Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,544 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Good fun today in Trials. Running with Nocal and some lfger, getting the chest and Pulse. Finally feel like I'm making some decent headway with Trials. Here's to tomorrow's IB. Is the reset glitch still working?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Is the reset glitch still working?

Nope. Having a patch update at the beginning of IB plugged that hole.

(That's what she said)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Will that 4th ghost in the tower be accessible now while IB is on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,341 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Will that 4th ghost in the tower be accessible now while IB is on?

Yes. Out on the rail at the back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,258 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Nightfall is Tankis.

Main modifiers are Airbourne, Exposure (shields are buffed but do not regen) and Solar burn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Nightfall is Tankis.

Main modifiers are Airbourne, Exposure (shields are buffed but do not regen) and Solar burn.

Back in the day that would have been Gally, Black hammer and VoC all day long. I kinda like the way you have to think more about what weapons -- at least the primary -- you are going to use now.

nevelator wrote: »
    Back in the day that would have been Gally, Black hammer and VoC all day long. I kinda like the way you have to think more about what weapons -- at least the primary -- you are going to use now.
    i'll be going any primary, my 1000YS (solar) and Sleeper Simulant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

dudeeile wrote: »
    Missed these all together, are they the crucible one's for each of the subclasses?

The path to opening the crucible bounties starts with accepting "Crucible Forged" from Lord Shaxx. It is a long, and painful at times, road to complete - you will have to finish in the top 3 in Rumble 3 times and win 3 elimination matches along the way.

Once the weekly bounties are open on one character, then they are available on all 3 characters. Bounties can be picked up from Shaxx.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Finally beat Oryx :D Then i stayed up until nearly 3 this morning farming bits for my exotic sword, hopefully I get the rest done later on this evening but ill be knocking the ps4 off early tonight :D

nocal wrote: »
    The path to opening the crucible bounties starts with accepting "Crucible Forged" from Lord Shaxx. It is a long, and painful at times, road to complete - you will have to finish in the top 3 in Rumble 3 times and win 3 elimination matches along the way.

Once the weekly bounties are open on one character, then they are available on all 3 characters. Bounties can be picked up from Shaxx.
    Did I read right that Bungie have admitted the crucible quest was too long and that a forthcoming patch would make it completed for all characters once completed on one?

THought I may also have read they would be making changes to the quest line too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Did I read right that Bungie have admitted the crucible quest was too long and that a forthcoming patch would make it completed for all characters once completed on one?

THought I may also have read they would be making changes to the quest line too.

I read that somewhere too. I'm stuck on the "win 5 games of Elimination" part. There was no Elimination playlist when I last checked. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,510 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

I read that somewhere too. I'm stuck on the "win 5 games of Elimination" part. There was no Elimination playlist when I last checked. :confused:

Yeah there is, open the crucible playlist, middle top.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

I think Trials, when active, replaces the Elimination playlist. Games in Trials do count as Elimination games for the bounty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Doesn't Trials count as elimination? You know ... Trials ... that game mode we were inviting you to on Sunday but you'd no interest... ;)

I'm on that bit as well Steve so we can knock them out together to save us matchmaking with randomers.

Anyone on for some IB tonight ?

The patch to make the bounties available on all characters once one character had completed the questline, has already been applied.
    Not sure if they are going to alter the questline.
    I concentrated on opening it up one weekend - and made good progress. then just worked my way through it over the coming week. It took me ages to get the 3 elimination wins. I think I got one quickly enough and then Bungies matchmaking decided to completely troll me. A few hours later got matched with a team of 2 with one very good player. Got matched against teams of 3 and got the 2 wins on the trot.

On the bright side, while running trials last night I got two of the weekly bounties completed on the warlock, so I will be at 2/5 as soon as he visits Shaxx this evening. These were old bounties that he was still carrying around. If the same bounty is available this week then he will not be able to pick it up. And yes Trials does count as Elimination - one of my bounties only had "Win one match in Elimination" outstanding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

syboit wrote: »
    Anyone from xbone on tonigh, still have an oryx (normal mode) cp, wouldn't mind finishing him off and hopefully get something nice from the drops.

Had to shoot off last night but I think I should be on tonight, and with no trials to distract me :P

Doesn't Trials count as elimination? You know ... Trials ... that game mode we were inviting you to on Sunday but you'd no interest... ;)

Thought you were raiding that eve. But either way, I'd need to have a clear schedule and a quiet, empty room to play trials. I had neither on Sunday. :( I've been playing more Crucible lately. Enjoying it again. I'll be on IB a good bit this week. Skipped it last time out. Hopefully the reward/loot system is fixed this time around.

Emmet, yeah, I'd be up for that. Those 3v3 game modes are a pain to play with randomers.

Thought you were raiding that eve. But either way, I'd need to have a clear schedule and a quiet, empty room to play trials. I had neither on Sunday. :( I've been playing more Crucible lately. Enjoying it again. I'll be on IB a good bit this week. Skipped it last time out. Hopefully the reward/loot system is fixed this time around.

Emmet, yeah, I'd be up for that. Those 3v3 game modes are a pain to play with randomers.

Cool send me an invite sure.

We may get a six together again like we did before TTK and destroy all who oppose us on a daily basis :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

nocal wrote: »

Ah got it now, I'm on step 4 for the factions. I'll just concentrate a bit more on this as I have just be knocking it out in the background so far.

• Advertisement

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Cool send me an invite sure.

We may get a six together again like we did before TTK and destroy all who oppose us on a daily basis :D

Team Sh!tb@g FTW!! No Thorns this time around though :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Ah got it now, I'm on step 4 for the factions. I'll just concentrate a bit more on this as I have just be knocking it out in the background so far.

Crucible seems to have gotten easier in the last week aswell. I got a few of these quests knocked out and my exotic sword quest kills in an hour or so on it.

Team Sh!tb@g FTW!! No Thorns this time around though :pac:

4 Bubble Bros with shotguns and No Back Up Plans and Two Sunbreakers to burn the world or two Nightstalkers to tether the deckers where they stand :D

Just google "destiny unlocking weekly crucible bounties" and you will find a full reddit guide.

The fun is just beginning - it is actually 5 elimination wins. Step 7:win multiple matches with 6 kills with a particular weapon type can be a real slog.
    Y1 Mida Multi Tool and Hawkmoon served me well for these.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

@Generic - maybe something to add to your IB post on Reddit:

Had a look through your post and didn't see anything really explaining the power difference between guardians.

https://www.bungie.net/7_Power-Still-Matters/en/News/News?aid=13754

You have the graph included by not the explanation of the numbers on the graph. 1 level on the graph is equal to 10LL - so there is feck all difference between a 310 guardian and a 300 guardian.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

ibFoxer wrote: »
    Had to shoot off last night but I think I should be on tonight, and with no trials to distract me :P

Trials was good fun though, I'm afraid ye lads had to carry me through some of those matches.

Just beat Kagoor for my 46th calcified fragment, some random guy with an exotic sword did some amount of damage. Think I should be getting my last quest for it tomorow at arms day.

Should be on tonight aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

syboit wrote: »
    Trials was good fun though, I'm afraid ye lads had to carry me through some of those matches.

Just beat Kagoor for my 46th calcified fragment, some random guy with an exotic sword did some amount of damage. Think I should be getting my last quest for it tomorow at arms day.

Should be on tonight aswell.

Still on 40 :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Will be on tonight for a hard raid lads from 9 onwards....any takers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Still on 40 :rolleyes:

which ones you missing, the court of oryx ones ? I think the T3 boss this week is one of the more easier ones. Will give you a hand if I'm on.

I still need to get that scent of a worm one, someday when my jumping improves :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement