Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

[Had my first go ever with NLB today in crucible...

I have to say I did much better than I though, also was surprisingly easier to use than what I had imagined!

But there is still a lot to learn, surprised we ended up winning, I am always concern that doing this type of experiments will affect my fireteam negatively so I might try Rumble next time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Back in action. Have to reinstall the game. Shouldn't have to start fresh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Is anyone else having big problems with the Tower Ghost app?

After the update before last, you could not transfer any consumables. Now after the latest update you cannot transfer anything. It's not even showing info about items when you click on icons

I have to get up and walk 12 feet to my computer now to change loadouts. Like some sort of savage
    I'm pretty sure I was drunkenly complaining about this last night in party chat! It would show what I had in the Vault but that was it, I couldn't go to any of my characters to transfer weapons. I had to use the the regular destiny app like some sort of peasant..... :pac:

It stopped working after a recent Destiny update but an app update was released during the week and it's working fine again now for me on iOS.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Started the tale of two guardians quest last night, just at the part now where they have to get to lvl 40 before we can continue. So far I've gotten the shader,emblem and sword and next up is the high five emote.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,718 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Threw together some PvP clips

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,341 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

wexdevil wrote: »
    Started the tale of two guardians quest last night, just at the part now where they have to get to lvl 40 before we can continue. So far I've gotten the shader,emblem and sword and next up is the high five emote.

What's the sword like ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

emmetkenny wrote: »
    What's the sword like ?

The only differences are cosmetic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

nice surprise to log into destiny last night after a 2 day absence to find the black spindle mission up, myself Dave and Hatchet got it on the 2nd attempt, deffo great feeling to get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Received a request off you yesterday, was that you or a dubious hacker? ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Fieldog wrote: »
    Received a request off you yesterday, was that you or a dubious hacker? ha ha

'Twas moi.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Tried so many times for the spindle yesterday and didn't get it. Altho a drunk gimli mad it bearable haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Having pictured the situation, we feared the worst!

0810e9d398accf4788312486403d43ca.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Was farming the cosmodrome with ferrigan, we killed Darnu 5 times, each time popping a three of coins. I got three exotic helmet engrams from it which decrypted as below -

290 Taikonaut
    310 Insurmountable Skullfort
    310 Taikonaut

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Tried so many times for the spindle yesterday and didn't get it. Altho a drunk gimli mad it bearable haha

ya sorry about that
    it can be a pain in the arse but we should have made it my bad fcuking wine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

Was farming the cosmodrome with ferrigan, we killed Darnu 5 times, each time popping a three of coins. I got three exotic helmet engrams from it which decrypted as below -

290 Taikonaut
    310 Insurmountable Skullfort
    310 Taikonaut
    And I got 1 exotic. Damn you rng!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,258 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

i've used 8 coins today and got nothing. stupid RNG!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,544 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

I must have some hex on me, every Exotic Secondary i decrypt turns into a 4th Horseman, at 290 light no less :P

Defender Titan + Control = Funny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,258 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

so happy with the changes that were made to the crucible quest line in the November update. Got the quest done relatively painlessly over the weekend. Rumble was the only sore spot and I was only subjected to 4 games of it - the previous questline would have had stuck there forever I reckon!

What the feck is with Shaxx giving a 150LL Rocket Launcher as the reward though? How on earth is that deemed acceptable for a questline that only arrived with TTK?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,341 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

so happy with the changes that were made to the crucible quest line in the November update. Got the quest done relatively painlessly over the weekend. Rumble was the only sore spot and I was only subjected to 4 games of it - the previous questline would have had stuck there forever I reckon!

What the feck is with Shaxx giving a 150LL Rocket Launcher as the reward though? How on earth is that deemed acceptable for a questline that only arrived with TTK?

This questline was aimed at new players to get them to experience different PVP modes and get them to try different types of weapons. The rewards were based off those players as well.

If you were a new guardian getting a 150 RL could be a very good drop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Destiny won't launch for me. I keep getting an error along the lines of "Oops, something went wrong." It's a bit worrying. I read that a reinstall of the game is needed now.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,388 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Destiny won't launch for me. I keep getting an error along the lines of "Oops, something went wrong." It's a bit worrying. I read that a reinstall of the game is needed now.

You try hard resetting the console and that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

What's the best way to use 3 of coins? I was reading online that the best time to use them is right before the boss fight on vanguard strikes?

I did around seven strikes (using the 3 of coins before each boss) in a row last night and got one 310 set of exotic gauntlets. Is that about right?

I just use a 3 of coins once a boss is put down and no exotic drops.
    Drop rate is roughly 1 in 10, I reckon but you can go on a real bad run and see nothing drop for quite a while. I got two from doing the Black Garden mission and you can get consecutive drops.

Any boss with a Skull drops them but I don't think the Tanks in the Vex Mind or Valus Strikes do. Also doesn't work in the Mars Psion strike.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I just use a 3 of coins once a boss is put down and no exotic drops.
    Drop rate is roughly 1 in 10, I reckon but you can go on a real bad run and see nothing drop for quite a while. I got two from doing the Black Garden mission and you can get consecutive drops.

Any boss with a Skull drops them but I don't think the Tanks in the Vex Mind or Valus Strikes do. Also doesn't work in the Mars Psion strike.

Yeah, i was reading that about the flayers. Is there a cumulative effect on using them in consecutive strikes? If i don't use one for that Mars Mission does that mean the rollover cumulative effect is reduced?

The whole thing is a bit vague.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,388 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yeah, i was reading that about the flayers. Is there a cumulative effect on using them in consecutive strikes? If i don't use one for that Mars Mission does that mean the rollover cumulative effect is reduced?

The whole thing is a bit vague.

Current thinking is there's a ten to fifteen minute cooling off period after you kill an ultra where you will have a greatly reduced chance of getting an exotic, so you should space your ultra kills out. Other than that, every 3oC you you use without an exotic drop probably increases your chance of another exotic drop on the next one provided you space out the ultras a bit. Then it resets once you get an exotic.

This is all speculation though since bungie have never revealed the exact mechanics.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Current thinking is there's a ten to fifteen minute cooling off period after you kill an ultra where you will have a greatly reduced chance of getting an exotic, so you should space your ultra kills out. Other than that, every 3oC you you use without an exotic drop probably increases your chance of another exotic drop on the next one provided you space out the ultras a bit. Then it resets once you get an exotic.

This is all speculation though since bungie have never revealed the exact mechanics.

Hmmm, the ten to fifteen minute cooling off period sort of corresponds to the length of a strike.

I've another seven or eight left, going to wax the lot tonight and see how it goes.

I've no primary weapon over 299. Wouldn't mind getting something around 310.

Hmmm, the ten to fifteen minute cooling off period sort of corresponds to the length of a strike.

I've another seven or eight left, going to wax the lot tonight and see how it goes.

I've no primary weapon over 299. Wouldn't mind getting something around 310.

Make sure your light level is a minimum of 300. If not I don't think the engram will launch to 310 - it will be 300 - 290 afaik

Make sure your light level is a minimum of 300. If not I don't think the engram will launch to 310 - it will be 300 - 290 afaik

I'm 305 when i have the right stuff equipped. The drop i had last night was 310, so here's hoping anyways!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

ya sorry about that
    it can be a pain in the arse but we should have made it my bad fcuking wine

Dont worry dude Im just putting it down to my uselessness haha

Raid the raid with Totz,Dude etc last night and got a 310 Red Death out of Oryx so I popped into dread with it equipped only to see the Sky Burners ultra, quick hide while popping a 3 of coins. Jump out and get one round off killing him and got a 290 Takinought (You know the one) Helmet haha

My 3 of Coins farming seems to be 1 in 4 at the moment ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement