Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

What level light do you guys recommend for going into ib? I've also just got my first sword. All I need is to choose one and get the necessary parts. Which should I pick?

Probably wouldn't go onto IB with less than 280 light.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

What level light do you guys recommend for going into ib? I've also just got my first sword. All I need is to choose one and get the necessary parts. Which should I pick?

And choice of sword depends on character I think... Titan is solar, hunter is void and warlock is arc (is that right?)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,389 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

And choice of sword depends on character I think... Titan is solar, hunter is void and warlock is arc (is that right?)

Nah you can have any of the three on any character, but certain subclasses are better for the exotic quest for ability kills (you don't want a titan doing the void one for example). Shaxx sells them now too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Nah you can have any of the three on any character, but certain subclasses are better for the exotic quest for ability kills (you don't want a titan doing the void one for example). Shaxx sells them now too.

Yea that's what I was getting at :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Ah, sounds about right. Thanks.

Think I'm on about 240 light atm...getting there eventually :P

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,389 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yea that's what I was getting at :)

Ah sorry I misunderstood what you were saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

what's the story with trials of Osiris... Has anyone gone 9-0 to get to the lighthouse?

minimum light I have played against is 305, which kinda sucks. My teammates and I are 297,300,301.

Must have done 10 trials over the weekend, and The best we have done in the race to 9-0 is 5-3... Even using the buffs. Seems to be a game for the elites only... :(

Any tips...

Muppet man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,544 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Learn how to twitch snipe. The main lads who were beating us this weekend were all exceptional snipers. Frustrating to deal with tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

Ya - thx... this weekends map was good for sniping. I definitely got a few headshots which didnt give me one shot kills... knocked them down to one shot... but really frustrating as you say. I think working on our light levels will help too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Only realised how OP hammers are when I started using my Hunter. Mayhem must be brutal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,718 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Muppet Man wrote: »
    what's the story with trials of Osiris... Has anyone gone 9-0 to get to the lighthouse?

minimum light I have played against is 305, which kinda sucks. My teammates and I are 297,300,301.

Must have done 10 trials over the weekend, and The best we have done in the race to 9-0 is 5-3... Even using the buffs. Seems to be a game for the elites only... :(

Any tips...

Muppet man.
    Light level doesn't make much difference tbh. Just work on your team play and make sure that you're always in a position so that if you die, a team mate will be easily able to revive you, that's the biggest mistake I see in Trials.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

AdamD wrote: »
    Light level doesn't make much difference tbh. Just work on your team play and make sure that you're always in a position so that if you die, a team mate will be easily able to revive you, that's the biggest mistake I see in Trials.

played some allright over the weekend, didnt progress past 4-0, deffo notice a change in the teams when going for 5-0. Teams working together, have they strategies worked out.

http://www.destinytrialsreport.com/

This is a great website too. Can look up your opposition as you're flying in, can gauge their playstyle and know what to expect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

So after everyone else spending hours trying to kill Oryx, Cormac swans in late in the game, when all the heart ache is over with and kills him twice in one sitting.

Honestly though, from now on, when starting that Raid I'm gonna try see if we can all balance our subclasses so we have (at least) 2 titans and one hunter.

Given we all have 3 classes and there's about 40 of us in the Hard Mode chat, that shouldn't be too hard.... noticed as the weeks go on you end up having these mad teams like 5 warlocks and it's just ughhhhh.

Anyway, yup, got me 2 more Hard Oryx kills and got 2x 319 secondaries (amongst many other its and bobs)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

http://www.destinytrialsreport.com/

This is a great website too. Can look up your opposition as you're flying in, can gauge their playstyle and know what to expect.

Man I can't get that thing to work, it use to work great for trials y1 but recently, everytime I use it, it gives me old information (like wrong fireteam members etc)

Maybe it was just broken when I used it.. a few weeks ago

Also, it could be depressing to use, specially when you see you are coming up against 3 guys with an average kd of 2.7 and not a single loss in the last 40 games lol.

However I can't trust fireteams with low kds either, as some people are paying others (dont understand why they do this) good players to use their account to get them to the lighthouse so even a 0.4 kd guy could be a DTR50 playing on his behalf...

Havent played this week yet, funny thing with trials, I am all week looking forward to it and when friday comes I lose interest... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,258 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Cormac... wrote: »
    So after everyone else spending hours trying to kill Oryx, Cormac swans in late in the game, when all the heart ache is over with and kills him twice in one sitting.

Honestly though, from now on, when starting that Raid I'm gonna try see if we can all balance our subclasses so we have (at least) 2 titans and one hunter.

Given we all have 3 classes and there's about 40 of us in the Hard Mode chat, that shouldn't be too hard.... noticed as the weeks go on you end up having these mad teams like 5 warlocks and it's just ughhhhh.

Anyway, yup, got me 2 more Hard Oryx kills and got 2x 319 secondaries (amongst many other its and bobs)

That was my first proper killing of him on hard - blue orbed a lot of the fight twice before. Got no hard mode drops from the bast*rd (WONDA!!!!).

Was such an easy fight in the end last night; having the Weapons bubble freaking MELTED the ogres. Its so funny that when you get it done you are just like "What, how the feck did that take hours? WHAT WERE WE DOING?"

Don't reckon a Hunter is massively needed - I've ran the relic as quick with a warlock - getting the spark and getting to the front of the arena before the knight had even spawned in.

I think the two titans are a must.

I also thought the warlocks chucking their solar grenades on the ogres made a massive difference to how quick they went down.

Bohrio wrote: »
    Man I can't get that thing to work, it use to work great for trials y1 but recently, everytime I use it, it gives me old information (like wrong fireteam members etc)

Maybe it was just broken when I used it.. a few weeks ago

Also, it could be depressing to use, specially when you see you are coming up against 3 guys with an average kd of 2.7 and not a single loss in the last 40 games lol.

However I can't trust fireteams with low kds either, as some people are paying others (dont understand why they do this) to get good players to use their account to get them to the lighthouse so even a 0.4 kd guy could be a DTR50 playing on his behalf...

Havent played this week yet, funny thing with trials, I am all week looking forward to it and when friday comes I lose interest... :(
    I find its inaccurate at the beginning because teams are playing new passages with new team mates, but after the first game or two you'll be playing teams who have been together for a few games so its accurate, the first couple should be easy enough anyway so it doesn't bother me too much. I stayed in with a full card for a while last night and did notice the KDs and ELOs being higher than normal, was pretty fun. Trying to get DTR 50 but its a complete slog and requires a lot of game time eg. 32 wins and 1 loss got me from 40 to 42 :/ can't imagine what it takes to go 49 to 50.

Don't reckon a Hunter is massively needed - I've ran the relic as quick with a warlock - getting the spark and getting to the front of the arena before the knight had even spawned in.

Was kind of referencing the overall raid, not just the Oryx fight, Tether is handy. And sometimes you have these runs with like 4 hunters and it's just "ugh we should have spread these lads out"

I ran the Relic on the Oryx kill just before that as a Titan too, just used my Hammers and Fire Punch to burn the Vessel and some mobs.

Killing the knights is really not a problem overall.

I'd say in the attempts we made yesterday there was only maybe 3 Bombs eaten by them full stop across all the runs

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Mickeroo wrote: »

Pfffftttt, a tip for anyone doing the sword, I was titan with void. If you go into some map and use all but 3/4 of your sword ammo. Now hold block until you have no sword ammo. Every kill with the hilt of your sword counts towards the exotic quest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

I find its inaccurate at the beginning because teams are playing new passages with new team mates, but after the first game or two you'll be playing teams who have been together for a few games so its accurate, the first couple should be easy enough anyway so it doesn't bother me too much. I stayed in with a full card for a while last night and did notice the KDs and ELOs being higher than normal, was pretty fun. Trying to get DTR 50 but its a complete slog and requires a lot of game time eg. 32 wins and 1 loss got me from 40 to 42 :/ can't imagine what it takes to go 49 to 50.

Yeah, the problem is when you play with randoms... playing against a proper fireteam (despite them being DTRs 50 or not) is very hard as these guys have been playing together for a while and know the call outs etc.

So in the end is not so much your KD.DTRs but how well they play together. Now rest assure that if you come across a team of 3 DTR 50s who play together all the time I am pretty much guaranteed a rough run and very likely a loss on my part.

I play with LFG randoms so I am pretty much f...ked lol but sometimes you find a team that you can communicate with and then you will see a light at the end of the tunnel.

Playing against good players is great, it helps me improve myself. I also notice I enjoy trials better when I have already made it to the lighthouse as takes "pressure" away and you can just enjoy playing.

I still hate some players attitude though with all the tea bagging going on etc but this only happens rarely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,951 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

i recently bought the taken king expansion , so got jumper from level 20 to 25. i did not play for too long,but i am confused :o

i got a few objectives to do, like kill 50 hive etc. How do i know which faction is which ? sorry for the ignorance !! I seen the taken king mission is open , well it takes level 25 to do. should i do this. sorry , just feel a bit lost really !

2smiggy wrote: »
    i recently bought the taken king expansion , so got jumper from level 20 to 25. i did not play for too long,but i am confused :o

i got a few objectives to do, like kill 50 hive etc. How do i know which faction is which ? sorry for the ignorance !! I seen the taken king mission is open , well it takes level 25 to do. should i do this. sorry , just feel a bit lost really !

Just open up the map on the main screen and look at any missions not completed (they won't be coloured in) and do them, some will have Purple (Quest) indicators to show you what the next natural mission to progress is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

The factions are Dead Orbit (Ground Floor of the Ship Yard), Future War Cult (Up stairs in Ship Yard) and New Monarchy (Outside the Speaker's gaff). You'll want to join Dead Orbit and get the Hung Jury Scout Rifle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,341 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

The Fallen are mainly on Earth, Hive mainly on Moon, Vex mainly on Venus and Cabal mainly on Mars.

Just play through all the story missions is the best advice anyone can give you. Once you've them done you should be level 40 and OK for some more stuff.

What console you ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,341 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Pfffftttt, a tip for anyone doing the sword, I was titan with void. If you go into some map and use all but 3/4 of your sword ammo. Now hold block until you have no sword ammo. Every kill with the hilt of your sword counts towards the exotic quest.

It's quicker if you run the Black Spindle Mission and get to the door with 3 keys. Melee all the enemies while holding the key and they count as charged Melee kills. Wipe and start again.

Bohrio wrote: »
    Yeah, the problem is when you play with randoms... playing against a proper fireteam (despite them being DTRs 50 or not) is very hard as these guys have been playing together for a while and know the call outs etc.

So in the end is not so much your KD.DTRs but how well they play together. Now rest assure that if you come across a team of 3 DTR 50s who play together all the time I am pretty much guaranteed a rough run and very likely a loss on my part.

I play with LFG randoms so I am pretty much f...ked lol but sometimes you find a team that you can communicate with and then you will see a light at the end of the tunnel.

Playing against good players is great, it helps me improve myself. I also notice I enjoy trials better when I have already made it to the lighthouse as takes "pressure" away and you can just enjoy playing.

I still hate some players attitude though with all the tea bagging going on etc but this only happens rarely.

In year 1 I played with the same 2 guys pretty much every weekend, due to work etc. we've only had 1 weekend of trials together this time round so I've been playing with randoms. I'm that guy who puts up very specific LFG criteria though, saves some pain in the long run. I generally find LFG to be great for getting trials players though, just a matter of tweaking your game slightly so that it works with the team. My usual team never shotgun, so its nice when somebody from LFG comes in and goes full filthy blink shotgun to capitalise on our sniping :P

Said I'd check out how many Raid completions I have across my 3 characters

VoG Normal: 20
    VoG Hard: 54
    CE Normal: 48
    CE Hard 21
    KF Normal: 9
    KF Hard: 3

155 Total

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,951 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

emmetkenny wrote: »
    The Fallen are mainly on Earth, Hive mainly on Moon, Vex mainly on Venus and Cabal mainly on Mars.

Just play through all the story missions is the best advice anyone can give you. Once you've them done you should be level 40 and OK for some more stuff.

What console you ?

PS4 , thanks for that ! at least i will know where to go for the 50 kills etc.

I downloaded a few apps for the phone where it tells me where the various events are happening

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭kevin2800

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,544 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

There are a lot of Warlocks who choose terrible times to activate Radiance. My current favorite is when I kill a Warlock with tether, only for them to Radiance, and have the still active tether kill their super immediately.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement