Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

fuck fear's embrace.

that is all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Weapon balance changes ahoy
    https://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=14016
    Sniper LitC now perks on precision hits only
    Shotguns nerfed hard with Chaperone getting demolished in particular due to its OP precision damage.

New exotics in December update too, mainly the addition of updated Y1 exotics but will include 2 new ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Got a lot of disconnects last night. Seemed better after the patch but then got kicked twice from Patrol this morning? Anyone else?

Played a couple of games of Clash last night. It's ok, my biggest problem with it is I get lost. At least in Control the points give me some sense of direction. Spent most of the games looking for the enemy or running into 5 of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,718 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Looks like pulse rifles were hit too hard there

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Wednesday is gonna be a fun day, I'm expecting delivery of my Exotic sword :D
    I also had a quest to collect things for Eris and she built a weapon frame but I only got a rune in the end?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Max Agility Bladedancer and Invective made for some seriously fun Clash :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

Xur:

IgMyx.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,510 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Wednesday is gonna be a fun day, I'm expecting delivery of my Exotic sword :D
    I also had a quest to collect things for Eris and she built a weapon frame but I only got a rune in the end?

Thats for touch of malice, you probably need more calcified fragments to continue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,510 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

CDBWhoop wrote: »
    Xur:

Down by the dhissssco. Immolation fists, dont touch me, claws of ahamkara and a chest engram. legacy is special.

I was getting a bit crabby reading those patch notes, until I realised that for the most part, they will make the time to kill longer, which is generally a good thing.

Hate how once I get a good build going on it always gets nerfed, but I guess that's why I end up gravitating to that build as it's the new "Meta"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,718 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Pretty sure you'll see:

Monte Carlo + Sniper
    TLW + Sniper
    Scout Rifle + Sidearm

as new meta.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,341 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

AdamD wrote: »
    Pretty sure you'll see:

Monte Carlo + Sniper
    TLW + Sniper
    Scout Rifle + Sidearm

as new meta.

First Curse could be good now. Still think pulses will be decent all round weapon. But Zalo to come out as the best AR.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    First Curse could be good now. Still think pulses will be decent all round weapon. But Zalo to come out as the best AR.

Yeah, Zhalo is pretty powerful already and now its archetype is getting a buff. Suros doesn't come out too badly in the rebalance either.

I think sidearms could become the close range special of choice after how hard shotguns are getting nerfed.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Thats for touch of malice, you probably need more calcified fragments to continue.

Yup I only have 21 of them so far, Ill get going on the rest so :D

I've updated the Destiny PS4 chat rooms to allow for some active newbies to get in and to get a better core of active, friendly players.

You should all see yourselves as part of the new chat. You can delete the old one.

Thank you all for your patience and time

Thanks dude :D Keep up the good work

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Haven't been on in a over a week. Feckin Fallout. Hoping to blast through some IB over the weekend. I actually need everything Xur has too, need to break into my strange coin rations.

Lads, who's up for a go at Oryx Normal mode tonight? Possibly a bit of IB banter afterwards depending on how drunk you all get :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Nelhenna

Anyone used the Glass Needles from Xur yet? Are they worth the outlay?

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Daraa

Nelhenna wrote: »

Theres a lad on reddit that does a great write up every week on what Xurs selling and if its worth twisting fate on the Exotics that Xur is selling. If you read back on his previous posts you might get an idea if its worth it for your Exotic that your thinking of "twisting"

Link Here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

I'd only buy them if you have a specific need for them. They are used to re-roll the perks on exotics, so if you have an exotic chest piece with a perk for more sidearm ammo for example, you could re-roll hoping to get a perk for additional sniper ammo. If you have plenty of strange coins there would be no harm in buying a few for the odd occasion where you might use them - but apart from that, nah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

I used them on my warlocks impossible machines to get the roll I wanted - increased melee attack speed and increased reload speed with pulse rifles. Guess I will be re-using them in a few weeks to get the roll I want depending on the new meta.

I prefer to use them rather than level up a new piece of the same armor. I carry a few around on each character so I can roll the dice if I need to.

How long does the NF take this week? Looking to hopefully blitz runs at it after work if any 2 souls are up for it

After last week, each NF will be vetted to see if they are worth my while

Cormac... wrote: »
    How long does the NF take this week? Looking to hopefully blitz runs at it after work if any 2 souls are up for it

About 15 mins. Would be up for it, still need to do two. Then onto IB.

Ah yeah that one should be pretty easy, even for three hunters :P

Nightfalls....
    Iron Banner....
    Hard Kings Fall....
    Trials....

I better set up a white board and wall calendar to sort out getting a stab at all this stuff over the next few days :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Lads, can you buy strange coins? I remember you could buy motes of light - then use them to buy exotic engrams, but I'm not sure if there's a way to get extra coins..?

Is it possible to buy a legendary engram for my chest, if it decodes to a 310 - use it to infuse my legendary gear?

Nightfalls....
    Iron Banner....
    Hard Kings Fall....
    Trials....

I better set up a white board and wall calendar to sort out getting a stab at all this stuff over the next few days :pac:

That's project management gone mad!

You can't buy SC. I ran through a level 28 PoE this morning and got 5 but three of these came from the main chest and you need a key.
    If you rank up a faction with motes (assuming you have enough) you will get 4 coins for each rank. NF can drop 10+ coins for a reward, at a guess probably happens 1 in 4 times.

You can't buy a legendary 310 armour. They all start out at 280. You have to earn 310 stuff like we all had to earn the ghallahorn.

• Advertisement

gimli2112 wrote: »
    You can't buy a legendary 310 armour. They all start out at 280. You have to earn 310 stuff like we all had to earn the ghallahorn.

I know I can't buy the 310 legendary armour - but exotics can decrypt at 310.

So my question is - can I use a 310 exotic to infuse my legendary armour up to 310?

I'm not sure I'll have much time to grind for strange coins this week - might just try IB for the chance of a daycent armour drop...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement