Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,258 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Cormac... wrote: »
    Bet we won't see much moaning about drops in the Crucible Chat when people hit Ranks 3 and 5 so :pac:

well, what CAN drop can be very different to what DOES drop.

So plenty of room for whinging, i reckon. don't worry!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Tower Thought: F**k Clash

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 924 ✭✭✭thegame983

Agreed. Clash is really dumb. Lowest common denominator stuff.

You can tell after a few minutes if you're going to win or not. One team get a bit of a lead and more or less holds it til the end.

At least in control a well taken control point can trun the tide of a match and make things a bit more dramatic.

I found it grand the other night, in the team of six. I have heard as a lone gunner it is absolutely rubbish when up against a team though (so probably why we found it grand).

I'll be IBing it tonight, but will probably only play when I can get into a group from the clan. In previous IB i'd have played solo a decent amount.

thegame983 wrote: »
    Agreed. Clash is really dumb. Lowest common denominator stuff.

You can tell after a few minutes if you're going to win or not. One team get a bit of a lead and more or less holds it til the end.

At least in control a well taken control point can trun the tide of a match and make things a bit more dramatic.

Yep, used to love capping a point with a titan bubble which you could feel changed the tide of the game at that moment. Clash has no such tactics, and I miss Control.

IB got me into playing Crucible, I reckon if it started with Clash it would not have had the same effect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

Even having 2 or 3 people running IB Clash together can make a difference - just letting each other know where the snipers are, or when you have a super ready can help turn a game.

One game last night Chimp, myself and jcd were teamed up with 2 blues against a team of 6. It did not start well. But by the time a third blue joined the game and the 3 of us ran together, we began to turn the tide. Came out with a win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Any idea what's the recommended light level for IB?
    I'd really struggle to get 1 char to level 5, but I may try to get my Hunter to a decent light level if I hit level 5 on my Warlock this weekend.

I'd really struggle to get 1 char to level 5, but I may try to get my Hunter to a decent light level if I hit level 5 on my Warlock this weekend.

230 is the recommended level, I think.

I would guess 290+ and you'd not notice that much of a difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Anything above 275 should be alright

Bet we won't see much moaning about drops in the Crucible Chat when people hit Ranks 3 and 5 so :pac:

In almost 20 IB games I got 1 legendary class engram drop.

Last night in 4 games Optimus got 2 legendary drops! :eek:

/moan :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,341 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

We had a random on our team the other night who was 250ish. He got absolutely hammered though.

Saying that if you go in with 5 others from the clan and you stay beside one/two of them then you'll pick up a lot of assists and can just give call outs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

But I thought we agreed that Optimus is a scrub :pac: ?

Optimus joined our fireteam and party just as we were starting a match last night. And he was put on the opposite team on widows court. He then proceeded to snipe us out of it....even from 10m away. Scrub! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Ah, it's not that bad. It's not as good as Control, but it's still fun and the games don't last as long so you get to play more!

Had a really good run on Tuesday night with Emmet, Cable and a few other guys. As a team of 6 we won about 6 or 7 games in a row! Almost at rank 3. I'll be happy to get 1 character to 5. Running as my Hunter coz I think that class is more suited to Clash compared to the Warlock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

My sniping skills duly rewarded.

Got 4 IB chest pieces yesterday. Not 1 worth keeping. Broke them down for marks and bought Monte Carlo.

Ah, it's not that bad. It's not as good as Control, but it's still fun and the games don't last as long so you get to play more!

It's nice for a change but it's less team orientated than Control.
    They should have really alternated between Control and Clash.

Had a really good run on Tuesday night with Emmet, Cable and a few other guys. As a team of 6 we won about 6 or 7 games in a row! Almost at rank 3. I'll be happy to get 1 character to 5. Running as my Hunter coz I think that class is more suited to Clash compared to the Warlock.

I'll be on again tonight for a few hours again so pick me jump into the party if you see me on.

I'm going back to the Nightstalker again. I'd so much fun tethering and smoke bombing the other night :D

Also my epic Sunbreakers kill on Firebase Delphi :) (wasn't that epic I was stood in the corner waiting for my health to regen when he ran past burning the world and I Shotgun Melee Shotgunned him in the back :D)

nocal wrote: »
    But I thought we agreed that Optimus is a scrub :pac: ?

Optimus joined our fireteam and party just as we were starting a match last night. And he was put on the opposite team on widows court. He then proceeded to snipe us out of it....even from 10m away. Scrub! :pac:

Myself and Jcd had a good few games of hide n seek at the heavy spawns.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,390 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Played a match this morning where the other team were on 9500 or so and we were over 1000 behind, we won by 75 points I think . Turning the tide is very possible.

Still, I think IB should be all 6v6 game types on rotation in one playlist - Control, Zone Control, Clash & Rift. Would be a lot more fun to have a bit of variety than playing the same game type for hours on end.

Have all the weeklies done on the titan now (just waiting on rank 4), been using defender, no back up plans & chaperone to try something different ( and get defender leveled up). Switched to hammers for one or two games to get the top score and 2500 points.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Still, I think IB should be all 6v6 game types on rotation in one playlist - Control, Zone Control, Clash & Rift. Would be a lot more fun to have a bit of variety than playing the same game type for hours on end.

Complete agree akin to the classic 6v6 playlist.

Played a match this morning where the other team were on 9500 or so and we were over 1000 behind, we won by 75 points I think . Turning the tide is very possible.

Have all the weeklies done on the titan now (just waiting on rank 4), been using defender, no back up plans & chaperone to try something different ( and get defender leveled up). Switched to hammers for one or two games to get the top score and 2500 points.

What do you think of The Chaperone? I think it's my favourite PvP gun at the minute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Also my epic Sunbreakers kill on Firebase Delphi :) (wasn't that epic I was stood in the corner waiting for my health to regen when he ran past burning the world and I Shotgun Melee Shotgunned him in the back :D)

You're turning on your own kind! :pac:

I've enjoyed using Gunslinger again, but I might run Nightstalker with you for the lols. I'll try to get on later.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,390 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

What do you think of The Chaperone? I think it's my favourite PvP gun at the minute.

It's great fun to use and very satisfying when you get those precision kills in quick succession. Only downside is if you're forced to use it like a regular shotgun it falls a bit short.

It's great fun to use and very satisfying when you get those precision kills in quick succession. Only downside is if you're forced to use it like a regular shotgun it falls a bit short.

Yea feels great getting a headshot from a massive distance :)

If I'm really close using it I tend to Shotgun Melee them and it usually does the job. Especially with the Warlock !!

We had a random on our team the other night who was 250ish. He got absolutely hammered though.

Saying that if you go in with 5 others from the clan and you stay beside one/two of them then you'll pick up a lot of assists you can steal kills and can just give call outs.

What he meant to say. :D

What he meant to say. :D

He'll be doing 10 damage for a headshot. If he manages to knick that last 5% he deserves the kill :D

He'll be doing 10 damage for a headshot. If he manages to knick that last 5% he deserves the kill :D

The lads dragged me through KF at level 267, I was unloading a full auto rifle clip into a thralls head to kill them! :D

I've run IB before with under levelled characters, back when I was trying to bring my alts up to 32 / 34 and to be honest I found it a bit painful.
    In some cases even if you completely get the jump on someone - you could unload a full clip on them and they'll turn around and 1-shot you.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Mcsirl

I'm on my best day terrible at PvP, only ran trials once and didn't even see the enemy so havent played it since. But after reading abut the rewards this morning I decided to jump in to Iron Banner as can't get any higher with CoO or Strikes.

Played about 2 hours on my warlock and am at lvl 2 and have all the bounties done except for the reach lvl 4 one. Will keep them till Monday and cash them in then.

So far I've got the gloves , chest plate and 5 legendary engrams as well as a 299 bond and a 299 launcher. All in all very happy with the rewards out of my 2 hours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Mcsirl wrote: »
    I'm on my best day terrible at PvP, only ran trials once and didn't even see the enemy so havent played it since. But after reading abut the rewards this morning I decided to jump in as can't get any higher with CoO or Strikes.

Played about 2 hours on my warlock and am at lvl 2 and have all the bounties done except for the reach lvl 4 one. Will keep them till Monday and cash them in then.

So far I've got the gloves , chest plate and 5 legendary engrams as well as a 299 bond and a 299 launcher. All in all very happy with the rewards out of my 2 hours

thats fairly good going for 2 hours, I'm paying for yesterdays good luck, plenty around me getting 300+ IB chest piece's, not one landing on me though.

The lads dragged me through KF at level 267, I was unloading a full auto rifle clip into a thralls head to kill them! :D

I've run IB before with under levelled characters, back when I was trying to bring my alts up to 32 / 34 and to be honest I found it a bit painful.
    In some cases even if you completely get the jump on someone - you could unload a full clip on them and they'll turn around and 1-shot you.

I was 260 for the launch of KF. Got past the Totems with a pile of Engrams and went to the towe and went to 280+ :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement