Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Wouldn't mind getting a 310 Red Death myself. I'm starting to form the opinion the IB scout may be one of the best things in the game. It absolutely melts in PvE. Kinda scared to bring it into PvP. I was useless with Scout Rifles in PvP Year 1 but the Hung Jury is pretty easy to use and now this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Hey lads, whats the best technique for farming with 3oC?
    After a quick google, it seems like the Shield Brothers strike has 2 majors - therefore twice the chance of getting a drop.

so does that mean - when I kill the first major and don't get an exotic drop, I need to pop another 3oC or do I need to wait for 10 mins between killing each major - even if I don't get an exotic drop?

Hey lads, whats the best technique for farming with 3oC?
    After a quick google, it seems like the Shield Brothers strike has 2 majors - therefore twice the chance of getting a drop.

so does that mean - when I kill the first major and don't get an exotic drop, I need to pop another 3oC or do I need to wait for 10 mins between killing each major - even if I don't get an exotic drop?

If you kill the first guy and it drops no exotic you can pop another three of coins. Even if the first one does drop it's tempting to pop another. Although it's stupid, very very stupid. :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

This is my favourite exotic farming run, I brought a few lads in on it on Saturday and I think they didnt believe it....... Until 1 got an exotic drop straight away haha

Basically you use one char and run it, then log in to your next char and run it and then on to your 3rd char and run it. The 3 of Coins should have reset by the time you get back to your first char. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfEgvqRXsOY

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

gimli2112 wrote: »
    If you kill the first guy and it drops no exotic you can pop another three of coins. Even if the first one does drop it's tempting to pop another. Although it's stupid, very very stupid. :(

And it wouldnt be like you to do stupid things :pac:

• Advertisement

Wouldn't mind getting a 310 Red Death myself. I'm starting to form the opinion the IB scout may be one of the best things in the game. It absolutely melts in PvE. Kinda scared to bring it into PvP. I was useless with Scout Rifles in PvP Year 1 but the Hung Jury is pretty easy to use and now this?

Out of my last 5 exotics, 3 of them rolled at 310 :cool:

Had a weird glitch yesterday. There's some bounties that pop up (can't remember where it started but you do one and it unlocks the next, seems to be centered around the Dreadnaught eg. do 5 patrol missions, punch 3 cursed thralls without dying etc) Got one yesterday but each time I tried to cash it in (twice) it booted me to orbit?????

Had a weird glitch yesterday. There's some bounties that pop up (can't remember where it started but you do one and it unlocks the next, seems to be centered around the Dreadnaught eg. do 5 patrol missions, punch 3 cursed thralls without dying etc) Got one yesterday but each time I tried to cash it in (twice) it booted me to orbit?????

Are they the weekly bounties? My punch 3 cursed thralls wont register.

The game seems very glitchy since the little update last week, in the raid last night I noticed it and playing PVP it kept happening close to the end of a match.

jonny24ie wrote: »
    This is my favourite exotic farming run, I brought a few lads in on it on Saturday and I think they didnt believe it....... Until 1 got an exotic drop straight away haha

It wasn't so much that I didn't believe, I just wasn't sure where you were bringing us was all.
    Was happy to see that exotic drop straight away though.

It wasn't so much that I didn't believe, I just wasn't sure where you were bringing us was all.
    Was happy to see that exotic drop straight away though.

Yeah it was hard to explain the exact spot haha Its a great little run for it tho. If you could get him with each 3 chars and then get in for the Skyburners ultra you should in theory have at least 1 exotic drop. I will be testing this out when I finally have 3 chars :D

What did your exotic turn out to be? :P

• Advertisement

The game seems very glitchy since the little update last week, in the raid last night I noticed it and playing PVP it kept happening close to the end of a match.

No they aren't weekly. You can only hold one at a time and I don't know where they came from.

For the cursed thralls are you punching the explodey guys? I thought those cursed thralls were the taken thralls and it had me perplexed until I realised they were the wrong guys all together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,341 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

It's kill 3 cursed thrall with Melee and you can't die between or it'll reset. You have to do it on the dreadnought.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    It's kill 3 cursed thrall with Melee and you can't die between or it'll reset. You have to do it on the dreadnought.

Yeah I have gotten one or two and checked it progress but it doesnt actually add to my progress at all. and I was on the way to the asylum area when I done it.

No they aren't weekly. You can only hold one at a time and I don't know where they came from.

For the cursed thralls are you punching the explodey guys? I thought those cursed thralls were the taken thralls and it had me perplexed until I realised they were the wrong guys all together.

Yeah the expoldey guys is what I was after.

I find the IB Scout to fire to slow. I was using a Suros DIS 47 yesterday and it cleared up. (I never use scouts in Crucible)

I got a TOO Scout yesterday with full auto so may give that aa go later.

Yeah I have gotten one or two and checked it progress but it doesnt actually add to my progress at all. and I was on the way to the asylum area when I done it.

There's a room where they spawn one after another in the area where you spawn in.

Just turn left towards the Orge spawn and follow the curved wall below where he fights the big Cabal guy.

Shoot the thrall once or twice then meele to one hit them before they detonate.

I find the IB Scout to fire to slow. I was using a Suros DIS 47 yesterday and it cleared up. (I never use scouts in Crucible)

I got a TOO Scout yesterday with full auto so may give that aa go later.

Yeah it does fire slow but hits like a truck. I don't know what it's like in Crucible. The TOO scout is it the something Lamp. I got one from Trials a while back which fires really fast and is full auto. It's pretty decent too.

Yeah it does fire slow but hits like a truck. I don't know what it's like in Crucible. The TOO scout is it the something Lamp. I got one from Trials a while back which fires really fast and is full auto. It's pretty decent too.

Inward Lamp ?

There's a room where they spawn one after another in the area where you spawn in.

Just turn left towards the Orge spawn and follow the curved wall below where he fights the big Cabal guy.

Shoot the thrall once or twice then meele to one hit them before they detonate.

I will try them again tonight and see how I get on. A few of the lads might need to run the sword quest tho so Ill see what I ahve time to help with or just general messing about :)

Gimli, you need your 3 swords dont you?

What did your exotic turn out to be? :P

Think it was a Telesto, at 280.

• Advertisement

I will try them again tonight and see how I get on. A few of the lads might need to run the sword quest tho so Ill see what I ahve time to help with or just general messing about :)

Gimli, you need your 3 swords dont you?

No I only have one sword ranked up. I started on the Solar one this weekend but haven't even used it in Multiplayer so am a bit off. Have a couple of Nightfalls to do. I solo'd one to the end and got to the boss. He killed me twice and in a fit of petulance I turned the console off thinking "What the hell am I doing?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,258 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I got the 310 IB scout - can't do much with it though. I have a much better success rate with the Jade Rabbit, which is a very similar gun stats wise, so I am not sure why i'm not a big fan of the IB one.

No I only have one sword ranked up. I started on the Solar one this weekend but haven't even used it in Multiplayer so am a bit off. Have a couple of Nightfalls to do. I solo'd one to the end and got to the boss. He killed me twice and in a fit of petulance I turned the console off thinking "What the hell am I doing?"

Ah well I can do the 1 sword with you if you want?

Ah a few nightfalls might be on the cards later for exotic farming :D

Think it was a Telesto, at 280.

I love the Telesto, mine dropped at 310 and is a beast :D

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Mickeroo wrote: »
    You try hard resetting the console and that?

Yeah I have tried that. I haven't been able to log in since the end of Iron Banner. It's a really dodgy looking msdos type error prompt. I think it's an Xbox error. I'll try clearing the console cache later but other games are working fine, so I think a re-install is needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

Yeah I have tried that. I haven't been able to log in since the end of Iron Banner. It's a really dodgy looking msdos type error prompt. I think it's an Xbox error. I'll try clearing the console cache later but other games are working fine, so I think a re-install is needed.

Are you able to log in to Bungie.net using your xbox credentials?

It might help determine if its a console or an account error at bungies end.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

CDBWhoop wrote: »
    Are you able to log in to Bungie.net using your xbox credentials?

It might help determine if its a console or an account error at bungies end.

Account is fine....... I'd be freaking out if it was an account problem! I can see my characters and all their gear through the companion app.

And just because you said that, I checked Bungie.net........ and all is good. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,510 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Account is fine....... I'd be freaking out if it was an account problem! I can see my characters and all their gear through the companion app.

And just because you said that, I checked Bungie.net........ and all is good. :pac:

copy on or off an external hdd maybe? might save you some time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

Hmmm, the ten to fifteen minute cooling off period sort of corresponds to the length of a strike.

I've another seven or eight left, going to wax the lot tonight and see how it goes.

I've no primary weapon over 299. Wouldn't mind getting something around 310.

So I actually had five 3OC's left.

Used them this evening in vanguard strikes. Guess what dropped? Two fcuking sets of exotic gauntlets that i already had.

FFS. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Such was the will of RNG Jesus :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement