Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

I noticed the new forum request was rejected and the thread closed. Surely we had enough votes?!?

Had enough votes Steve, but not in the timeframe. I have asked Gordon if it can be resubmitted, timeframe for another is 6 weeks plus 2 months from the OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I've given my 2 cents on it now anyway.

Seems silly to shut them down for being 6 weeks old, but that's just my opinion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

anyone up for a retro raid tonight ? Crota followed by vault of glass. Might get lucky and pick up some missing year 1 exotics, also looking for the ghosts that got added to crota.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

syboit wrote: »
    anyone up for a retro raid tonight ? Crota followed by vault of glass. Might get lucky and pick up some missing year 1 exotics, also looking for the ghosts that got added to crota.

I still remember getting the one leading into the bridge section. It's so bright you can't see anything. Can be SERIOUSLY annoying to pick up.

Cormac... wrote: »
    I've given my 2 cents on it now anyway.

Seems silly to shut them down for being 6 weeks old, but that's just my opinion

Gordon directed me to the charter, which, from my understanding, suggests that it can be resubmitted immediately, given how it requires 6 weeks plus 2 moths from the OP, which was 6 months ago.

• Advertisement

ibFoxer wrote: »
    Gordon directed me to the charter, which, from my understanding, suggests that it can be resubmitted immediately, given how it requires 6 weeks plus 2 moths from the OP, which was 6 months ago.

I'll do a fresh one soon enough soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Daraa

ibFoxer wrote: »
    Had enough votes Steve, but not in the timeframe. I have asked Gordon if it can be resubmitted, timeframe for another is 6 weeks plus 2 months from the OP.

"For those with > 15 +1 responses, requests can be resubmitted after (6 weeks + 2 months) from the post date of the original request"

So October 4th? Presumably thats too cheeky and they mean 2 months from when the post was expired.

edit: someone beat me to this way of thinking.

Daraa wrote: »
    "For those with > 15 +1 responses, requests can be resubmitted after (6 weeks + 2 months) from the post date of the original request"

So October 4th? Presumably thats too cheeky and they mean 2 months from when the post was expired.

edit: someone beat me to this way of thinking.

That's my understanding of it, so that take on it is either correct or the language used is way out.

I will say this- if and when a new request goes up, there is only 6 weeks to get the votes in.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

I'll do a fresh one soon enough soon.

Good stuff. Let us all know when the request goes in and we'll blitz it with +1s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,341 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I think what happened is the Forum Request didn't get enough traction in the early days and only got any sort of movement in last two weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

syboit wrote: »

I think I'm free all evening so would be up for this... I've done VoG once and never done crota.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I think what happened is the Forum Request didn't get enough traction in the early days and only got any sort of movement in last two weeks.

Yeah I see that now. The thread was created during a lull in year 1 when there was not so much to do so it didn't get much traction initially. Then we all voted during TTK and a lot more new players have joined it. The thread should have been closed after 6 weeks. Lots of mods voted and saw us voting in there, and nothing was said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Might be worth sticking links to the forum request in your sigs. That way, anyone who visits this thread juat occasionally will be more likely to see it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Might be worth sticking links to the forum request in your sigs. That way, anyone who visits this thread juat occasionally will be more likely to see it

Many people don't have Signature viewing enabled, maybe if we all agree to just post the link every few pages, hopefully that'll suffice.

Also, Solvable, the hyper link in your sig ain't working (i've noticed this a lot on boards the last few weeks, broken Boards links)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,388 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Many people don't have Signature viewing enabled, maybe if we all agree to just post the link every few pages, hopefully that'll suffice.

Not a good idea, you're not supposed to post about forum requests repeatedly, signature link is the way to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Also, Solvable, the hyper link in your sig ain't working (i've noticed this a lot on boards the last few weeks, broken Boards links)

Oky. Will have a look at it later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Not a good idea, you're not supposed to post about forum requests repeatedly, signature link is the way to go.

Yeah, I got in a bit of trouble for posting in threads about a forum I had requested before. Was told to stick a link in sig instead.

Also, if it's in your sig more people will see it. Not just those who post here. I'm sure there's a fair few casual players on boards who have never even ventured in here

Maybe mods here would be happy enough to have it mentioned in thread the odd time though, I dunno. Admins may view it as being a bit spammy

Mickeroo wrote: »

Ok, updated so!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

Yeah I see that now. The thread was created during a lull in year 1 when there was not so much to do so it didn't get much traction initially. Then we all voted during TTK and a lot more new players have joined it. The thread should have been closed after 6 weeks. Lots of mods voted and saw us voting in there, and nothing was said.

I was that thinking the exact same thing. Why didn't someone mention that it was all for nothing when we were posting in it the last couple of weeks....

Weekly Update

Mentioning the coming Raid challenges, available in hard and normal mode.
    apologies in advance to those that run the single-pool strat for Golgoroth.

Told ya!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

6 orb strat is easy in NM but way harder in HM. Hunters are good here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Told ya!

We'll end up two manning it while the rest grab the sisters cp.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

6 orb strat is easy in NM but way harder in HM. Hunters are good here.

I imagine the 1st few successful attempts on HM challenge will be a little like:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,544 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Salvage with randoms, just ugh

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

So far we have 47 +1's (Oh and 1 -1 :P) in the forum request, come on lads bring that number up :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Tried to get the Sword Exotic yesterday with thanks to a couple of the lads (SirConar and I cant remember who number 2 was whoops) but I missed out by a few seconds :(

I ran the POE and got myself a 310 Telesto, what a gun :O

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

jonny24ie wrote: »
    So far we have 47 +1's (Oh and 1 -1 :P) in the forum request, come on lads bring that number up :D

Superheros forum got approved with just over 30 +1s. If we don't get it through this time I'm opening a thread on the Conspiracy Theory Forum.

How difficult is that final leg of the exotic sword quest? I was thinking of trying to solo it or am I just kidding myself?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement