Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,258 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Daraa wrote: »
    Went with this! Thanks!

I got one of Amazon a wile back (for a bit more money) on the recommendations of people here. The sound quality is brilliant, imo. Apparently you will need to be careful taking it off and putting it on as the plastic hinges are prone to breaking. Mine are fine, but I have been careful due to people saying this previously.

I was delighted with the quality and feel of them.

I've even taken to muting the TV and listening to the game audio via the headphones as I actually find the quality (and direction) to be better; and my TV is a very good quality TV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Hey guys.
    Wondering if there's any active ps3 players around. Bought the game about 2 months ago and blitz'ed through the content on my lock. Thing is though I spent 6 weeks trying to get the taken wars quests done due to what I'm guessing was low population servers.

I simply could never get the events done due to not being able to solo the guy in the rocketyard and not being able to catch the lieutenants quick enough on mars.
    Got it all done now though and I'm at 292 light with no one to raid with.

I don't have a decent headset atm but I can plug some cheap crap in for now. So if there are any active ps3 players around add Carbiens and gimme an invite I'd love to do some endgame over the weekend.

Otherwise I'm just gonna level my alts and wait to see if Santa brings a ps4. A doubtful scenario since im 32.....

Edit- I should add I'm New to consoles. Consumate pc gamer. So I'm getting used the psn id's and the like. Let me know if i need to ad more info.

Ah now, age has no bearing on what Santa might bring you. You may have to pay him for it, but hey....

Anywhooo, In relation to PS3 players, I think you'll be out of luck, here anyway, as most, if not all, of the Sony Ponies here are on the 4. (If only we had a subforum.....)

Might I suggest destinylfg.net or the100.io. Feel free to join the clan anyway, and set as Playstation, but as I said, I think the boards community is mostly PS4 and XBox 1.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Ah now, age has no bearing on what Santa might bring you. You may have to pay him for it, but hey....

Anywhooo, In relation to PS3 players, I think you'll be out of luck, here anyway, as most, if not all, of the Sony Ponies here are on the 4. (If only we had a subforum.....)

Might I suggest destinylfg.net or the100.io. Feel free to join the clan anyway, and set as Playstation, but as I said, I think the boards community is mostly PS4 and XBox 1.

If only indeed, a little gentle nudge to those that havent done so already but click the link in my sig and add a +1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,718 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I got one of Amazon a wile back (for a bit more money) on the recommendations of people here. The sound quality is brilliant, imo. Apparently you will need to be careful taking it off and putting it on as the plastic hinges are prone to breaking. Mine are fine, but I have been careful due to people saying this previously.

I was delighted with the quality and feel of them.

I've even taken to muting the TV and listening to the game audio via the headphones as I actually find the quality (and direction) to be better; and my TV is a very good quality TV.

That's the whole point :pac:

AdamD wrote: »
    That's the whole point :pac:

:confused:

I thought the point of the headphones was to more comfortably hear and speak to the other people I am playing with at the time...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,718 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

:confused:

I thought the point of the headphones was to more comfortably hear and speak to the other people I am playing with at the time...

And listen to the game. You're not supposed to wear headphones and have game sound coming out of your tv

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

A bit of my sniping from IB last week.Proud of my first kill.

That's some excellent sniping skills

I started practicing yesterday in Crucible, it's pretty tricky
    gimli2112 wrote: »
    jonny, did you get your sword done yesterday? I wasn't on last night. If your doing it this weekend and need a body just sendme an invite gimli2112.

Me and Cal need to do the Void sword, i'll send you an invite if you're on
    Hey guys.
    Wondering if there's any active ps3 players around.

Short answer would be I think we have about 3 PS3 players out of 190.

So unfortunately we cannot offer much support.

But when you get a PS4, we'll be here to help :)

That's how you should do it, otherwise the actual headset and acting as ear-muffs preventing the TV sound coming through, also people with TV sound on are the devil when you're in a Party.... only slightly behind Turtle Beach users (with their permanent buzzing and cutting in and out)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Cormac... wrote: »
    only slightly behind Turtle Beach users (with their permanent buzzing and cutting in and out)

I dont think mine has been buzzing or cutting out?

jonny24ie wrote: »
    I dont think mine has been buzzing or cutting out?

Well not ALL turtle beaches.... just a hell of a lot of them

Sniper do you use Turtle Beach? If so, he's exhibit A

Well not ALL turtle beaches.... just a hell of a lot of them

Sniper do you use Turtle Beach? If so, he's exhibit A

Yeah now I did notice when I was in Cosmodrome the other day and when the taken were spawning in if they spawned in right on top of me then it cut out for a second.

• Advertisement

only slightly behind Turtle Beach users (with their permanent buzzing and cutting in and out)

Px22's here, with DAC1 PS4 upgrade kit. Ca. ..u .ere .. .ow?

Here's the Year 1 (and 2 new) Exotics coming next month

Weapon Plan C Secondary
    Weapon Hard Light Primary
    Weapon Mida MultiTool Primary
    Weapon No Land Beyond Primary
    Weapon Super Good Advice Heavy
    Weapon Dragons Breath Heavy
    Warlock Apotheosis Veil Helm
    Warlock Nothing Manacles Gauntlets
    Titan The Armamentarium Chest
    Titan Peregrine Greaves Boots
    Titan Twilight Garrison Chest
    Hunter Achlyophage Symbiote Helm
    Hunter Bones of Eao Boots
    Hunter Radiant Dance Machines Boots
    Hunter ATS/8 Tarantella Chest

And here's the ones still left behind in Year 1 (many "Game Breakers" amongst them - I'm looking at you Dregs Promise)

Weapon Ice Breaker Secondary
    Weapon Patience and Time Secondary
    Weapon Pocket Infintity Secondary
    Weapon Lord of Wolves Secondary
    Weapon Dregs Promise Secondary
    Weapon Queenbreakers Bow Secondary
    Weapon Vex Mythoclast Primary
    Weapon Nechrochasm Primary
    Weapon Universal Remote Primary
    Weapon Gjallarhorn Heavy
    Hunter ATS/8 Arachnid Helm
    Titan The Glasshouse Helm
    Titan Eternal Warrior Helm
    Hunter Khelpis String Gauntlets
    Titan ACD/0 Feedback Fence Gauntlets
    Warlock Sunbreakers Gauntlets
    Hunter Lucky Raspberry Chest
    Warlock Purifier Robes Chest
    Titan Mk. 44 Stand Asides Boots

Px22's here, with DAC1 PS4 upgrade kit. Ca. ..u .ere .. .ow?

You barely speak anyway so we can't tell :P
    jonny24ie wrote: »
    Yeah now I did notice when I was in Cosmodrome the other day and when the taken were spawning in if they spawned in right on top of me then it cut out for a second.

That's the game, not your headset, it's when there are too many "Particle Effects" happening at once, happened A LOT during the Skolas fight in PoE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Really need some exotic 310 boots. At least the Titan / Hunter will have a chance once they introduce the Y1 exotics.

That's the game, not your headset, it's when there are too many "Particle Effects" happening at once, happened A LOT during the Skolas fight in PoE

Wahoo so at least my headset is grand haha

:pac:

If Chimp, Solvable, Abuses (who surely has another child by now, it's been a week) and the 2 Ronis don't get this you're all missing a trick

http://bungiestore.com/collections/featured/products/d-is-for-destiny-an-early-adventure-book

You barely speak anyway so we can't tell :P

That's true. Maybe I should change my name to SilentGuardian.

:pac:

If Chimp, Solvable, Abuses (who surely has another child by now, it's been a week) and the 2 Ronis don't get this you're all missing a trick

http://bungiestore.com/collections/featured/products/d-is-for-destiny-an-early-adventure-book

Not when shipping costs more than the book.

Not when shipping costs more than the book.

This is why it's best to buy some T-shirts too :P

Thinking the 30 (approx) of us who have completed (at least most of) Hard Mode, could do some Sherpaing this weekend.

If we all take 2 newbies it should be very manageable and would benefit the clan in the long run.

Players with Normal mode completions will help us fill up Raid groups.

And we won't have people out of their depth next week for Hard Mode (when the dedicated chat will be binned)

Even just bringing 8 or 10 players through Normal or Hard (even just up to Oryx) would be a big help and widen the net for future runs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,341 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Thinking the 30 (approx) of us who have completed (at least most of) Hard Mode, could do some Sherpaing this weekend.

If we all take 2 newbies it should be very manageable and would benefit the clan in the long run.

And we won't have people out of their depth next week for Hard Mode (when the dedicated chat will be binned)

Even just bringing 8 or 10 players through Normal or Hard (even just up to Oryx) would be a big help and widen the net for future runs.

Mr Billy Big Balls now that he's done hard mode :D

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Mr Billy Big Balls now that he's done hard mode :D

I'm not really talking about Hard Oryx himself at all, pretty much everything bar that (full normal mode, Hard mode up to Oryx)

I would hope (IN MY HUMBLE OPINION) that players would have 2 or 3 Normal Mode Oryx kill and be 310 before trying Hard Oryx.

And yeah, I like to sherpa those less fortunate, so shoot me :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Thats like boasting about almost getting the ride :D

not that i've completed hard mode myself :(

Im up for Normal just to get rid of that quest line :) killed oryx long before I got the quest haha

That happens all the time in here haha

I'm not really talking about Hard Oryx himself at all, pretty much everything bar that (full normal mode, Hard mode up to Oryx)

I would hope (IN MY HUMBLE OPINION) that players would have 2 or 3 Normal Mode Oryx kill and be 310 before trying Hard Oryx.

Probably won't be able to help with this.

Might be able to do some raiding tonight but off to the cinema tomorrow night so won't be on much tomorrow night (or at least not at useful times).

If anything is happening Sunday night I'd be well up for it though.

Well Hard Priest + Gol + Sisters has enough different with the slightly altered mechanics and the whole "Don't freaking die or it's 90% a wipe" to be tough enough forsome.

Plus you can do Hard up to Oryx at 305 or thereabouts

On Xbox if we see anyone from Boards on and were short one you get bombarded with invites until you join or turn your Xbox off :)

Stone I'll give you a hand this evening if you want. Will have to be done before the toy show though !!

• Advertisement

Well Hard Priest + Gol + Sisters has enough different with the slightly altered mechanics and the whole "Don't freaking die or it's 90% a wipe" to be tough enough forsome.

Plus you can do Hard up to Oryx at 305 or thereabouts

We managed to finish Golgororth as a 3 man the other night.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement