Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

syboit wrote: »
    which ones you missing, the court of oryx ones ? I think the T3 boss this week is one of the more easier ones. Will give you a hand if I'm on.

I still need to get that scent of a worm one, someday when my jumping improves :D

You were close enough with the jumping the last time, another couple of goes and you would've had it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

You were close enough with the jumping the last time, another couple of goes and you would've had it.

just need to watch myself when coming out of the jumps, tend to overshoot it :) . That last fragment is just bringing out the collector in me "gotta get them all!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,510 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

syboit wrote: »
    which ones you missing, the court of oryx ones ? I think the T3 boss this week is one of the more easier ones. Will give you a hand if I'm on.

I still need to get that scent of a worm one, someday when my jumping improves :D

Have you got someone to stand on the bridges for you?

Iron banner with 280 gear again, thought they might increase that. Not sure if I will bother this time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Iron banner with 280 gear again, thought they might increase that. Not sure if I will bother this time.

I tried it, is almost as unenjoable as the control version. Lag everywhere, can't hit a single thing, getting kills over 1 second after I shot etc

I dont think I will be playing it at all this week either. Even the rewards are not worth it IMO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,258 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Stupid storm. Power out since 4. Not around tomorrow night. Iron banner eluding me again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

Weapon parts for sale in the Gun smith now. Cheap enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Stupid storm. Power out since 4. Not around tomorrow night. Iron banner eluding me again!

Same power came back around 6.45. Was on around 8 by the time I grabbed something to eat.

Went to download the update and was forced to redownload the full 18gb Taken King patch which messed up my night.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Thats 6 matches in a row that i've lost, this iron banner isnt off to a good start for me.

Same power came back around 6.45. Was on around 8 by the time I grabbed something to eat.

Went to download the update and was forced to redownload the full 18gb Taken King patch which messed up my night.

Came back on for me after 10pm but was near 11 by the time the update downloaded.

Managed to get a few Iron Banner games in. A couple of losses but mostly wins - don't think the boards team we got together (Me, Generic, Optimus, Chip, Nocal and Nev) lost a match.

Generic got that 2500 bounty done in his first game. Well, lads, the ego landed on that one. "Don't know what yer all moaning about, just need to get good, scrubs. All those salty tears on Reddit, bunch of noobs." this may not be an accurate reflection of what was said.....

I picked it up in the next match and I'm fairly sure one of the other lads got it in the next game.

Not a fan of clash though; too aimless - too much spawn jumping, which splits the team up or puts them behind you. I prefer Control for the predictability factor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

I miss the good ole days of spawn trapping some poor team of randoms on domination :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

That update was horrifying. Restarted several times on me. Went back to Fallout 4 (first game I've played in 14 months where I'm not just kidding myself that it's OK to not play Destiny).

If I run a few NF's and a few KF HM drops leading to Oryx, I'm happy enough with my week. I'm turning into a super-filthy casual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

PetKing wrote: »
    That update was horrifying. Restarted several times on me. Went back to Fallout 4 (first game I've played in 14 months where I'm not just kidding myself that it's OK to not play Destiny).

If I run a few NF's and a few KF HM drops leading to Oryx, I'm happy enough with my week. I'm turning into a super-filthy casual.

Same for me. Wanted to play Destiny but the update drove me insane. Went onto Fallout 4 while it was downloading. Hopped onto Destiny shortly after it downlaoded. I love FO4 but Destiny keeps dragging me back.
    What was in the update?
    There seems to be a cool sound when I spawn in but that could be down to my exotic DO cloak :D. I see we can buy weapon parts cheaply, so stocked up on those and some new PvP quests. Any tinkering with weapons or anything?

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Same for me. Wanted to play Destiny but the update drove me insane. Went onto Fallout 4 while it was downloading. Hopped onto Destiny shortly after it downlaoded. I love FO4 but Destiny keeps dragging me back.
    What was in the update?
    There seems to be a cool sound when I spawn in but that could be down to my exotic DO cloak :D. I see we can buy weapon parts cheaply, so stocked up on those and some new PvP quests. Any tinkering with weapons or anything?

Weapons are all the same, no nerfing or buffing - that may come in the december update.

This one added ability to buy weapon parts, fixed some raid/strike issues, drop rates in crucible. Was supposed to increase the rep gains in IB by 20% but Generic was saying last night that the rep was still the same as it was before.

Iron Banner Bounties for today.

13 Primary kills.
    3 Heavy Kills.
    10 precision Kills.

All three quite easy, thankfully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,341 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Iron Banner Bounties for today.

13 Primary kills.
    3 Heavy Kills.
    10 precision Kills.

All three quite easy, thankfully.

Should knock those out quick enough.

I finished all the daily bounties on the Hunter yesterday and got the 10 streak in my second game.

Then switched to the Warlock and got the 10 streak in the first game.

That 2500 bounty is though though. When I got it I'd 22 kills in the game and don't think I could have gotten much more. Hopefully for the next Clash IB the have that reduced to 1750/2000 to make it a little fairer to achieve.

My plan for IB this time around is to pick up the bounties each day on all the characters and play each character until I've the daily ones finished and then switch over to the next guy. I know I miss out on the extra rep gain buy not having one above rank 3 but at least they will be close to 3 by Friday and I should have all the Weekly IB bounties done and will focus on one Character then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

The crucible questline has been altered also - it should be easier to unlock the weekly bounties now. Match completions are required rather than match wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

nocal wrote: »
    The crucible questline has been altered also - it should be easier to unlock the weekly bounties now. Match completions are required rather than match wins.

Yep, I was doing the auto rifle kills quest yesterday and couldn't get a kill with the fecking yokes. That is what happens when you have been using Thorn/Pulse rifles for the year. Eventually switched to the Trials bullet hose, treated it like a sidearm, and finally got that part done.
    If I had to win the match, I'd still be playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

. Was supposed to increase the rep gains in IB by 20% but Generic was saying last night that the rep was still the same as it was before.

I was getting 60 points for a win. So I'm wondering does in kick in after Rank 1.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Nearly have the 500 kills for my sword, 85% complete :D

• Advertisement

I was getting 60 points for a win. So I'm wondering does in kick in after Rank 1.

But with all the iron banner bits you should be getting a 20% buff on top of that.

Unless, because the class item is armour now, the IB items don't buff themselves; so the 20% increase in default rep is to make up for now longer getting an increase from IB Items.

But with all the iron banner bits you should be getting a 20% buff on top of that.

Unless, because the class item is armour now, the IB items don't buff themselves; so the 20% increase in default rep is to make up for now longer getting an increase from IB Items.

I'm only wearing the Y1 version of the Million Million shader nothing else IB. I got a 305 chest piece drop after Rank 2 yesterday. So I'll bump that up and equip, see if it makes a difference.

I'm only wearing the Y1 version of the Million Million shader nothing else IB. I got a 305 chest piece drop after Rank 2 yesterday. So I'll bump that up and equip, see if it makes a difference.

In Y1 it was the shader, emblem and class item that gave buffs - if they still give buffs then the rep hasn't been increased (i had shader and emblem on last night - my class item wrecks my build) and was getting 60 I think. Will double check today.

Didn't get to Rank two yesterday myself. 1 victory away from getting it but had to call it a night.

Only played with one character.

Need 9 more special kills for weekly 1.
    6 more games and 2 wins for weekly 2.
    Reach IB 4 for weekly 3.

Will keep all the weeklies til the end of the week though, to complete rank to 5.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Im all about the quests for the next few days, last night I opened up 3 crucible quests for my titan mainly because I just started using my defender class for the first time. So i'll be bouncing around the crucible trying to fist everyone :P

Managed to get a few Iron Banner games in. A couple of losses but mostly wins - don't think the boards team we got together (Me, Generic, Optimus, Chip, Nocal and Nev) lost a match.

Our crowning achievement. I believe Nevelator and his fellow Americans call it "clutch"

074c2dc783261a4aeb9e35a0fdd629d6.jpg

Turns out earlier in the day I was carrying 2 of the same kill 3 rapidly bounties. Don't know why I was shooting Hochspitch in the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Our crowning achievement. I believe Nevelator and his fellow Americans call it "clutch"

I believe it was Conovar who went like totally clutch and snatched victory from the jaws of defeat. :)

nevelator wrote: »
    I believe it was Conovar who went like totally clutch and snatched victory from the jaws of defeat. :)
    Yeah, just me calmly doing my thing.... No biggie.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,390 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Any word on anything good dropping? The hand cannon and machine gun aren't much of an incentive to bother with it.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Any word on anything good dropping? The hand cannon and machine gun aren't much of an incentive to bother with it.

300 chest piece is the best i saw so far

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »

THink I read on Reddit the class item and ghost can drop - at up to 320.

Also think in the last IB 310 Exotics could drop.

Might get some nice stuff out of the rank 5 packages too; dunno.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement