Hard Mode Daughters
    After killing the first daughter, do DPS to the second daughter from the very top of the dead daughters platform. From up here, you can place a titan bubble at the back to pop in and out of it for weapons of light during the entire DPS phase. Also the adds can't hit you up there to shake your screen. This results in MUCH more sustained DPS than putting a titan bubble in the middle and jumping up to the small ledge below the platform that most people DPS from.

When doing DPS with touch of malice to the daughters, make sure to crouch. This will significantly reduce the recoil of your touch of malice and allow you land many more headshots.

When killing the second daughter, have hunters use black hole tethers to increase your DPS. If you have multiple hunters, decide in advance who will tether first and second. Black hole is best for this because it makes the tether last longer.

When slamming the relic on the daughter make sure that you are : 1) On the ground, 2) At the edge of the platform and 3) Facing the direction you want to go. This will reduce the force of the slam that launches you and make sure you get launched in the correct direction (where you want to go).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

I'll be on after the match Aces. Would be good to get the drops. We'll see if we can organise a group.

I still have the Warpriest HM checkpoint from Saturday also.

Cool if we have enough we might be able to make a dent in both :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Varik wrote: »
    Anyone interested in Road to King's Fall to get the 310 artefact, I've got done properly on my main so can host for others who don't want to do all the missions. Looking for someone else to host as well so I can get it on alt.

Sorry about that on Sunday, we actually ended up with a full fireteam later and continued on. Takes about an hour to knock out so well worth setting aside some time to get it done. I'm pretty sure there are plenty of guys that still need to do this but I'll hit you up with a message the next time I see you on and help out if needed.
    had a weird match in trials at the week end.

Other team were WAY better than us and raced to a 4-1 lead. At which point two of them suicided at the start of the round leaving it 3vs1. We won the next 3 rounds in this way to make it 4-4.

To be honest, if they had killed themselves again I'd have wanted to kill myself and lose the match as I would reckon it was an attempt to troll the remaining guy on their team. But in the 4-4 game they went for us again, all three sniping in at us. Unfortunately for them I had just got my super and hammered the lot of them.

Can't understand why they let the match go that way though.

I was there for that, there reasons do not bother me, no teabagging and the final round started with pointing, waving and dancing. It was an epic victory (even if we didn't fully deserve it). It was 3v1 then he dropped 1 of us on C but I was just by the secondary so I run over and lobbed in an axion bolt and follow up, drop him but the fecker self res', panic mode as I know this guy is good. I hop the crate, throw a punch in case he's there but he headed the other way so I try to make my getaway, seems like he misses 2 sniper shots, I turn, take aim and bang head shot. Most legendary moment in my playing career :D

But wait, that shot did not win the round! My moment of pure glory was stolen from me when I watched the video back. There was your good self, perched high above the action capturing the control point. I knew there was something up at the time as we got the win before my shot rang out but I thought it was because he res'd up. I must stick the video snippet up later in the week, your gamertag is clear as day but I didn't notice it at the time.

There was also the other game where the guys beat us fairly comprehensively but for some reason we end up playing them again in the next round, goddamnit Bungie. Anyway, these guys teabagged us at every available opportunity in the first meeting but in the next game we wipe them all nice and close in the final round, the teabag session was epic :), I believe I could actually hear their screams it hurt so much.
    The crucible weekly bounties can also give higher light level rewards, or strange coins. So if you have not unlocked these yet it is something to work towards.
    Completing them can be a bit of a pain sometimes. There is always one of them that seems to take forever to complete - usually the last weekly bounty you are chasing.

Missed these all together, are they the crucible one's for each of the subclasses?
    you just need to have unlocked the taken war: etc quest, right?

I think you just have to have the story completed. I loaded the missions up on my main then left the fireteam and then joined back in with my alt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,510 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Ok, if anyone is on later tonight and has the road to taken king missions so I can skip the taken event spawns that would be great. GT is currently omg Im n a tank

• Advertisement

GOD DAMN YOU AND YOUR DAMN GLITCHES BUNGIE. We fecking had it - killed the shade then 3 seconds later.... WIPE. AARRRRGGGHHHH.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement