Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

AdamD wrote: »
    In year 1 I played with the same 2 guys pretty much every weekend, due to work etc. we've only had 1 weekend of trials together this time round so I've been playing with randoms. I'm that guy who puts up very specific LFG criteria though, saves some pain in the long run. I generally find LFG to be great for getting trials players though, just a matter of tweaking your game slightly so that it works with the team. My usual team never shotgun, so its nice when somebody from LFG comes in and goes full filthy blink shotgun to capitalise on our sniping :P

Yeah I know what you are saying, but, I tend to run away from picky players, mostly because I feel its a weird atmosphere (specially if things are not going that way).

I like relaxed players, I find it is easier to make it to the lighthouse when there is no pressure to get there.

But if you need a good team then yes, LFG is your place as you can pretty much filter average players and only get players with a certain kd or skill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Finally hit Rank 5 on Iron Banner with my Warlock.

Really struggling with the pulse rifle & sniper combo - that coupled with some really laggy games and I don't think my K/D ratio will ever recover from this Iron Banner :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

my kdr improved by 16 2/3 % over the weekend. It's totally sad that I know this.
    Think it's because I played much of it solo and they threw me in with the other scrubs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Really struggling with the pulse rifle & sniper combo - that coupled with some really laggy games and I don't think my K/D ratio will ever recover from this Iron Banner :(

Clearly doesn't have my Invective skills.
    Btw I'm going off to have scandalous man-on-gun loving with it now!

I need to find more guns will to accept my polygamous ways.

Got a One-One Synthenth that I'm eyeing up now as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Cormac... wrote: »
    Clearly doesn't have my Invective skills.
    Btw I'm going off to have scandalous man-on-gun loving with it now!

The one game I did really well in, ironically enough, was when I got pissed off and went on a blink shot-gunning rampage!

Managed to get 2350 points in 1 game, while we were down a man for the entire game.
    Although to be fair - a lot of the maps I had never played before so I had no clue as to what I was doing for a lot of those games and the beer didn't help.
    I didn't get the usual +2 points to charisma, I went straight on the downward curve!

Sounds like a "Weight of Missed Smoking Break" debuff I normally get around the time of Golgoroths Cellar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,341 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Bohrio wrote: »
    Yeah I know what you are saying, but, I tend to run away from picky players, mostly because I feel its a weird atmosphere (specially if things are not going that way).

I like relaxed players, I find it is easier to make it to the lighthouse when there is no pressure to get there.

But if you need a good team then yes, LFG is your place as you can pretty much filter average players and only get players with a certain kd or skill.

I'll do TOO some night on Xbox with you. Ive just played it for fun the last few times and don't really mind going flawless or not (although the Grimore would be nice :D)

How you getting on with the Elite ?

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I'll do TOO some night on Xbox with you. Ive just played it for fun the last few times and don't really mind going flawless or not (although the Grimore would be nice :D)

How you getting on with the Elite ?

Hey man

I tried it a few times, really like it but I just dont have the time to play both consoles and everytime I got on Xbox everyone is already in a group or doing a raid I end up having to go to LFG which is a pain sometimes so in the end I just switch back.

But sure, we can give it a go whenever I am back on ;) looking forward to it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,341 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Hey man

I tried it a few times, really like it but I just dont have the time to play both consoles and everytime I got on Xbox everyone is already in a group or doing a raid I end up having to go to LFG which is a pain sometimes so in the end I just switch back.

But sure, we can give it a go whenever I am back on ;) looking forward to it

I haven't seen you on in weeks if not months. Were you appearing offline again ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Yeah, the problem is when you play with randoms... playing against a proper fireteam (despite them being DTRs 50 or not) is very hard as these guys have been playing together for a while and know the call outs etc.

So in the end is not so much your KD.DTRs but how well they play together. Now rest assure that if you come across a team of 3 DTR 50s who play together all the time I am pretty much guaranteed a rough run and very likely a loss on my part.

I play with LFG randoms so I am pretty much f...ked lol but sometimes you find a team that you can communicate with and then you will see a light at the end of the tunnel.

Playing against good players is great, it helps me improve myself. I also notice I enjoy trials better when I have already made it to the lighthouse as takes "pressure" away and you can just enjoy playing.

I still hate some players attitude though with all the tea bagging going on etc but this only happens rarely.
    Nail on the head here. I roll around late 20s early 30s for DTR with around a 1.4 k/d, (which is weird because the ELO site has me around gold ranking) same as my usual Trials crew, but we tend to do quite well.

At the start we were muck but once we realised revives = wins, we started to get better runs, and eventually flawless runs. We rarely get walked over these days and even when we lose a match, it is close. Only differemce is getting on those revives.

The revive push for sniping is a great technique as well, especially as even if you feck it up, the crazy aim assist in the game goes haywire when somebody quickly moves across your screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Anyone else having trouble contacting the servers this evening? Got throw 3 times from one of the story missions!

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Mcsirl

Just got my 3 characters to lvl 5 on iron banner, did any of ye get any weapons to drop ? All I got was a 280 hand cannon , got loads of ghosts and armour but only 1 weapon drop ?

First time playing trials tonight and it was woeful... Only won 1 of 10 matches! Thanks to the two lads though for sticking it out.

Mcsirl wrote: »
    Just got my 3 characters to lvl 5 on iron banner, did any of ye get any weapons to drop ? All I got was a 280 hand cannon , got loads of ghosts and armour but only 1 weapon drop ?

Reasonably happy with my haul. 2 Characters to 5. 3X310 Ghosts, 2X310 class armour, 311 IB Launcher and a 311 IB Scout Rifle with crowd control, which looks pretty decent.

The IB Buff on Monday is insane. Had my second character at 1340/2400. Did two pretty straight forward daily bounties and that pushed me over. They only give 250 base xp between them - it's just crackers. Reckon I could have done my third character to 5 last night (certainly 3) but was too tired to give it a go and just vegged out on some PvE.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

For anyone playing KF with me last night, apologies! I was rusty as fcuk! Realised this morning that my agility was maxed, no armour or recovery at all. Tomb ships and eyes only had to glance at me and I was melting on my platform. Had one of the lads not called it a night, I was about to rage quit.

Edit: Machine gun never dropped for me in IB, and forgot to go buy it. Somebody tell me it's average???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 924 ✭✭✭thegame983

Level 5 Iron banner Loot for me:

Main character: 316 Sniper & 310 Ghost

Alt 1: 311 Sniper & 310 Ghost

Alt 2: 310 Ghost & 4 strange coins

The last one was just upsetting

PetKing wrote: »
    Edit: Machine gun never dropped for me in IB, and forgot to go buy it. Somebody tell me it's average???

I bought a 280 one. Stats on it look pretty good. High ROF and Impact. Haven't really used it yet. Always regretted not picking up the Jolder's Hammer straight off the bat as it was amazing.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Tomorrow cant come quick enough, come on my exotic sword :D

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

I got 2 hand cannons & 2 LMG drop over the course of IB - all were less that 300 light. Also had a 315 ghost drop.
    From the Rank 5 packages for my characters I got a 310 Helmet, 319 Helmet & 314 sidearm. All in all pretty happy with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Tomorrow cant come quick enough, come on my exotic sword :D

I have the solar and arc sword quests ready on my Warlock for tomorrow. I found the ability kills part can be completed more quickly in Crucible than in PvE.

I tried to get all 3 sword quests going together on the one character, but I don't know why my void sword quest didn't work. I may have to give that to the Hunter to run through the different steps.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I have the solar and arc sword quests ready on my Warlock for tomorrow. I found the ability kills part can be completed more quickly in Crucible than in PvE.

I tried to get all 3 sword quests going together on the one character, but I don't know why my void sword quest didn't work. I may have to give that to the Hunter to run through the different steps.

Well once I get my sword I will finally hit over 300 light :D then onto some more exotic quests :P

I think I will just buy the last 2 swords this week and get them done for next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Daraa

thegame983 wrote: »

Alt 2: 310 Ghost & 4 strange coins

Thats strange.. (no pun intended) did you go to orbit after opening or straight quit the game?

There was a weird bug were I didn't get some loot after opening packages until I went to orbit.

nevelator wrote: »
    I got 2 hand cannons & 2 LMG drop over the course of IB - all were less that 300 light. Also had a 315 ghost drop.
    From the Rank 5 packages for my characters I got a 310 Helmet, 319 Helmet & 314 sidearm. All in all pretty happy with that.

Did you get the sidearm on your warlock package?

I got the same.

It was very quick and easy to get to rank 5 this week. I got my hunter, titan and warlock to rank 5 just by playing on monday. The second characters were specially easy and quick. I think it took me around 1-2 h both.

A lot of weird stuff going on though, lag and similar, also, I kept being thrown in games that had already started like the one in the video...

and on top of that I only realized when turning my rank 3 reward for my titan that the artifact (rare artifact) that gave me was 310... lol

So I got it on my titan and warlock but dismantled it on my hunter, no big deal but it would have been handy as infusing material

I only played two games yesterday. First one took about 5 minutes before it threw me into one which was coming to an end. Stayed in the lobby and it started a new game which stayed 4 v 4 throughout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,718 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Had a pretty good run at IB this week (only have 1 character), got plenty of high level ghosts, infused them into my others, titan chest/arm piece's. Machine gun is the same stats as the ruin wake, but holds more bullets. Best for me was killing a self-res warlock, emptied my supercell point blank into him :)

My stock of strange coins fairly doubled, and one of my last games last night got a ship to drop aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

Is that it for IB again for a while?

Is that it for IB again for a while?

Yes, for 4 to 5 weeks

• Advertisement

What was the point of having trials on at the same time as IB? Would they not space them out?!

My IB drops were lots of strange coins, some ghosts and below 300 armour and a 315 scout rifle so happy enough.

I also got a 311 scout from trials.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement