Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

300 chest piece is the best i saw so far

yeah, same here 300 legendary chest piece. I came last in 2 games with 9 & 10 kills and still ended up with the best rewards!

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭wexdevil

just saw a 309 chest drop in IB

jealous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,510 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

wexdevil wrote: »
    just saw a 309 chest drop in IB

jealous

Yeah seems it is worth playing this time around, a good few legendarys dropping too.

summoned the hive and cabal champions on the dreadnough, it just flash up "champions are about to clash" when some random killed the hive champion :(

THink I read on Reddit the class item and ghost can drop - at up to 320.

Also think in the last IB 310 Exotics could drop.

Might get some nice stuff out of the rank 5 packages too; dunno.

Just got to rank 3 and got a blue 310 artifact from the package

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,341 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Just got to rank 3 and got a blue 310 artifact from the package

A blue 310 ? Blues have only ever dropped up to 300 before haven't they ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,258 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

emmetkenny wrote: »

Yep - seen tale of this on Reddit too - so i'll be keeping my eye out for a 310 artifact. My hunter is still rocking a fecking 295 one.

Yup, blue. 300 was the highest blue I'd heard of previously too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,544 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

I've had 4 chests drop, highest one so far at 304. See what the level 3 package has today.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

syboit wrote: »
    summoned the hive and cabal champions on the dreadnough, it just flash up "champions are about to clash" when some random killed the hive champion :(

What happens when they clash?

Is it a cool slow mo fight scene like in matrix or a fast paced arms flying everywhere non stop action fight like in ong bak 2?

Side note, everyone should watch ong bak 2

• Advertisement

What happens when they clash?

Is it a cool slow mo fight scene like in matrix or a fast paced arms flying everywhere non stop action fight like in ong bak 2?

Side note, everyone should watch ong bak 2

seen a vid on youtube, if you let them alone they start fighting each other, with their minions around them.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Mcsirl

Anyone running kings fall raid on Xbox tonight ?

Mcsirl wrote: »
    Anyone running kings fall raid on Xbox tonight ?

I should be on tonight. If people get bored of Iron Banner I could do with a hand doing the sunless cell strike to finish my exotic sword :)

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Mcsirl

syboit wrote: »
    I should be on tonight. If people get bored of Iron Banner I could do with a hand doing the sunless cell strike to finish my exotic sword :)

I can give you a hand with that , I should be on around 9 just give me a shout

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,544 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Same as above, got a 310 Blue artifact from the lvl 3 package. So far had 4 chests, 1 gauntlet and a HC drop. Haven't seen anyone getting any exotics or gear above 310.

Mcsirl wrote: »
    I can give you a hand with that , I should be on around 9 just give me a shout

thanks for the hand last night, I think yesterday could have been my luckiest day on destiny. Got some nice drops from IB, and then haunted with that respawn into the sunless cell.

Even got lucky afterwards playing rumble match, the factions quest has now changed from finishing top 3 to just completing, played one game and only 4 of us in it, and managed the top 3 anyways to get 3 points :)

Heavy Iron and Familiar Iron are repeat bounties today - Iron light is the third bounty.

Disappointing for me because I wasn't able to get on yesterday to play, but picked up the bounties. Was hoping for 3 new ones today so that I could have 6 to aim for. Bugger.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭roadie_2013

Had a good evening yesterday!!

Got the Touch of Malice quest finished and then went and dropped Three of Coins in the room on the ship on the Dreadnaught. Had two exotic engams drop which decoded into Jade Rabit and 4th Horseman!!
    Then to top it off I managed to get my 25 kills with sword in Crucible (had been struggling big time with this as I am fairly s**t at PVP).

Well chuffed I was!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

There's a good guide to making the Hard Oryx fight (with Knight killing) a bit easier here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3tbu4j/my_team_finally_has_hm_oryxfight_foolproofed_here/

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

Iron Banner rewards:

post-game rewards starting with Rank 2: armor and weapons (sold by Saladin with 280-310 light)
    post-game rewards starting with Rank 4: armor and weapons (sold by Saladin with 280-310 light & iron shell with 310-320 light)

rank 3 package: motes, coins and a rare artifact with 310 light
    rank 5 package: ghost shell with 310-320 light and a random item from the IB set with 310-320 light

items in the loot table:

Iron Shell Ghost Shell (320 possible)
    Iron Companion Helm Titan Helmet
    Iron Companion Hood Warlock Helmet (320 highest confirmed)
    Iron Companion Legs Warlock Leg Armor
    Wolfswood Bond Warlock Bond (320 possible)

Weapons:
    Haakon's Hatchet Auto Rifle
    Nirwen's Mercy Pulse Rifle
    Colovance's Duty Scout Rifle
    Ashraven's Flight Fusion Rifle
    Weyloran's March Sniper Rifle
    Tormod's Bellows Rocket Launcher

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Bollix, that's me grinding through IB this weekend so.

gimli2112 wrote: »

Yep. Also means I'll hold off running the warlock or hunter til i have ranked the Titan to 5. Means more games as Hunter/Warlock with Rank 5 drops
    possible.

EDIT:

Sorry, didn't see that CDBs post didn't say this - the loot table for your Alt characters is seemingly decided by the highest rank on your account; so if you rank your main to 5, all your games with your alts have the possibility to get rank 5 drops, regardless of their rank.

So, imo, no point in ranking them all up side by side.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

gimli2112 wrote: »

With the increasing daily buff, alt buffs, daily and weekly IB bounties and medallions for a loss, and guaranteed rewards, ranking up is so much less grindy than before. Remember Iron Banner in year one, now that was a grind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,341 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

CDBWhoop wrote: »
    Iron Banner rewards:

post-game rewards starting with Rank 2: armor and weapons (sold by Saladin with 280-310 light)
    post-game rewards starting with Rank 4: armor and weapons (sold by Saladin with 280-310 light & iron shell with 310-320 light)

rank 3 package: motes, coins and a rare artifact with 310 light
    rank 5 package: ghost shell with 310-320 light and a random item from the IB set with 310-320 light

items in the loot table:

Iron Shell Ghost Shell (320 possible)
    Iron Companion Helm Titan Helmet
    Iron Companion Hood Warlock Helmet (320 highest confirmed)
    Iron Companion Legs Warlock Leg Armor
    Wolfswood Bond Warlock Bond (320 possible)

Weapons:
    Haakon's Hatchet Auto Rifle
    Nirwen's Mercy Pulse Rifle
    Colovance's Duty Scout Rifle
    Ashraven's Flight Fusion Rifle
    Weyloran's March Sniper Rifle
    Tormod's Bellows Rocket Launcher

Now there is actually a reason to get to Rank 5 on all characters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

CDBWhoop wrote: »
    With the increasing daily buff, alt buffs, daily and weekly IB bounties and medallions for a loss, and guaranteed rewards, ranking up is so much less grindy than before. Remember Iron Banner in year one, now that was a grind.

Ah yeah. I've been carrying around the weekly bounties on two characters since the last IB. Man was I dissappointed they were the same. Plan is just to fill up on IB bounties over the weekend and cash them Monday.
    Awaits PSN offline all day Monday. :eek:

Now there is actually a reason to get to Rank 5 on all characters.

The package at rank 5 is the goal - but all drops will be available to alt characters once you hit rank 5 with your main.

*according to the megathread on Reddit on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Yep. Also means I'll hold off running the warlock or hunter til i have ranked the Titan to 5. Means more games as Hunter/Warlock with Rank 5 drops
    possible.

Good call there.

At what rank do the weapons drop, is it after rank 2 like the armour? Don't recall seeing any IB weapons drop yet.

nevelator wrote: »
    Good call there.

At what rank do the weapons drop, is it after rank 2 like the armour? Don't recall seeing any IB weapons drop yet.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3ted1t/iron_banner_reward_package_confirmed_rank_5_drops/

Important info (IMO)
    As soon as you are hitting a specific Rank on one of your Toons, the PGR are adjusted for all your Alts. E.g. your Main is Rank 3 and your Alt is Rank 0, your Alt is qualified to drop an armor piece or weapon as a PGR1.

IB drops work as the following:

PGR Rank 2 and above: armor sold by Saladin (280-310)

PGR Rank 3 and above: armor & weapons sold by Saladin (280-310)

PGR Rank 4 and above: armor & weapons sold by Saladin (280-310) & Iron Shell (310-320 light)

Rank 3 PKG: 4 motes, 4 coins and a random rare artifact with 310 light (infusion fuel)

Rank 5 PKG: Iron Shell (310-320) and a random item from the IB set (weapon/armor; 310-320)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Bet we won't see much moaning about drops in the Crucible Chat when people hit Ranks 3 and 5 so :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

IB drops look great, but been away the last few days, and still playing Fallout 4.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement